- [Epidemiology and risk factors for osteoporosis]P Dargent-Molina
INSERM, Unité de recherche U149 Recherches épidémiologiques en santé périnatale et santé des femmes, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif, France
Rev Med Interne 25:S517-25. 2004..The efficacy of such measures on fracture prevention must be demonstrated...
- Separate and combined value of bone mass and gait speed measurements in screening for hip fracture risk: results from the EPIDOS study. Epidémiologie de l'OstéoporoseP Dargent-Molina
INSERM Unit 149, Villejuif, France
Osteoporos Int 9:188-92. 1999..The sensitivity of the available screening tools is low, even when they are combined: to obtain a sensitivity of about 80%, approximately 50% of the population must be considered to be at high risk...
- Devising global strategies for fracture-risk evaluationPatricia Dargent-Molina
INSERM, Unit 149, 16, av Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:240-4. 2007..The results will serve to develop clinical guidelines for identifying high-risk patients...
- Identification of women at increased risk of osteoporosis: no need to use different screening tools at different agesPatricia Dargent-Molina
INSERM Unité 149, 16 av Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Maturitas 54:55-64. 2006....
- A triage strategy based on clinical risk factors for selecting elderly women for treatment or bone densitometry: the EPIDOS prospective studyP Dargent-Molina
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Unité de recherche U149 Recherches épidémiologiques en santé périnatale et santé des femmes, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Osteoporos Int 16:898-906. 2005..The proposed triage strategy may be a useful clinical tool for selecting elderly women for treatment or bone densitometry...
- A comparison of different screening strategies to identify elderly women at high risk of hip fracture: results from the EPIDOS prospective studyP Dargent-Molina
INSERM Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Unite 149, 94 807, Villejuif Cedex, France
Osteoporos Int 14:969-77. 2003..With this combined strategy, women in the high-risk group have one chance in ten of having a hip fracture over the next 4 years, whereas women in the low risk group have only one chance in 40...
- Use of clinical risk factors in elderly women with low bone mineral density to identify women at higher risk of hip fracture: The EPIDOS prospective studyP Dargent-Molina
INSERM Unité 149, Villejuif, France
Osteoporos Int 13:593-9. 2002....
- In elderly women weight is the best predictor of a very low bone mineral density: evidence from the EPIDOS studyP Dargent-Molina
INSERM Unité 149, Villejuif, France
Osteoporos Int 11:881-8. 2000..In conclusion, a risk score for very low BMD based on simple criteria such as weight could be a useful clinical tool to select elderly women for bone densitometry...
- Risk factors for fractures of the proximal humerus: results from the EPIDOS prospective studySun H Lee
INSERM, Unite 149, Villejuif, France
J Bone Miner Res 17:817-25. 2002..1 per 1000 woman-years) than in women with only one of the two risk factors. These results suggest that women who have both types of risk factors should receive the highest priority for prevention...
- Multidimensionality of the relationship between social status and dietary patterns in early childhood: longitudinal results from the French EDEN mother-child cohortSoumaïla Camara
INSERM, UMR1153 Epidemiology and Biostatistics Sorbonne Paris Cité Center CRESS, Early ORigin of the Child s Health and Development Team ORCHAD, Paris Descartes University, France, Paris, F 75014, France
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 12:122. 2015..We aimed to assess the influence of a variety of social factors from different socio-ecological levels (parents, household and child-care) on multi-time point dietary patterns identified from 2 to 5 y...
- Effect of hip fracture on mortality in elderly women: the EPIDOS prospective studyJean Philippe Empana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Villejuif, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:685-90. 2004....
- Proteins, dietary acid load, and calcium and risk of postmenopausal fractures in the E3N French women prospective studyPatricia Dargent-Molina
INSERM, UMR S149, IFR 69, Epidemiological Research Unit in Perinatal Health and Women s Health, Villejuif, France
J Bone Miner Res 23:1915-22. 2008..However, there was some evidence that high protein-high acid ash diets were associated with an increased risk of fracture when calcium intake was low (<400 mg/1000 kcal)...
- The effect of fall prevention exercise programmes on fall induced injuries in community dwelling older adultsFabienne El-Khoury
Univ Paris Sud, UMRS 1018, F 94807, Villejuif, France INSERM, Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health CESP, U1018, F 94805 Villejuif, France
Br J Sports Med 49:1348. 2015..Are fall prevention exercise interventions for older people living in the community effective in preventing different types of fall related injuries?..
- Effectiveness of two year balance training programme on prevention of fall induced injuries in at risk women aged 75-85 living in community: Ossébo randomised controlled trialFabienne El-Khoury
Universite Paris Sud, UMR S1018, F 94807, Villejuif, France Université Paris Descartes, UMR S 1153, F 75014, Paris, France INSERM, Centre de Recherche Epidémiologie et Statistique Sorbonne Paris Cité CRESS, U1153, F 94807, Villejuif, France
BMJ 351:h3830. 2015..To assess the effectiveness of a two year exercise programme of progressive balance retraining in reducing injurious falls among women aged 75-85 at increased risk of falls and injuries and living in the community...
- The effect of fall prevention exercise programmes on fall induced injuries in community dwelling older adults: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsFabienne El-Khoury
Univ Paris Sud, UMRS 1018, F 94807, Villejuif, France
BMJ 347:f6234. 2013..To determine whether, and to what extent, fall prevention exercise interventions for older community dwelling people are effective in preventing different types of fall related injuries...
- The 'Ossebo' intervention for the prevention of injurious falls in elderly women: background and designPatricia Dargent-Molina
Universite Paris Sud, UMRS 1018, F 94805, Villejuif, France
Glob Health Promot 20:88-93. 2013..This paper reviews the literature that contributed to the design of the 'Ossébo' intervention and describes the study that is underway...
- Higher cord C-peptide concentrations are associated with slower growth rate in the 1st year of life in girls but not in boysNolwenn Regnault
INSERM, U1018, Center for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health, Lifelong Epidemiology of Diabetes, Obesity, and Chronic Kidney Disease, Villejuif, France
Diabetes 60:2152-9. 2011..To understand the relationships between maternal glycemia during pregnancy and prenatal and early postnatal growth by evaluating cord C-peptide and IGF-I as mediating biomarkers in boys and girls separately...
- Beta-blocker use, bone mineral density, and fracture risk in older women: results from the Epidemiologie de l'Osteoporose prospective studyRegis Levasseur
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:550-2. 2005
- Bone density measurement in older women: who and why?Patricia Dargent-Molina
Joint Bone Spine 71:264-5. 2004