- Declining trends in early warning indicators for HIV drug resistance in Cameroon from 2008-2010: lessons and challenges for low-resource settingsJoseph Fokam
Chantal BIYA International Reference Centre CIRCB for research on HIV AIDS prevention and management, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Public Health 13:308. 2013....
- Population-based monitoring of emerging HIV-1 drug resistance on antiretroviral therapy and associated factors in a sentinel site in Cameroon: low levels of resistance but poor programmatic performanceSerge C Billong
National HIV Drug Resistance Prevention and Surveillance Working Group, Yaounde, Cameroon
PLoS ONE 8:e72680. 2013..However, challenges in long-term ART, adherence and HIV drug resistance (HIVDR) itself, require monitoring to limit HIVDR emergence among ART-experienced populations, in order to ensure regimen efficacy...
- Early warning indicators for HIV drug resistance in Cameroon during the year 2010Serge C Billong
National HIV Drug Resistance Surveillance and Prevention Working Group, HIVDR WG, National AIDS Control Committee, Yaounde, Cameroon
PLoS ONE 7:e36777. 2012..In order to sustain the effectiveness of ART in a resource-limited country like Cameroon, HIVDR early warning indicators (EWI) may provide relevant corrective measures to support the control and therapeutic management of AIDS...
- Monitoring HIV Drug Resistance Early Warning Indicators in Cameroon: A Study Following the Revised World Health Organization RecommendationsJoseph Fokam
Chantal BIYA International Reference Centre for Research on HIV AIDS Prevention and Management CIRCB, Yaounde, Cameroon Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences FMBS, University of Yaounde I, Yaounde, Cameroon University of Rome Tor Vergata, Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Rome, Italy National HIV Drug Resistance Surveillance and Prevention Working Group, Ministry of Public Health, Yaounde, Cameroon
PLoS ONE 10:e0129210. 2015..A detrimental outcome in scaling-up ART is the emergence HIV drug resistance (HIVDR), suggesting the need for pragmatic approaches in sustaining a successful ART performance...
- Short Communication: Population-Based Surveillance of HIV-1 Drug Resistance in Cameroonian Adults Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy According to the World Health Organization GuidelinesJoseph Fokam
1 Chantal BIYA International Reference Centre for Research on HIV AIDS Prevention and Management, Yaounde, Cameroon
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 32:329-33. 2016..With an intent-to-diagnose approach, the discrepant levels of DRMs support using Stanford HIVdb to evaluate initial ART, while revising the WHO list for surveillance. ..
- HIV-1 Early Infant Diagnosis is an Effective Indicator of the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission Program Performance: Experience from CameroonEdith Michele Saounde Temgoua
Chantal BIYA International Reference Centre CIRCB for research on HIV AIDS prevention and management, PO Box 3077, Messa, Yaounde, Cameroon
Curr HIV Res 13:286-91. 2015....
- Phylogenetics of HIV-1 subtype G env: Greater complexity and older origins than previously reportedMarcel Tongo
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Cape Town, South Africa Division of Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa Division of Medical Virology, Faculty of Health Sciences, and Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa Institute of Medical Research and Study of Medicinal plants IMPM, Yaounde, Cameroon
Infect Genet Evol 35:9-18. 2015..Overall, this fills important gaps in our knowledge of the early events in the spread of HIV-1M...