- The mere perception of eye contact increases arousal during a word-spelling taskLaurence Conty
CNRS, Paris, France
Soc Neurosci 5:171-86. 2010....
- The cost of being watched: Stroop interference increases under concomitant eye contactLaurence Conty
INSERM U970, Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives, Ecole Normale Superieure, 29 rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Cognition 115:133-9. 2010..Thus, there is a cost of being watched even in circumstances where the processing of direct gaze is strongly disfavored. The present results emphasize the crucial status of eye contact in human cognition...
- Evidence for unintentional emotional contagion beyond dyadsGuillaume Dezecache
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960, and Institut d Etudes de la Cognition IEC, Ecole Normale Supérieure ENS, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e67371. 2013..This phenomenon could be the mark of a spontaneous cooperative behavior whose function is to communicate survival-value information to conspecifics. ..
- Self-relevance appraisal influences facial reactions to emotional body expressionsJulie Grezes
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960 and IEC, Ecole Normale Supérieure ENS, 75005 Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e55885. 2013..These data support the hypothesis that rapid facial reactions are the outcome of self-relevant emotional processing...
- Social affordances: is the mirror neuron system involved?Guillaume Dezecache
Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience LNC INSERM U960 and IEC Ecole Normale Superieure ENS, 75005 Paris, France
Behav Brain Sci 36:417-8. 2013....
- Selective attention effects on early integration of social signals: same timing, modulated neural sourcesMarwa El Zein
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives LNC, INSERM U960, Département d Etudes Cognitives DEC, Ecole Normale Superieure, PSL Research University Paris, France UPMC université Paris 06, Paris, France Electronic address
Neuroimage 106:182-8. 2015..Together, these findings demonstrate that co-emitted social cues are integrated as long as they are relevant to the observer, even when they are irrelevant to the ongoing task. ..
- Look at me, I'll remember you: the perception of self-relevant social cues enhances memory and right hippocampal activityLaurence Conty
Département d Étude Cognitive, Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience, INSERM U960, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Hum Brain Mapp 33:2428-40. 2012..e. actor expressing anger and pointing toward the participant with direct gaze). Altogether, our results suggest that the perception of self-relevant social cues such as direct gaze automatically prompts "self-relevant memory" processes...
- Early binding of gaze, gesture, and emotion: neural time course and correlatesLaurence Conty
Laboratory of Psychopathology and Neuropsychology, Université Paris 8, 93526 Saint Denis, France
J Neurosci 32:4531-9. 2012....