M H Dizier
- [Epidemiological study of genetic and environmental factors in asthma, bronchial hyperresponsiveness and atopy. Protocol and potential selection bias]F Kauffmann
INSERM U472, 16, avenue PV Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 49:343-56. 2001..Using the family base collected, segregation and genetic linkage/association analyses with DNA markers may be performed...
- Genome screen for asthma and related phenotypes in the French EGEA studyM H Dizier
INSERM U155, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France INSERM EPI 00 06, H opital St Louis, Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:1812-8. 2000..005), 12q24 (p = 0.0008), and 17q12-21 (p = 0.001), and four additional ones, 1p31 (p = 0.005) for asthma, 11q13 (p = 0.006) for IgE, 13q31 (p = 0.001) for eosinophils, and 19q13 (p = 0.02) for BR...
- The triangle test statistic (TTS): a test of genetic homogeneity using departure from the triangle constraints in IBD distribution among affected sib-pairsM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Hum Genet 64:433-42. 2000..We show that under such situations, using the triangle constraints may lead to important loss of power to detect linkage by the MLS test. We propose here an alternative approach in order to detect both linkage and heterogeneity...
- Indication of linkage and genetic heterogeneity of asthma according to age at onset on chromosome 7q in 107 French EGEA familiesM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Kremlin Bicetre, Cedex, France
Eur J Hum Genet 9:867-72. 2001..005, P>0.5 after correction for multiple testing) and PST (P=0.0001, 0.015 after correction). These results suggest a genetic factor on 7q involved in asthma with genotype relative risks differing according to age at onset of disease...
- Testing linkage and gene x environment interaction: comparison of different affected sib-pair methodsM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Bâtiment INSERM Gregory Picus, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Genet Epidemiol 25:73-9. 2003..Under the other models, the MLS remains the most powerful test to detect linkage. However, only the PST and TTS allow the detection of G x E interaction...
- Indication of linkage and genetic heterogeneity for asthma and atopy on chromosomes 8p and 12q in 107 French EGEA familiesM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Villejuif, France
Eur J Hum Genet 11:590-6. 2003..Provided the small distance between the two markers on either 8p (16 cM) or 12q (21 cM), it is unclear whether one or two genetic factors are involved in either region...
- Genome screen in the French EGEA study: detection of linked regions shared or not shared by allergic rhinitis and asthmaM H Dizier
INSERM U535, Hopital Paul Brousse, Bâtiment Leriche, Villejuif Cedex, France
Genes Immun 6:95-102. 2005..While 1p31 may contain a genetic determinant common to asthma and AR, 2q32, 3p24-p14, 9p22 and 9q22-q34 are more likely to harbor genetic factors specific to AR...
- Homogeneity of asthma genome scan resultsM C Babron
INSERM U535, Batiment Gregory Pincus, , , France
Genet Epidemiol 21:S44-8. 2001..Although different scores were obtained in each sample, the Wald's likelihood homogeneity test did not reveal any significant genetic heterogeneity. This may be due to the very large variance of the model-free linkage statistics...
- Triangle test statistic in discordant sib pairs: test of genetic heterogeneity of asthma and atopy in CSGA familiesM H Dizier
INSERM U535, , , , France
Genet Epidemiol 21:S192-7. 2001..It could be a characteristic of the disease such as the severity or the presence of an environmental factor...
- Sex-specific effect of IL9 polymorphisms on lung function and polysensitizationH Aschard
INSERM, U946, Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris 75010, France
Genes Immun 10:559-65. 2009..002, respectively, after Bonferroni's correction). This study underlies the importance of taking into account complex mechanisms, such as heterogeneity according to sex and pleiotropy to unravel the genes involved in asthma phenotypes...
- Heterogeneity of asthma according to blood inflammatory patternsR Nadif
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Villejuif, France
Thorax 64:374-80. 2009..There is increasing interest regarding asthma heterogeneity in relation to inflammatory patterns...
- Air pollution and asthma severity in adultsE Rage
INSERM U780, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Villejuif Cedex, France
Occup Environ Med 66:182-8. 2009..The aim was to assess the relation between asthma severity during the past 12 months and home outdoor concentrations of air pollution...
- [Epidemiological study on the Genetics and Environment of Asthma, bronchial hyperresponsiveness and atopy (EGEA) - First results of a multi-disciplinary study]F Kauffmann
INSERM U 472, Villejuif, France
Rev Mal Respir 19:63-72. 2002..The analysis is still in progress by studies on the heterogeneity of asthma with refined genetic studies and by searching to integrate results regarding environmental and genetic factors and studying their interactions...
- Scores of asthma and asthma severity reveal new regions of linkage in EGEA study familiesE Bouzigon
INSERM U794, Tour Evry 2, 523 Place des Terrasses de l Agora, 91034 Evry, France
Eur Respir J 30:253-9. 2007..Asthma and asthma severity quantitative scores revealed new regions of linkage and thus provide support for considering these phenotypes in future genetic studies...
- Do young adults with childhood asthma avoid occupational exposures at first hire?O Dumas
Respiratory and Environmental Epidemiology, CESP U 1018 Inserm, Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 37:1043-9. 2011..98, 95% CI 0.44-2.22), with consistent results for all asthma characteristics. Results suggest a healthy worker hire effect in subjects with more severe or more symptomatic asthma in childhood. Education may modulate self-selection...
- [Construction and validation of a respiratory epidemiological questionnaire]F Kauffmann
INSERM U472 16 av PV Couturier 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Rev Mal Respir 19:323-33. 2002..splf.org/bbo/revues-articles/RMR/depotElectronique/2001-110_Kauffmann/Kauffmann2002.htm) which supplements the printed paper...