- [Noma in HIV-infected adults]O Faye
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:199-201. 2003..Noma is a necrotic stomatitis, frequent in undernourished children in tropical countries. Its occurrence in adults is extremely rare and has recently been described during AIDS. We report two new cases...
- Side effects of de-pigmenting products in Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 44:35-6. 2005
- [Diagnosing hypopigmented lesions in black skin]O Faye
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:877-84. 2006
- [Vulvar complications of urogenital schistosomiasis: study of 8 cases in Ségou, Mali]O Faye
Service de dermatologie du CNAM ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 99:96-8. 2006..Further examinations, including ultrasonography of the pelvis in larger series, are needed to learn more about the mechanism of this clinical entity...
- A public health approach for leprosy detection based on a very short term-training of primary health care workers in basic dermatologyO Faye
CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Lepr Rev 78:11-6. 2007..This study will evaluate the impact of this training on the detection of leprosy at primary health care level...
- High prevalence of non-leprotic hypochromic patches among children in a rural area of Mali, West AfricaO Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, PO Box 251, Bamako, Mali
Lepr Rev 76:144-6. 2005..Helping those who should be involved in that detection in distinguishing true cases from other hypochromic disorders appears to be a priority...
- [Schistosomiasis of the vulva]O Faye
Service Dermatologie CNAM, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 131:1117. 2004
- Pruritus in dermatological hospital in Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux PO Box 251 Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:44-7, 49-52. 2012..Dermatological causes represented 95% of the etiologies. This work allowed us to observe the systemic causes of pruritus in the dermatological environment in Mali and greater likelihood of black women to attend because of pruritus...
- Dermatitis of the folds in black Africans in Bamako, MaliSomita Keita
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, PO Box 251 Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:37-40, 41-4. 2012..In populations with specific cultural practices, apart from a thorough knowledge of these specific factors, treatment of these conditions requires certain harmful attitudes and behaviors to be abandoned...
- Dermatoses des plis chez le noir Africain à Bamako (Mali)Somita Keita
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux Bamako, Mali Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:41-4. 2012..Dans les populations ayant des pratiques culturelles spécifiques, la prise en charge de ces affections nécessite, outre une bonne connaissance de ces spécificités, l'abandon des attitudes et comportements néfastes...
- Prurit en consultation hospitalière à Bamako, MaliOusmane Faye
Department of Dermatology, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali Faculty of Medicine, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 51:49-52. 2012..Ce travail nous a permis de noter la rareté des causes systémiques du prurit en milieu dermatologique au Mali et une plus grande susceptibilité de la femme noire à consulter pour prurit...
- [Etiology of acquired hypochromic patches in dermatological area in Mali]Siritio Berthe
Service de Dermatologie, CNAM Ex Institut Marchoux BP 251 Bamako, Mali
Mali Med 27:6-9. 2012..Very few studies on hypochromic disorders have been conducted in specialized health centers. The present study is aimed to describe the etiologies of hypochromic patches in dermatological area, in Bamako...
- A preliminary test of the protective efficacy of permethrin-treated bed nets in an area of Anopheles gambiae metabolic resistance to pyrethroids in north CameroonJosiane Etang
Organisation de Coordination pour la lutte contre les Endémies en Afrique Centrale OCEAC, P O Box 288, Yaounde, Cameroun
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:881-4. 2007..Parasitaemia was not significantly different between the two arms. These findings suggest good, although transitory, personal protection against malaria conferred by PTNs in an area of metabolic-based permethrin resistance...
- [Sero-epidemiological study of cowdriosis in Moorish zebu cattle from Senegal]M Mbengue
Institut Sénégalais de Recherches Agricoles, Laboratoire national de l élevage et de recherches vétérinaires, BP 2057, Dakar Hann, Senegal
Parasite 14:169-71. 2007....
- Hair care and hair styles in women in Bamako, MaliSomita Keita
Department of Dermatology, Centre National d Appui à la lutte contre la Maladie CNAM Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 44:26-9. 2005
- Leishmania major, the predominant Leishmania species responsible for cutaneous leishmaniasis in MaliCarlos Paz
Section of Dermatology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:583-5. 2013..These results implicate L. major as the predominant, possibly exclusive species responsible for CL in Mali...
- [New cases of leprosy at the Marchoux Institute: a comparative study 1988-1997]S Keita
, BP 2759, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 128:217-9. 2001..001).CONCLUSION: These findings demonstrate a change in the epidemiology, clinical and bacilloscopic pattern of patients with leprosy from 1988 to 1997...
- Oral amoxicillin vs. oral erythromycin in the treatment of pyoderma in Bamako, Mali: an open randomized trialOusmane Faye
Center National d Appui à la lutte contre la Maladie CNAM, BP 251, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 46:19-22. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of oral amoxicillin in the treatment of pyoderma in Mali, by comparison with oral erythromycin...
- [Predictive value of consultation reasons in the diagnosis of leprosy in Bamako (Mali)]S Keita
Institut Marchoux, B P 251, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:1009-11. 2002....
- [Evaluation of the clinical classification of new cases of leprosy. Study conducted at the Marchoux Institute in Bamako, Mali]S Keita
Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Ann Dermatol Venereol 130:184-6. 2003..The aim of our study was to evaluate the concordance between this clinical classification and that based on a bacilloscopic examination...
- [Counseling in dermatology and cosmetology at pharmacies in Ouagadougou]Pascal Niamba
Service de dermatologie vénérologie, CHU Yalgado Ouedraogo, 01 BP 4030, Ouagadougou 01 Burkina Faso
Sante 17:11-4. 2007..This study shows the gap between the need for counselling from pharmacies and its satisfaction. It also underlines the necessity of reorganization in this domain...
- Integration of basic dermatological care into primary health care services in MaliAntoine Mahé
Department of Dermatology, Institut d Hygiene Sociale, Dakar, Senegal
Bull World Health Organ 83:935-41. 2005..To evaluate, in a developing country, the effect of a short training programme for general health care workers on the management of common skin diseases--a neglected component of primary health care in such regions...
- Prevalence and factors associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: results from two case-control studiesJean E Revuz
AP HP, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Service de Dermatologie, Creteil, France, Universite Paris 12, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:596-601. 2008..Conflicting opinions have been reported regarding the epidemiology of hidradenitis suppurativa...
- Cell-mediated immunologic mechanism and severity of TENOusmane Faye
Arch Dermatol 141:775-6. 2005
- [Malaria in mangrove areas of the Saloum delta (Senegal)]Abdoulaye Diop
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Unité de recherche 077 Paludologie afrotropicale, Centre IRD de Hann, BP 1386, CP 18524 Dakar, Senegal
Sante 16:253-7. 2006..It is therefore important to set up a functional system of epidemiological monitoring to detect any malaria outbreaks...