Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Successful treatment of lupus with fludarabineJ F Viallard
Clinique de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Lupus 8:767-9. 1999..A total of 6 cycles were administered. The evolution was complicated by herpes zoster infection and left pneumococcal pneumonia. At this time of writing (July 1999), the patient is symptom free but is profoundly lymphopenic...
- HLA-DR expression on lymphocyte subsets as a marker of disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJ F Viallard
Clinique de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Clin Exp Immunol 125:485-91. 2001..A larger prospective study is needed to demonstrate the real efficacy of this marker in predicting an exacerbation in SLE patients...
- [Pathogenic links between Kikuchi's disease and lupus: a report of three new cases]C Leyral
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Rev Med Interne 26:651-5. 2005..The diagnosis is based on the histological examination of a lymph node biopsy. The disease course is usually uneventful, but sometimes Kikuchi-Fujimoto's disease can reveal or evolve into a cutaneous or a systemic lupus...
- Successful cidofovir therapy of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy preceding angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomaJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Haut Lévâque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1659-62. 2005....
- [When to suspect a diagnosis of congenital inherited thrombocytopenia? Or when a low-platelet level does not mean immune thrombocytopenic purpura]J F Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital du Haut leveque, 5 Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Rev Med Interne 28:S312-4. 2007
- Treatment with Hizentra in patients with primary and secondary immunodeficiencies: a real-life, non-interventional trialJ F Viallard
centre hospitalier universitaire Haut Lévêque, 5, Avenue de Magellan, 33604, Pessac Cedex, France
BMC Immunol 17:34. 2016....
- T-cell activation discriminates subclasses of symptomatic primary humoral immunodeficiency diseases in adultsMarie Quitterie Picat
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux F 33076, France
BMC Immunol 15:13. 2014....
- Steady-state mycophenolate mofetil pharmacokinetic parameters enable prediction of systemic lupus erythematosus clinical flares: an observational cohort studySarah Djabarouti
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et Pharmacie Clinique EA2968, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R217. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) pharmacokinetics (PK) under combined MMF and prednisone remission-maintenance therapy can predict systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) clinical flares...
- Altered dendritic cell distribution in patients with common variable immunodeficiencyJean Francois Viallard
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Haut Leveque Hospital, Pessac, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1052-5. 2005..In contrast, patients with normal numbers of switched memory B cells had a DC distribution pattern similar to that in controls. Taken together, our results raise the possibility that innate immunity contributes to pathogenesis in CVID...
- CD8+HLA-DR+ T lymphocytes are increased in common variable immunodeficiency patients with impaired memory B-cell differentiationJean Francois Viallard
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Haut Leveque Hospital, 5, Avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Clin Immunol 119:51-8. 2006..Combining the set of markers described herein might better define homogeneous groups of patients for etiological studies and clearly segregate patients with clinical complications...
- JC virus meningitis in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosusJ F Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac Cedex, France
Lupus 14:964-6. 2005..Our observation demonstrates the expanding clinical importance of JCV in autoimmune diseases, and diagnostic tests for JCV should be included in the investigative work-up for meningitis or encephalitis in these patients...
- Improvement of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy after cidofovir therapy in a patient with a destructive polyarthritisJ F Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, 5, Avenue de Magellan, Pessac Cedex, France
Infection 35:33-6. 2007....
- [Subacute necrotizing lymphadenitis or Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease]Jean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac
Presse Med 36:1683-93. 2007..The course is usually benign with resolution in a few months with the use of antiinflammatory drugs. Regular follow-up is required because SLE may develop several years after the onset of Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease...
- Thymoma-associated neuromyotonia with antibodies against voltage-gated potassium channels presenting as chronic intestinal pseudo-obstructionJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Eur Neurol 53:60-3. 2005....
- Severe prolonged red blood cell aplasia and thrombocytopenia induced by parvovirus B19 infection in a patient with sarcoidosisJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre François Magendie, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Infect Dis 36:229-33. 2003..Because hematopoietic suppression by IFN-gamma has been reported, a possible mechanism underlying reticulocytopenia and thrombocytopenia could involve IFN-gamma...
- Increased soluble and platelet-associated CD40 ligand in essential thrombocythemia and reactive thrombocytosisJean Francois Viallard
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Haut Leveque, 5 avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Blood 99:2612-4. 2002..In conclusion, platelets appear as a reservoir of CD40L that may be a major contributor to circulating sCD40L. Platelet-associated CD40L may be a potential marker of platelet regeneration...
- Glomerulonephritis caused by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans mimicking c-ANCA-positive vasculitisJean Francois Viallard
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Avenue de Magellan, F 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:663-5. 2002
- Reversible myelofibrosis induced by tuberculosisJean Francois Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Clin Infect Dis 34:1641-3. 2002..We describe the case of a 28-year-old man in whom myelofibrosis disappeared completely after administration of antituberculous treatment, which suggests that a causal relationship exists between the 2 disease entities...
- Gammadelta T lymphocytosis associated with granulomatous disease in a patient with common variable immunodeficiencyJean Francois Viallard
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre François Magendie, 33604 Pessac, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:e134-7. 2002..In the peripheral blood, there was a massive increase in the number of double-negative CD3+ T cells that expressed the gammadelta T cell receptor...
- [Endocarditis due to Pasteurella sp. Two cases]F Camou
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Haut Levêque, Avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 35:556-9. 2005..The total death rate is 40% and can reach 57% of cases in case of immunodepression. The bad prognosis of this infection, justifies an early diagnosis and a rapid and adapted but not yet consensual medicosurgical treatment...
- Clinical and laboratory findings of cytomegalovirus infection in 115 hospitalized non-immunocompromised adultsF Bonnet
Fédération de médecine interne, Maladies Infectieuses et Pathologies Tropicales, Hôpital Saint André, 33075 Bordeaux cedex
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 152:227-35. 2001..Cytomegalovirus infection should be mainly suspected in any patient with persistent fever, isolated or associated with signs of poor specificity, or in some patients with visceral manifestations of initially unknown origin...
- [Molecular mechanisms controlling the cell cycle: fundamental aspects and implications for oncology]J F Viallard
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Centre François Magendie, Hopital du Haut leveque, 5, Avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Cancer Radiother 5:109-29. 2001..This review first summarizes major advances in the understanding of the control of cell cycle mechanisms. Examples of how this control is altered in tumoral cells are then described...
- Hepatitis C virus infection with and without cryoglobulinemia as a case of Churg-Strauss syndromeP Mercie
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
J Rheumatol 27:814-7. 2000..These observations suggest that IFN-alpha therapy may be effective against CSS in HCV infected patients with or without cryoglobulinemia...