- The impact of social work environment, teamwork characteristics, burnout, and personal factors upon intent to leave among European nursesMadeleine Estryn-Behar
Department of Occupational Health Hôtel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Med Care 45:939-50. 2007..This contribution aims to clarify whether and how social work environment, teamwork characteristics, burnout, and personal factors are associated with nurses' intent to leave (ITL)...
- [Participative ergonomics for adapting the working space to meet the needs of nursing staff]Madeleine Estryn-Behar
Unité Presst Next Sesmat, Epidémiologie Ergonomie, SCMT Hôtel Dieu, AP HP, Paris
Soins Pediatr Pueric . 2011..On the basis of these results, the Armand-Trousseau Hospital in Paris (AP-HP 75) has committed to a participative ergonomics approach at its paediatric emergency service...
- Longitudinal analysis of personal and work-related factors associated with turnover among nursesMadeleine Estryn-Behar
Occupational Health Physician, Department of Occupational Health, Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Nurs Res 59:166-77. 2010..Although many scholars have acknowledged the relationship between personal and work-related factors associated with job search and actual turnover, there is a lack of longitudinal designs that test this relationship empirically...
- Emergency physicians accumulate more stress factors than other physicians-results from the French SESMAT studyM Estryn-Behar
Department of Occupational Medicine, SCMT, Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Emerg Med J 28:397-410. 2011..France is facing a shortage of available physicians due to a greying population and the lack of a proportional increase in the formation of doctors. Emergency physicians are the medical system's first line of defence...
- Violence risks in nursing--results from the European 'NEXT' StudyMadeleine Estryn-Behar
Service Central de Médecine du Travail Hôpitaux Hôtel Dieu AP HP de Paris, Paris, France
Occup Med (Lond) 58:107-14. 2008..Recent research suggests that violence in health care is increasing and that it strongly influences the recruitment and retention of nurses as well as sick leave and burnout levels...
- Effects of extended work shifts on employee fatigue, health, satisfaction, work/family balance, and patient safetyMadeleine Estryn-Behar
Department of Occupational Health Hôtel Dieu, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France madeleine estrynbehar sap aphp fr
Work 41:4283-90. 2012..Work schedules must be organized in order to allow time for shift handover, social support and team building...