- Inference for multi-state models from interval-censored dataD Commenges
INSERM U330, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, 33076, France
Stat Methods Med Res 11:167-82. 2002..In particular, the penalized likelihood method has been applied to this problem. This paper gives a review of these topics...
- Modelling age-specific risk: application to dementiaD Commenges
INSERM U330, Bardeaux, France
Stat Med 17:1973-88. 1998..The estimated incidences computed separately for men and women cross and it is verified that a non-proportional hazards model for gender holds; women below 75 have a lower risk than men while women above 75 have a higher risk...
- Mortality with dementia: results from a French prospective community-based cohortC Helmer
INSERM U 330, Universite de Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Am J Epidemiol 154:642-8. 2001..47, 95% CI: 0.27, 0.83). Educational level was not significantly associated with survival in persons with dementia. These results provide further evidence of the malignancy of dementia, which will be a challenge for the 21st century...
- Intake of flavonoids and risk of dementiaD Commenges
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U330, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Epidemiol 16:357-63. 2000..After additional adjustment for gender, education, weight and vitamin C intake, the RR was 0.49 (95% CI: 0.26-0.92; p = 0.04). We conclude that the intake of antioxidant flavonoids is inversely related to the risk of incident dementia...
- Are sex and educational level independent predictors of dementia and Alzheimer's disease? Incidence data from the PAQUID projectL Letenneur
Unité INSERM 330, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 66:177-83. 1999..To examine the age specific risk of Alzheimer's disease according to sex, and to explore the role of education in a cohort of elderly community residents aged 65 years and older...
- Standardized martingale residuals applied to grouped left truncated observations of dementia casesD Commenges
INSERM U330, Bordeaux, France
Lifetime Data Anal 6:229-35. 2000..This method is applied to the study of dementia in a cohort of old people, and to the possible effect of the concentration of aluminum and silica in drinking water on the risk of developing dementia...
- Correction of the P-value after multiple coding of an explanatory variable in logistic regressionB Liquet
INSERM U330, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Stat Med 20:2815-26. 2001..A simulation study has led to a strategy for the choice and number of the different codings of the variable. This method is illustrated using the data of a study of the relation between cholesterol and dementia...
- Maximum likelihood estimation in dynamical models of HIVJ Guedj
INSERM, U875 Biostatistique, Bordeaux, F 33076, France
Biometrics 63:1198-206. 2007..We apply this approach to the analysis of a clinical trial of antiretroviral therapy (ALBI ANRS 070) and we show that the whole algorithm works well in a simulation study...
- A penalized likelihood approach for a progressive three-state model with censored and truncated data: application to AIDSP Joly
INSERM U 330, Universite de Bordeaux II, France
Biometrics 55:887-90. 1999..The intensity functions and the cumulative distribution functions for the time to infection and for the time to AIDS are estimated. Covariates can easily be incorporated into the model...
- PHMPL: a computer program for hazard estimation using a penalized likelihood method with interval-censored and left-truncated dataP Joly
ISPED, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, France
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 60:225-31. 1999..The smoothing parameter is chosen using approximate cross-validation. Confidence bands for the estimator are given. As an illustration, the age-specific incidence of dementia is estimated and one of its risk factors is studied...
- Analysis of the effect of aluminum in drinking water and transferrin C2 allele on Alzheimer's diseaseV Rondeau
INSERM EMI 0338, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurol 13:1022-5. 2006..Logistic regression analysis showed that neither Tf C2 nor its interaction with Al or with the epsilon4 allele of the ApoE were significantly associated with the risk of AD...
- Practical identifiability of HIV dynamics modelsJ Guedj
INSERM, U875 Biostatistique, Bordeaux, 33076, France
Bull Math Biol 69:2493-513. 2007....
- MKVPCI: a computer program for Markov models with piecewise constant intensities and covariatesA Alioum
ISPED and INSERM U330, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 64:109-119. 2001..To illustrate the use of the program, we present a three-state model for analyzing the smoking habits of school children...
- Analysis of left-censored longitudinal data with application to viral load in HIV infectionH Jacqmin-Gadda
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U330, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biostatistics 1:355-68. 2000..Using the proposed method, estimates obtained with data artificially censored at 500 copies/ml were close to those obtained with the real data set...
- Incidence and mortality of Alzheimer's disease or dementia using an illness-death modelD Commenges
INSERM E03 38, ISPED, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux, 33076, France
Stat Med 23:199-210. 2004..The most likely explanation of this result seems to be in a shift in the diagnosis of dementia towards earlier stages of the disease prompted by a change in the perception of dementia and the arrival of new drugs...
- Bootstrap choice of estimators in parametric and semiparametric families: an extension of EICB Liquet
INSERM U330, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Biometrics 59:172-8. 2003..Its use is illustrated by estimating the mean evolution of viral RNA levels in a group of infants infected by HIV...
- A latent process model for joint modeling of events and markerR Hashemi
Razi University, Faculty of Science, Department of Statistics, Bagh e Ahrisham, Kermanshah, Iran
Lifetime Data Anal 9:331-43. 2003..An estimation procedure using joint likelihood and a numerical optimization is described. The method is applied to the study of cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease...