Affiliation: Ecole Polytechnique
- Blue light dose distribution and retinitis pigmentosa visual field defects: an hypothesisL Schwartz
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Med Hypotheses 60:644-9. 2003..These defects cannot, therefore, be explained by the impact of light on the retina. But some regional form of RP with a superior field defect can result from an abnormal genetically encoded sensitivity to ultraviolet and blue light...
- Growth and cellular differentiation: a physico-biochemical conundrum? The example of the handL Schwartz
Service de Radiotherapie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris Cedex, France
Med Hypotheses 61:45-51. 2003..To speak in more general terms, loss of cellular differentiation, as occurs with cancer, can result from a change in the physical-chemical environments...
- Cancer: the role of extracellular diseaseL Schwartz
Service de Radiotherapie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Med Hypotheses 58:340-6. 2002..It is possible that treatment targeted at tissue disruption would delay or reduce cancer incidence regardless of the precise biological mechanism of carcinogenesis...
- Cancer death statistics: analogy between epidemiology and critical systems in physicsM Filoche
Laboratoire de Physique de la Matiere Condensee, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau, France
Med Hypotheses 62:704-9. 2004....
- The basic-helix-loop-helix protein pod1 is critically important for kidney and lung organogenesisS E Quaggin
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Development 126:5771-83. 1999..Defects specific to later specialized cell types where Pod1 is expressed, such as the podocytes, were also observed, suggesting that this transcription factor may play multiple roles in kidney morphogenesis...
- The QUinapril Ischemic Event Trial (QUIET): evaluation of chronic ACE inhibitor therapy in patients with ischemic heart disease and preserved left ventricular functionB Pitt
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:1058-63. 2001..However, the absence of the demonstrable effect of quinapril may be due to several limitations in study design...
- Phase I study of hepatic arterial infusion of floxuridine and dexamethasone with systemic irinotecan for unresectable hepatic metastases from colorectal cancerN Kemeny
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2687-95. 2001..Although the main objective of this study was to evaluate the toxicity of the combined regimen, a high response rate (74%) was observed...
- Whose information is it anyway? Informing a 12-year-old patient of her terminal prognosisJ Goldie
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, Community Based Sciences, University of Glasgow, 1 Horselethill Road, Glasgow G12 9LX, UK
J Med Ethics 31:427-34. 2005..To examine students' attitudes and potential behaviour towards informing a 12-year-old patient of her terminal prognosis in a situation in which her parents do not wish her to be told, as they pass through a modern medical curriculum...
- A phase I study evaluating the safety and pharmacokinetics of weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin in relapsed ovarian cancerA L Leiser
Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Gynecologic Medical Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:379-86. 2007....