Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- ["Red flags": when to be alerted and how to explore?]F Tison
Service de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:775-8. 2010..Some tests may also support the diagnosis, among them, structural (MRI) and functional brain imaging, autonomic function tests and urodynamics, oculographic recordings and neuropsychological work-up, are the most useful...
- A Phase 2A Trial of the Novel mGluR5-Negative Allosteric Modulator Dipraglurant for Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson's DiseaseFrancois Tison
Universite de Bordeaux, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 31:1373-80. 2016..The objective of this study was to assess the safety, tolerability (primary objective), and efficacy (secondary objective) of dipraglurant on levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Simvastatin decreases levodopa-induced dyskinesia in monkeys, but not in a randomized, placebo-controlled, multiple cross-over ("n-of-1") exploratory trial of simvastatin against levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease patientsFrancois Tison
Universite de Bordeaux, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, UMR 5293, Bordeaux, France
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 19:416-21. 2013..Simvastatin may improve levodopa-induced dyskinesia through striatal Ras-extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway modulation...
- [Treatment of later phases of Parkinson disease]F Tison
Departement de Neurologie, CHU de Bordeaux, GH Sud, Hopital Haut Leveque, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:F85-8. 2008
- Hearing and seeing: Unusual early signs of Wernicke encephalopathyO Flabeau
Department of Neurology, Hopital du Haut leveque, University Bordeaux 2, Avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Neurology 71:694. 2008
- [Parkinson's disease and associated disorders]Francois Tison
Service de Neurologie, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex
Rev Prat 55:741-7. 2005..Sleep disorders are common in Parkinson's disease and are associated with reduced quality of life and increased risk of vehicle accident particularly when excessive daytime somnolence occurs...
- [Diagnostic criteria of parkinsonian syndromes]F Tison
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:3S19-23. 2003..Despite progress in designing validated clinical diagnosis criteria, such diseases remain difficult to diagnose in their early course...
- Parkinsonism in multiple system atrophy: natural history, severity (UPDRS-III), and disability assessment compared with Parkinson's diseaseFrancois Tison
Federation de Neurologie, Epidémiologie et Biostatistiques Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 17:701-9. 2002..It also indicates that the UPDRS-III provides a useful severity measure of parkinsonism in MSA, albeit contaminated by additional cerebellar dysfunction...
- Application of the International Cooperative Ataxia Scale rating in multiple system atrophyFrancois Tison
Federation de Neurologie, Epidémiologie et Biostatistiques Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 17:1248-54. 2002..The ICARS appears a useful tool to extract and rate the severity of cerebellar signs in MSA; however, it is clearly contaminated by parkinsonian features...
- Validation of the French version of the MSA health-related Quality of Life scale (MSA-QoL)W G Meissner
Service de Neurologie, Centre de référence atrophie multisystématisée, centre de reference AMS, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:53-8. 2013..The objective of the present study was to validate the French version of the MSA-QoL questionnaire...
- [Deep-brain stimulation of the internal pallidum in multiple system atrophy]V Lambrecq
Departement de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:398-402. 2008..The experience with deep-brain stimulation (DBS) in multiple-system atrophy (MSA) is sparse and generally disappointing. DBS is currently not recommended in MSA and its use is often related to a misdiagnosis...
- Deep brain pallidal stimulation for movement disorders in neuroacanthocytosisD Guehl
Department of Neurosurgery, Centre Hospitalier Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 68:160-1. 2007
- [Progressive supranuclear palsy: a clinical, natural history and disability study]F Macia
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Haut Leveque
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:31-42. 2003..Non specific visual complains could be useful pointers in the absence of supranuclear ophthalmoplegia. MRI contributes to the clinical diagnosis even in the first 3 years of the disease course...
- A long-term follow-up of weight changes in subthalamic nucleus stimulated Parkinson's disease patientsA Foubert-Samier
INSERM U897, Department of Neurology, University Hospital and Bordeaux 2 University, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 168:173-6. 2012..It may expose them to complications that should be considered for prevention and the patient's information before surgery...
- Epidemiology of multiple system atrophy: a prevalence and pilot risk factor study in Aquitaine, FranceV Chrysostome
Federation of Neurology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Neuroepidemiology 23:201-8. 2004..PD patients were significantly less frequently ever-smokers than controls and the same tendency was observed for MSA patients. We also described the clinical features that heralded the disease among this nonselected population...
- [Epidemiology of restless legs syndrome]I Ghorayeb
Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:641-9. 2009..The International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group has established four essential criteria for clinical diagnosis of RLS...
- A 15-year population-based cohort study of the incidence of Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies in an elderly French cohortF Perez
Parkinson s Disease and Related Disorders Unit, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 81:742-6. 2010..To provide global and age-related incidence over 65 years of Parkinsonian syndromes (PS), Parkinson's disease (PD) and suspected dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB)...
- Side-effects of subthalamic stimulation in Parkinson's disease: clinical evolution and predictive factorsD Guehl
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Rabat Leon, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Neurol 13:963-71. 2006..Age, intensity of axial symptoms and UDPRS II off-medication score before surgery are predictive factors of dysarthria/hypophonia and postural instability after surgery...
- Dependency in Parkinson's disease: a population-based survey in nondemented elderly subjectsF Tison
Department of Neurology, Pellegrin Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 12:910-5. 1997..Institutionalization occurred over four times more frequently in the PD group than in the general population, but no specific factor of institutionalization was noted...
- [Assessment of hyper- and hypodopaminergic behaviors in Parkinson's disease]C Ardouin
INSERM U836, Service de Neurologie, CHU de Grenoble, Université de Grenoble, Pavillon de Neurologie, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:845-56. 2009....
- Evolution of postural stability after subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson's disease: a combined clinical and posturometric studyD Guehl
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, CNRS UMR 5543, Universite de Bordeaux, 2, Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux, France
Exp Brain Res 170:206-15. 2006..The occurrence of postural and balance disorders is a frequent feature in advanced forms of Parkinson's disease (PD). However, the pathological substrate of these disturbances is poorly understood...
- [Multiple system atrophy: prognostic factors in the "MSA-Aquitaine" cohort]E Krim
Departement de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 163:54-65. 2007..Factors predicting survival in MSA are not fully established. We investigated the survival and prognostic factors of MSA in the cohort "MSA-Aquitaine"...
- Progressive bulbospinal amyotrophy in triple A syndrome with AAAS gene mutationC Goizet
Service de Génétique Médicale Drs Goizet and Lacombe, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 58:962-5. 2002..We describe the neurologic phenotype of the first adult case of 3A syndrome presenting bulbospinal amyotrophy as the prominent sign in association with a homozygous nonsense mutation identified in the AAAS gene...
- [Epidemiology of Parkinsonian syndromes]V Chrysostome
Departement de Neurologie, CH Pellegrin, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:343-52. 2003
- Epidemiology of restless legs syndrome in French adults: a nationwide survey: the INSTANT StudyF Tison
Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
Neurology 65:239-46. 2005..To evaluate the prevalence, characteristics, and treatment of restless legs syndrome (RLS) in France...
- The restless legs syndromeG Barriere
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, UMR CNRS 5543, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Prog Neurobiol 77:139-65. 2005..The present review suggests that RLS is a complex disorder that may result from a complex dysfunction of interacting neuronal networks at one or several levels of the CNS and involving numerous neurotransmitter systems...
- [Contribution and limitations of evaluation scales in Parkinson's disease]F Tison
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, USN, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex
Rev Neurol (Paris) 156:76-80. 2000..For clinical research purposes, time tests and dyskinesia scales following the CAPIT or CAPSIT procedure are required...
- Age-related motor dysfunction and neuropathology in a transgenic mouse model of multiple system atrophyP O Fernagut
Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Universite de Bordeaux, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France CNRS, Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Synapse 68:98-106. 2014..These data indicate that PLP-SYN mice may recapitulate some of the progressive features of MSA and deliver endpoints for the evaluation of therapeutic strategies...
- Routine MRI for the differential diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, MSA, PSP, and CBDF Yekhlef
Federation de Neurologie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
J Neural Transm 110:151-69. 2003..These results are in accordance with the underlying pathology found in these disorders and demonstrate that a simple MRI scoring procedure may help the neurologist to differentiate primary causes of parkinsonism in everyday practice...
- [Changes in clinical diagnostic criteria for multiple system atrophy]F Tison
Service de Neurologie, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 156:711-7. 2000..In this article, we review and comment the different criteria for the clinical diagnosis of MSA...
- Sleep disorders in multiple system atrophyI Ghorayeb
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles du Système Nerveux, Bordeaux, France
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 112:1669-75. 2005..The pathophysiology of both disorders is partially elucidated but increasing evidence points to the role of basal ganglia dysfunction...
- Clozapine in drug induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease: a randomised, placebo controlled study with open follow upP Pollak
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:689-95. 2004..To compare the efficacy and safety of clozapine in drug induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Animal models of multiple system atrophyP O Fernagut
Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives, Universite de Bordeaux, UMR 5293, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Neuroscience 211:77-82. 2012..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Neuroscience Disease Models...