- Stress and the urge to drinkEvelyne Fouquereau
Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Addict Behav 28:669-85. 2003..Understanding why people drink alcohol is important for the health and safety of individuals and the public. The aim of this study was to examine from a cognitive point of view the hypothesized link between drinking and stress...
- Perceptions of and satisfaction with retirement: a comparison of six European union countriesEvelyne Fouquereau
Departement de Psychologie, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Psychol Aging 20:524-8. 2005..Finally, the data revealed that cultural background only accounted for a limited amount of variance in overall satisfaction with retirement...
- The relation between self-determination and retirement satisfaction among active retired individualsYannick Stephan
University of Paris XI, Orsay, France
Int J Aging Hum Dev 66:329-45. 2008..This exploratory study highlights the motivational mechanisms through which post-retirement behaviors could positively influence satisfaction with life in retirement among active retirees...
- Therapists' perceptions of the link between stress and the urge to drink among alcoholicsEvelyne Fouquereau
Departement de Psychologie, Universite Francois Rabelais, 3 rue des Tanneurs, BP 4103, F 37041 Tours 1, France
Addict Behav 29:483-94. 2004..Despite several limitations, this study is one of the first to demonstrate therapists' understanding of the cognitive functioning of alcoholic patients...
- Retirees' social identity and satisfaction with retirementEstelle Michinov
Department de Psychologie, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Int J Aging Hum Dev 66:175-94. 2008..As expected, regression analyses results indicated that only affective identity was a predictor of satisfaction with retirement. These results will be discussed in the framework of social identity theory literature...
- Body satisfaction and retirement satisfaction: the mediational role of subjective healthYannick Stephan
University Paris XI, Paris, France
Aging Ment Health 12:374-81. 2008..The present study hypothesized that body satisfaction, as an evaluative summary of the individual's somatic experiences, is positively related to retirement satisfaction through the mediation of subjective health...