Matthew T Colonnese
- Development of hemodynamic responses and functional connectivity in rat somatosensory cortexMatthew T Colonnese
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:72-9. 2008..With knowledge of the infant BOLD response characteristics, we showed that interhemispheric and higher-order cortical stimulus responses are enhanced during the first several weeks after birth...
- "Slow activity transients" in infant rat visual cortex: a spreading synchronous oscillation patterned by retinal wavesMatthew T Colonnese
Institut de Neurobiology de la Méditérannée, INSERM, Unité 901, 13273 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Neurosci 30:4325-37. 2010..We propose that the synchronous oscillations of SATs participate in the formation of visual circuitry...
- A conserved switch in sensory processing prepares developing neocortex for visionMatthew T Colonnese
INSERM, U901, INMED, Aix Marseille Universite, Faculte des Sciences, 13273 Marseille, France
Neuron 67:480-98. 2010..Thus, the early development of visual processing is governed by a conserved, intrinsic program that switches thalamocortical response properties in anticipation of patterned vision...
- Developmental period for N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-dependent synapse elimination correlated with visuotopic map refinementMatthew T Colonnese
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Department of Biology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4307, USA
J Comp Neurol 494:738-51. 2006..Thus, the period of NMDAR-dependent synaptic destabilization is terminated by a factor related to the density and refinement of retinal arbors...
- A synaptic strategy for consolidation of convergent visuotopic mapsMarnie A Phillips
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Neuron 71:710-24. 2011..These data implicate spike-timing plasticity as a mechanism for cortical input survival, and support a cooperative strategy for retinal and cortical coinnervation of the sSC...
- Auditory stimuli mimicking ambient sounds drive temporal "delta-brushes" in premature infantsMathilde Chipaux
INSERM, U663, Paris, France University Paris Descartes, Paris, France CEA, Neurospin, Gif sur Yvette, France Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e79028. 2013....
- NMDA receptor currents suppress synapse formation on sprouting axons in vivoMatthew T Colonnese
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 25:1291-303. 2005..As the neuropil matures, however, competition for synaptic space suppresses axon sprouting and synapse formation regardless of NMDAR function...
- Reward magnitude tracking by neural populations in ventral striatumAna M Fiallos
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 16 561, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States
Neuroimage . 2016....
- Chronic NMDA receptor blockade from birth delays the maturation of NMDA currents, but does not affect AMPA/kainate currentsMatthew T Colonnese
Department of Biology, Department of Brain and Cognitive Science, and McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:57-68. 2003..Together the present data show that NR function is necessary for subsequent NR current regulation in vivo, but it is not essential for the developmental expression of normal AMPAR currents...