- Suitability of the Clinical Dementia Rating-Sum of Boxes as a single primary endpoint for Alzheimer's disease trialsNicola Coley
University of Toulouse III, France
Alzheimers Dement 7:602-610.e2. 2011..We evaluated the psychometric properties of the Clinical Dementia Rating-Sum of Boxes (CDR-SB) to assess its suitability as a single primary endpoint as an alternative to the traditional co-primary approach...
- How should we deal with missing data in clinical trials involving Alzheimer's disease patients?N Coley
INSERM U558 University of Toulouse III, F 31073, France
Curr Alzheimer Res 8:421-33. 2011..This work highlights the importance of considering the validity of the underlying hypotheses of methods used for handling missing data in AD trials...
- Dementia prevention: methodological explanations for inconsistent resultsNicola Coley
INSERM unit 558, Toulouse, France
Epidemiol Rev 30:35-66. 2008..Because of the multifactorial origin of dementia, it appears that multidomain interventions could be a suitable candidate for preventive interventions, but designing such trials remains very challenging for researchers...
- Long-term progression of Alzheimer's disease in patients under antidementia drugsSophie Gillette-Guyonnet
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Purpan University Hospital, Gerontopole Toulouse University Hospital, France
Alzheimers Dement 7:579-92. 2011..Data regarding the long-term disease progression outside of therapeutic trials are lacking. We examined the effects of standard of care for AD patients on the prognosis of the disease in a real-life study over a 4-year period...
- Predictive factors of discontinuation and switch of cholinesterase inhibitors in community-dwelling patients with Alzheimer's disease: a 2-year prospective, multicentre, cohort studyVirginie Gardette
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Toulouse University Hospital, Université de Toulouse UPS, INSERM U558, Gerontopole, Toulouse, France
CNS Drugs 24:431-42. 2010..There is a lack of data concerning the optimal drug treatment duration and the reasons for discontinuation, particularly outside the clinical trial setting...
- Predictive factors of attrition in a cohort of Alzheimer disease patients. The REAL.FR studyNicola Coley
INSERM, U558, University of Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Neuroepidemiology 31:69-79. 2008..Attrition, i.e. patient dropout, can threaten the validity of results in longitudinal studies. The aim of this study was to identify patient and caregiver factors predictive of attrition in a cohort of Alzheimer disease (AD) patients...
- Improving care of older adults with dementia: description of 6299 hospitalizations over 11 years in a special acute care unitMaria E Soto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Gérontopôle de Toulouse, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:486.e1-6. 2012..To describe hospitalizations in a Special Acute Care inpatient Unit for older adults with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and other related disorders...
- Effectiveness of a specific care plan in patients with Alzheimer's disease: cluster randomised trial (PLASA study)Fati Nourhashemi
Gerontopole, CMRR, Toulouse, France
BMJ 340:c2466. 2010..To test the effectiveness of a comprehensive specific care plan in decreasing the rate of functional decline in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease compared with usual care in memory clinics...
- Assessing Alzheimer's disease patients' quality of life: Discrepancies between patient and caregiver perspectivesSandrine Andrieu
Inserm Toulouse University UMR1027, Toulouse, France CHU Toulouse, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 12:427-37. 2016..Quality of life (QOL) is an important dimension to consider in Alzheimer's disease (AD), but few large-scale studies have analyzed self and caregiver reports of patient QOL...
- Long-term use of standardised Ginkgo biloba extract for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease (GuidAge): a randomised placebo-controlled trialBruno Vellas
INSERM U1027, Toulouse, France
Lancet Neurol 11:851-9. 2012..We aimed to assess efficacy of long-term use of standardised ginkgo biloba extract for the reduction of incidence of Alzheimer's disease in elderly adults with memory complaints...
- GuidAge study: a 5-year double blind, randomised trial of EGb 761 for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease in elderly subjects with memory complaints. i. rationale, design and baseline dataSandrine Andrieu
INSERM, U558, F 31073, Toulouse, France
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:406-15. 2008..5% presented a CDR score of 0.5. This study will enable us to evaluate the efficacy of EGb761 in the prevention of AD, and to assess the usefulness of various baseline characteristics as predictors of conversion to AD in this population...
- Disease modifying trials in Alzheimer's disease: perspectives for the futureBruno Vellas
Gerontopole, CHU Toulouse, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Toulouse, France
J Alzheimers Dis 15:289-301. 2008....
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and progression of Alzheimer's diseaseGabor Abellan van Kan
INSERM U558, Department of Geriatric Medicine, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:240-6. 2009..To assess if cardiovascular disease risk factors (CVDRF) are predictive factors for poorer evolution of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients in terms of cognitive decline...
- Evaluating the clinical relevance of a cognitive composite outcome measure: An analysis of 1414 participants from the 5-year GuidAge Alzheimer's prevention trialNicola Coley
INSERM University of Toulouse, UMR1027, Toulouse, France Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 12:1216-1225. 2016..Composite cognitive scores have been developed as primary outcome measures for preclinical/prevention trials for Alzheimer's disease (AD), mainly using observational data and with little consideration of clinical relevance...
- A Longitudinal Study of Transitions Between Informal and Formal Care in Alzheimer Disease Using Multistate Models in the European ICTUS CohortNicola Coley
INSERM, UMR 1027, Toulouse, France Université Toulouse III, Toulouse, France CHU Toulouse, Service d épidémiologie, Toulouse, France Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 16:1104.e1-7. 2015..We aimed to describe longitudinal patterns of care in community-dwelling European patients with Alzheimer disease (AD), and determine patient-, caregiver-, and country-related predictors of transitions across different care levels...
- Methodological issues in primary prevention trials for neurodegenerative dementiaSandrine Andrieu
INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
J Alzheimers Dis 16:235-70. 2009..Future trials must therefore carefully consider the target population, outcomes and duration of follow-up to be used, and should assess the problem of attrition...
- Prevention of sporadic Alzheimer's disease: lessons learned from clinical trials and future directionsSandrine Andrieu
Inserm UMR1027, F 31073, Toulouse, France University Toulouse III, Toulouse, France Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Lancet Neurol 14:926-44. 2015..Challenges include the use of adaptive trial designs, the development of standardised, sensitive outcome measures, and the need for interventions that can be implemented in resource-poor settings. ..
- Endpoints for trials in Alzheimer's disease: a European task force consensusBruno Vellas
INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
Lancet Neurol 7:436-50. 2008..A clear and consensual definition of endpoints is crucial for the success of further clinical trials in the field and will allow comparison of data across studies...
- Prevention studies in Alzheimer's disease: progress towards the development of new therapeuticsNicola Coley
Inserm UMR1027, 31073, Toulouse, France
CNS Drugs 29:519-28. 2015..The best chance of preventing AD may come from a combination of individual and population prevention approaches. ..