Jean Paul Stahl
Affiliation: CHU de Grenoble
- Update on human rabies in a dog- and fox-rabies-free countryJ P Stahl
Maladies infectieuses et centre antirabique, CHU, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble, France Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 44:292-301. 2014..Rabies is responsible for 50,000 deaths per year worldwide. Mainland France has been officially freed from rabies in non-flying animals since 2001...
- The impact of the web and social networks on vaccination. New challenges and opportunities offered to fight against vaccine hesitancyJ P Stahl
Infectious Diseases Department, University of Grenoble, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble, France Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 46:117-22. 2016..We aimed to describe the significant role of social networks and the Internet on vaccine hesitancy, and more generally on vaccine attitudes and behaviors...
- Adult patients hospitalized for measles in France, in the 21st centuryJ P Stahl
Infectious Diseases, Joseph Fourier University 1, CHU, 38043 Grenoble, France Electronic address
Med Mal Infect 43:410-6. 2013..An epidemic of measles broke out in France in 2008. We designed a retrospective study focusing on adults hospitalized for measles in 2010/2011...
- Vaccination against meningococcus C. vaccinal coverage in the French target populationJ P Stahl
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, université 1 de Grenoble, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble, France
Med Mal Infect 43:75-80. 2013..It has been reimbursed since January 2010. We had for aim to assess the vaccine coverage in 2011...
- [Infectious encephalitis]Jean Paul Stahl
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Grenoble et université Grenoble 1, 38043 Grenoble Cedex
Rev Prat 61:1353-7. 2011..Auto-antibodies encephalitis and ADEM, although not infectious diseases, can mimick viral encephalitis and should be included in the differential diagnosis of encephalitis patients...
- [Acute infectious encephalitis and pathogens coming from animals]Jean Paul Stahl
CHU Michallon, Grenoble Cedex, France
Medicina (Kaunas) 44:821-6. 2008..Three levels of etiological tests are proposed, from the most common infections and those, which required an immediate treatment, to the rarest ones...
- [Treatment of community acquired bacterial meningitis, after microbiological identification]J P Stahl
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU et université Joseph Fourier, 38043 Grenoble, France
Med Mal Infect 39:513-20. 2009..Are the 1996 SPILF consensus conference recommendations on bacterial meningitis (BM) still adequate?..
- Maximizing positive outcomes for patients with staphylococcal infectionsJ P Stahl
Infectious Diseases Centre, Grenoble University, Grenoble, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:26-32. 2009....
- [Epidemiology, control and treatments of antimicrobial resistances: highlights of the 45th ICAAC, Washington, 2005]J P Stahl
Service de Médecine Infectieuse, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38 043 Grenoble cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:290-6. 2006....
- [What we know and don't know about the risk of human infection due to H5N1 avian virus, in France and Europe]J P Stahl
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 35:560-1. 2005
- [Tigecycline: a new antibiotic in ongoing clinical development]J P Stahl
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Grenoble, BP217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 35:62-7. 2005....
- [Herpetic meningo-encephalitis]J P Stahl
CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:469-71. 2002..The gold standard assay for the diagnosis is PCR on CSF. However, one should not wait for the result of this assay to initiate an antiviral treatment, using i.v. aciclovir...
- [Antibiotic treatment of bacterial meningitis]Jean Paul Stahl
Service d Infectiologie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043, Grenoble Cedex 09
Rev Prat 54:963-7. 2004..Non-antibiotic drugs are now validated and very useful adjunctive treatment...
- [Infectious meningitis and meningo-encephalitis in children and adults]Jean Paul Stahl
Service de maladies infectieuses et de médecine tropicale CHU de Grenoble, hôpital Michallon 38043 Grenoble
Rev Prat 53:791-8. 2003
- A prospective follow-up of Epstein-Barr virus LMP1 genotypes in saliva and blood during infectious mononucleosisSamira Fafi-Kremer
Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Universite Joseph Fourier, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
J Infect Dis 192:2108-11. 2005..Furthermore, transmission of a minor strain was observed between partners in a heterosexual couple. There was no correlation between multiple infections and EBV DNA load in either compartment...
- Requesting physicians' experiences regarding infectious disease consultationsPatricia Pavese
Infectious Diseases Unit, Grenoble University Hospital, F 38043, Grenoble, France
BMC Infect Dis 11:62. 2011..Solicited consultations constitute a substantial workload for infectious disease (ID) specialists in the hospital setting. The objectives of this survey were to describe requesting physicians' experiences regarding ID consultations...
- Evaluation of glycopeptide prescription and therapeutic drug monitoring at a university hospitalMatthieu Roustit
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Pôle Médecine Aigue et Communautaire, CHU de Grenoble, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Scand J Infect Dis 42:177-84. 2010..In conclusion, we show a satisfactory appropriateness of glycopeptide prescription. However, the adequacy of dose regimens must be improved. Finally, TDM does not comply with recent recommendations in most cases...
- Infectious encephalitis in france in 2007: a national prospective studyAlexandra Mailles
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint Maurice, Grenoble, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1838-47. 2009..We designed a national prospective study in France in 2007 to describe patients with encephalitis, investigate the etiologic diagnosis of encephalitis, and assess risk factors associated with death...
- Herpes simplex type 2 encephalitis and methotrexate medication: a fortuitous or causative association in a patient with spondyloarthritis?Julien Lupo
Laboratory of Virology, University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Antivir Ther . 2016..Here we discuss the possible role of low-dose MTX therapy as a risk factor of neurological herpes reactivation and severe disease. The host-related and viral risk factors are also addressed...
- Fatal adenoviral and enteroviral infections and an Epstein-Barr virus positive large B-cell lymphoma after alemtuzumab treatment in a patient with refractory Sézary syndromeNathalie Roch
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Scand J Infect Dis 40:343-6. 2008..We report adenoviral and enteroviral infections and an EBV positive B-cell lymphoma after alemtuzumab therapy. These fatal opportunistic complications have been rarely, if ever, reported before...
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm and Coxiella burnetii infection: report of three cases and review of the literatureCarmine Sessa
Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Grenoble, France
J Vasc Surg 42:153-8. 2005..Aortic aneurysm resection is mandatory to cure the chronic infection and must be associated with long-term antibiotic therapy...
- [Adequacy of new systemic antifungal agents prescriptions in a teaching hospital]P Pavese
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Michallon, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 37:S223-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the adequacy and the conformity of prescriptions of new systemic antifungal drugs to guidelines and scientific data...
- [Subcutaneous abcesses due to Mycobacterium avium due to a reconstitution syndrome in AIDS patients]M Guillaume
Services des Maladies Infectieuses, département de médecine aiguë et spécialisée DMAS, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, BP217, 38043 Grenoble 38 cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 36:429-31. 2006..avium have now been described, but cutaneous localisations remain infrequent. The treatment consists in HAART continuation associated with anti mycobacterial antibiotics and possibly anti inflammatory drugs...
- The changing pattern of Fusobacterium infections in humans: recent experience with Fusobacterium bacteraemiaO Epaulard
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Département de Médecine Aiguë Spécialisée, Center Hoispitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:178-81. 2006..Only one patient presented with a classic Lemierre's syndrome. These results suggest an opportunistic pattern of modern fusobacterium infections...
- Infective endocarditis-related stroke: diagnostic delay and prognostic factorsOlivier Epaulard
Infectious Diseases Unit, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Scand J Infect Dis 41:558-62. 2009..In conclusion, infective endocarditis diagnosis is frequently delayed in patients presenting with stroke, particularly if blood cultures are sterile. The risk of delayed stroke after valvular surgery must be considered...
- Factors and outcomes associated with physicians' adherence to recommendations of infectious disease consultations for inpatientsElodie Sellier
University Hospital, Grenoble, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:156-62. 2010..The objectives of the study were to identify the factors associated with adherence and to determine whether adherence to recommendations was associated with better clinical outcomes...
- Treatment of tularemia in pregnant woman, FranceCharlotte Dentan
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Emerg Infect Dis 19:996-8. 2013..Azithromycin represents a first-line treatment option for tularemia during pregnancy in regions where the infecting strains of Francisella tularensis have no natural resistance to macrolides...
- [Adequacy of antibiotic therapy to guidelines for urinary tract infection in hospital]N Saurel
Unité de qualitique et d évaluation médicale, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 36:369-74. 2006..We estimated the adequacy of antibiotic therapy to guidelines for nosocomial and community-acquired urinary tract infections in hospital...
- Mumps outbreak and laboratory diagnosisMylène Maillet
Infectious Diseases Department, Grenoble University Hospital, France Electronic address
J Clin Virol 62:14-9. 2015..Biological diagnosis is classically based on the detection of mumps-specific IgM, but the ability of serological tests to confirm mumps infection seems to be limited among vaccinated patients...
- Long-term shedding of infectious epstein-barr virus after infectious mononucleosisSamira Fafi-Kremer
Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire et Structurale, EA 2939, Universite Joseph Fourier, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
J Infect Dis 191:985-9. 2005..These data show that patients with IM remain highly infectious during convalescence...
- Treatment of imported malaria in adults: a multicentre study in FranceS Ranque
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Marseille, France
QJM 98:737-43. 2005..In 1999, a French consensus development conference published guidelines for the prevention and treatment of imported P. falciparum malaria. The impact of these guidelines has not been evaluated...
- [A severe form of Chryseobacterium indologenes pneumonia in an immunocompetent patient]I Reynaud
Réanimation chirurgicale et polyvalente, Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217 X, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 37:762-4. 2007..In the case we report, the diagnosis was made according to the results of bronchial sample bacterial culture. This case report underlines the need for specific management of patients infected with this species...
- [Consultations with infectious disease specialists for patients in a teaching hospital: Adherence in 174 cases]Marie Méan
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Département de Médecine Aiguë et Spécialisée
Presse Med 35:1461-6. 2006....