- Antioxidant supplementation does not affect fasting plasma glucose in the Supplementation with Antioxidant Vitamins and Minerals (SU.VI.MAX) study in France: association with dietary intake and plasma concentrationsSebastien Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, French Institute of Health and Medical Research, CRNH Ile de France, Bobigny, France
Am J Clin Nutr 84:395-9. 2006..Observational data suggest a protective effect of several antioxidants on fasting plasma glucose (FPG) and type 2 diabetes. However, randomized trials have yielded inconsistent results...
- Relationships between different types of fruit and vegetable consumption and serum concentrations of antioxidant vitaminsLuc Dauchet
INSERM, U557, Bobigny, France
Br J Nutr 100:633-41. 2008..These results describe antioxidant serum concentrations according to fruit and vegetable consumption in a large sample and support the findings of previous studies involving a more limited number of subjects...
- Dairy consumption and 6-y changes in body weight and waist circumference in middle-aged French adultsAnne Claire Vergnaud
INSERM U557, INRA U1125, CNAM EA3200, Paris 13 University, and the Research Unit on Nutritional Epidemiology, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Am J Clin Nutr 88:1248-55. 2008..Some studies have shown an inverse relation between calcium intake and body weight or fat mass...
- Differential associations of dietary sodium and potassium intake with blood pressure: a focus on pulse pressureJean François Buyck
UMR INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM Université Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
J Hypertens 27:1158-64. 2009....
- Adherence to French nutritional guidelines is associated with lower risk of metabolic syndromeEmmanuelle Kesse-Guyot
Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
J Nutr 141:1134-9. 2011..Improvement in compliance with nutritional recommendations may help to reduce the burden of CVD disease in the general population...
- Association between prediagnostic biomarkers of inflammation and endothelial function and cancer risk: a nested case-control studyMathilde Touvier
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, INSERM U557, Paris 13 University, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, F 93017 Bobigny, France
Am J Epidemiol 177:3-13. 2013..quartile 1, multivariate OR = 3.04, 95% CI: 1.28, 7.23; P(trend) = 0.03). These results suggest that prediagnostic hs-CRP and sICAM-1 levels are associated with increased prostate and breast cancer risk, respectively...
- Effect of supplementation with antioxidants upon long-term risk of hypertension in the SU.VI.MAX study: association with plasma antioxidant levelsSebastien Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, French Institute of Health and Medical Research, UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, Paris, France
J Hypertens 23:2013-8. 2005..5-year risk of hypertension in the SU.VI.MAX trial. To describe the association between baseline plasma antioxidant levels and the same long-term risk using observational data from the study...
- Associations between dietary patterns and arterial stiffness, carotid artery intima-media thickness and atherosclerosisEmmanuelle Kesse-Guyot
UMR, INSERM U557 INRA U1125 CNAM Université Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 17:718-24. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between carotid-femoral pulse-wave velocity (PWV), common carotid-arteries intima-media thickness (CCA-IMT) and plaques with dietary patterns measured 7.5 years earlier...
- Impact of orlistat initiation on cardiovascular treatment use: a 6-year population-based cohort studySebastien Czernichow
Unite de Recherche en Epidemiologie Nutritionnelle, Faculté de Médecine SMBH, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, Bobigny, France
Eur J Prev Cardiol 19:484-9. 2012..Since obesity is associated with increased cardiovascular (CV) medication use and pharmaceutical costs, weight-loss drug use could beneficially impact CV medication use...
- Serum ferritin, cardiovascular risk factors and ischaemic heart diseases: a prospective analysis in the SU.VI.MAX (SUpplementation en VItamines et Minéraux AntioXydants) cohortPilar Galan
U557 INSERM UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition, Ile de France, Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Public Health Nutr 9:70-4. 2006..We therefore carried out a prospective study to evaluate the relationship between iron status and CVD in a middle-aged French population...
- Association between the French nutritional guideline-based score and 6-year anthropometric changes in a French middle-aged adult cohortEmmanuelle Kesse-Guyot
INSERMU557, INRAU1125, CNAM, Paris 13 University, Human Nutrition Research Center, Bobigny, France
Am J Epidemiol 170:757-65. 2009..89, 95% confidence interval: 0.80, 0.99) after a 6-year follow-up period. These observations support the role of nutritional guidelines in prevention of age-related weight increase and development of obesity...
- Modulation of the association between plasma intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and cancer risk by n-3 PUFA intake: a nested case-control studyMathilde Touvier
INSERM U557, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, INRA, CNAM, Paris 13 University, Bobigny, France
Am J Clin Nutr 95:944-50. 2012..Mechanistic data suggest that n-3 PUFAs and endothelial function may interact and play a role in carcinogenesis, but epidemiologic evidence is lacking...
- Macrovascular and microvascular dysfunction in the metabolic syndromeSebastien Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit, UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, Paris 13, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
Hypertens Res 33:293-7. 2010..The common mechanism linking MetS components to CVD risk through small- and large-artery dysfunctions may be mediated through metabolic factors related to insulin resistance, not to increased BP...
- Impact of 6-year body weight change on cardiac geometry and function in ageing adults: the SUpplémentation en Vitamines et Minéraux AntioXydants -2 (SU.VI.MAX-2) cardiovascular ultrasound substudyJean Jacques Monsuez
Hôpital René Muret, Cardiologie, Policlinique médicale, Universite Paris 13, Faculté de Médecine de Bobigny, Sevran, France
J Hypertens 28:2309-15. 2010....
- Metabolic syndrome in relation to structure and function of large arteries: a predominant effect of blood pressure. A report from the SU.VI.MAX. Vascular StudySebastien Czernichow
Nutritional Epidemiology Unit INSERM Unit 557, UMR INSERM INRA CNAM, 5 rue Vertbois, 75003 Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 18:1154-60. 2005..Metabolic syndrome (MetS) is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease. However, the contribution of MetS to intermediate cardiovascular endpoints such as structure and function alterations of large arteries is still unclear...
- Erythropoietin and erythropoietin receptor coexpression is associated with poor survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancerPierre Saintigny
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 13, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:4825-31. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate the prognostic effect of erythropoietin (EPO) and EPO receptor (EPO-R) expression in stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Very low oral doses of vitamin B-12 increase serum concentrations in elderly subjects with food-bound vitamin B-12 malabsorptionJacques Blacher
INSERM U 258, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
J Nutr 137:373-8. 2007..Our results could be beneficial in the design of a public health program for safe flour cofortification with folic acid...
- Intake of added oils and fats among middle-aged French adults: relationships with educational level and region of residenceSebastien Czernichow
Department of Nutrition, Hotel Dieu Hospital, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1889-94. 2005..To describe the relative contribution of 10 created food groups to total fat intake in middle-aged subjects. The relationship of added oil and fat intake with region of residence and educational level was also assessed...
- Calcium and vitamin D intake by postmenopausal women with osteoporosis in FranceSebastien Czernichow
Department of Public Health, Avicenne Hospital, University of Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1667-74. 2010..To assess dietary calcium and vitamin D intake and their relationship with prescription medication and nutritional supplement use among postmenopausal women with osteoporosis in France...
- Liver stiffness values in apparently healthy subjects: influence of gender and metabolic syndromeDominique Roulot
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Bobigny, France
J Hepatol 48:606-13. 2008..The aim of the present study was to prospectively assess liver stiffness values in the general population and to determine potential factors, which may influence these values...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C and its receptor VEGFR-3 in non-small-cell lung cancer: concurrent expression in cancer cells from primary tumour and metastatic lymph nodePierre Saintigny
Laboratoire d Oncologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, EA 3410, Universite Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Lung Cancer 58:205-13. 2007..The present study was therefore designed to evaluate VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 coexpression in tumour cells from the primary tumour and corresponding LN metastases...
- Is the Relationship between Common Mental Disorder and Adiposity Bidirectional? Prospective Analyses of a UK General Population-Based StudyLeopold K Fezeu
Universite Paris 13, Sorbonne Paris Cité Equipe de Recherche en Epidémiologie Nutritionnelle EREN, Centre d Epidémiologie et Biostatistiques EPIBIOS, INSERM, INRA, CNAM, Universite Paris 5, Universite Paris 7, Bobigny, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0119970. 2015..These findings of the present study suggest that the direction of association between common mental disorders and adiposity is from common mental disorder to increased future risk of adiposity as opposed to the converse...
- Melanocortin-4 receptor mutations and polymorphisms do not affect weight loss after bariatric surgeryMarion Valette
Paris 13 University, Sorbone Paris Cité, Nutritional Epidemiology Research Unit UMR U557 INSERM, U1125 Inra, CNAM, CRNH IdF, Bobigny, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48221. 2012..This is the first case-control study to show that MC4R mutations and polymorphisms do not affect weight loss and body composition over one year after bariatric surgery...