Xavier De Boissezon
- Subcortical aphasia: a longitudinal PET studyXavier De Boissezon
INSERM U455, University Hospital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Stroke 36:1467-73. 2005..Here, overt language production tasks were used to correlate regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) changes and language performance in patients with vascular subcortical lesions...
- [Functional neuroimaging and the treatment of aphasia: speech therapy and repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation]X De Boissezon
CHU Toulouse, Hôpital Rangeuil, Service de médecine physique et réadaptation, Toulouse, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:S45-8. 2008..Repetitive trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), first used to determine cortical activity, is now used to directly interfere with cerebral activity. In the years to come, rTMS should be developed as an adjuvant therapy for aphasia...
- Good recovery from aphasia is also supported by right basal ganglia: a longitudinal controlled PET study. EJPRM-ESPRM 2008 award winnerX De Boissezon
INSERM, Imagerie cérébrale et handicaps neurologiques UMR 825, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 45:547-58. 2009..To investigate the neural substrates of aphasia recovery, a longitudinal study in patients after a left single perisylvian stroke was performed...
- Pharmacotherapy of aphasia: myth or reality?Xavier De Boissezon
INSERM U455, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31059, France
Brain Lang 102:114-25. 2007..However, some of them showed limited efficiency (piracetam and amphetamine). Moreover, drug therapies for aphasia were less efficient alone than when they were associated with speech therapy...
- Behavioral and neurofunctional changes over time in healthy and aphasic subjects: a PET Language Activation StudyDominique Cardebat
INSERM U455, PET Centre, University Hospital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Stroke 34:2900-6. 2003..Investigation of changes over time in healthy subjects during language tasks seems a prerequisite before interpretation of longitudinal changes in aphasic patients...
- [Principal techniques of rehabilitation. Referral to physiotherapy and speech therapy]Virginie Woisard
Unite de la Voix et de la Deglutition, Service d Oto Rhino Laryngologie et de Chirurgie Cervico faciale, Hopital Larrey, Toulouse
Rev Prat 57:1463-9. 2007