- [Noma in HIV-infected adults]O Faye
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:199-201. 2003..Noma is a necrotic stomatitis, frequent in undernourished children in tropical countries. Its occurrence in adults is extremely rare and has recently been described during AIDS. We report two new cases...
- A public health approach for leprosy detection based on a very short term-training of primary health care workers in basic dermatologyO Faye
CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Lepr Rev 78:11-6. 2007..This study will evaluate the impact of this training on the detection of leprosy at primary health care level...
- [Diagnosing hypopigmented lesions in black skin]O Faye
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:877-84. 2006
- [Vulvar complications of urogenital schistosomiasis: study of 8 cases in Ségou, Mali]O Faye
Service de dermatologie du CNAM ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 99:96-8. 2006..Further examinations, including ultrasonography of the pelvis in larger series, are needed to learn more about the mechanism of this clinical entity...
- Side effects of de-pigmenting products in Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 44:35-6. 2005
- High prevalence of non-leprotic hypochromic patches among children in a rural area of Mali, West AfricaO Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, PO Box 251, Bamako, Mali
Lepr Rev 76:144-6. 2005..Helping those who should be involved in that detection in distinguishing true cases from other hypochromic disorders appears to be a priority...
- [Schistosomiasis of the vulva]O Faye
Service Dermatologie CNAM, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 131:1117. 2004
- Pruritus in dermatological hospital in Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux PO Box 251 Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:44-7, 49-52. 2012..Dermatological causes represented 95% of the etiologies. This work allowed us to observe the systemic causes of pruritus in the dermatological environment in Mali and greater likelihood of black women to attend because of pruritus...
- Dermatitis of the folds in black Africans in Bamako, MaliSomita Keita
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, PO Box 251 Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:37-40, 41-4. 2012..In populations with specific cultural practices, apart from a thorough knowledge of these specific factors, treatment of these conditions requires certain harmful attitudes and behaviors to be abandoned...
- [Etiology of acquired hypochromic patches in dermatological area in Mali]Siritio Berthe
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux BP 251 Bamako, Mali
Mali Med 27:6-9. 2012..Very few studies on hypochromic disorders have been conducted in specialized health centers. The present study is aimed to describe the etiologies of hypochromic patches in dermatological area, in Bamako...
- Prurit en consultation hospitalière à Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:49-52. 2012..Ce travail nous a permis de noter la rareté des causes systémiques du prurit en milieu dermatologique au Mali et une plus grande susceptibilité de la femme noire à consulter pour prurit...
- Dermatoses des plis chez le noir Africain à Bamako (Mali)Somita Keita
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux Bamako, Mali Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:41-4. 2012..Dans les populations ayant des pratiques culturelles spécifiques, la prise en charge de ces affections nécessite, outre une bonne connaissance de ces spécificités, l'abandon des attitudes et comportements néfastes...
- A preliminary test of the protective efficacy of permethrin-treated bed nets in an area of Anopheles gambiae metabolic resistance to pyrethroids in north CameroonJosiane Etang
Organisation de Coordination pour la lutte contre les Endémies en Afrique Centrale OCEAC, P O Box 288, Yaounde, Cameroun
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:881-4. 2007..Parasitaemia was not significantly different between the two arms. These findings suggest good, although transitory, personal protection against malaria conferred by PTNs in an area of metabolic-based permethrin resistance...
- [Sero-epidemiological study of cowdriosis in Moorish zebu cattle from Senegal]M Mbengue
Institut Sénégalais de Recherches Agricoles, Laboratoire national de l élevage et de recherches vétérinaires, BP 2057, Dakar Hann, Senegal
Parasite 14:169-71. 2007....
- Hair care and hair styles in women in Bamako, MaliSomita Keita
Department of Dermatology, Centre National d Appui à la lutte contre la Maladie CNAM Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 44:26-9. 2005
- Leishmania major, the predominant Leishmania species responsible for cutaneous leishmaniasis in MaliCarlos Paz
Section of Dermatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:583-5. 2013..These results implicate L. major as the predominant, possibly exclusive species responsible for CL in Mali...
- [New cases of leprosy at the Marchoux Institute: a comparative study 1988-1997]S Keita
, BP 2759, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 128:217-9. 2001..001).CONCLUSION: These findings demonstrate a change in the epidemiology, clinical and bacilloscopic pattern of patients with leprosy from 1988 to 1997...
- Prevalence of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Districts of High and Low Endemicity in MaliBourama Traoré
International Center of Excellence in Research ICER Mali, University of Sciences, Techniques and Technology of Bamako USTTB, Bamako, Mali
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 10:e0005141. 2016..LST positivity correlated to higher levels of antibodies to sand fly salivary proteins, suggesting their potential as a risk marker for CL acquisition in Mali...
- Oral amoxicillin vs. oral erythromycin in the treatment of pyoderma in Bamako, Mali: an open randomized trialOusmane Faye
Center National d Appui à la lutte contre la Maladie CNAM, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 46:19-22. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of oral amoxicillin in the treatment of pyoderma in Mali, by comparison with oral erythromycin...
- [Predictive value of consultation reasons in the diagnosis of leprosy in Bamako (Mali)]S Keita
Institut Marchoux, B P 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:1009-11. 2002....
- [Evaluation of the clinical classification of new cases of leprosy. Study conducted at the Marchoux Institute in Bamako, Mali]S Keita
Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:184-6. 2003..The aim of our study was to evaluate the concordance between this clinical classification and that based on a bacilloscopic examination...
- Integration of basic dermatological care into primary health care services in MaliAntoine Mahé
Department of Dermatology, Institut d Hygiene Sociale, Dakar, Senegal
Bull World Health Organ 83:935-41. 2005..To evaluate, in a developing country, the effect of a short training programme for general health care workers on the management of common skin diseases--a neglected component of primary health care in such regions...
- [Counseling in dermatology and cosmetology at pharmacies in Ouagadougou]Pascal Niamba
Service de dermatologie vénérologie, CHU Yalgado Ouedraogo, 01 BP 4030, Ouagadougou 01 Burkina Faso
Sante 17:11-4. 2007..This study shows the gap between the need for counselling from pharmacies and its satisfaction. It also underlines the necessity of reorganization in this domain...
- Cell-mediated immunologic mechanism and severity of TENOusmane Faye
Arch Dermatol 141:775-6. 2005
- [Malaria in mangrove areas of the Saloum delta (Senegal)]Abdoulaye Diop
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Unité de recherche 077 Paludologie afrotropicale, Centre IRD de Hann, BP 1386, CP 18524 Dakar, Senegal
Sante 16:253-7. 2006..It is therefore important to set up a functional system of epidemiological monitoring to detect any malaria outbreaks...
- Prevalence and factors associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: results from two case-control studiesJean E Revuz
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Dermatologie, Creteil, France, Universite Paris 12, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:596-601. 2008..Conflicting opinions have been reported regarding the epidemiology of hidradenitis suppurativa...