- Missed opportunities for HIV testing in newly-HIV-diagnosed patients, a cross sectional studyKaren Champenois
ATIP Avenir Inserm Modélisation, Aide à la Décision, et Coût Efficacité en Maladies Infectieuses, 152 rue du Professeur Yersin, Loos 59120, France
BMC Infect Dis 13:200. 2013..In France, 1/3 HIV-infected patients is diagnosed at an advanced stage of the disease. We describe missed opportunities for earlier HIV testing in newly-HIV-diagnosed patients...
- Maraviroc intensification of stable antiviral therapy in HIV-1-infected patients with poor immune restoration: MARIMUNO-ANRS 145 studyLise Cuzin
Infectious Diseases Department, University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:557-64. 2012..To address the ability of a 24-week Maraviroc (MVC) intensification of a stable antiretroviral therapy (cART) to significantly increase the CD4 cell count slope...
- How long do physicians wait to start antiretroviral treatment in newly diagnosed HIV-infected patients?Lise Cuzin
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, France
HIV Clin Trials 12:339-42. 2011..With the aim to look for possible ways to reduce individual time from HIV diagnosis to low viraemia and reduced infectivity, we measured time between HIV diagnosis and treatment initiation in a large prospective cohort...
- Atazanavir in patients with persistent viral replication despite HAART: results from the French prospective NADIS cohortL Cuzin
CISIH Hôpital Purpan, Toulouse, France
HIV Clin Trials 9:147-51. 2008..To assess virological efficacy of a ritonavir-boosted atazanavir (ATV/r)-containing regimen in patients with persistent viral replication despite HAART...
- Antiviral benefits for HIV-infected patients : the crucial role & multiple determinants of adherenceL Cuzin
Centre for Care and Information in Human Immunodeficiency Toulouse, France
Indian J Med Res 127:7-9. 2008
- Immunologic and clinical responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV infection aged >50 yearsLise Cuzin
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:654-7. 2007..Late testing, which was more frequent in the older age group, was the only independent factor associated with immunologic and clinical evolution of infection. Age >50 years was associated with earlier treatment discontinuation...
- Triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor- vs. nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens as first-line therapy: efficacy and durability in a prospective cohort of French HIV-infected patientsL Cuzin
Centre for Care and Information in Human Immunodeficiency, Toulouse, France
HIV Med 6:388-95. 2005..Data on the efficacy of this triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination compared with the gold-standard nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) regimen could provide important information...
- Boosted protease inhibitor-based or nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase-based HAART: is there a best choice for antiretroviral-naive HIV-1 infected patients?Lise Cuzin
Infectious Diseases Unit, Purpan University Hospital, Toulouse, France
AIDS Rev 10:205-11. 2008..In conclusion, protease inhibitor-based and nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-based regimens each have many advantages. The best choice will essentially be made taking into account the patients' characteristics...
- Correlates of late HIV diagnosis: implications for testing policyCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, F31073, Toulouse, France
Int J STD AIDS 18:312-7. 2007..Among migrants, HIV testing with informed consent short after entry should be improved, especially towards individuals not in couple...
- First-line cART regimen impacts the course of CD8+ T-cell counts in HIV-infected patients that achieve sustained undetectable viral loadIsabelle Poizot-Martin
aAix Marseille University, APHM Hôpital Sainte Marguerite, Immuno Hematology Clinic bInserm U912 SESSTIM, Marseille cCHU Hotel Dieu, Infectious Diseases Unit, Nantes dInserm eUniversité de Toulouse III, UMR1027, Toulouse fAPHP Necker Hospital, Infectious Diseases Department, Necker Pasteur Infectious Diseases Center, IHU Imagine gPasteur Institut, Medical Care Center, Necker Pasteur Infectious Diseases Center France hUniversité Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris iInfectious Diseases Department, CHU of Nice, University Nice Sophia Antipolis jHôpitaux Universitaires Strasbourg, Center for HIV Care, Strasbourg kHospital Tourcoing, Infectious Disease Unit, Tourcoing lINSERM, UMR 1027, Toulouse III University, Toulouse, F 31000, France CHU Toulouse, COREVIH Toulouse, F 31000 mAP HP, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, Department of Infectious Diseases nUPMC Univ Paris oUMRS 943, Paris pCHU de Fort de France, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Martinique qUniversité des Antilles, Baltimore
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e5087. 2016..Our data highlight the fact that cART regimens have differential effects on CD8 pool down regulation...
- Routine testing to reduce late HIV diagnosis in FranceCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558 F 31073, Toulouse, France
BMJ 334:1354-6. 2007
- Decrease of mitochondrial DNA level in sperm from patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1 linked to nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLynda Pavili
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, TSA 70034, CECOS Midi Pyrénées, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 94:2151-6. 2010..To study sperm parameters in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 and to analyze mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in sperm according to the HIV treatment...
- No selection of CXCR4-using variants in cell reservoirs of dual-mixed HIV-infected patients on suppressive maraviroc therapyStéphanie Raymond
aINSERM, UMR1043 bUniversité Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Faculté de Médecine Toulouse Purpan cCHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie dINSERM, UMR1027 eUniversité de Toulouse III fCHU Toulouse, COREVIH gCHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Toulouse, France
AIDS 30:965-8. 2016..The mean CXCR4-using virus frequency in peripheral blood mononuclear cells was 59% before maraviroc intensification and 52% after 24 weeks of effective treatment, indicating no selection by maraviroc. ..
- Incidences and risk factors of first-line HAART discontinuation: a limitation to the success of the "seek, test, treat, and retain" strategy?Momory Keita
a Inserm, UMR1027 INSERM Université de Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
AIDS Care 26:1058-69. 2014....
- Human immunodeficiency virus infection and non-small cell lung cancer: survival and toxicity of antineoplastic chemotherapy in a cohort studyAlain Makinson
Infectious Diseases Department, CHRU Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Thorac Oncol 6:1022-9. 2011..To describe factors associated with survival in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected subjects with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and analyze toxicities induced by cytotoxic chemotherapy and antiretroviral compounds...
- Correlation between genotypic predictions based on V3 sequences and phenotypic determination of HIV-1 tropismStéphanie Raymond
INSERM, U563, Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Faculté de Médecine Toulouse Purpan, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Laboratoire de Virologie, Toulouse, France
AIDS 22:F11-6. 2008..Replacing phenotypic assays with simple genotypic predictions of HIV-1 coreceptor usage would make the clinical use of CCR5 antagonists easier...
- Prisoners and skin diseases in Toulouse, France: epidemiological analysis and evaluation of life impactP Bayle
Department of Legal and Penitentiary Medicine, Paul Sabatier University and Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:52-7. 2009..Dermatology in a penitentiary environment is an under-researched field...
- Characteristics trends, mortality and morbidity in persons newly diagnosed HIV positive during the last decade: the profile of new HIV diagnosed peopleC Delpierre
INSERM U558, IFR126, Toulouse, F 31073, France
Eur J Public Health 18:345-7. 2008..This population is mainly diagnosed late with major consequences on morbidity and mortality...
- Intra-nodal injection of gentamicin for the treatment of suppurated cat scratch disease's lymphadenitisCamille Garnier
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Toulouse University Hospital, Place du Docteur Baylac TSA 40031, 31059, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Infection 44:23-7. 2016..The objective of this study was to evaluate the benefit of an intra-nodal injection of gentamicin add-on oral azithromycin treatment on the outcome of suppurated CSD's lymphadenitis...
- Comparative Effectiveness of First Antiretroviral Regimens in Clinical Practice Using a Causal ApproachLise Cuzin
From the INSERM, UMR 1027, Toulouse, France Université de Toulouse III, Toulouse, France CHU Toulouse, COREVIH Toulouse, France LC Infectious Diseases Dpt, CHU Archet, Nice, France PP Infectious Diseases Dpt, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France CA Sorbonne University UPMC Univ Paris 06 UMR_S 1136 Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Paris, France CK Infectious Diseases Dpt, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France and INSERM U1052, Lyon, France LC Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, Infectious Diseses Dpt, Tourcoing, France AC Infectious Diseases Dpt, and Université Antilles Guyane, CHU de Martinique, France AC Le Trait d Union, HIV care center, CHU Strasbourg, France DR UMR CNRS 6249 Chrono Environnement, Université de Franche Comté Service de maladies infectieuses, CHRU Besançon, Department of Biology and Psychology
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1668. 2015..Using data from a large prospective cohort, we found that boosted atazanavir and darunavir had comparable effectiveness, whatever the associated NRTIs, whereas efavirenz-based regimens were relatively less performing on the short term...
- Prophylaxis of invasive aspergillosis with voriconazole or caspofungin during building work in patients with acute leukemiaAmélie Chabrol
Department of Infectious Diseases, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Haematologica 95:996-1003. 2010..This study assessed the impact of voriconazole or caspofungin prophylaxis in patients undergoing induction chemotherapy for acute leukemia in a hematology unit exposed to building work...
- [Anti-retroviral treatment interruptions in HIV-infected adults: causes, clinical, immunological and virological consequences]A Sommet
Centre d information et de soins de l immunodéficience humaine de Midi Pyrénées, Hopital Purpan, 31059 cedex, Toulouse, France
Rev Med Interne 24:350-7. 2003..This retrospective study analyses causes as well as clinical, immunological and virological consequences of antiretroviral treatment interruptions (Ti) of more than 30 days in HIV-1 infected adults...
- Does first-line antiretroviral regimen impact risk for chronic kidney disease whatever the risk group?Philippe Flandre
aINSERM, UMR S 1136 and Sorbonne Universities, UPMC University of Paris 06, Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health, ParisbDepartment of Infectious Diseases, CHU Archet, NicecDepartment of Infectious Diseases, CHU Hotel Dieu, NantesdDepartment of Nephrology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital APHP and Pierre et Marie Curie University, PariseRegional Center for HIV Care and Coordination, Inserm UMR1027, Toulouse 3 University, Toulouse, France
AIDS 30:1433-8. 2016..We used the D:A:D risk score for chronic kidney disease (CKD) for patients starting antiretroviral therapy (ART) in the recent years, and investigated whether specific regimens enhanced the risk of CKD in the different risk groups...
- Is the unbound concentration of atazanavir of interest in therapeutic drug monitoring?David Metsu
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et de Toxicologie, Institut Fédératif de Biologie Purpan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Toulouse, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol . 2016..17 for Cu ). Neither total nor unbound concentrations of ATV fully explained hyperbilirubinaemia or virologic failure. From this study, we conclude that unbound ATV did not appear to be more relevant than Ct ...
- [Use of Nadis(®) software to improve adverse drug reaction reporting of antiretroviral drugs: experience in south west of France (midi-pyrénées)]Liselotte Pochard
Service de Pharmacologie Medicale et Clinique, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoépidémiologie et d Information sur le Médicament, CHU Toulouse, INSERM U1027, Universite Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Therapie 69:149-55. 2014..To study the value of the module of pharmacovigilance in Nadis® to improve the antiretroviral (ARV) drugs-induced adverse drug reactions (ADRs) reporting...
- [Analysis of antiretroviral drugs-induced adverse effects]Magalie Baudrant
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, centre Midi Pyrénées de pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Faculte de Medecine, Toulouse, France
Therapie 61:171-6. 2006..6% of cases and required the withdrawal of suspected drugs in 57% of cases. Our data show an improvement of antiretroviral drug-induced ADRs reporting...
- A systematic review of computer-based patient record systems and quality of care: more randomized clinical trials or a broader approach?Cyrille Delpierre
Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Purpan, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Toulouse, France
Int J Qual Health Care 16:407-16. 2004..To analyse the impact of computer-based patient record systems (CBPRS) on medical practice, quality of care, and user and patient satisfaction...
- Factors associated with mortality in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected adults initiating protease inhibitor-containing therapy: role of education level and of early transaminase level elevation (APROCO-ANRS EP11 study). The Antiprotéases CohortCharlotte Lewden
INSERM U330, Bordeaux, France
J Infect Dis 186:710-4. 2002..Thus, social context plus clinical and biologic data, including the 4-month response to treatment, must be considered in treatment of HIV-infected patients...
- An example of nonrandom missing data for hepatitis C virus status in a prognostic study among HIV-infected patientsCharlotte Lewden
INSERM U593 exU330, Bordeaux, France
HIV Clin Trials 5:224-31. 2004..To describe information bias due to missing data for hepatitis C (HCV) status in the analysis of factors associated with mortality in HIV-infected patients...
- Naive T-cell depletion related to infection by X4 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in poor immunological responders to highly active antiretroviral therapyPierre Delobel
Laboratoire de Virologie EA2046 IFR30, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, TSA 40031, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Virol 80:10229-36. 2006..X4 viruses could play a role in the depletion of naïve T cells in poor immunological responders to HAART by triggering persistent T-cell activation and bystander apoptosis via gp120-CXCR4 interactions...
- High-Risk groups for late diagnosis of HIV infection: a need for rethinking testing policy in the general populationCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, Toulouse, F 31073 France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:838-47. 2006..It seems necessary to improve HIV testing policy in the heterosexual population...
- Incidence of and risk factors for adverse drug reactions in a prospective cohort of HIV-infected adults initiating protease inhibitor-containing therapyXavier Duval
Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 39:248-55. 2004..7; 95% CI, 1.2-2.4) were independently predictive of a SADR. SADRs were frequent in the first 4 months after initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy but continued to occur after that time period...
- Enfuvirtide for prophylaxis against HIV infectionLise Cuzin
N Engl J Med 349:2169-70; author reply 2169-70. 2003