Genomes and Genes
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Revising the definition of Alzheimer's disease: a new lexiconBruno Dubois
Pierre and Marie Curie University, Research Centre of the Institute of the Brain and Spinal Cord, UMR, AP HP, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital Group, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 9:1118-27. 2010..The cornerstone of this lexicon is to consider AD solely as a clinical and symptomatic entity that encompasses both predementia and dementia phases...
- Diagnostic procedures for Parkinson's disease dementia: recommendations from the movement disorder society task forceBruno Dubois
INSERM UPMC UMRS 610, Federation of Neurology, AP HP, Salpêtrière Hospital Université Paris6, Paris, France
Mov Disord 22:2314-24. 2007..We accept, however, that further validation of certain tests and modifications in the recommended cut off values will be required through future studies...
- Similar amyloid-β burden in posterior cortical atrophy and Alzheimer's diseaseLeonardo Cruz de Souza
Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, Research and Resource Memory Centre, Pavillon Jean Lhermitte, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Brain 134:2036-43. 2011....
- Cognition, behavior and the frontal lobesBruno Dubois
Int Psychogeriatr 16:379-87. 2004
- [Alzheimer's disease: therapeutic perspectives]Bruno Dubois
Centre des Maladies Cognitives et Comportementales et Inserm U 610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 192:333-42; discussion 343-4. 2008..Future treatments may be curative, acting specifically on the amyloid cascade. Secretase inhibitors and immunotherapy are in the pipeline. Trials will begin within a few months and will open up new perspectives...
- Donepezil decreases annual rate of hippocampal atrophy in suspected prodromal Alzheimer's diseaseBruno Dubois
institut de la mémoire et de la maladie d Alzheimer IM2A, Departement de Neurologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France INSERM, CNRS, UMR S975, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 11:1041-9. 2015..The purpose of this study was to study the effect of donepezil on the rate of hippocampal atrophy in prodromal Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Advancing research diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer's disease: the IWG-2 criteriaBruno Dubois
centre des maladies cognitives et comportementales, institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, AP HP, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France Electronic address
Lancet Neurol 13:614-29. 2014..This paper also elaborates on the specific diagnostic criteria for atypical forms of AD, for mixed AD, and for the preclinical states of AD. ..
- Alzheimer disease: from biomarkers to diagnosisB Dubois
Departement de Neurologie, ICM, UMR 975, UPCM hôpital de la Salpêtrière, institut de la mémoire et de la maladie d Alzheimer IM2A, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:744-51. 2013....
- Donepezil in Parkinson's disease dementia: a randomized, double-blind efficacy and safety studyBruno Dubois
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, UMR S975, France
Mov Disord 27:1230-8. 2012..Tolerability was consistent with the known safety profile of donepezil. © 2012 Movement Disorder Society...
- Effect of six months of treatment with V0191 in patients with suspected prodromal Alzheimer's diseaseBruno Dubois
Institute for Memory and Alzheimer s Disease, ICM, UMR S975, AP HP, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital Group, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 29:527-35. 2012..Lessons learned in AD study design optimization, including those presented in this paper, could be valuable for further investigation with pro-cholinergic drugs such as V0191...
- [Update on Alzheimer's disease]B Dubois
INSERM U610, centre des maladies cognitives et comportementales, Hopital La Salpetriere, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Ann Pharm Fr 67:116-26. 2009..These early onset forms raise difficult diagnostic problems since these patients' problems are often mistakenly thought to arise from psychiatric disorders and treated as such in institutions inadapted to the patients' conditions...
- Early detection of Alzheimer's disease: new diagnostic criteriaBruno Dubois
INSERM UPMC UMRS 975, Federation of Neurology, APHP, Salpetriere Hospital, University Paris 6, Paris, France
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 11:135-9. 2009..Accordingly, new criteria for the diagnosis have been proposed that capture both the prodromal and the more advanced dementia stages of the disease in the same diagnostic framework...
- Research criteria for the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease: revising the NINCDS-ADRDA criteriaBruno Dubois
INSERM U610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 6:734-46. 2007..Validation studies in existing and prospective cohorts are needed to advance these criteria and optimise their sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy...
- Visuospatial deficits and hemispheric perfusion asymmetries in posterior cortical atrophyKatia Andrade
INSERM UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, Paris, France
Cortex 49:940-7. 2013..Overall, the results indicate that spatial neglect in PCA is related to inter-hemispheric perfusion asymmetries in fronto-parietal networks, with partially different neural correlates for line bisection and target cancellation...
- Phenotype variability in progranulin mutation carriers: a clinical, neuropsychological, imaging and genetic studyIsabelle Le Ber
1INSERM, UMR_S679 Neurologie and Thérapeutique Expérimentale, F 75013, Paris, France
Brain 131:732-46. 2008..Since all the mutations cause a progranulin haploinsufficiency, additional factors probably explain the variable clinical presentation of the disease...
- Multidimensional classification of hippocampal shape features discriminates Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment from normal agingEmilie Gerardin
UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR 7225, UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle CRICM, Paris, France
Neuroimage 47:1476-86. 2009..This new method may become a useful tool to assist in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease...
- Neural correlates of cognitive impairment in posterior cortical atrophyAurélie Kas
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, GH Pitié Salpétrière, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Brain 134:1464-78. 2011....
- Is hippocampal volume a good marker to differentiate Alzheimer's disease from frontotemporal dementia?Leonardo Cruz de Souza
CRicm, UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UMR S 678, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 36:57-66. 2013..However, these studies did not include patients selected according to clinico-biological criteria, using pathophysiological biomarkers...
- CSF tau markers are correlated with hippocampal volume in Alzheimer's diseaseLeonardo C de Souza
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de Moelle épinière, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 33:1253-7. 2012..The CSF tau and P-tau levels, but not the CSF Aβ(42) level, correlated with HV, suggesting that CSF tau markers reflect the neuronal loss associated with the physiopathological process of AD...
- The functional architecture of the left posterior and lateral prefrontal cortex in humansEmmanuelle Volle
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U610, Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 18:2460-9. 2008....
- Support vector machine-based classification of Alzheimer's disease from whole-brain anatomical MRIBenoît Magnin
UMR S 678, INSERM, Paris, France
Neuroradiology 51:73-83. 2009....
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in the differential diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease from other cortical dementiasLeonardo Cruz de Souza
CRicm, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:240-6. 2011..Additionally, biomarkers may be useful for identifying patients with atypical phenotypic presentations of AD, such as posterior cortical atrophy (PCA) and primary progressive non-fluent or logopenic aphasia (PNFLA)...
- A critical role for the hippocampus in the valuation of imagined outcomesMaël Lebreton
Motivation, Brain and Behavior MBB Team, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Paris, France Service de neuroradiologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Centre de NeuroImagerie de Recherche CENIR, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Paris, France INSERM UMRS 975, CNRS UMR 7225, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS Biol 11:e1001684. 2013..We conclude that hippocampus-mediated simulation plays a critical role in providing the motivation to pursue goals that are not present to our senses. ..
- Working memory in Parkinson's disease patients: clinical features and response to levodopaRogério Beato
INSERM U610, Groupe Hospitalier de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 66:147-51. 2008..To evaluate the clinical features of the working memory (WM) in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients and to test the effect of levodopa on WM...
- Visuospatial deficits in posterior cortical atrophy: structural and functional correlatesKatia Andrade
INSERM UMR_S 975, Centrede Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:860-3. 2012..To determine the neural substrates of biased spatial orienting in posterior cortical atrophy (PCA) by using a combined structural and functional neuroimaging approach...
- Get aroused and be stronger: emotional facilitation of physical effort in the human brainLiane Schmidt
Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, INSERM UMRS 975, Paris, France
J Neurosci 29:9450-7. 2009..We suggest that this region, by driving the motor cortex, constitutes a brain pathway that allows emotional arousal to facilitate physical effort...
- The amnestic syndrome of hippocampal type in Alzheimer's disease: an MRI studyMarie Sarazin
CRICM UPMC Inserm UMR 975 Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 22:285-94. 2010..In AD, the FCSRT may be considered as a useful clinical marker of memory disorders due to medial temporal damage, specially the CA1 field of the hippocampus...
- Visualization of disconnection syndromes in humansMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 44:1097-103. 2008..This method will help researchers and clinicians to identify the neural bases of cognitive abilities and the behavioral consequences of brain lesions...
- Neural dynamics of neglected targets in patients with right hemisphere damageFederica Rastelli
Inserm U975 UPMC Paris 6, UMR_S 975 CNRS UMR 7225, Brain and Spine Institute, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 49:1989-96. 2013..Furthermore, our data suggest that prefrontal activity is not necessarily beneficial to target detection, but can be detrimental to it...
- Social Cognition and Emotional Assessment (SEA) is a marker of medial and orbital frontal functions: a voxel-based morphometry study in behavioral variant of frontotemporal degenerationMaxime Bertoux
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Sorbonne Université, Paris 6, Paris, France
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 18:972-85. 2012..2012). Taken together, these results suggest a differential involvement of orbital and medial prefrontal subregions in SEA subscores and support the use of the SEA to evaluate the integrity of these regions in the early stages of bvFTD...
- A novel approach to clinical-radiological correlations: Anatomo-Clinical Overlapping Maps (AnaCOM): method and validationSerge Kinkingnehun
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Neuroimage 37:1237-49. 2007..The method complements the functional imaging techniques, as it tells which regions are necessary for a given function and it explores cortical regions as well as the white matter...
- Distinct patterns of antiamyloid-β antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer diseaseGuillaume Dorothee
INSERM, UMRS938, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 69:1181-5. 2012..To compare serum antiamyloid-β (Aβ) antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Neural correlates of primary and reflective consciousness of spatial orientingPaolo Bartolomeo
INSERM UPMC UMR S 610, Hopital Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 46:348-61. 2008..The extensive pattern of connectivity of the ACC is ideally suited to integrate the activity of the large neural assemblies necessary for reflective consciousness to emerge...
- The SEA (Social cognition and Emotional Assessment): a clinical neuropsychological tool for early diagnosis of frontal variant of frontotemporal lobar degenerationAurélie Funkiewiez
INSERM UPMC UMRS 975, Federation de Neurologie, AP HP Hôpital de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Paris, France
Neuropsychology 26:81-90. 2012..Here, we propose a new tool, the SEA (Social cognition and Emotional Assessment), for use in evaluating the functions of the orbital and ventral-medial portions of the prefrontal cortex...
- Brain perfusion SPECT with an automated quantitative tool can identify prodromal Alzheimer's disease among patients with mild cognitive impairmentMarie Odile Habert
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, INSERM, UMR S 678, Paris, F 75013, France
Neurobiol Aging 32:15-23. 2011..e., prodromal AD, by an automated quantitative tool combining brain perfusion single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) images and memory tests scores in order to be applied in clinical practice...
- Confabulation in Alzheimer's disease: poor encoding and retrieval of over-learned informationEve Attali
INSERM Unit 610, Pavillon Claude Bernard, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47, Bd de l Hopital, Paris, France
Brain 132:204-12. 2009..g. Little Red Riding Hood is eaten by the wolf). This is the first experimental evidence showing that poor encoding and over-learned information are involved in confabulation in Alzheimer's disease...
- Functions of the left superior frontal gyrus in humans: a lesion studyFoucaud du Boisgueheneuc
Federation de Neurologie, Paris, France
Brain 129:3315-28. 2006..From a clinical perspective, this study provides new information on the impact of left SFG lesions on cognition that will be of use to neurologists and neurosurgeons...
- The Brain Network of Naming: A Lesson from Primary Progressive AphasiaRaffaella Migliaccio
institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière, UMR INSERM CNRS UPMC 1127, Frontlab, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0148707. 2016....
- Sensitivity and specificity of ventromedial prefrontal cortex tests in behavioral variant frontotemporal dementiaMaxime Bertoux
Sorbonne Université Paris 6, Paris, France Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière, UMRS 975, Paris, France Institut de la Mémoire et de la Maladie d Alzheimer IMMA, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France Reference Centre on Rare Dementias, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 9:S84-94. 2013..To date, however, there is no consensus regarding which tests are most sensitive and specific to assess VMPFC dysfunction in this condition...
- Poor creativity in frontotemporal dementia: a window into the neural bases of the creative mindLeonardo Cruz de Souza
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 48:3733-42. 2010..Damage to the PFC is expected to impair creativity. Yet, previous works suggested the emergence of artistic talent in patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD), which was interpreted as increased creativity...
- Demographic, neurological and behavioural characteristics and brain perfusion SPECT in frontal variant of frontotemporal dementiaIsabelle Le Ber
AP HP, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Centre de Neuropsychologie UPMC, Paris, France
Brain 129:3051-65. 2006..Finally, it demonstrates the prognostic value of brainstem hypoperfusion in a subgroup of patients with a short survival...
- An effect of dopamine depletion on decision-making: the temporal coupling of deliberation and executionMathias Pessiglione
Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Cogn Neurosci 17:1886-96. 2005..We suggest that such coupling may be related to the loss of dopamine-mediated functional segregation between basal ganglia circuits processing different stages of goal-directed behavior...
- Disconnecting force from money: effects of basal ganglia damage on incentive motivationLiane Schmidt
Laboratoire INSERM U610, Institut Fédératif de Recherches en Neurosciences, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Site Pitié Salpêtrière, F 75013 Paris, France
Brain 131:1303-10. 2008..We conclude that bilateral striato-pallidal damage specifically disconnects motor output from affective evaluation of potential rewards...
- Temporal order memory assessed during spatiotemporal navigation as a behavioral cognitive marker for differential Alzheimer's disease diagnosisVirginie Bellassen
Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 University, Navigation, Memory and Aging team, Equipe Navigation Memoire et Vieillissement team, UMR7102, CNRS, F75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 32:1942-52. 2012..As a conclusion, our results suggest that temporal order memory tested in a spatial navigation task may provide a selective behavioral marker of Alzheimer's disease...
- Why do patients with neurodegenerative frontal syndrome fail to answer: 'In what way are an orange and a banana alike?'Julien Lagarde
1 Neurology of Memory and Language Unit, Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, 75014, Paris, France 2 INSERM, UMR_S1127, ICM, F 75013, Paris, France
Brain 138:456-71. 2015..In addition, it can be divided into two distinct cognitive processes, which are underlain by two partially different neural networks. ..
- Deciphering logopenic primary progressive aphasia: a clinical, imaging and biomarker investigationMarc Teichmann
1 Department of Neurology, centre de référence Démences Rares, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Brain 136:3474-88. 2013..The present data therefore provide novel insight into the cognition and brain damage of logopenic patients while unveiling the existence of distinct diseases constituting a 'logopenic aphasia complex'. ..
- C9ORF72 repeat expansions in the frontotemporal dementias spectrum of diseases: a flow-chart for genetic testingIsabelle Le Ber
CRicm UMRS975, Paris, France AP HP, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Centre de Référence des Démences Rares, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 34:485-99. 2013..Penetrance was age- and gender-dependent: by age 50, 78% of male carriers were symptomatic, but only 52% of females. This can also guide genetic testing and counseling. A flowchart for genetic testing is thus proposed...
- Can we still dream when the mind is blank? Sleep and dream mentations in auto-activation deficitSmaranda Leu-Semenescu
1 Sleep Disorders Unit, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, AP HP, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
Brain 136:3076-84. 2013..The absence of sleep spindles in localized lesions in the basal ganglia highlights the role of the pallidum and striatum in spindling activity during non-REM sleep. ..
- Brain networks in posterior cortical atrophy: a single case tractography study and literature reviewRaffaella Migliaccio
INSERM UPMC UMRS 975, CR Icm, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 48:1298-309. 2012..These data suggest that selective visuo-spatial deficits typical of PCA might not result from cortical damage alone, but by a right-lateralized network-level dysfunction including WM damage along the major visual pathways...
- Similar or different? The role of the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex in similarity detectionBeatrice Garcin
CR ICM UPMC, Inserm UMR_S 975 CNRS UMR 7225, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e34164. 2012....
- Cognitive control and brain resources in major depression: an fMRI study using the n-back taskPhilippe Olivier Harvey
INSERM U610, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France Service de Psychiatrie d Adultes, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neuroimage 26:860-9. 2005..Our findings suggest that depression may impair the cognitive capacity of depressed patients by recruiting more brain resources than controls during cognitive control...
- Visual neglect in posterior cortical atrophyKatia Andrade
INSERM UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de Moelle épinière, Cognition, neuro imagerie et maladies du cerveau, Paris, France
BMC Neurol 10:68. 2010..In this prospective study, we aimed at establishing the side, the frequency and the severity of visual neglect, visual extinction, and primary visual field defects in an unselected sample of PCA patients...
- Effects of internal clock and memory disorders on duration reproductions and duration productions in patients with Parkinson's diseaseSeverine Perbal
Unité de Neurosciences Cognitives et Imagerie Cérébrale, CNRS UPR 640, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Brain Cogn 58:35-48. 2005..The whole results indicate that dopamine administration in patients might have overshadowed the slowing rate of the internal clock usually reported in non medicated PD patients, without entirely restoring all of the memory functions...
- Brain hemispheres selectively track the expected value of contralateral optionsStefano Palminteri
Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle èpinière CR ICM, INSERM UMR 975, Paris, France
J Neurosci 29:13465-72. 2009..We therefore suggest that expected values are represented in a distributed manner that respects the topography of the brain systems elicited by the available options...
- Defining the spectrum of frontotemporal dementias associated with TARDBP mutationsPaola Caroppo
Sorbonne Universités P Caroppo, A C, L G N, M T, S L, S M, B D, A B, I L B, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR S 1127, France Inserm P Caroppo, A C, L G N, M T, S L, S M, B D, A B, I L B, U 1127, Paris, France CNRS P Caroppo, A C, L G N, S L, S M, B D, A B, I L B, UMR 7225, Paris, France ICM P Caroppo, Canada
Neurol Genet 2:e80. 2016..We describe the largest series of patients with TARDBP mutations presenting with frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and review the cases in the literature to precisely characterize FTD diseases associated with this genotype...
- Functional Connectivity of Ventral and Dorsal Visual Streams in Posterior Cortical AtrophyRaffaella Migliaccio
Inserm U 1127, CNRS UMR 7225, Sorbonne Universités, and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 1127, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, F 75013 Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 51:1119-30. 2016..Posterior cortical atrophy (PCA) induces progressive dysfunction of ventral and dorsal visual networks. Little is known, however, about corresponding changes in functional connectivity (FC)...
- Posterior cortical atrophy as an extreme phenotype of GRN mutationsPaola Caroppo
Sorbonne Universités, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris 06, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR S 1127, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Paris, France2Institut National de la Santé et de la Récherche Médicale, U 1127, Paris
JAMA Neurol 72:224-8. 2015..Mutations of the GRN gene are responsible for a large phenotypic spectrum, but, to our knowledge, the association of PCA with GRN mutations has never been described...
- TARDBP mutations in motoneuron disease with frontotemporal lobar degenerationLina Benajiba
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UMRS975 CRicm formerly INSERM UMR_S679, F 75013, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 65:470-3. 2009..We now describe TARDBP mutations in two patients with FTLD-MND, presenting with a behavioral variant of FTLD and semantic dementia, suggesting that TDP-43 may also have a direct pathogenic role in FTLD disorders...
- Distinct brain perfusion pattern associated with CSF biomarkers profile in primary progressive aphasiaAurélie Kas
Alzheimerb s Institute, AP HP, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:695-8. 2012..Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) was used to investigate brain hypoperfusion differences among PPA subtypes according to their CSF AD profiles...
- Fronto-temporal lobar degeneration: neuropathology in 60 casesDanielle Seilhean
Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Inserm UMR_S975, CNRS UMR7225, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP and UPMC Sorbonne Universités, Paris, France
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 118:753-64. 2011..The prevalence of the different types of FTD is tightly linked to the recruitment. This series was enriched in motor neuron disease (explaining the overall predominance of type 2 TDP inclusions)...
- Intrusions in story recall: when over-learned information interferes with episodic memory recall. Evidence from Alzheimer's diseaseFrancesca De Anna
INSERM Unit 610, Paris, France
Cortex 44:305-11. 2008..We suggest that in AD patients intrusions may be traced back to the interference of strongly represented, over-learned information in episodic memory recall...
- Sulcal morphology as a new imaging marker for the diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's diseaseLorraine Hamelin
Department of Neurology of Memory and Language, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR S894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière, ICM, Paris, France Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 36:2932-9. 2015..In contrast, in older patients, the risk of over-diagnosis from using only sulcal enlargement is important. ..
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease: Definition, natural history, and diagnostic criteriaBruno Dubois
Institute of Memory and Alzheimer s Disease IM2A and Brain and Spine Institute ICM UMR S 1127 Frontlab, Department of Neurology, AP_HP, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Sorbonne Universities, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris 06, Paris, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 12:292-323. 2016..This article is aimed at addressing all the different issues by providing for each of them an updated review of the literature and evidence, with practical recommendations. ..
- Prediction of Alzheimer's Disease Dementia: Data from the GuidAge Prevention TrialFrancesca Di Stefano
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Departement de Neurologie, institut de la mémoire et de la maladie d Alzheimer, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 48:793-804. 2015..776 and the optimal cut-off was 42 (se 62.5% , sp 82.26% , PPV 23.20% and NPV 96.24%). This study sets the framework for implementing the FCSRT in clinical and therapeutic trials for efficient subject selection. ..
- Discrimination between Alzheimer disease, mild cognitive impairment, and normal aging by using automated segmentation of the hippocampusOlivier Colliot
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR640 LENA, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Radiology 248:194-201. 2008....
- Progranulin null mutations in both sporadic and familial frontotemporal dementiaIsabelle Le Ber
INSERM, UMR679, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 28:846-55. 2007..Taking this into account, genetic testing should be now considered more systematically, even in patients without obvious familial history of FTD...
- Subtle cognitive impairment but no dementia in patients with spastin mutationsChantal M E Tallaksen
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 289, Federation de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Neurol 60:1113-8. 2003..Mutations of the SPG4 gene have been increasingly associated with reports of cognitive impairment...
- Social Cognition and Emotional Assessment differentiates frontotemporal dementia from depressionMaxime Bertoux
Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:411-6. 2012..Its diagnosis remains a clinical challenge, and depression is one of the main causes of misdiagnoses due to the prevalence of apathy in bvFTD...
- Frontal assessment battery and differential diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer diseaseAndrea Slachevsky
Institut National de la Santé et de la Récherche Médicale E 007 and Fédération de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 61:1104-7. 2004..The Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB) has previously been validated in diseases associated with a frontal lobe dysfunction...
- CHMP2B mutations are rare in French families with frontotemporal lobar degenerationMustapha Ghanim
CRicm INSERM UMRS_975, 75013, Paris, France
J Neurol 257:2032-6. 2010..The previously reported C-truncating CHMP2B mutations may be private to the Danish and Belgian pedigrees...
- Apathy and the functional anatomy of the prefrontal cortex-basal ganglia circuitsRichard Levy
Fédération de Neurologie and INSERM U610, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 16:916-28. 2006..In both situations (direct basal ganglia lesions and nigro-striatal dopaminergic loss), the capacity of the frontal cortex to select, initiate, maintain and shift programs of actions is impaired...
- Apathy following subthalamic stimulation in Parkinson disease: a dopamine responsive symptomVirginie Czernecki
Center d Investigation Clinique, Federation de Neurologie, INSERM Unit 679, Paris, France
Mov Disord 23:964-9. 2008....
- Clinical and research diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Sarazin
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Neuroimaging Clin N Am 22:23-32,viii. 2012..The core clinical criteria continue to be the cornerstone of the diagnosis in clinical practice, but biomarker evidence is expected to enhance the specificity for the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease...
- Neuroimaging in dementiasLeonardo Cruz de Souza
Alzheimer and Memory Institute Research and Resource Memory Centre, AP HP, Paris, France
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:473-9. 2012..To critically review data on the use of neuroimaging tools in the clinical diagnostic investigation of dementias...
- How cognitive performance-induced stress can influence right VLPFC activation: an fMRI study in healthy subjects and in patients with social phobiaLejla Koric
INSERM U610, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 33:1973-86. 2012..In patients, the differential modulation between these dorsal and ventral PFC regions disappears. This absence of modulation may limit anxious patients' ability to adapt to demanding cognitive control tasks...
- FUS mutations in frontotemporal lobar degeneration with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisOriane Broustal
CRicm INSERM UMRS_975, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 22:765-9. 2010..Although the frequency of mutations is low, our study enlarges the phenotypes associated with FUS mutations and shows that FUS could also play a direct pathogenic role in FTLD spectrum of diseases...
- Are frontal cognitive and atrophy patterns different in PSP and bvFTD? A comparative neuropsychological and VBM studyJulien Lagarde
Department of Neurology, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France INSERM, UMR 975, CNRS, UMR 7225, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e80353. 2013..However, executive dysfunction in these diseases may stem from partially divergent cortical and subcortical neural circuits. ..
- Distinct striatal regions support movement selection, preparation and executionEmmanuel Gerardin
Inserm U610 2Inserm U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuroreport 15:2327-31. 2004..These results suggest that these three aspects of movement are represented within distinct basal ganglia regions...
- Is the saitohin gene involved in neurodegenerative diseases?Patrice Verpillat
INSERM U535, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, University Hospital Bichat, University Paris, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 52:829-32. 2002..Thus, the saitohin Q allele, which is a novel determinant of the tau H1 haplotypes, might represent a causative factor involved in the determinism of several tauopathies...
- Metabolic correlates of behavioral and affective disturbances in frontal lobe pathologiesMarie Sarazin
Inserm E 007 and Federation of Neurology, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Neurol 250:827-33. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the metabolic correlates of these deficits in a group of non-selected consecutive patients with frontal lobe lesions...
- Brain perfusion SPECT correlates with CSF biomarkers in Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Odile Habert
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, INSERM, UMR S 678, 75013, Paris, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:589-93. 2010....
- Dopamine and cognitive functionBernard Pillon
INSERM EMI 007 and Fédération de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 16:S17-22. 2003..Although the cognitive deficits of idiopathic Parkinson's disease are now relatively well known, their neuropsychological and neurobiological basis are still discussed...
- [A guide to diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease]Marie Sarazin
Centre de mémoire de ressource et de recherche d Ile de France, centre de neuropsychologie et du langage et unité Inserm U 610, Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, groupe hospitalier La Pitié La Salpêtrière, 75651 Paris
Rev Prat 55:1879-90. 2005..Standard biological parameters are normal. According to the context of occurrences of the disease or to the existence of atypical clinical or radiological changes, additional investigations can be proposed...
- Direct evidence for a parietal-frontal pathway subserving spatial awareness in humansMichel Thiebaut de Schotten
INSERM Unit 610, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
Science 309:2226-8. 2005..These findings suggest that parietal-frontal communication is necessary for the symmetrical processing of the visual scene...
- Clinical investigations in primary careLeonardo Cruz de Souza
Research and Resource Memory Centre, INSERM UMR S 610, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 06, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Front Neurol Neurosci 24:1-11. 2009..Other medical, neurological, or psychiatric disorders which could account for the impairment in memory and related symptoms must be always investigated...
- Procedural learning and striatofrontal dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseMarie Sarazin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale E 007, Paris, France
Mov Disord 17:265-73. 2002..These results confirm the involvement of striatofrontal circuits in procedural learning and indicate that the intervention of the frontal network may depend on the characteristics of the task...
- Amnestic MCI or prodromal Alzheimer's disease?Bruno Dubois
Fédération de Neurologie and Inserm E007, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 3:246-8. 2004..Accordingly, this paper proposes diagnostic criteria for "prodromal AD"...
- Behavioral changes in patients with focal lesions of the basal gangliaBruno Dubois
INSERM U 610 and Federation de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Adv Neurol 96:17-25. 2005
- Apolipoprotein E gene in frontotemporal dementia: an association study and meta-analysisPatrice Verpillat
INSERM U535, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France, and Département d EpidAmiologie, de Biostatistique et de Recherche Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, AP HP Université Paris VII, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 10:399-405. 2002..If this finding was confirmed, it could provide new insights into the mechanisms of differential risk related to APOE in neurodegenerative diseases...
- [An anatomofunctional brain database]Bénédicte Batrancourt
INSERM E 007, Centre de Neuropsychologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47, Bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris, France
C R Biol 325:439-55. 2002..A direct application would be the improvement of cognitive and/or behavioural rehabilitation of patients with brain damage...
- Deficit of verb generation in nondemented patients with Parkinson's diseasePatrice Peran
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 455, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Purpan, Toulouse, France
Mov Disord 18:150-6. 2003..The specific deficit for verb production in PD patients is discussed in relation to deficits affecting either action or grammatical representations...
- Relationship between attentional performance and corpus callosum morphometry in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseAgnès A Dorion
Laboratoire de Développement Normal et Troublé, Universite Paul Valery, route de Mende, 34199 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Neuropsychologia 40:946-56. 2002..Moreover, these patients with probable AD seem heterogeneous for performances in the attentional test of the CANTAB and for callosal atrophies...
- Screening for Alzheimer's disease with the short cognitive evaluation batteryPhilippe H Robert
Centre Mémoire, Unité d Evaluation des Cognitions, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 15:92-8. 2003..Furthermore, in combination with clinical evaluation, the SCEB could improve the specificity of the difficult discrimination between mild AD and depression...
- [Frontotemporal dementia]Isabelle Le Ber
INSERM U679, Neurology and Experimental Therapeutics, Paris 75
Presse Med 36:1477-84. 2007..The genetic component is important: 30-50% of patients have a family history of this disease. Cholinergic effects are not associated with frontotemporal dementia and therefore anticholinesterase treatment is not indicated...
- Clinical diagnostic criteria for dementia associated with Parkinson's diseaseMurat Emre
Department of Neurology, Behavioral Neurology and Movement Disorders Unit, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Mov Disord 22:1689-707; quiz 1837. 2007..Based on the characteristic features associated with this condition, clinical diagnostic criteria for probable and possible PD-D are proposed...
- Dementia with Lewy bodiesIan McKeith
Institute for Ageing and Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Lancet Neurol 3:19-28. 2004..Clear guidance on the management of DLB is urgently needed. Virtually unrecognised 20 years ago, DLB could within this decade be one of the most treatable neurodegenerative disorders of late life...
- Depressive symptoms in Alzheimer's disease: natural course and temporal relation to function and cognitive statusRoee Holtzer
Cognitive Neuroscience Division, Taub Institute, G H Gertrude Sergievsky Center and Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:2083-9. 2005..To examine the natural course of depressive symptoms in patients with probable Alzheimer's disease (AD), specifically, the temporal relationship between depressive symptoms, function, and cognitive status...
- Neuropsychological performance in mild cognitive impairment with and without apathyPhilippe H Robert
Centre Memoire de Ressources et de Recherche, CHU de Nice, INSERM JE 2441, Nice, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 21:192-7. 2006..To investigate the neuropsychological characteristics of patients diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) with and without apathy...
- Association between the extended tau haplotype and frontotemporal dementiaPatrice Verpillat
Département d Epidémiologie, de Biostatistique, et de Recherche Clinique, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Arch Neurol 59:935-9. 2002..In FTD, the pathological accumulation of the microtubule-associated protein tau suggests that the tau gene may be a genetic risk factor for this disorder...
- A risk for early-onset Alzheimer's disease associated with the APBB1 gene (FE65) intron 13 polymorphismEmmanuelle Cousin
Aventis Pharma, Evry Genetics Center and Neurodegenerative Disease Group, Paris Research Center, 13 quai Jules Guesde, 94400, Vitry sur Seine, France
Neurosci Lett 342:5-8. 2003..47, 95% confidence interval=1.05-2.04). Stratification by age showed that the risk effect associated with the deletion concerned subjects aged less than 65 years...
- No replication of the association between the Nicastrin gene and familial early-onset Alzheimer's diseaseEmmanuelle Cousin
Aventis Pharma, Evry Genetics Center and Neurodegenerative Disease Group, Paris Research Center, 13 quai Jules Guesde, 94400 Vitry sur Seine, France
Neurosci Lett 353:153-5. 2003....