- Trends of Mortality and Causes of Death among HIV-infected Persons in Guadeloupe: 1988-2009N Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne, Andrée Rosemon, Rue des Flamboyants, BP 6006 97306 Cayenne Cedex, Guyane Francaise, E mail
West Indian Med J . 2015..These results suggested that increased screening efforts, particularly in marginalised populations could help with early diagnosis and better follow-up in order to reduce mortality among HIV-infected patients...
- Incidence and predictive factors of depression among patients with HIV infection in Guadeloupe: 1988-2009Narcisse Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne, French Guiana
Int J STD AIDS 25:559-63. 2014..Incidence of depression in this HIV cohort was high and the hazard function showed three peaks of depression (2, 7 and 12 years). Physicians should be vigilant to psychological distress throughout life with HIV. ..
- Pediatric bacterial meningitis in French GuianaN Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne Andrée Rosemon, Rue des Flamboyants, BP 6006, 97306 Cayenne Cedex, French Guiana Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 45:441-5. 2015..Our aim was to describe data related to pediatric bacterial meningitis in French Guiana and compare it with that of metropolitan France...
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia revealing de novo mutation causing X-linked hyper-IgM syndrome in an infant male. The first case reported from French GuianaNarcisse Elenga
Pediatric Unit, Andree Rosemon Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:528-30. 2012..The X-linked hyper-IgM (XHIM) syndrome is a rare form of primary immunodeficiency disorder characterized by hypogammaglobulinemia and impaired cell immunity...
- Predictive factors of antiretroviral treatment <4 weeks among HIV-infected pregnant women in Cayenne, French GuianaNarcisse Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne Cedex, French Guiana
AIDS Care 24:46-53. 2012..86, IC95% = 2.57-37.88, p= < 0.001), and drug use (OR = 6.27, IC95% = 1.26-31.13, p=0.025). These predictive factors should be considered in prevention programs against mother to child transmission of HIV...
- Severe neurologic complication after delayed hemolytic transfusion reaction in 2 children with sickle cell anemia: significant diagnosis and therapeutic challengesNarcisse Elenga
Institut d Hématologie et d Oncologie Pédiatrique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:928-30. 2008..The role of corticosteroids as possible precipitating factors of neurologic complications is discussed. Pending a better understanding of the chain of events of DHTR, SCD children with DHTR should receive steroids with great caution...
- [Zidovudine-associated mitochondriopathy: three possible observations in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire]N Elenga
Programme PACCI, CHU de Treichville, BP 2890, Abidjan 18, Cote d Ivoire
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 97:253-6. 2004..We conclude however that the anticipated benefits of PMTCT with antiretrovirals in Africa greatly outweigh the potential risks and should not lead to reconsider their public health interest..
- What is AIDS in Guadeloupe? A descriptive and comparative studyNarcisse Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne Andrée Rosemon, Rue des Flamboyants, French Guiana
Int J STD AIDS 25:261-6. 2014..We discuss the local pathogen ecology, the diagnostic limitations of hospitals in overseas territories and the drivers of the epidemic. ..
- The burden of Plasmodium vivax relapses in an Amerindian village in French GuianaMathieu Nacher
Centre d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique Antilles Guyane INSERM DGOS CIE 802, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne, Cayenne, French Guiana
Malar J 12:367. 2013..The obstacles to this are discussed and suggestions are made to reduce the burden of vivax malaria in Camopi and other remote health centres in French Guiana...
- The predictive value of a maculopapular rash in children hospitalized for dengue fever in Cayenne, French GuianaCelia Basurko
Centre d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique Antilles Guyane CIC EC CIE 802, Cayenne General Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 106:773-5. 2012..A rash was predictive of uncomplicated dengue: the HR of developing a severe form of disease was 0.43 (95% CI 0.21-0.88; p-value=0.021) for patients with rash...
- Pediatric viral human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA levels, timing of infection, and disease progression in African HIV-1-infected childrenFrancois Rouet
CeDReS, Programme PAC CI, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Pediatrics 112:e289. 2003..To describe plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA levels in African HIV-1-infected children in relation to the timing of infection and disease progression...
- Incidence and predictive factors of transaminase elevation in patients consulting for dengue fever in Cayenne Hospital, French GuianaFelix Djossou
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne, 97300 Cayenne, French Guiana Equipe d Accueil EA3593 Ecosystèmes Amazoniens et Pathologie Tropicale, Université de Guyane, 97300 Cayenne, French Guiana
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 110:134-40. 2016..The objective of the study was to determine the incidence of transaminase elevation during dengue, and its predictive factors...
- Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission: similar access for sub-Sahara African immigrants and for French women?Carine Jasseron
INSERM Unit 822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1503-11. 2008..To investigate whether mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) management and rate differed between African immigrants and French-born women delivering in France...
- Respiratory manifestations in HIV-infected children pre- and post-HAART in Abidjan, the Ivory CoastA Kouakoussui
Projet Enfant Yopougon, PACCI, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Paediatr Respir Rev 5:311-5. 2004..However, respiratory events still represented 40% of all events occurring following the start of HAART therapy...
- [HIV-1 infection in children in African countries]P Vaz
Service de Pediatrie, Hôpital Central de Maputo, Mozambique
Med Trop (Mars) 63:465-72. 2003....