- Correlates of late HIV diagnosis: implications for testing policyCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, F31073, Toulouse, France
Int J STD AIDS 18:312-7. 2007..Among migrants, HIV testing with informed consent short after entry should be improved, especially towards individuals not in couple...
- Longitudinal study of body composition of 101 HIV men with lipodystrophy: dual-energy X-ray criteria for lipodystrophy evolutionEmilie Degris
Unit of Pharmacy, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Densitom 13:237-44. 2010..No correlation was observed between lipodystrophy and total body bone mineral density. The loss of trunk fat mass without gain of lower limbs fat mass may indicate a worsening of HIV disease...
- What role does socio-economic position play in the link between functional limitations and self-rated health: France vs. USA?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR558, Toulouse, France
Eur J Public Health 22:317-21. 2012..Our objective was to analyse the influence of education on the link between functional limitation (FL) and self-rated health (SRH) in two countries, France and the USA...
- Do gender differences affect the doctor-patient interaction during consultations in general practice? Results from the INTERMEDE studyAnne Cécile Schieber
INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, France, Universite Toulouse III, UMR1027, Toulouse, France, CHU Toulouse, Service d épidémiologie, Toulouse, France
Fam Pract 31:706-13. 2014..Our hypothesis is that a patient interacting with a physician of the same gender may perceive more social proximity, notably on health care beliefs and may be more inclined to trust them...
- Is perceived social distance between the patient and the general practitioner related to their disagreement on patient's health status?Anne Cécile Schieber
INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, F 31300, France
Patient Educ Couns 91:97-104. 2013..To ascertain whether disagreement between patients and general practitioners (GP) on the patient's health status varies according to their respective perceived social distance (PSD)...
- High-Risk groups for late diagnosis of HIV infection: a need for rethinking testing policy in the general populationCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, Toulouse, F 31073 France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:838-47. 2006..It seems necessary to improve HIV testing policy in the heterosexual population...
- SRH and HrQOL: does social position impact differently on their link with health status?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR1027, Toulouse, France
BMC Public Health 12:19. 2012..Our objective is to assess the influence of SEP on the relationship between physical health status and subjective health status, measured by SRH and HRQoL using the SF-36 scale...
- How long do physicians wait to start antiretroviral treatment in newly diagnosed HIV-infected patients?Lise Cuzin
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, France
HIV Clin Trials 12:339-42. 2011..With the aim to look for possible ways to reduce individual time from HIV diagnosis to low viraemia and reduced infectivity, we measured time between HIV diagnosis and treatment initiation in a large prospective cohort...
- Adverse childhood experiences and premature all-cause mortalityMichelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM, U1027, Faculte de Medecine, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, 31073, Toulouse, France
Eur J Epidemiol 28:721-34. 2013..Given the small impact of adult life style factors on the association between ACE and premature mortality, biological embedding during sensitive periods in early development is a plausible explanatory mechanism...
- Routine testing to reduce late HIV diagnosis in FranceCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558 F 31073, Toulouse, France
BMJ 334:1354-6. 2007
- Immunologic and clinical responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV infection aged >50 yearsLise Cuzin
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:654-7. 2007..Late testing, which was more frequent in the older age group, was the only independent factor associated with immunologic and clinical evolution of infection. Age >50 years was associated with earlier treatment discontinuation...
- Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA studyAnne Jolivet
INSERM, U558, Toulouse F 31300, France
Soc Sci Med 71:534-40. 2010..Organisational approaches may be more effective in improving mental health at work and may also have a longer-lasting impact than individual approaches...
- Prospective studies of dietary alpha-linolenic acid intake and prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysisMarion Carayol
INSERM U, Toulouse, France
Cancer Causes Control 21:347-55. 2010..Our findings support a weak protective association between dietary ALA intake and prostate cancer risk but further research is needed to conclude on this question...
- Do general practitioners overestimate the health of their patients with lower education?Michelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM Unité 1027, F 31300, Toulouse, France
Soc Sci Med 73:1416-21. 2011..This could potentially result in lack of advice and treatment for these patients and ultimately the maintenance of health inequalities...
- Effects of discontinuing stavudine or protease inhibitor therapy on human immunodeficiency virus-related fat redistribution evaluated by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometryNeda Tavassoli
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Cent re Midi Pyrénées de Pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Faculte de Medecine, Hopitaux de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Pharmacotherapy 26:154-61. 2006..To determine whether discontinuation of stavudine or protease inhibitor therapy improves human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related fat distribution in men...
- Mode of delivery at birth and the metabolic syndrome in midlife: the role of the birth environment in a prospective birth cohort studyBeatrice Bouhanick
Service de médecine interne et HTA, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, France
BMJ Open 4:e005031. 2014..The aim of this study is to examine the hypothesis that mode of delivery at birth may be associated with metabolic disorders in adult midlife...
- Incidences and risk factors of first-line HAART discontinuation: a limitation to the success of the "seek, test, treat, and retain" strategy?Momory Keita
a Inserm, UMR1027 INSERM Université de Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
AIDS Care 26:1058-69. 2014....
- Impact of social position on the effect of cardiovascular risk factors on self-rated healthCyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR558, Toulouse, France
Am J Public Health 99:1278-84. 2009..We assessed the impact of education level on the association between self-rated health and cardiovascular risk factors (blood pressure, glycosylated hemoglobin level, and total cholesterol and triglyceride levels)...
- A systematic review of computer-based patient record systems and quality of care: more randomized clinical trials or a broader approach?Cyrille Delpierre
Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Purpan, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Toulouse, France
Int J Qual Health Care 16:407-16. 2004..To analyse the impact of computer-based patient record systems (CBPRS) on medical practice, quality of care, and user and patient satisfaction...
- Socialization instances linked to cannabis experimentation among French teenagersSonia Jovic
1Inserm U1027, 37, allées Jules Guesdes, Toulouse, France
Subst Use Misuse 49:1808-19. 2014..At environmental level, only being in a priority education area was linked to this behavior, without explaining differences among schools...