Genomes and Genes
Jean Francois Flejou
- Chromosomal instability in near-diploid colorectal cancer: a link between numbers and structureMartine Muleris
French National Institute for Health and Medical Research INSERM, UMRS_762, Centre de Recherche CDR Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1632. 2008....
- [Macroscopic examination of esophagectomy specimens]Jean Francois Flejou
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184, rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12
Ann Pathol 23:371-8. 2003..This article describes a protocol for the examination of these specimens in surgical pathology departments...
- Barrett's oesophagus: from metaplasia to dysplasia and cancerJ F Flejou
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, F 75571, Paris, Cedex 12, France
Gut 54:i6-12. 2005....
- Mucinous colon carcinomas with microsatellite instability have a lower microvessel density and lower vascular endothelial growth factor expressionDominique Wendum
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Virchows Arch 442:111-7. 2003..A low COX-2 expression could be related to the medullary phenotype. However, this has to be confirmed in a larger series. Finally, the low MVD of MSI+ mucinous colon adenocarcinomas could participate in their overall better prognosis...
- Microsatellite instability in colorectal carcinoma. The comparison of immunohistochemistry and molecular biology suggests a role for hMSH6 [correction of hMLH6] immunostainingValerie Rigau
Department of Pathology, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:694-700. 2003..The identification of cancers associated with MSI requires classical molecular testing as the gold standard...
- Tissue microarray technology: validation in colorectal carcinoma and analysis of p53, hMLH1, and hMSH2 immunohistochemical expressionFlorence Jourdan
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Virchows Arch 443:115-21. 2003..We showed that 48.5% overexpressed p53 and 8.7% lost hMLH1 or hMSH2. Tissue microarray technology, validated in colorectal carcinoma, appears as a useful research tool for rapid analysis of the clinical interest of molecular alterations...
- Mononucleotide repeats BAT-26 and BAT-25 accurately detect MSI-H tumors and predict tumor content: implications for population screeningCaroline Brennetot
INSERM U434, Centre d Etudes du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 113:446-50. 2005..Our results have implications for large-scale screening of cancer patients to determine MSI-H status and prognosis...
- What is the incidence of metastatic lymph node involvement after significant pathologic response of primary tumor following neoadjuvant treatment for locally advanced rectal cancer?Hadrien Tranchart
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1551-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the rate of lymph node (LN) involvement in patients with complete (ypT0) or major (TRG1: very few viable tumor cells) response...
- Gene expression classification of colon cancer into molecular subtypes: characterization, validation, and prognostic valueLaetitia Marisa
Cartes d Identité des Tumeurs program, Ligue Nationale Contre Cancer, Paris, France
PLoS Med 10:e1001453. 2013..The aim of this study was to establish a comprehensive molecular classification of CC based on mRNA expression profile analyses...
- Mucin gene expression in intraductal papillary-mucinous pancreatic tumours and related lesionsBenoit Terris
Services d anatomie pathologique, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Pathol 197:632-7. 2002....
- MYH biallelic mutation can inactivate the two genetic pathways of colorectal cancer by APC or MLH1 transversionsJeremie H Lefevre
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, France
Fam Cancer 9:589-94. 2010..588 + 5G > T) leading to a complete deletion of exon 7 at the RNA level. This observation demonstrates that MLH1 can be a target of MYH transversions leading to MSI phenotype...
- Methylation tolerance due to an O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) field defect in the colonic mucosa: an initiating step in the development of mismatch repair-deficient colorectal cancersMagali Svrcek
Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex, France
Gut 59:1516-26. 2010..It was therefore hypothesised that an MGMT field defect may constitute a preneoplastic event for the development of MMR-deficient tumours displaying microsatellite instability (MSI)...
- Expression of inflammatory secretory phospholipase A2 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 in premalignant and malignant Barrett's oesophagusChristine Lagorce-Pages
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Avicenne, AP HP, Bobigny, France
Virchows Arch 444:426-35. 2004....
- COX-2, inflammatory secreted PLA2, and cytoplasmic PLA2 protein expression in small bowel adenocarcinomas compared with colorectal adenocarcinomasDominique Wendum
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Mod Pathol 16:130-6. 2003..The same pattern of protein expression found in both types of adenocarcinoma contradicts experimental results in mice. Moreover, our results strengthen the similarities between these two types of human cancer...
- Macrocystic form of serous pancreatic cystadenomaDenis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hĵpital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hĵpitaux de Paris, France
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2566-71. 2002..We aimed to describe clinicopathological and imaging features with cyst fluid analysis in a series of patients undergoing surgery for macrocystic serous cystadenoma...
- Overexpression of microRNAs-155 and 21 targeting mismatch repair proteins in inflammatory bowel diseasesMagali Svrcek
INSERM UMR S 938 Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, Paris, France
Carcinogenesis 34:828-34. 2013..The detection and monitoring of miR-155 field defect may, therefore, have implications for the prevention and treatment of MSI IBD CRCs...
- Implication of MYH in colorectal polyposisJeremie H Lefevre
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine AP HP, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:874-9; discussion 879-80. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the frequency of MYH mutations in one large population of polyposis patients without APC mutation identified...
- Lynch or not Lynch? Is that always a question?Chrystelle Colas
INSERM, UMRS 938, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Paris, France
Adv Cancer Res 113:121-66. 2012..LS tumors are therefore at the junction of inherited and MSI cases. We describe here the defining characteristics of LS tumors that differentiate them from inherited non-MSI tumors and from non-inherited MSI tumors...
- Screening for Lynch syndrome in colorectal cancer: are we doing enough?Guillaume Canard
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 19:809-16. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of screening for the detection of Lynch syndrome (LS) in an unselected population undergoing surgery for a colorectal cancer...
- Somatic c.34G>T KRAS mutation: a new prescreening test for MUTYH-associated polyposis?Adeline Aimé
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hôpital Saint Antoine Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris VI University, Paris, France Department of Genetics, Hôpital de la Pitié Salpêtrière Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris VI University, Paris, France
Cancer Genet 208:390-5. 2015..For polyposis, it may guide genetic testing toward APC or MUTYH. If routinely performed in CRC patients, it could help to diagnose MUTYH-mutation carriers, even when they don't fulfill genetic testing criteria. ..
- Adenocarcinoma of the upper esophagus arising in heterotopic gastric mucosa: common pathogenesis with Barrett's adenocarcinoma?Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 441:406-11. 2002....
- Unilocular acinar cell cystadenoma of the pancreas an unusual acinar cell tumorDenis Chatelain
Anatomic Pathology Department, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Clin Pathol 118:211-4. 2002..We report a case of cystic acinar cell tumor of the pancreas with benign gross and histologic features that could be added to the list of cystic neoplasms of the pancreas as acinar cell cystadenoma...
- Biological and prognostic relevance of mitogen-activated protein kinases in pancreatic adenocarcinomaAdriana Handra-Luca
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, APHP Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Bobigny, France
Pancreas 41:416-21. 2012....
- Isolated metastatic tumors to the pancreas: Hôpital St-Antoine experienceNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Pancreas 39:577-80. 2010..The leading sources of metastases are breast, lung, kidney, and skin (melanoma). We present our experience with 12 cases of isolated pancreatic metastasis...
- HSP110 T17 simplifies and improves the microsatellite instability testing in patients with colorectal cancerOlivier Buhard
INSERM, UMRS 938 Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Equipe Labellisée par la Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Med Genet 53:377-84. 2016....
- Multipopulation analysis of polymorphisms in five mononucleotide repeats used to determine the microsatellite instability status of human tumorsOlivier Buhard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U434, Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 24:241-51. 2006..Moreover, these markers are quasimonomorphic in germline DNA of the white population (ie, individuals of Eurasian origin), and could be used for tumor MSI determination without the requirement for matching normal DNA in this group...
- Clinical challenges and images in GI. Extrahepatic biliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stromaNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 134:1295, 1637. 2008
- Extensive characterization of sphere models established from colorectal cancer cell linesAda Collura
INSERM, UMRS_938, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, 75012, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:729-42. 2013..In conclusion, CFS models derived from CRC cell lines possess interesting phenotypic features that may have clinical relevance for drug resistance and disease relapse...
- SMAD4 protein expression and cell proliferation in colorectal adenocarcinomasAdriana Handra-Luca
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, APHP Avicenne Université Paris 13 Nord Medecine, EA3406, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93000 Bobigny, France
Virchows Arch 459:511-9. 2011..Although the advantage of immunohistochemistry is high throughput, our results allow only an initial evaluation, and subsequent studies, including genetic analyses, are required...
- Liver adenomatosis: classification of MR imaging features and comparison with pathologic findingsMaïté Lewin
Department of Radiology, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Radiology 241:433-40. 2006..To retrospectively compare the clinical manifestation and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging features of liver adenomatosis with pathologic findings...
- New Therapeutic Opportunities Based on DNA Mismatch Repair and BRAF Status in Metastatic Colorectal CancerRomain Cohen
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris, France
Curr Oncol Rep 18:18. 2016..Following, BRAF (V600E) prognostic impact will be reviewed and therapeutic strategies with the combination of cytotoxic agents and especially the combinations of BRAF and MAPK inhibitors will be discussed. ..
- Risk of colorectal high-grade dysplasia and cancer in a prospective observational cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, AP HP, Hôpital Saint Antoine F 75012 and UPMC Univ Paris 06 F 75005, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 145:166-175.e8. 2013..We analyzed data on CRC development among patients with IBD enrolled in the observational cohort Cancers et Surrisque Associé aux Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales En France (CESAME)...
- Presacral neuroendocrine carcinoma developed in a tailgut cyst: report of a caseNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, AP HP, 75012 Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 46:411-3. 2003..To the best of our knowledge this is only the second such tumor reported in the literature...
- Involvement of Meckel diverticulum in Crohn disease associated with pancreatic heterotopiaNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:E99-E100. 2003..We report herein the presence of Crohn disease within a Meckel diverticulum, with a normal small bowel immediately adjacent to the diverticulum, associated with pancreatic heterotopia...
- High-grade dysplasia and superficial adenocarcinoma in Barrett's esophagus: histological mapping and expression of p53, p21 and Bcl-2 oncoproteinsDenis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine 75541, Paris Cedex 12, France
Virchows Arch 442:18-24. 2003..p53 dysfunction plays a major role in the progression from dysplasia to carcinoma in Barrett's esophagus and appears unrelated to p21 and Bcl-2 expression...
- Ex vivo sentinel lymph node mapping in colorectal cancerStephen W Bell
Department of Digestive Surgery, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, CancerEst, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 48:74-9. 2005..Most published series have used the in vivo technique and only three studies have been published in which the ex vivo technique was used. The aim of this study was to report the results of a larger study of ex vivo sentinel node mapping...
- [Pancreatectomy for adenocarcinoma: prognostic factors, recommendations for pathological reports]Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens cedex 01, France
Ann Pathol 22:422-31. 2002..We propose a pre-established form including these items for pathological reports of pancreatectomy for adenocarcinomas...
- Azathioprine-induced carcinogenesis in mice according to Msh2 genotypeAlexandra Chalastanis
INSERM, UMRS, Paris, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1731-40. 2010..It has also been suggested that thiopurine drugs might constitute a risk factor for the emergence of human neoplasms displaying microsatellite instability (MSI) because of deficient DNA mismatch repair...
- [Lympho-epithelial cyst of the pancreas: a difficult diagnosis. About two cases]Denis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:935-8. 2002..Cytological and histological analysis of fine needle aspiration material is of diagnostic interest and can avoid surgical resection when patients are symptom-free...
- Vessels' morphology in SMAD4 and BMPR1A-related juvenile polyposisAdriana Handra-Luca
Hopital Jean Verdier, Department of Pathology, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet A 138:113-7. 2005..The presence of malformative vessels within the stromal component might be a useful tool to drive the subsequent genetic and clinical management...
- Assessment of MRI and MRCP in diagnosis of biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinomaMaïté Lewin
Department of Radiology, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris, France
Eur Radiol 16:407-13. 2006..Gadolinium-enhanced MRI in combination with MRCP is a valuable tool for the diagnosis of BCA or BCAC. However, no specific information is gained for POS detection...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 and its role in colorectal cancer developmentDominique Wendum
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
Virchows Arch 445:327-33. 2004..However, their real efficiency and the cost/benefit balance are currently evaluated, and no definite conclusion can be made at the moment...
- Regulation of colon cancer cell proliferation and migration by MD-2 activityVirginie Grondin
ER7 UPMC, University of Paris 6, Paris, France
Innate Immun 17:414-22. 2011..Our data attest to a role of MD-2 activity in colon cancer epithelial cell proliferation and migration, which may be important in the general correlation between innate immune response, chronic inflammation, and cancer...
- Azathioprine induction of tumors with microsatellite instability: risk evaluation using a mouse modelSahra Bodo
INSERM, UMR_S 938, CdR Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancer, Equipe Labellisée par la Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, F 75012, Paris, France
Oncotarget 6:24969-77. 2015..It was associated with the development of lymphomas, one of which displayed the MSI phenotype, unlike the CsA-induced lymphomas. Our findings define Aza as a risk factor for an MSI-driven lymphomagenesis process...
- R1 rectal resection: look up and don't look downCamille Tilly
Department of Digestive Surgery Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ann Surg 260:794-9; discussion 799-800. 2014..Such findings transform a planned R0 resection to R1...
- Small bowel adenocarcinomas complicating Crohn's disease are associated with dysplasia: a pathological and molecular studyMagali Svrcek
1Department of Pathology, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, hôpitaux universitaires Est Parisien, Paris, France 2University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France 3Intensive Care Unit, Besançon University, CHU of Besançon, Besancon, France 4Department of Gastroenterology, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, hôpitaux universitaires Est Parisien, Paris, France Departments of 5Gastroenterology, and 6Pathology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium 7Department of Biochemistry and Oncogenetics, AP HP, Hôpitaux Universitaires Paris Sud, University Paris Sud, Paul Brousse Hospital, Villlejuif, France 8Department of Biochemistry, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, hôpitaux universitaires Est Parisien, Paris, France Departments of 9Gastroenterology, and 10Pathology, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy Departments of 11Gastroenterology, and 12Pathology, MO 64110
Inflamm Bowel Dis 20:1584-92. 2014..Moreover, molecular data about SBA complicating CD and associated dysplasia are very limited. We therefore assessed dysplasia and several key molecular markers of carcinogenesis in SBA and dysplasia developed in patients with CD...
- Human chorionic gonadotrophin beta expression in malignant Barrett's oesophagusAnne Couvelard
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, 92118 Clichy Cedex, France
Virchows Arch 445:279-84. 2004..Human chorionic gonadotrophin beta (hCGbeta) is expressed in several non-trophoblastic tumours, and this is usually associated with aggressive behaviour. Little is known about hCGbeta expression in Barrett's adenocarcinoma...
- [Precancerous lesions and IBD - pathological aspects]Jean Francois Flejou
Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:D140-8. 2004
- MiRNA genes constitute new targets for microsatellite instability in colorectal cancerNizar El-Murr
INSERM, UMRS 938 Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e31862. 2012..Functional studies are now required to conclude whether mutated miRNAs, and especially the miR-1303, might have a role in MSI tumorigenesis...
- Aspects of liver pathology in adult patients with MDR3/ABCB4 gene mutationsDominique Wendum
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, APHP, Hopital St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Virchows Arch 460:291-8. 2012..Lipid crystals in bile ducts may be suggestive of MDR3/ABCB4 mutation. MDR3 immunostaining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections does not seem to be sensitive for the diagnosis of heterozygous MDR3/ABCB4 mutations...
- Defective mismatch repair status as a prognostic biomarker of disease-free survival in stage III colon cancer patients treated with adjuvant FOLFOX chemotherapyAziz Zaanan
Department of Gastroenterology and Digestive Oncology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 17:7470-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of MMR status for DFS in patients with stage III colon cancer receiving adjuvant FOLFOX chemotherapy...
- [Role of the pathologist in the processing of adenocarcinoma of the stomach, oesophagogastric junction and lower third of the oesophagus]Magali Svrcek
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Est, AP HP, France
Ann Pathol 31:419-26. 2011..A standardized assessment of the histological tumour response is a necessary prerequisite for future studies looking at the adaptation of chemotherapy depending on the histological tumour response...
- Immunotherapy and patients treated for cancer with microsatellite instabilityRaphaël Colle
Department of Medical Oncology, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Bull Cancer . 2016..Then we focus on MSI as a predictive biomarker of response to immune checkpoint inhibition in the context of colorectal cancer and non-colorectal tumors...
- Diagnosis of Constitutional Mismatch Repair-Deficiency Syndrome Based on Microsatellite Instability and Lymphocyte Tolerance to Methylating AgentsSahra Bodo
INSERM, UMR_S 938 Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancer, équipe labellisée par la Ligue Nationle contre le Cancer, Paris, France UPMC Univ Paris, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 149:1017-29.e3. 2015..We investigated whether these features could be used to identify patients with CMMRD...
- Malignant intrahepatic biliary papillomatosis associated with viral C cirrhosisNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:369-71. 2002..We report herein a case of malignant intrahepatic biliary papillomatosis associated with cirrhosis secondary to hepatitis C. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of this association...
- Abnormal expression of M1/MUC5AC mucin in distal colon of patients with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis and cancerMarie Elisabeth Forgue-Lafitte
INSERM U673, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, F 75012 Paris, France
Int J Cancer 121:1543-9. 2007..In macroscopically normal mucosa, ACF were the most important source of M1/MUC5AC mucin. Testing of M1/MUC5AC can enhance the detection of precancerous lesions and colon cancer...
- Hepatocellular adenoma displaying a HNF1alpha inactivation in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposis coliEmmanuelle Jeannot
INSERM, U674, IUH, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
J Hepatol 45:883-6. 2006..Altogether, these results suggest that benign hepatocellular carcinogenesis may be dependent on or independent of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in patients with FAP...
- Cytoplasmic phospholipase A2 alpha overexpression in stromal cells is correlated with angiogenesis in human colorectal cancerDominique Wendum
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, France
Mod Pathol 18:212-20. 2005..The lower number of cytoplasmic PLA2-positive stromal cells in carcinomas with microsatellite instability could be related to their lower microvessel density and VEGF expression...
- Correlation between patterns of DNA mismatch repair hmlh1 and hmsh2 protein expression and progression of dysplasia in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasAdriana Handra-Luca
Department of Pathology, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 444:235-8. 2004..Two patterns of protein expression were observed and were correlated with the progression of dysplasia in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms...
- Photodynamic therapy with green light and m-tetrahydroxyphenyl chlorin for intramucosal adenocarcinoma and high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagusJacques Etienne
Centre de Thérapie Photodynamique Pluridisciplinaire, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Gastrointest Endosc 59:880-9. 2004....
- Epithelioid solitary fibrous tumor in the ischioanal fossaNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Virchows Arch 446:674-6. 2005
- [Gastrointestinal bleeding: a difficult diagnosis]Eva Comperat
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris
Ann Pathol 23:455-6. 2003
- Changing pathology with changing drugs: tumors of the gastrointestinal tractPascale Cervera
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Pathobiology 78:76-89. 2011..They express the KIT protein, a membrane receptor, and respond to imatinib which is a tyrosine kinase receptor inhibitor, depending on the mutational status of the tumor...
- Lymph node metastases of prostatic adenocarcinoma in the mesorectum in patients with adenocarcinoma or villous tumor of the rectum with collision phenomenon in a single lymph node: report of five casesNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Public Hôpitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 48:384-9. 2005..We report five patients with metastatic prostatic carcinoma to mesorectal lymph nodes, with the "collision phenomenon" in one lymph node. The diagnosis of prostate cancer was clinically unsuspected in two cases...
- Acute hepatitis E: a cause of lymphocytic destructive cholangitisDominique Wendum
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine AP HP, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Hum Pathol 36:436-8. 2005..Therefore, hepatitis E should be considered as a diagnostic possibility when liver biopsy shows acute hepatitis and lymphocytic destructive cholangitis. The mechanism of bile duct damage in hepatitis E remains unknown...
- [Fatal Dieulafoy's type ulcer in a case of gastric AL-amyloidosis]Nelly Youssef
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sèvres 75743 Paris cedex 15
Ann Pathol 24:256-8. 2004..Pathogenesis of Dieulafoy's ulcer remains unclear. In our case, local ischemia may have facilitated gastric ulceration, and amyloid deposits may have contributed to arterial rupture...
- [Liver involvement revealing systemic mastocytosis: report of two cases]Dominique Wendum
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Jean Verdier, AP HP, Avenue du 14 Juillet, 93143 Bondy Cedex
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:80-3. 2004..The diagnosis is often difficult. Mast cell tissular infiltration can be identified on paraffin sections by tryptase or CD117 (c-kit) immuno-staining...
- Adrenalectomy for clinically isolated metastasis from colorectal carcinoma: report of eight casesNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1846-9. 2008..Metastasis to the adrenal glands is a relatively frequent finding at autopsy. Adrenal metastasis of colorectal carcinoma is rare (14 percent). Isolated adrenal metastasis is even rarer, and presents a therapeutic dilemma...
- [Quality assessment of intraoperative frozen sections in a teaching hospital: an analysis of 847 consecutive cases]Dominique Wendum
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris 12
Ann Pathol 23:393-9. 2003..Although a high rate of differed diagnosis was observed in thyroid neoplasms, frozen sections remain useful for these lesions. Imprint cytology of thyroid nodules is advisable...
- Which lesions should be biopsied during high-resolution anoscopy? Prospective descriptive study of simple morphological criteriaMarine Camus
1Department of Proctology, Diaconesses Hospital, and 2Department of Anatomopathology, University Paris VI, Saint Antoine Hospital, APHP, Paris, France
J Low Genit Tract Dis 19:156-60. 2015..High-resolution anoscopy (HRA) is a useful screening tool for anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN), although reputedly challenging for interpretation of suspected lesions...
- [DNA mismatch repair and BRAF status in colorectal cancer: Interest for the therapeutic management?]Romain Cohen
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hôpitaux universitaires de l Est Parisien AP HP, Site Saint Antoine 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France Groupe coopérateur multidisciplinaire en oncologie GERCOR, Paris, France
Bull Cancer 102:S72-81. 2015..We highlight immune checkpoints inhibitors as potentially future therapeutics for CRC with deficient MMR. We also focus on the management of BRAF mutant metastatic CRC, with a particular interest on targeted therapies. ..
- Mucinous cystadenoma with mesenchymal over-growth: a new variant among pancreatic mucinous cystadenomas?Adriana Handra-Luca
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Virchows Arch 445:203-5. 2004..It is conceivable that the mesenchymal component described in our case could represent an early stage in the development of sarcoma in mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas...
- Malignant deciduoid mesothelioma: a diagnostic challengeNajat Mourra
Department of Pathology, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:403-6. 2005..The patient died 14 months after the first operation. This observation confirms the poor prognosis of this entity and the importance of the differential diagnosis of pseudotumoral deciduosis...
- Pathology analysis reveals that dysplastic pancreatic ductal lesions are frequent in patients with hereditary pancreatitisVinciane Rebours
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Service de Gastroentérologie Pancréatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Paris, Clichy, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:206-12. 2010....
- [Heterotopic mesenteric ossification: a rare cause of postoperative occlusion]Eva Comperat
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:188-9. 2004..In all reported series, there was a history of traumatic injury of the abdomen. We report two cases of heterotopic mesenteric ossification occurring after laparotomy in adults...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid therapy and the risk of colorectal adenoma in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis: an observational studyLawrence Serfaty
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Service d Anatomopathologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, INSERM U370, Paris, France
Hepatology 38:203-9. 2003..These results are strengthened by the significant reduction in colon epithelial cell proliferation seen in patients treated with UDCA...
- Brunner gland hamartoma with predominant adipose tissue and ciliated cystsDenis Chatelain
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:734-5. 2002..The presence of ciliated cells in the gut mucosa is a rare phenomenon, which has already been described in the esophagus and stomach. We report an unusual case of ciliated metaplasia in a duodenal Brunner gland hamartoma...
- EGFR- and VEGF(R)-targeted small molecules show synergistic activity in colorectal cancer models refractory to combinations of monoclonal antibodiesVirginie Poindessous
Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Therapeutics, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 17:6522-30. 2011..We speculated that inhibition of surface receptors and ligands might only partly prevent oncogenic signaling whereas small-molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) would also influence intracellular signaling...
- Expression of a mutant HSP110 sensitizes colorectal cancer cells to chemotherapy and improves disease prognosisCoralie Dorard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Paris, France
Nat Med 17:1283-9. 2011..The survival and response to chemotherapy of subjects with MSI CRCs was associated with the tumor expression level of HSP110ΔE9. HSP110 may thus constitute a major determinant for both prognosis and treatment response in CRC...
- Neurotensin receptor 1 gene activation by the Tcf/beta-catenin pathway is an early event in human colonic adenomasFrédérique Souazé
INSERM U673 UPMC, Department of Pathology, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Carcinogenesis 27:708-16. 2006..In this report we establish a novel link in vitro between the Tcf/beta-catenin pathway and NT1 receptor promoter activation...
- Microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer: from molecular oncogenic mechanisms to clinical implicationsAziz Zaanan
INSERM, UMR_S, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 34:155-76. 2011....
- Imprint cytology in tumor tissue bank quality control: an efficient method to evaluate tumor necrosis and to detect samples without tumor cellsPascaline Boudou-Rouquette
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Virchows Arch 456:443-7. 2010..We show that IC is efficient to semiquantify necrosis in a tumor sample and to detect significant necrosis. IC seems to be less efficient to quantify tumor cells...
- Knockout of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor impairs distal lung morphogenesisRalph Epaud
Inserm UMRS 938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48071. 2012..Lethal respiratory failure in neonatal IGF-1R knockout mice suggested a particular role for this receptor in pulmonary development, and we therefore investigated the consequences of IGF-1R inactivation in lung tissue...
- High-resolution genotyping of chromosome 8 in colon adenocarcinomas reveals recurrent break point but no gene mutation in the 8p21 regionNajat Mourra
CHU St Antoine, Department of Pathology, Paris, France
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:90-3. 2008..No mutation was found, suggesting more complex mechanisms of inactivation or side effects of chromosome arm 8q duplication, which might be up-regulating oncogenes not located within the deleted region...
- Histological assessment of oesophageal columnar mucosaJean Francois Flejou
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:671-86. 2008..The role of pathologists is now extended to the evaluation of new therapeutic modalities of early neoplastic lesions in Barrett's oesophagus, especially endoscopic mucosal resection...
- [Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas with predominant intraductal growth: report of a case]Magali Svrcek
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques Hôpital Saint Antoine, APHP, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:543-6. 2007..These rare forms of ACC can be confused with intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasms. In our report, fine needle aspiration cytology performed during endoscopic ultrasound examination was a valuable tool in the diagnostic assessment...
- Regressive liver adenomatosis following androgenic progestin therapy withdrawal: a case report with a 10-year follow-up and a molecular analysisMagali Svrcek
Services d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Eur J Endocrinol 156:617-21. 2007..Only two cases of regressive LA after hormone withdrawal therapy have been described so far but without any information concerning the molecular characteristics of the tumours...
- Impaired E-cadherin expression and glutamine synthetase overexpression in solid pseudopapillary neoplasm of the pancreasVirginie Audard
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS, Paris, France
Pancreas 36:80-3. 2008....
- Value of cytologic Papanicolaou smears and polymerase chain reaction screening for human papillomavirus DNA in detecting anal intraepithelial neoplasia: comparison with histology of a surgical sampleIsabelle Etienney
Proctology Service Medical Intervention, Diaconesses Croix St Simon Group Hospitals, Paris, France
Cancer 118:6031-8. 2012..The objective of the current study was to analyze the significance of abnormal smears relative to the histology and PCR detection of HPV DNA...
- Ovarian metastases from breast cancer: report of 29 casesVeronique Bigorie
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Cancers, Tenon Hospital, Public Assistance Hospitals of Paris, Paris, France
Cancer 116:799-804. 2010..The objective of this study was to describe the characteristics and survival outcomes of patients with breast cancer who had ovarian metastases...
- Specific clinical and biological features characterize inflammatory bowel disease associated colorectal cancers showing microsatellite instabilityMagali Svrcek
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 25:4231-8. 2007..We investigated a large series of IBD-N for associations between MSI and several biologic and clinical parameters related to tumors, patients, and their treatment...
- [Uncommon types of chronic pancreatitis]Nelly Youssef
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Ann Pathol 22:387-96. 2002..New insights into the understanding of chronic pancreatitis lead to new physiopathological concepts, and many arguments suggest that combined factors may lead to chronic inflammatory lesions of the pancreas...
- Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay impacts MSI-driven carcinogenesis and anti-tumor immunity in colorectal cancersJamila El-Bchiri
INSERM, UMR S893, Team 13 Microsatellite Instability and Cancers, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2583. 2008....
- The mechanisms underlying MMR deficiency in immunodeficiency-related non-Hodgkin lymphomas are different from those in other sporadic microsatellite instable neoplasmsClaire Borie
INSERM, UMR_S 938, Team Microsatellite Instability and Cancers, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 125:2360-6. 2009..They give the exact way how to make the diagnosis of MSI in these tumors and may help to define biological and clinicalrisk factors associated with their emergence in such a clinicalcontext...
- APC, MYH, and the correlation genotype-phenotype in colorectal polyposisJeremie H Lefevre
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine, University Paris VII Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 16:871-7. 2009..The aim of our study was to investigate patients with polyposis treated in our institution for a correlation between genotype and phenotype...
- KSHV/HHV8-associated intestinal Kaposi's sarcoma in patient with ulcerative colitis receiving immunosuppressive drugs: report of a caseMagali Svrcek
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:154-8. 2009..However, discontinuation of the immunosuppression is not always possible and in those cases chemotherapy may be indicated...