Affiliation: Ecole Polytechnique
- Investigation of the human ANP gene in type 1 diabetic nephropathy: case-control and follow-up studiesRonan Roussel
Diabetologie, Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Diabetes 53:1394-8. 2004..93, 95% CI 1.15-3.24; P = 0.012) was further confirmed by the haplotype analysis, suggesting that the 2238C allele of PND may affect the course of nephropathy in inadequately controlled type 1 diabetic patients...
- Hyperadiponectinemia is independent of kidney function, diabetes duration, and control in type 1 diabetic patients without microangiopathyCharbel Abi Khalil
Service de Diabétologie Endocrinologie Nutrition, Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 75877 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E485-7. 2011..We studied whether ADPN and its specific isoforms were elevated in T1D without microangiopathy and whether they were related to kidney function...
- Glutathione peroxidase-1 gene (GPX1) variants, oxidative stress and risk of kidney complications in people with type 1 diabetesKamel Mohammedi
INSERM, UMRS 1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006, Paris, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Bichat Hospital, DHU FIRE, Department of Diabetology, Endocrinology and Nutrition, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
Metabolism 65:12-9. 2016..We investigated associations of GPX1 genotypes with kidney complications, and with plasma concentrations of isoprostane and AOPP in type 1 diabetic patients...
- Kidney Dysfunction in Adult Offspring Exposed In Utero to Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated with Alterations in Genome-Wide DNA MethylationJean Francois Gautier
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, DHU FIRE, Lariboisiere Hospital, University Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France Clinical Investigation Center, INSERM CIC9504, Saint Louis University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France INSERM UMRS 1138, Cordeliers Research Center, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0134654. 2015..Fetal exposure to hyperglycemia impacts negatively kidney development and function...
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase, fatty liver index and hepatic insulin resistance are associated with incident hypertension in two longitudinal studiesFabrice Bonnet
aService Endocrinologie Diabétologie, CHU Rennes, Universite Rennes 1, Rennes bINSERM, Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health CESP, U1018 cUniversity Paris Sud, University Versailles Saint Quentin, UMRS 1018, Paris, France dClinical Physiology CNR, Cardiometabolic Risk Laboratory eDepartment of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy fINSERM U1138 gAP HP, Hopital Bichat, Diabetology Endocrinology Nutrition, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France hInstitute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK iIRSA, La Riche jINSERM, U991, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
J Hypertens . 2016..We hypothesized that liver markers and the fatty liver index (FLI) are predictive of incident hypertension and that hepatic insulin resistance plays a role...
- Type B insulin resistance syndrome associated with an immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in an HIV-infected womanKamel Mohammedi
Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service d endocrinologie, Diabetologie, et Nutrition, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E653-7. 2011..Type B insulin resistance syndrome is a rare condition characterized by the presence of autoantibodies directed against the insulin receptor. It has been reported in association with autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Lifestyle intervention enhances high-density lipoprotein function among patients with metabolic syndrome only at normal low-density lipoprotein cholesterol plasma levelsBoris Hansel
Departement d Endocrinologie, diabétologie et nutrition, DHU FIRE, Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France INSERM U1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Paris 7, Paris, France Electronic address
J Clin Lipidol 10:1172-81. 2016..Metabolic syndrome (MetS) is associated with altered lipoprotein metabolism and impairment in the functionality of small, dense high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles secondary to compositional alterations...
- Interaction between diabetes and a high ankle-brachial index on mortality riskLouis Potier
Diabetology, Hopital Bichat, and Département Hospitalo Universitaire FIRE, AP HP, Paris, France INSERM U1138, Research Center les Cordeliers, Paris, France Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
Eur J Prev Cardiol 22:615-21. 2015..Therefore, our aim was to compare mortality in individuals with and without diabetes according to abnormally low and high ABI...
- The evaluation of off-loading using a new removable oRTHOsis in DIABetic foot (ORTHODIAB) randomized controlled trial: study design and rationalKamel Mohammedi
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, DHU FIRE, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Foot Ankle Res 9:34. 2016..The evaluation of Off-loading using a new removable oRTHOsis in DIABetic foot (ORTHODIAB) trial aims to evaluate the efficacy of a new removable device "Orthèse Diabète" in the healing of diabetic foot...
- Antidepressant medication use and trajectories of fasting plasma glucose, glycated haemoglobin, β-cell function and insulin sensitivity: a 9-year longitudinal study of the D.E.S.I.R. cohortMarine Azevedo Da Silva
INSERM, U1018, Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, F 94807, Villejuif, France, University Paris Sud 11, UMRS 1018, F 94807 Villejuif, France
Int J Epidemiol 44:1927-40. 2015..We examined whether antidepressant use was associated with change in fasting plasma glucose, glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c), β-cell function (HOMA2-%B) and insulin sensitivity (HOMA2-%S) over time...
- Beta-cell function is associated with carotid intima-media thickness independently of insulin resistance in healthy individualsRonan Roussel
aINSERM, U1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers bUniversité Paris Diderot cDiabétologie, AP HP, Département Hospitalo Universitaire FIRE, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France dDepartment of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy eInserm U 1018, CESP, Team 5 EpReC, Renal and Cardiovascular Epidemiology, UVSQ UPS, Villejuif, France fDepartment of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark gInstituto de Investigación IdiPAZ, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain hSteno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark iInstitute of Biomedical Engineering, National Research Council, Padova, Italy jDiabetology Department, Southern Hospital, University Hospital, Rennes, France
J Hypertens 34:685-91. 2016..Our aim was to test this hypothesis in people without diabetes, taking into account the gold-standard measurement of insulin sensitivity, a major confounder in the relationship between insulin secretion and atherosclerosis...
- Fetal exposure to maternal type 1 diabetes is associated with renal dysfunction at adult ageCharbel Abi Khalil
Diabetes Department, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Diabetes 59:2631-6. 2010..We tested whether this observation translates into renal dysfunction in humans by studying renal functional reserve in adult offspring exposed in utero to maternal type 1 diabetes...
- Prognostic value of the insertion/deletion polymorphism of the ACE gene in type 2 diabetic subjects: results from the Non-insulin-dependent Diabetes, Hypertension, Microalbuminuria or Proteinuria, Cardiovascular Events, and Ramipril (DIABHYCAR), Diabete dSamy Hadjadj
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Poitiers, Endocrinology, Diabetology, Poitiers, France
Diabetes Care 31:1847-52. 2008..We tested whether determination of the ACE insertion/deletion polymorphism is useful for renal and cardiovascular prognoses of type 2 diabetic subjects...
- NMR-based prediction of cardiovascular risk in diabetesRonan Roussel
Nat Med 13:399-400. 2007
- Different patterns of insulin resistance in relatives of type 1 diabetic patients with retinopathy or nephropathy: the Genesis France-Belgium StudySamy Hadjadj
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Hospital, Poitiers, France
Diabetes Care 27:2661-8. 2004..We carried out a family-based study to determine which components of the insulin resistance syndrome are associated with diabetic retinopathy and nephropathy in type 1 diabetes...
- The N363S polymorphism in the glucocorticoid receptor gene is associated with overweight in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitusRonan Roussel
Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:237-41. 2003..Here, we investigated the impact of this variant on traits related to obesity and hyperglycaemia in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus...