- Automatic segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala driven by hybrid constraints: method and validationM Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, UCL, UK
Neuroimage 46:749-61. 2009..Results were better than with the semi-automatic segmentation, and were also better than atlas-based segmentations for the 16 young subjects...
- Fully automatic hippocampus segmentation and classification in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment applied on data from ADNIMarie Chupin
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, CNRS, UMR S7225, Paris, France
Hippocampus 19:579-87. 2009..The classification proved accurate: 76% of the patients with AD and 71% of the MCI converting to AD before 18 months were correctly classified with respect to the elderly controls, using only hippocampal volume...
- Multidimensional classification of hippocampal shape features discriminates Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment from normal agingEmilie Gerardin
UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR 7225, UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle CRICM, Paris, France
Neuroimage 47:1476-86. 2009..This new method may become a useful tool to assist in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease...
- Discrimination between Alzheimer disease, mild cognitive impairment, and normal aging by using automated segmentation of the hippocampusOlivier Colliot
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR640 LENA, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Radiology 248:194-201. 2008....
- Is hippocampal volume a good marker to differentiate Alzheimer's disease from frontotemporal dementia?Leonardo Cruz de Souza
CRicm, UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UMR S 678, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 36:57-66. 2013..However, these studies did not include patients selected according to clinico-biological criteria, using pathophysiological biomarkers...
- Fully automatic segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala from MRI using hybrid prior knowledgeMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, ION, UCL, London, UK
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:875-82. 2007..001) for Hc and from 81% to 84% (p < 0.002) for Am, with equivalent improvements in volume error...
- Anatomically constrained region deformation for the automated segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala: Method and validation on controls and patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, UCL, UK
Neuroimage 34:996-1019. 2007..The proposed approach provides a new framework for further developments in quantitative analyses of the pathological hippocampus and amygdala in MRI scans...
- Can voxel based morphometry, manual segmentation and automated segmentation equally detect hippocampal volume differences in acute depression?Loretxu Bergouignan
CNRS UMR, Emotion Center, Department of Psychiatry, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuroimage 45:29-37. 2009..Few studies used automated methods such as voxel-based morphometry (VBM) or automated segmentation that can overcome certain drawbacks of manual segmentation (essentially intra- and inter-rater variability and operator time consumption)...
- Distinct patterns of antiamyloid-β antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer diseaseGuillaume Dorothee
INSERM, UMRS938, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 69:1181-5. 2012..To compare serum antiamyloid-β (Aβ) antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- CSF tau markers are correlated with hippocampal volume in Alzheimer's diseaseLeonardo C de Souza
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de Moelle épinière, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 33:1253-7. 2012..The CSF tau and P-tau levels, but not the CSF Aβ(42) level, correlated with HV, suggesting that CSF tau markers reflect the neuronal loss associated with the physiopathological process of AD...
- Automatic classification of patients with Alzheimer's disease from structural MRI: a comparison of ten methods using the ADNI databaseRémi Cuingnet
UPMC Universite Paris 6, UMR 7225, UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, Paris, France
Neuroimage 56:766-81. 2011..DARTEL significantly improved six out of 20 classification experiments and led to lower results in only two cases. Overall, the use of feature selection did not improve the performance but substantially increased the computation times...
- The amnestic syndrome of hippocampal type in Alzheimer's disease: an MRI studyMarie Sarazin
CRICM UPMC Inserm UMR 975 Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 22:285-94. 2010..In AD, the FCSRT may be considered as a useful clinical marker of memory disorders due to medial temporal damage, specially the CA1 field of the hippocampus...
- Sulcal morphology as a new imaging marker for the diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's diseaseLorraine Hamelin
Department of Neurology of Memory and Language, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR S894, Centre Hospitalier Sainte Anne, Paris, France Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière, ICM, Paris, France Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 36:2932-9. 2015..In contrast, in older patients, the risk of over-diagnosis from using only sulcal enlargement is important. ..
- Breast cancer affects both the hippocampus volume and the episodic autobiographical memory retrievalLoretxu Bergouignan
CNRS USR 3246, CR Icm, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25349. 2011..This exception may be due to the fact that, consequently to the cancer experience as such, this population might already be characterized by a reduced hippocampus with an episodic autobiographical memory deficit...
- Distinct structural changes underpin clinical phenotypes in patients with Gilles de la Tourette syndromeYulia Worbe
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM CIC 9503, Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AssistancePublique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Brain 133:3649-60. 2010....
- MEG evidence for dynamic amygdala modulations by gaze and facial emotionsThibaud Dumas
CNRS, UMR 7225, CRicm, Paris, France INSERM, U 975, Paris, France Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, UMR_S 975, and Centre MEG CENIR, Paris, France CNRS, USR 3246, Centre Emotion, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e74145. 2013....
- Brain networks in posterior cortical atrophy: a single case tractography study and literature reviewRaffaella Migliaccio
INSERM UPMC UMRS 975, CR Icm, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Cortex 48:1298-309. 2012..These data suggest that selective visuo-spatial deficits typical of PCA might not result from cortical damage alone, but by a right-lateralized network-level dysfunction including WM damage along the major visual pathways...
- 2D harmonic filtering of MR phase images in multicenter clinical setting: toward a magnetic signature of cerebral microbleedsTakoua Kaaouana
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR S 1127, ICM, F 75013, Paris, France INSERM, U1127, F 75013, Paris, France CNRS, UMR 7225, F 75013, Paris, France ICM, 75013, Paris, France INRIA Paris Rocquencourt, 75013, Paris, France CATI, Paris, France Electronic address
Neuroimage 104:287-300. 2015....
- Contrast-based fully automatic segmentation of white matter hyperintensities: method and validationThomas Samaille
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48953. 2012..87-0.91 for kNN; 0.89-0.94 for SVM. Mean SI: 0.63-0.71 for kNN, 0.67-0.72 for SVM), and did not need any training set...
- Robust imaging of hippocampal inner structure at 7T: in vivo acquisition protocol and methodological choicesLinda Marrakchi-Kacem
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR S 1127, ICM, Sorbonne Universités, 75013, Paris, France
MAGMA 29:475-89. 2016..Motion-robust multi-slab imaging of hippocampal inner structure in vivo at 7T...
- Donepezil decreases annual rate of hippocampal atrophy in suspected prodromal Alzheimer's diseaseBruno Dubois
institut de la mémoire et de la maladie d Alzheimer IM2A, Departement de Neurologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France INSERM, CNRS, UMR S975, Institut du Cerveau et de la Moëlle épinière ICM, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 11:1041-9. 2015..The purpose of this study was to study the effect of donepezil on the rate of hippocampal atrophy in prodromal Alzheimer's disease (AD)...