- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and risk of fractures in French older personsC Feart
Univ Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, 33000, Bordeaux, France
Osteoporos Int 24:3031-41. 2013....
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet in Morocco and its correlates: cross-sectional analysis of a sample of the adult Moroccan populationKarima El Rhazi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Fez 30000, Morocco
BMC Public Health 12:345. 2012..This study aimed to analyse socio-demographic factors associated with adherence to the Mediterranean diet (MeDi) in a national random sample of the adult Moroccan population...
- Potential benefits of adherence to the Mediterranean diet on cognitive healthCatherine Feart
University of Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Proc Nutr Soc 72:140-52. 2013..In conclusion, large-scale studies in various populations with common methodology are required before considering the MeDi as an optimal dietary strategy to prevent cognitive decline or dementia...
- Association between IgM anti-herpes simplex virus and plasma amyloid-beta levelsCatherine Feart
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
PLoS ONE 6:e29480. 2011..The aim of our study was to investigate the association between anti-HSV antibodies and plasma Aβ levels...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and energy, macro-, and micronutrient intakes in older personsCatherine Feart
Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, INSERM, U897, Université Bordeaux Segalen, ISPED Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Physiol Biochem 68:691-700. 2012..This cross-sectional study provides the nutrient-related basis of the Mediterranean-type diet of French elderly community dwellers, which might participate to its well-documented beneficial effects on health...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet, cognitive decline, and risk of dementiaCatherine Feart
Research Center INSERM U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
JAMA 302:638-48. 2009..Higher adherence to a Mediterranean-type diet is linked to lower risk for mortality and chronic diseases, but its association with cognitive decline is unclear...
- Mediterranean diet and cognitive function in older adultsCatherine Feart
Research Center INSERM, U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 13:14-8. 2010..Although nutrition constitutes an interesting approach in preventing age-related brain disorders, the association between the Mediterranean-style diet and cognitive functions has been very occasionally explored...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and plasma fatty acids: data from the Bordeaux sample of the Three-City studyCatherine Feart
Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, INSERM, U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, ISPED Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
Br J Nutr 106:149-58. 2011..There was no association between MeDi adherence and SFA and total MUFA. The present results suggest that the protective effect of the MeDi on cognitive functions might be mediated by higher plasma DHA and lower n-6:n-3 PUFA ratios...
- Plasma eicosapentaenoic acid is inversely associated with severity of depressive symptomatology in the elderly: data from the Bordeaux sample of the Three-City StudyCatherine Feart
INSERM U593, Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1156-62. 2008..Depressive symptoms are commonly observed in elderly people, and nutritional factors such as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) have been proposed as potential protective determinants of depressive disorders...
- Adherence to a Mediterranean diet and onset of disability in older personsCatherine Feart
Equipe Epidémiologie de la Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, INSERM, U897, Université Bordeaux Segalen, ISPED Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Epidemiol 26:747-56. 2011..In addition to its well-documented beneficial effects on health, adherence to a Mediterranean-type diet could contribute to slow down the disablement process in women...
- Dietary patterns derived by hybrid clustering method in older people: association with cognition, mood, and self-rated healthCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Case 11, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F 33076 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Am Diet Assoc 108:1461-71. 2008..Dietary patterns that represent a combination of foods may better predict disease risk than single foods or nutrients...
- Low plasma eicosapentaenoic acid and depressive symptomatology are independent predictors of dementia riskCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, Equipe Epidémiologie de Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 88:714-21. 2008..Plasma n-3 PUFAs have been shown to be inversely related to the risk of dementia and to depression, which is frequently associated with dementia...
- Energy, macronutrient and fatty acid intake of French elderly community dwellers and association with socio-demographic characteristics: data from the Bordeaux sample of the Three-City StudyCatherine Feart
INSERM U593, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
Br J Nutr 98:1046-57. 2007..9 and decreased with higher educational level. The present results suggest that being female, older age, being widowed and low income level could be considered as risk factors of inadequate dietary intake...
- High concentrations of plasma n3 fatty acids are associated with decreased risk for late age-related macular degenerationBénédicte M J Merle
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
J Nutr 143:505-11. 2013....
- Plasma retinol and association with socio-demographic and dietary characteristics of free-living older persons: the Bordeaux sample of the three-city studyCatherine Feart
INSERM, U897, Univ Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 80:32-44. 2010..These results allow targeting older individuals who are at risk of either excessive or deficient vitamin A status and who should benefit from dietary counseling...
- From genetics to dietetics: the contribution of epidemiology to understanding Alzheimer's diseasePascale Barberger-Gateau
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 33:S457-63. 2013..Research should focus on sensitive instruments to capture early functional decline to improve the identification of elderly patients at high risk of conversion to dementia...
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Community-Dwelling Elderly Is Not Associated with Age-Related Macular DegenerationAudrey Cougnard-Grégoire
University of Bordeaux, ISPED, Bordeaux, France INSERM, Center INSERM U897 Epidemiology Biostatistic, Bordeaux, France and
J Nutr 145:1865-72. 2015..Elderly persons are at elevated risk of vitamin D deficiency, which is involved in various health problems. However, its relation with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is debated...
- A prospective study of the bi-directional association between vision loss and depression in the elderlyIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier F 34093, France University Montpellier I, Montpellier F 34000, France
J Affect Disord 151:164-70. 2013..Our objective was to prospectively examine the bi-directional association of VI and visual function (VF) loss with depressive symptoms in the elderly...
- ω-3 fatty acids and cognitive decline: modulation by ApoEε4 allele and depressionCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, Department of Nutritional Epidemiology, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
Neurobiol Aging 32:2317.e13-22. 2011..EPA and DHA may contribute to delaying decline in visual working memory in ApoE-ε4 carriers. In older depressed subjects, EPA, but not DHA, may slow cognitive decline...
- Mediterranean diet and preserved brain structural connectivity in older subjectsAmandine Pelletier
Univ Bordeaux, ISPED, centre Inserm U897, F 33076 Bordeaux, France INSERM, ISPED, centre Inserm U897, F 33076 Bordeaux, France
Alzheimers Dement 11:1023-31. 2015..g., vascular pathways)...
- Dietary omega-3 fatty acids and the risk for age-related maculopathy: the Alienor StudyBénédicte Merle
INSERM U897, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6004-11. 2011..The authors report the associations of ARM with past dietary intakes in French elderly subjects...
- Mediterranean diet and cognitive health: an update of available knowledgeCatherine Feart
INSERM, ISPED and University Bordeaux, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 18:51-62. 2015..The objective of this review was to examine the most recent evidence on the association between adherence to a Mediterranean diet (MeDi) and cognitive health among elderly individuals...
- Chronic low-grade inflammation in elderly persons is associated with altered tryptophan and tyrosine metabolism: role in neuropsychiatric symptomsLucile Capuron
Laboratory of Psychoneuroimmunology, Nutrition and Genetics, INRA, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Biol Psychiatry 70:175-82. 2011..The present study assessed this possibility in 284 healthy elderly subjects drawn from the Three-City cohort...