- Change in leisure and social activities and risk of dementia in elderly cohortA Foubert-Samier
Dr A Foubert Samier, INSERM Unit 897, University of Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France, Phone 33 5 57 57 15 96 Fax 33 5 57 57 14 86, E mail
J Nutr Health Aging 18:876-82. 2014..To investigate the association of the change in practice of leisure and social activities with dementia risk taking into account the evolution of cognitive performances...
- Past exposure to neuroleptic drugs and risk of Parkinson disease in an elderly cohortAlexandra Foubert-Samier
INSERM Unit 897, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 79:1615-21. 2012..We assessed the long-term risk of developing PD after past exposure to these drugs, in a 15-year prospective population-based elderly cohort study...
- A long-term follow-up of weight changes in subthalamic nucleus stimulated Parkinson's disease patientsA Foubert-Samier
INSERM U897, Department of Neurology, University Hospital and Bordeaux 2 University, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 168:173-6. 2012..It may expose them to complications that should be considered for prevention and the patient's information before surgery...
- Health and aging in elderly farmers: the AMI cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux F 33000, France
BMC Public Health 12:558. 2012..The general aim of the AMI cohort was to study health and aging in elderly farmers living in rural area through a multidisciplinary approach, with a main focus on dementia...
- Risk of dementia in an elderly population of Parkinson's disease patients: a 15-year population-based studyFlorian Perez
University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France CHU de Bordeaux, Pôle neurosciences cliniques, Bordeaux, France
Alzheimers Dement 8:463-9. 2012..We estimated the risk of dementia in newly diagnosed cases of PD in a population-based cohort of subjects aged >65 years...
- Mobile technologies in the early detection of cognitive declineMichele Allard
Univ Bordeaux, INCIA, UMR 5287, Bordeaux, France CNRS, INCIA, UMR 5287, Bordeaux, France EPHE, Bordeaux, France CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 9:e112197. 2014..The combination of both novel and traditional methods should provide the best opportunity for identifying the earliest risk factors and biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. ..
- [Paquid 2012: illustration and overview]Jean Francois Dartigues
Unité Inserm 897, Université Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, CMRR Bordeaux, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 10:325-31. 2012..On the basis of the Paquid data, we have shown that the prodromal phase of AD was longer than ten years and that dementia represented the major cause of dependency in the elderly...
- Compensatory mechanisms in higher-educated subjects with Alzheimer's disease: a study of 20 years of cognitive declineHelene Amieva
1 INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, F 33076 France Univ Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, F 33076 France
Brain 137:1167-75. 2014..In contrast, higher education protects against further cognitive decline for ∼7 years until pathology becomes more severe...
- [Activities in retired people and the risk of dementia]Melanie Le Goff
Inserm U897 et Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
C R Biol 332:378-84. 2009..The age of cessation of professional activity is not associated with the risk of dementia. An active life seems to be a possible way to prevent dementia...
- Education, occupation, leisure activities, and brain reserve: a population-based studyAlexandra Foubert-Samier
CMRR d Aquitaine, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Neurobiol Aging 33:423.e15-25. 2012..Education, occupation attainment, and leisure activities were found to contribute differently to reserve capacity. Education could play a role in the constitution of cerebral reserve capacity...
- Natural history of functional decline in Alzheimer's disease: a systematic reviewFleur Delva
Centre INSERM, ISPED, Bordeaux, France University Bordeaux Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France CMRR d Aquitaine, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 40:57-67. 2014..Knowledge of functional evolution in dementia is crucial for the patients and their families as well as the clinician...
- Prescription of antiepileptics and the risk of road traffic crashLudivine Orriols
Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Univ Bordeaux, ISPED, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Pharmacol 53:339-44. 2013..Patients with prescription of antiepileptic drugs should be cautioned about their potential risk of road traffic crash. This risk is however more likely to be related to seizures than to the effect of antiepileptic medicines...