- The mere perception of eye contact increases arousal during a word-spelling taskLaurence Conty
CNRS, Paris, France
Soc Neurosci 5:171-86. 2010....
- The cost of being watched: Stroop interference increases under concomitant eye contactLaurence Conty
INSERM U970, Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives, Ecole Normale Superieure, 29 rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Cognition 115:133-9. 2010..Thus, there is a cost of being watched even in circumstances where the processing of direct gaze is strongly disfavored. The present results emphasize the crucial status of eye contact in human cognition...
- Evidence for unintentional emotional contagion beyond dyadsGuillaume Dezecache
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960, and Institut d Etudes de la Cognition IEC, Ecole Normale Supérieure ENS, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e67371. 2013..This phenomenon could be the mark of a spontaneous cooperative behavior whose function is to communicate survival-value information to conspecifics. ..
- Self-relevance appraisal influences facial reactions to emotional body expressionsJulie Grezes
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960 and IEC, Ecole Normale Supérieure ENS, 75005 Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e55885. 2013..These data support the hypothesis that rapid facial reactions are the outcome of self-relevant emotional processing...
- Social affordances: is the mirror neuron system involved?Guillaume Dezecache
Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience LNC INSERM U960 and IEC Ecole Normale Superieure ENS, 75005 Paris, France
Behav Brain Sci 36:417-8. 2013....
- I know you can see me: social ATTENTION influences BODILY self-awarenessNesrine Hazem
Laboratory of Human and Artificial Cognition CHart UPON EA4004, Paris 10 University, Nanterre, France Institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière ICM, Social and Affective Neuroscience Laboratory and Centre MEG EEG, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ, Paris 06, UMR_S 1127, Paris, France Electronic address
Biol Psychol . 2017..This shows that the belief to be watched by another social agent increases bodily self-awareness and further suggests that such belief is embedded in direct gaze perception...
- Social influence on metacognitive evaluations: The power of nonverbal cuesTerry Eskenazi
a Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives U940 INSERM, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Q J Exp Psychol (Hove) 69:2233-47. 2016..Together our results strongly suggest an involuntary susceptibility of metacognitive evaluations to nonverbal social information, even when it is implicit (Experiment 1) and unreliable (Experiments 1 and 2). ..
- Selective attention effects on early integration of social signals: same timing, modulated neural sourcesMarwa El Zein
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960, Département d Etudes Cognitives DEC, Ecole Normale Superieure, PSL Research University Paris, France UPMC université Paris 06, Paris, France Electronic address
Neuroimage 106:182-8. 2015..Together, these findings demonstrate that co-emitted social cues are integrated as long as they are relevant to the observer, even when they are irrelevant to the ongoing task. ..
- Look at me, I'll remember you: the perception of self-relevant social cues enhances memory and right hippocampal activityLaurence Conty
Département d Étude Cognitive, Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience, INSERM U960, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 33:2428-40. 2012..e. actor expressing anger and pointing toward the participant with direct gaze). Altogether, our results suggest that the perception of self-relevant social cues such as direct gaze automatically prompts "self-relevant memory" processes...
- Early binding of gaze, gesture, and emotion: neural time course and correlatesLaurence Conty
Laboratory of Psychopathology and Neuropsychology, Université Paris 8, 93526 Saint Denis, France
J Neurosci 32:4531-9. 2012....