Marie Hélène Dizier
- Impact of the diagnosis definition on linkage detectionMarie Hélène Dizier
Hopital Paul Brousse, Bâtiment Leriche, B P 1000, 94817 Villejuif Cedex, France
BMC Genet 6:S140. 2005..A genetic factor located on the chromosome 1 may have been detected here which would be involved specifically in traits a and b or in a combination of these traits...
- Indication of linkage and genetic heterogeneity for asthma and atopy on chromosomes 8p and 12q in 107 French EGEA familiesM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Villejuif, France
Eur J Hum Genet 11:590-6. 2003..Provided the small distance between the two markers on either 8p (16 cM) or 12q (21 cM), it is unclear whether one or two genetic factors are involved in either region...
- Genome screen in the French EGEA study: detection of linked regions shared or not shared by allergic rhinitis and asthmaM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Hopital Paul Brousse, Bâtiment Leriche, Villejuif Cedex, France
Genes Immun 6:95-102. 2005..While 1p31 may contain a genetic determinant common to asthma and AR, 2q32, 3p24-p14, 9p22 and 9q22-q34 are more likely to harbor genetic factors specific to AR...
- Evidence for a locus in 1p31 region specifically linked to the co-morbidity of asthma and allergic rhinitis in the EGEA studyMarie Hélène Dizier
INSERM, U535, Villejuif, France
Hum Hered 63:162-7. 2007..The goal of the present study was to assess formally whether 1p31 is a linkage region shared by two different diseases, asthma and AR, or whether it is specific to the co-morbidity asthma plus AR...
- Evidence for gene x smoking exposure interactions in a genome-wide linkage screen of asthma and bronchial hyper-responsiveness in EGEA familiesMarie Hélène Dizier
INSERM, U535, Villejuif, France
Eur J Hum Genet 15:810-5. 2007..Our results also showed evidence for G x ETS interactions underlying BHR in all four regions detected by PST...
- Evidence for a pleiotropic QTL on chromosome 5q13 influencing both time to asthma onset and asthma score in French EGEA familiesEmmanuelle Bouzigon
INSERM, U794, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses de l Agora, 91034 Evry, France
Hum Genet 121:711-9. 2007..Use of quantitative phenotypes of variable disease expression and suitable statistical methodology can improve the power to detect new regions harboring genes which may play an important role in onset and course of disease...
- Epidemiologic study of the genetics and environment of asthma, bronchial hyperresponsiveness, and atopyFrancine Kauffmann
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U472, Villejuif, France
Chest 121:27S. 2002
- The ANO3/MUC15 locus is associated with eczema in families ascertained through asthmaMarie Hélène Dizier
Genetic Variation and Human Diseases Unit, INSERM, U946, Paris, France Université Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:1547-53.e3. 2012..A previous genome-wide linkage scan in 295 families of the French Epidemiological Study on the Genetics and Environment of Asthma (EGEA) reported strong evidence of linkage of 11p14 to eczema...
- Meta-analysis of 20 genome-wide linkage studies evidenced new regions linked to asthma and atopyEmmanuelle Bouzigon
INSERM, U946, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 18:700-6. 2010....
- European collaborative study of early-onset bipolar disorder: Evidence for genetic heterogeneity on 2q14 according to age at onsetFlavie Mathieu
INSERM, U 955, IMRB, Department of Medical Genetics, Psychiatry Genetics, Creteil, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1425-33. 2010..Our findings illustrate that stratification according to AAO may be valuable for the identification of genetic vulnerability polymorphisms. © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Evidence for linkage of a new region (11p14) to eczema and allergic diseasesMichel Guilloud-Bataille
INSERM U535, Hopital Paul Brousse, Bâtiment Leriche, B P 1000, 94817, Villejuif Cedex, France
Hum Genet 122:605-14. 2008..Further investigations in this region will allow identifying genetic factor(s) which could have pleiotropic effect in the three allergic diseases...
- DNA methylation within melatonin receptor 1A (MTNR1A) mediates paternally transmitted genetic variant effect on asthma plus rhinitisChloé Sarnowski
INSERM, UMR946, Genetic Variation and Human Diseases Unit, Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 138:748-53. 2016..Asthma and allergic rhinitis (AR) are common allergic comorbidities with a strong genetic component in which epigenetic mechanisms might be involved...
- Comparative power of family-based association strategies to detect disease-causing variants under two-locus modelsMarie Claude Babron
INSERM, UMR S946, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, PRES Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, UMR S946, Paris, France
Genet Epidemiol 36:848-55. 2012..Because the true genetic model is unknown, we cannot conclude that one design outperforms another. The optimal approach would be the two-step strategy (S3 or S4) as it is often the most powerful, or the second best...
- Familial correlations and inter-relationships of four asthma-associated quantitative phenotypes in 320 French EGEA families ascertained through asthmatic probandsEmmanuelle Bouzigon
INSERM Université d Evry EMI0006, Evry, France
Eur J Hum Genet 12:955-63. 2004..These results may have implications for further linkage and association studies with genetic markers...
- Scores of asthma and asthma severity reveal new regions of linkage in EGEA study familiesE Bouzigon
INSERM U794, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses de l Agora, 91034 Evry, France
Eur Respir J 30:253-9. 2007..Asthma and asthma severity quantitative scores revealed new regions of linkage and thus provide support for considering these phenotypes in future genetic studies...
- Interaction between the DNAH9 gene and early smoke exposure in bronchial hyperresponsivenessMarie Hélène Dizier
INSERM, UMR 946, Genetic Variation and Human Diseases Unit, Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Paris, France
Eur Respir J 47:1072-81. 2016....
- Identification of a new locus at 16q12 associated with time to asthma onsetChloé Sarnowski
INSERM, UMR 946, Paris, France Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 138:1071-1080. 2016..Asthma is a heterogeneous disease in which age of onset plays an important role...
- Genes Interacting with Occupational Exposures to Low Molecular Weight Agents and Irritants on Adult-Onset Asthma in Three European StudiesMarta Rava
INSERM, U1168, VIMA Aging and chronic diseases Epidemiological and public health approaches, F 94807, Villejuif, France
Environ Health Perspect . 2016..Studying genes by environment interactions (GxE) may help identify new genes related to adult-onset asthma...
- Replication of association between ADAM33 polymorphisms and psoriasisValerie Siroux
INSERM, U823, Centre de Recherche Albert Bonniot, Epidémiologie des cancers et des affections graves, La Tronche, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2448. 2008..The identification of a pleiotropic effect of ADAM33 on asthma and psoriasis may contribute to the understanding of these common immune-mediated diseases...
- Power comparison of different methods to detect genetic effects and gene-environment interactionsRémi Kazma
Universite Paris Sud, UMR S 535, Villejuif, 94817, France
BMC Proc 1:S74. 2007..The case-only design exhibits a 95% power to detect G x E interaction but the type I error rate is increased...