- [Cardiotoxicity associated with trastuzumab (herceptin). An undesired effect leads towards a model of cardiac insufficiency]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 97:333-7. 2004..These studies not only explain all the clinical signs of Trastuzumab's cardiotoxicity but also suggest ways of preventing and treating some of these cases of cardiac failure...
- Mobile thrombi of the right heart in pulmonary embolism: delayed disappearance after thrombolytic treatmentEmile Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Pasteur University Hospital, 30 Ave de la Voie Romaine, Nice 06002, France
Chest 127:1051-3. 2005..How these clots evolve after treatment, in particular after thrombolytic treatment (TT), is unknown. We sought to determine the outcome of these mobile clots in the RH during TT...
- Coronary syndromes following aspirin withdrawal: a special risk for late stent thrombosisEmile Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Pasteur Hospital, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice, Alpes Maritimes 06200, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:456-9. 2005..We sought to determine whether aspirin withdrawal is an encountered situation in coronary disease patients who relapsed...
- [Impact of biochemisty on the duration of treatment for pulmonary embolus]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Pasteur, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 96:1198-201. 2003..The first results of this approach are interesting, but require confirmation before they can be used in practice...
- Cardiac remodelling amongst adults with various aetiologies of pulmonary arterial hypertension including Eisenmenger syndrome-implications on survival and the role of right ventricular transverse strainPamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, avenue de la Voie Romaine, CS 51069 06001 Nice, France
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging . 2016..In this study, we compared global ventricular function assessed by speckle-tracking in adult patients with ES, other PAH aetiologies, or healthy controls; and assessed the relationship between ventricular function and survival...
- B blood group: A strong risk factor for venous thromboembolism recurrenceDelphine Baudouy
Cardiology Department, Pasteur University Hospital, CHU de Nice, France
Thromb Res 136:107-11. 2015..However, only little is known about the risk of recurrence according to the blood group. In this study, we aimed to determine the impact of ABO blood group on VTE recurrence...
- Early detection of cardiac involvement in sarcoidosis with 2-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiographyElie Dan Schouver
Cardiology Department, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Int J Cardiol . 2016....
- Speckle-tracking imaging in patients with Eisenmenger syndromePamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, 06002 Nice, France Faculté de Médecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06002 Nice, France Electronic address
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 109:104-12. 2016..Adults with Eisenmenger syndrome have a survival advantage over those with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. Improved survival may result from preservation of right ventricular (RV) function...
- Timing of troponin I measurement in pulmonary embolismEmile Ferrari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Nice, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice 06002, France
Heart 98:732-5. 2012..Troponin I (TnI) is an important prognostic marker and risk-stratification tool in patients with pulmonary embolism (PE). However, the best timing for this biomarker measurement is still unclear...
- Penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers of the infrarenal aorta: life-threatening lesionsM Batt
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hopital Saint Roch, 0600 Nice Cedex 1, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:35-42. 2005..To analyze the incidence, clinical features, natural history, and treatment of penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers (PAU) of the abdominal aorta...
- [Duration of antivitamin K therapy in venous thromboembolic disease. Certainties and uncertainties]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , CHU, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1301-6. 2001..The results of studies evaluating the durations of long-term treatment with less intense levels of anticoagulation (INR < 2) as well as therapeutic alternatives to antivitamin K (antiaggregants or other antithrombins) are awaited...
- Real time three-dimensional echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular function in heart failure patients: underestimation of left ventricular volume increases with the degree of dilatationPamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Nice, Nice, France
Echocardiography 29:970-7. 2012....
- Atherosclerosis of the thoracic aorta and aortic debris as a marker of poor prognosis: benefit of oral anticoagulantsE Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:1317-22. 1999....
- Imaging in pulmonary hypertension: Focus on the role of echocardiographyPamela Moceri
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, BP69, CS 51069, 06001 Nice Cedex 1, France Electronic address
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 107:261-71. 2014..In this review, we will link pulmonary hypertension pathophysiological changes with echocardiographical indices and describe the clinical implications of echocardiographical findings...
- [Duration of antivitamin K therapy in venous thromboembolic disease]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, CHU, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1891-4. 1995..The evaluation of longer treatment protocols with less intensive degrees of anticoagulation and of alternatives to oral vitamin K antagonists is justified...
- Self-taught axillary vein access without venography for pacemaker implantation: prospective randomized comparison with the cephalic vein accessFabien Squara
Cardiology Department, Pasteur University Hospital, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Europace . 2017..We assessed whether the introduction of the axillary vein technique was safe and efficient as compared with cephalic vein access, in a centre where no operators had any previous experience in axillary vein puncture...
- From adolescents to adults with congenital heart disease: the role of transitionPamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, Pasteur University Hospital, Nice, France
Eur J Pediatr 174:847-54. 2015..The aim of this review is to explain and discuss the clinical impact of the transition process in adolescents with CHD. We will also discuss specific CHD adolescents' problems...
- Doubling the dose of clopidogrel restores the loss of antiplatelet effect induced by esomeprazolePamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, Pasteur Hospital, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Thromb Res 128:458-62. 2011..We studied the impact of esomeprazole and ranitidine on the antiplatelet action of clopidogrel and aspirin and sought to determine whether doubling the dose of clopidogrel could restore its efficacy...
- [Venous thromboembolism and cancer]E Ferrari
, CHU, Service de cardiologie, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1307-12. 2001..Moreover, some publications have demonstrated a chance finding of a possible anticancer effect of antithrombotic agents...
- [The best of thrombosis and thromboembolic disease in 1999]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:77-81. 2000..This emphasises the importance of early diagnosis which is usually possible without resorting to invasive procedures and by modulating all the results of paraclinical investigations with respect to the pretest clinical probability...
- [Epidemiology of pulmonary embolism]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1687-91. 1995..Further progress could come from improved identification of patients at risk, especially by biological tests and new abnormalities of blood coagulation...
- Travel as a risk factor for venous thromboembolic diseaseEmile Ferrari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice, France
Eur J Med Res 9:146-9. 2004..A 100 AXa U/kg single dose of a low molecular weight heparin, given 2-4 hours before the flight, have been reported to be more effective than aspirin and placebo. However, the benefit/risk ratio of such a strategy remains to be assessed...