- Evaluation of quality of life in elderly healthy subjects after aerobic and/or mental trainingC Fabre
Laboratoire de Physiologie des Interactions, Hopital A de Villeneuve, Service EFR, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 05 France
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 28:9-22. 1999..Nevertheless, an improvement in quality of life was acknowledged after aerobic training for the physical component of functional life...
- Improvement of cognitive function by mental and/or individualized aerobic training in healthy elderly subjectsC Fabre
Laboratoire d Etudes de la Motricite Humaine, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
Int J Sports Med 23:415-21. 2002....
- Effectiveness of individualized aerobic training at the ventilatory threshold in the elderlyC Fabre
Laboratory of Interaction Physiology, Hopital A de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 52:B260-6. 1997..We conclude that for elderly people an individualized training program at the level of the ventilatory threshold is significantly more effective in terms of VO2max and submaximal cardiorespiratory adaptations...
- At identical isowork rates, ageing influences cardiorespiratory adaptations in COPD out-patientsC Fabre
Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Laboratoire d Etudes de la Motricité Humaine LEMH, EA 3608, Universite de Lille 2, 9 Rue de l Université, 59790 Ronchin, France
Respir Med 101:2305-11. 2007..To determine the extent to which younger COPD patients improve their cardiorespiratory function during exercise in comparison with older COPD patients, as a result of exercise training...
- Difference in breathing strategies during exercise between trained elderly men and womenF Deruelle
Laboratoire d Etudes de la Motricite Humaine, Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Universite de Lille 2, Ronchin, France
Scand J Med Sci Sports 18:213-20. 2008..A significantly higher EFL was measured in women, whereas men rather presented a dynamic hyperinflation. This specific breathing strategy measured in trained elderly women would induce lower ventilatory efficiency than in peer men...
- Optimal exercise intensity in trained elderly men and womenF Deruelle
Department of Sport Science, Laboratoire d Etudes de la Motricite Humaine, Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Ronchin, France
Int J Sports Med 28:612-6. 2007..An RPE score of 15 and/or 80 % HRr would appear to be good indexes in the prescription of exercise intensity at VT2...
- Effects of high intensity intermittent training on peak VO(2) in prepubertal childrenG Baquet
Laboratoire d Etudes de la Motricite Humaine, Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Universite de Lille 2, France
Int J Sports Med 23:439-44. 2002..These findings show that prepubescent children could significantly increase their peak VO(2) and maximal shuttle velocity with high intensity short intermittent aerobic exercises...
- Evidence of exercise-induced O2 arterial desaturation in non-elite sportsmen and sportswomen following high-intensity interval-trainingP Mucci
Laboratoire d Analyse Multidisciplinaire des Pratiques Sportives, UFR STAPS de Liévin Université d Artois, Chemin du Marquage, 62800 Lievin, France
Int J Sports Med 25:6-13. 2004....