- Genetic susceptibility and ischaemic strokeA Elbaz
INSERM Unité 360, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 12:47-55. 1999..This may have therapeutic and preventive implications...
- Familial aggregation of Parkinson's disease: a population-based case-control study in Europe. EUROPARKINSON Study GroupA Elbaz
INSERM U 360, Recherches Epidemiologiques en Neurologie et Psychopathologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurology 52:1876-82. 1999..To investigate the familial aggregation of PD in a large collaborative population-based case-control study...
- Parkinson's disease, smoking, and family history. EUROPARKINSON Study GroupA Elbaz
INSERM U 360, Recherches Epidemiologiques en Neurologie et Psychopathologie, H pital de la Salpêtrière, Paris, France
J Neurol 247:793-8. 2000..In conclusion, our findings suggest that smoking and family history interact synergistically on a multiplicative scale in determining the risk of PD in individuals older than 75 years...
- Association studies between haemochromatosis gene mutations and the risk of cardiovascular diseasesG Hetet
INSERM U409 and Association Claude Bernard, Paris, France, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 31:382-8. 2001..Positive association studies have been recently published between cardiovascular diseases and heterozygosity for the major mutation C282Y in the haemochromatosis gene HFE...
- Penetrance of Parkinson disease in glucocerebrosidase gene mutation carriersM Anheim
INSERM, U975, Paris, France
Neurology 78:417-20. 2012..Our objective was to estimate PD penetrance in a familial study of GBA mutation carriers...
- Common carotid artery intima-media thickness and brain infarction : the Etude du Profil Génétique de l'Infarctus Cérébral (GENIC) case-control study. The GENIC InvestigatorsP J Touboul
Department of Neurology, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Circulation 102:313-8. 2000..73; 95% confidence interval, 1.45 to 2.07). CONCLUSIONS-An increased CCA-IMT was associated with BI, both overall and in the main subtypes. An increased IMT may help select patients at high risk for BI...
- Hypokalemic periodic paralysis and the dihydropyridine receptor (CACNL1A3): genotype/phenotype correlations for two predominant mutations and evidence for the absence of a founder effect in 16 caucasian familiesA Elbaz
INSERM U134, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris
Am J Hum Genet 56:374-80. 1995....
- [Parkinson's disease: Is there a strong environmental contribution?]A Elbaz
INSERM, Unité 708, Service de Neuroépidémiologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:757-63. 2010..In this review, we will present current evidence by focusing on specific illustrative examples...