Genomes and Genes
- Genotypic prediction of HIV-1 subtype D tropismStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U1043, Toulouse, F 31300 France
Retrovirology 8:56. 2011..Recent studies indicate that the genotypic algorithms used routinely to assess HIV-1 tropism may lack accuracy for non-B subtypes. Little is known about the genotypic determinants of HIV-1 subtype D tropism...
- Minor HIV-1 variants with the K103N resistance mutation during intermittent efavirenz-containing antiretroviral therapy and virological failurePierre Delobel
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 6:e21655. 2011..04). Thus ultrasensitive methods could prove more useful than direct sequencing for predicting treatment failure in some patients. However the presence of minor NNRTI-resistant viruses need not always result in virological escape...
- CXCR4-using viruses in plasma and peripheral blood mononuclear cells during primary HIV-1 infection and impact on disease progressionStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U563 Toulouse, Toulouse, France
AIDS 24:2305-12. 2010..Thus, we determined HIV-1 tropism in both these compartments during primary infection and evaluated the impact of CXCR4-using viruses on disease progression...
- Frequency of CXCR4-using viruses in primary HIV-1 infections using ultra-deep pyrosequencingStéphanie Raymond
INSERM U, Toulouse, France
AIDS 25:1668-70. 2011..75) and in 14% using the combined 11/25 and net charge rule. The phenotypic assay identified 9% of CXCR4-using viruses. This confirms that R5 viruses are predominant in primary HIV-1 infections...
- No selection of CXCR4-using variants in cell reservoirs of dual-mixed HIV-infected patients on suppressive maraviroc therapyStéphanie Raymond
aINSERM, UMR1043 bUniversité Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Faculté de Médecine Toulouse Purpan cCHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie dINSERM, UMR1027 eUniversité de Toulouse III fCHU Toulouse, COREVIH gCHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Toulouse, France
AIDS 30:965-8. 2016..The mean CXCR4-using virus frequency in peripheral blood mononuclear cells was 59% before maraviroc intensification and 52% after 24 weeks of effective treatment, indicating no selection by maraviroc. ..
- Evolution of HIV-1 quasispecies and coreceptor use in cell reservoirs of patients on suppressive antiretroviral therapyStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U1043, Toulouse F 31300, France Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Faculté de Médecine Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse F 31300, France CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie, Toulouse F 31300, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:2527-30. 2014..To track changes in the V3 env region of HIV-1 quasispecies and determine virus coreceptor use in cell reservoirs of patients on long-term suppressive antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Characterization of CXCR4-using HIV-1 during primary infection by ultra-deep pyrosequencingStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, UMR1043, Toulouse, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:2875-81. 2013..Phenotypic assays provide only qualitative results: the presence or absence of CXCR4-using viruses. We have therefore used ultra-deep pyrosequencing (UDS) to determine the frequency of CXCR4-using viruses among HIV-1 quasispecies...
- Position-specific automated processing of V3 env ultra-deep pyrosequencing data for predicting HIV-1 tropismNicolas Jeanne
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, F 31300 France
Sci Rep 5:16944. 2015..It allows to retain authentic sequences with point mutations at V3 positions of interest and discard artifactual ones with accurate sensitivity thresholds. ..
- Development and performance of a new recombinant virus phenotypic entry assay to determine HIV-1 coreceptor usageStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U563, Toulouse, F 31300, France
J Clin Virol 47:126-30. 2010..Few phenotypic assays are available, with few data on their concordance, and none has been designed to determine tropism from cell-associated HIV-1 DNA...
- HIV-1 Tat Protein Induces Production of Proinflammatory Cytokines by Human Dendritic Cells and Monocytes/Macrophages through Engagement of TLR4-MD2-CD14 Complex and Activation of NF-κB PathwayNawal Ben Haij
INSERM, U1043, Toulouse, France, CNRS, U5282, Toulouse, France Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse, Toulouse, France Department of Infectious Diseases, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0129425. 2015..This study reveals a novel mechanism by which HIV-1, via its early expressed Tat protein, hijacks the TLR4 pathway, hence establishing abnormal hyper-activation of the immune system. ..
- Altered CD4+ T cell homing to the gut impairs mucosal immune reconstitution in treated HIV-infected individualsMaud Mavigner
INSERM, UMR1043, Toulouse, France
J Clin Invest 122:62-9. 2012..Our results thus describe alterations in CD4+ T cell homing to the gut that could prevent efficient mucosal immune reconstitution in HIV-infected individuals despite effective cART...
- Pathogenesis of the immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome affecting the central nervous system in patients infected with HIVGuillaume Martin-Blondel
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Department, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, F 31300, France
Brain 134:928-46. 2011..Our current perception of this neuroinflammatory disease supports therapeutic strategies aimed at modulating immune aggression without dampening the life-saving restoration of the immune response...
- Isolation on Chocolate Agar Culture of Legionella pneumophila Isolates from Subcutaneous Abscesses in an Immunocompromised PatientMohammed Barigou
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Centre de Physiopathologie Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 53:3683-5. 2015..Swartz, Clin Infect Dis 16:51-53, 1993). Here we report the identification of Legionella pneumophila isolates, from subcutaneous abscesses in an immunocompromised patient, that grew in an unusual medium for Legionella bacteria. ..
- Maraviroc intensification of stable antiviral therapy in HIV-1-infected patients with poor immune restoration: MARIMUNO-ANRS 145 studyLise Cuzin
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:557-64. 2012..To address the ability of a 24-week Maraviroc (MVC) intensification of a stable antiretroviral therapy (cART) to significantly increase the CD4 cell count slope...
- Phenotyping methods for determining HIV tropism and applications in clinical settingsStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U1043, Toulouse, F 31300 France
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 7:463-9. 2012..Hence, several methods have been developed for assessing HIV-1 tropism in patients who are candidates for CCR5 antagonists. This article reviews current data on phenotypic assays of tropism...
- HIV-1 Tat protein induces PD-L1 (B7-H1) expression on dendritic cells through tumor necrosis factor alpha- and toll-like receptor 4-mediated mechanismsRémi Planès
INSERM, U1043, Toulouse, France CNRS, U5282, Toulouse, France Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Virol 88:6672-89. 2014..The findings offer a novel potential molecular target for the development of an anti-HIV-1 treatment...
- HIV-1 residual viremia correlates with persistent T-cell activation in poor immunological responders to combination antiretroviral therapyMaud Mavigner
INSERM, U563, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7658. 2009....