Affiliation: French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research
- Cannabis intoxication and fatal road crashes in France: population based case-control studyBernard Laumon
French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment UMRESTTE, 25 Avenue François Mitterrand, F 69675 Bron Cedex
BMJ 331:1371. 2005..To evaluate the relative risk of being responsible for a fatal crash while driving under the influence of cannabis, the prevalence of such drivers within the driving population, and the corresponding share of fatal crashes...
- Tire blow-outs and motorway accidentsJean Louis Martin
French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Bron, France
Traffic Inj Prev 6:53-5. 2005..However, considering the time necessary to renew the number of cars on the roads, this very simple and inexpensive recommendation should apply to all cars and especially to vans...
- Functional outcome after road-crash injury: description of the ESPARR victims cohort and 6-month follow-up resultsMartine Hours
Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment UMRT9405 INRETS, Université Lyon I, InVS, INRETS, Universite de Lyon, F 69500 Bron, France
Accid Anal Prev 42:412-21. 2010..It is essential to know about the long-term consequences of road crashes involving corporal injury in order to adopt relevant public health measures...
- Diseases, consumption of medicines and responsibility for a road crash: a case-control studyMartine Hours
Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport Occupation and Environment, UMRT9405, INRETS Université Lyon I InVS, INRETS, F 69500 Bron, France
Accid Anal Prev 40:1789-96. 2008..A higher risk in subjects suffering from hypertension is observed (adjusted odds ratio [adjOR]=3.82; 95%CI=[1.42-10.24]). An association between antidepressant consumption and responsibility appeared (adjOR=3.61; 95%CI=[1.30-10.03])...
- Driving cessation and self-reported car crashes in older drivers: the impact of cognitive impairment and dementia in a population-based studySylviane Lafont
UMRESTTE, INRETS Université Lyon 1 Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Bron, France
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 21:171-82. 2008..Attentional and executive deficits were associated with both outcomes. The detection of attentional and executive deficits should be included in driving evaluation procedures to improve awareness of these deficits by older drivers...
- Actual incidences of road casualties, and their injury severity, modelled from police and hospital data, FranceEmmanuelle Amoros
University of Lyon 1 UCBL and French Institute for Public Health Surveillance InVS, Lyon, F 69008, France
Eur J Public Health 18:360-5. 2008..In France, as in many developed countries, the reporting of fatalities is almost complete but the reporting of non-fatal casualties is rather low. It is moreover strongly biased. Valid estimates are needed...
- The impact of driver age on lost life years for other road users in France: A population based study of crash-involved road usersSylviane Lafont
Transportation, Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Research and Surveillance Unit UMRESTTE, Joint Unit of the University of Lyon University Lyon 1, Lyon, F 69008, France
Accid Anal Prev 40:289-94. 2008..One of the concerns in road safety is the threat older drivers may pose to other road users. Using the rate of lost life years, the present study provides a public health approach to quantify this potential threat...
- Road crash casualties: characteristics of police injury severity misclassificationEmmanuelle Amoros
Transport, Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Research and Surveillance Unit UMRESTTE UMR T 9405, joint unit of the French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Bron, F 69500, France
J Trauma 62:482-90. 2007..We want to know how the police classification compares with a trauma severity scale, so that we could correctly interpret police based studies...
- Under-reporting of road crash casualties in FranceEmmanuelle Amoros
Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment, French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research, UCBL, InVS, 25 Avenue F Mitterrand, Case 24, 69675 Bron, Cedex, France
Accid Anal Prev 38:627-35. 2006..Police crash data, which are the basis for safety research in most countries, are incomplete and biased. We focus here on the extent of under-reporting in France, and how it is related to casualty and crash characteristics...
- Predictive factors of chronic post-traumatic stress disorder 6 months after a road traffic accidentLaetitia Chossegros
Transport Work and Environmental Epidemiology Research and Surveillance Unit UMRESTTE UMR T9405 Université de Lyon, INRETS, InVS 69500 Bron, France
Accid Anal Prev 43:471-7. 2011..This study sets out to identify risk factors for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after a road traffic accident with a view to improving prevention...
- Estimating non-fatal road casualties in a large French county, using the capture-recapture methodEmmanuelle Amoros
Epidemiological Research and Surveillance Unit in Transport, Occupation and Environment UMRESTTE, French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research INRETS, Bron, F 69500, France
Accid Anal Prev 39:483-90. 2007..We also wish to estimate an incidence rate of non-fatal road casualties that is corrected for under-count...
- The epidemiology of trauma of the genitourinary system after traffic accidents: analysis of a register of over 43,000 victimsPhilippe Paparel
Urology and Emergency, Lyon Sud Hospital, Lyon, France
BJU Int 97:338-41. 2006..To analyse the frequency and type of injury to the genitourinary system, by user category, after traffic accidents...