- An insulin sensitizer improves the free radical defense system potential and insulin sensitivity in high fructose-fed ratsP Faure
Groupe de Recherche sur les Pathologies Oxydatives, UFR de Pharmacie, La Tronche, France
Diabetes 48:353-7. 1999....
- Zinc protects HeLa-tat cells against free radical cytotoxicity induced by glucosePatrice Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, 38000 Grenoble, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 18:269-76. 2005..These results suggest that the glucose oxidation and its subsequent effects on the cells can be prevented by a biological antioxidant such as zinc...
- Albumin antioxidant capacity is modified by methylglyoxalP Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Faculte de Medecine et Pharmacie, Domaine de la Merci, 38700 La Tronche, France
Diabetes Metab 31:169-77. 2005..Methylglyoxal (MG) is a very reactive dicarbonyl compound increased in diabetes which strongly modifies proteins by non-enzymatic glycosylation. The aim of this work was to study if MG could modify albumin antioxidant capacity...
- Selenium supplementation decreases nuclear factor-kappa B activity in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from type 2 diabetic patientsP Faure
Laboratoire d Etude de la Physiopathologie de l Hypoxie, La Tronche, France
Eur J Clin Invest 34:475-81. 2004..We investigated the effects of selenium supplementation in type 2 diabetic patients on several oxidative stress parameters and NF-kappaB activity...
- Protective effects of antioxidant micronutrients (vitamin E, zinc and selenium) in type 2 diabetes mellitusPatrice Faure
Laboratoire du Stress Oxydant et Pathologies Associées, Universite J Fourier, Domaine de la Merci, La Tronche, Grenoble, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:995-8. 2003..Selenium is a major antioxidant trace element and is the co-factor of glutathione peroxidase (Se GSHpx). Low Se GSHpx activity, observed in diabetic patients, is associated with thrombosis and cardiovascular complications...
- Comparison of the effects of zinc alone and zinc associated with selenium and vitamin E on insulin sensitivity and oxidative stress in high-fructose-fed ratsPatrice Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Hypoxie Physio Pathologie Respiratoire et Cardiovasculaire, INSERM ERI 0017, Faculte de Medecine Pharmacie, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 21:113-9. 2007....
- The severity of nocturnal hypoxia but not abdominal adiposity is associated with insulin resistance in non-obese men with sleep apneaAnne Laure Borel
Endocrinology Department, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
PLoS ONE 8:e71000. 2013..Beyond obesity, sleep apnea syndrome is frequently associated with excess abdominal adiposity that could contribute to the deteriorated cardiometabolic risk profile of apneic patients...
- Characterization of free radical defense system in high glucose cultured HeLa-tat cells: consequences for glucose-induced cytotoxicitySophie Bouvard
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, 38000 Grenoble, France
Free Radic Res 36:1017-22. 2002..As a consequence of tat tranfection Mn-SOD activity was 50% lower in HeLa-tat cells in comparison to HeLa-wild cells. This work emphasizes the importance of the antioxidant system in the glucose induced cytotoxicity...
- Fructose-fed rat hearts are protected against ischemia-reperfusion injuryMarie Joyeux-Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Hypoxie Physio Pathologie Respiratoire et Cardiovasculaire, Faculte de Medecine Pharmacie, Universite Grenoble I, Domaine de la Merci, 38706 La Tronche, France
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:456-62. 2006..This study indicates that fructose feeding affords protection against in vitro ischemia-reperfusion injury, potentially implicating vitamin E...
- Pleiotropic role of IGF-I in obesity hypoventilation syndromeDenis Monneret
INSERM ERI0017, Laboratoire HP2, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:127-33. 2010..An increased cardio-vascular risk has been demonstrated compared to normocapnic obesity. IGF-I has a pleiotropic role in metabolism, ventilatory control, muscle function and cardiovascular protection...
- [Should etomidate still be used?]J F Payen
Pôle d Anesthésie Réanimation, Hopital Michallon, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:915-9. 2008..Substitutive opotherapy with low doses of hydrocortisone should be assessed after a single dose of etomidate for critically ill patients...
- Endothelin regulates intermittent hypoxia-induced lipolytic remodelling of adipose tissue and phosphorylation of hormone-sensitive lipaseAnne Briançon-Marjollet
Université Grenoble Alpes, HP2, Grenoble, France
J Physiol 594:1727-40. 2016..These results help us better understand the mechanisms of dyslipidaemia in disorders associated with intermittent hypoxia, such as obstructive sleep apnoea...
- [Simultaneous determination of guanidinoacetate, creatine and creatinine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: a diagnostic tool for creatine deficiency syndromes in body fluids and a perspective use on cultured fibroblasts]Laetitia Van Noolen
Departement de Biochimie, toxicologie et pharmacologie, CHU, Hopital A Michalon, Grenoble, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 71:429-37. 2013..05). A reliable LC/MSMS method for the diagnosis of CDS was developed in different biological fluids. Finally, results of the Cr uptake study reinforce the interest of this technique to diagnose Cr transporter deficiencies. ..
- Association of urinary 15-F2t-isoprostane level with oxygen desaturation and carotid intima-media thickness in nonobese sleep apnea patientsDenis Monneret
INSERM ERI0017, Laboratoire HP2, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Free Radic Biol Med 48:619-25. 2010....
- [Development and analytical validation according COFRAC recommendations of pyruvate and ketone body assay on open automated analyser]Lysiane Boulet
Laboratoire des Maladies Héréditaires du Métabolisme, biochimie génétique et moléculaire, Departement de Biochimie, toxicologie et pharmacologie, CHU de Grenoble site Nord Institut de biologie et de pathologie, Grenoble, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 72:312-20. 2014....
- Rapidly exchangeable pool study of zinc in free-living or institutionalized elderly womenPatrice Faure
Laboratoire HP2, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, BP 217, Grenoble, France
Nutrition 21:831-7. 2005..We evaluated the effect of age and institutionalization on zinc metabolism by using a stable isotope technique...
- 2'-deoxyguanosine oxidation is associated with decrease in the DNA-binding activity of the transcription factor Sp1 in liver and kidney from diabetic and insulin-resistant ratsO Ramon
, , La Tronche, France
Free Radic Biol Med 30:107-18. 2001..Therefore, the modification in the binding efficiency of Sp1 or NF-kappaB could be related to reactive oxygen species-mediated DNA damage...
- Four years of LC-MS/MS method for quantification of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (D2+D3) for clinical practiceCecile Meunier
Unit of Hormone and Nutrition, Department of Biochemistry, Toxicology and Pharmacology, University Hospital Center, Grenoble, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 989:54-61. 2015..This simple robust online SPE-LC/MS/MS method is suitable for routine measurement of 25OHD(2) and 25OHD(3) in human adult plasma. The assay operates for 4 years and has performed more than 40,000 patient samples on a shared instrument...
- Corticosteroid after etomidate in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialJean Francois Payen
Departmentsof Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Albert Michallon Hospital, Grenoble, France
Crit Care Med 40:29-35. 2012..To investigate the effects of moderate-dose hydrocortisone on hemodynamic status in critically ill patients throughout the period of etomidate-related adrenal insufficiency...
- High dietary sucrose triggers hyperinsulinemia, increases myocardial beta-oxidation, reduces glycolytic flux and delays post-ischemic contractile recoveryD Gonsolin
Laboratoire de Bioénergétique Fondamentale et Appliquée, INSERM E221, Universite J Fourier, BP 53, 38041, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Mol Cell Biochem 295:217-28. 2007..Sucrose rich-diet impaired early post-ischemic recovery of isolated heart cardiac mechanical function and further augmented cardiac beta-oxidation but reduced glycolytic and lactate flux...
- Cysteinyl leukotrienes modulate angiotensin II constrictor effects on aortas from streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsG Hardy
Laboratory of Pharmacology, University of Medicine, LSCPA EA2937, La Tronche, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1751-8. 2001....
- Heat stress protects against electrophysiological damages induced by acute doxorubicin exposure in isolated rat heartsM Joyeux
, , UFR de Pharmacie, Grenoble, France
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 15:219-24. 2001..Further investigations are required to elucidate the precise mechanisms involved in this effect...
- Impairment of the antioxidant properties of serum albumin in patients with diabetes: protective effects of metforminPatrice Faure
laboratoire d étude de la physiopatologie de l hypoxie HP2, Département de Biologie Intégrée, CHU, Hopital A Michallon, INSERM, ERI0017, 38042 Grenoble, France
Clin Sci (Lond) 114:251-6. 2008..Moreover, a significant protection of albumin was found in patients with T2DM treated with MET...
- Oxidative stress and metabolism at rest and during exercise in persons with Down syndromePatrice Flore
Grenoble 1 University Joseph Fourier UFRAPS and UFR Santé, IFR 1, Research on Exercise and Health Laboratory, South Hospital, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble Cedex, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:35-42. 2008..We hypothesized that metabolic syndrome or its markers, at rest and during exercise, are more pronounced in young adults with DS...