Affiliation: Danone Vitapole
- Intra- and inter-laboratory validation of an innovative huFcεRIα-RBL-2H3 degranulation assay for in vitro allergenicity assessment of whey hydrolysatesKaren Knipping
Nutricia Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Toxicol In Vitro 33:29-34. 2016..This new in vitro degranulation assay seems predictive for allergenicity outcome and might therefore be considered as a relevant substitute for animal models. ..
- An evaluation of the inhibitory effects against rotavirus infection of edible plant extractsKaren Knipping
Danone Research, Centre for Specialised Nutrition, PO Box 7005, 6700 CA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Virol J 9:137. 2012..The developments of specific, potent and accessible antiviral treatments that restrain rotavirus infection remain important to control rotavirus disease...
- A gastrointestinal rotavirus infection mouse model for immune modulation studiesKaren Knipping
Danone Research Centre for Specialised Nutrition, P, O, Box 7005, 6700 CA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Virol J 8:109. 2011..In addition, this illness model was used to study modulatory effects of intervention on several immune parameters after re-infection...
- Enzymatic treatment of whey proteins in cow's milk results in differential inhibition of IgE-mediated mast cell activation compared to T-cell activationKaren Knipping
Danone Research Center for Specialized Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 159:263-70. 2012..In hydrolysates, allergenic epitopes within CM proteins are diminished by enzymatic treatment. The aim of this study was to examine the allergenic and immunogenic properties of whey proteins during hydrolysis...
- Development of β-lactoglobulin-specific chimeric human IgEκ monoclonal antibodies for in vitro safety assessment of whey hydrolysatesKaren Knipping
Nutricia Research B V, Utrecht, The Netherlands Division of Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e106025. 2014..However, limited availability and inter-lot variation of these allergic sera impede standardization of whey hydrolysate safety testing in degranulation assays...
- In vivo and in vitro evaluation of the residual allergenicity of partially hydrolysed infant formulasBetty C A M van Esch
Division of Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 201:264-9. 2011..This combination of assays is proposed as a strategy for the screening of new hypoallergenic formulas aimed at preventing sensitization in atopic children and avoiding clinical symptoms in infants suffering from cow's milk allergy...
- Immunoglobulin free light chains are increased in hypersensitivity pneumonitis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisTom Groot Kormelink
Division of Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e25392. 2011..In this study we explored if such a mechanism may also apply to HP and IPF...
- Serum biomarkers for allergy in childrenKaren Knipping
Nutricia Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Allergy Immunol . 2016..As allergy is not one disease, but a collection of a number of allergic conditions, it is more plausible a combination of clinical history, clinical readouts, and diagnostic markers will be needed...
- Serum immunoglobulin free light chain levels are higher in girls than boys during eosinophilic oesophagitisKaren Knipping
Nutricia Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands Division of Pharmacology, Faculty of Science, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 103:766-74. 2014..Eosinophilic oesophagitis (EO) is an emerging worldwide disease, closely associated with male gender and allergic disorders. This study investigated the distribution of allergy markers in a cohort of children with EO...