Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- [An atypical infectious paraplegia]I Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:77-9. 2003..Little clinical improvement was observed with antibiotic therapy, but the neuroradiological course was favorable...
- Antiplatelet drug discontinuation is a risk factor for ischemic strokeIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 62:1187-9. 2004..0001). This temporal pattern has biologic plausibility because the inhibited platelets circulate in the blood for about 10 days...
- Hypertension and progressive supranuclear palsy: is everything so clear?Igor Sibon
Mov Disord 19:1259-61. 2004
- Magnetization transfer imaging shows tissue abnormalities in the reversible penumbraThomas Tourdias
CHU de Bordeaux, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Service de Neuroradiologie Diagnostique et Therapeutique, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Stroke 38:3165-71. 2007..Using magnetization transfer imaging, very sensitive to macromolecular disruption, we investigated whether FLAIR normalization was a good marker for tissue full recovery...
- Evolution of depression symptoms following stroke: a prospective study using computerized ambulatory monitoringIgor Sibon
University of Bordeaux, National Center for Scientific Research INCIA, CNRS 5287, Bordeaux, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:280-5. 2012..The current study uses state-of-the-art computerized ambulatory monitoring techniques to assess daily life depression symptoms following stroke and examines the evolution of depression levels over a three-month period...
- Magnetisation transfer parameters and stroke outcomeI Sibon
Unité Neurovasculaire, Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, Hopital Pellegrin, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Université Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux 33076, France Electronic address
J Clin Neurosci 22:1012-7. 2015..MTI and related parameters could be used as surrogate markers of treatment response in stroke clinical trials...
- [Pulmonary venous thrombosis and neoplasia related cerebrovascular ischaemic events]I Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:462-4. 2004..Stroke in patients with malignant tumor are associated with various aetiologies. We report a case of lung adnocarcinoma with pulmonary vein thrombosis appending into the left atrial revealed by multiple cerebral infarcts...
- Use of the Triage Stroke Panel in a neurologic emergency serviceIgor Sibon
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Bordeaux University Hospital, France
Am J Emerg Med 27:558-62. 2009..We evaluated the additive accuracy of the Triage Stroke Panel (D-dimer, B-natriuretic peptide, matrix metalloproteinase 9, and S-100beta) to the triaging nurse for acute stroke diagnosis...
- Inter- and intraobserver reliability of five MRI sequences in the evaluation of the final volume of cerebral infarctIgor Sibon
CHU Bordeaux, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Bordeaux, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:1280-4. 2009..To evaluate the reproducibility of fluid attenuated inversion recovery (FLAIR) and four other magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequences in the quantitative assessment of final cerebral infarct volume...
- COL4A1 mutation in Axenfeld-Rieger anomaly with leukoencephalopathy and strokeIgor Sibon
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Fédération des Neurosciences Cliniques, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Ann Neurol 62:177-84. 2007..Some of them have ophthalmological, mainly retinal, manifestations. Herein, we report on a family affected by vascular leukoencephalopathy and variable abnormalities of the anterior chamber of the eye...
- Lysyl oxidase deficiency: a new cause of human arterial dissectionI Sibon
CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Heart 91:e33. 2005..Both approaches found a dramatic LOX decrease. LOX deficiency has a major role in human arterial wall organisation during development. The suspected mechanism is an elastin or collagen polymer cross linking deficiency...
- [Stroke-like presentation of cerebral lymphoma]I Sibon
Fédération des Neurosciences Cliniques
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:74-7. 2005..The clinical presentation of primary cerebral lymphoma can take on many forms...
- Distressing belching and neuroacanthocytosisIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Mov Disord 19:856-9. 2004..We report on an uncommon manifestation of molecularly proven neuroacanthocytosis in a 32-year-old man in whom dyspnea with desaturation while awake accompanied by continuous involuntary belching were the major consequences of the disease...
- Risus sardonicus after thalamic haemorrhageIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 19:829-31. 2004..Electromyographic study revealed a bilateral facial dystonia. The association of this bilateral facial dystonia and vertical gaze palsy produced the aspect of a "risus sardonicus."..
- Successful treatment of hypnic headache syndrome with acetazolamideIgor Sibon
Group Hospitalier Pellegrin, Service de Neurologie du Professeur Orgogozo, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 61:1157-8. 2003
- Early diagnosis of spinal cord infarct using magnetic resonance diffusion imagingIgor Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, Hospital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neurology 61:1622. 2003
- [Recurrent catamenial encephalopathy secondary to toxic shock syndrome]I Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:697-9. 2004..Neurological clinical manifestations are often observed in toxic shock syndromes. However they unusually dominate the clinical picture...
- Ophthalmological features associated with COL4A1 mutationsIsabelle Coupry
Laboratoire de Génétique Humaine, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Arch Ophthalmol 128:483-9. 2010..To investigate the wide variability of ocular manifestations associated with mutations in the COL4A1 gene that encodes collagen IValpha1...
- Early Fiber Number Ratio Is a Surrogate of Corticospinal Tract Integrity and Predicts Motor Recovery After StrokeAntoine Bigourdan
From the Université de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France A B, F M, P C, C R G G, V D, I S, T T CHU de Bordeaux, Neuroimagerie Diagnostique et Thérapeutique, Bordeaux, France A B, F M, V D, T T INSERM, U1215, Neurocentre Magendie, Bordeaux, France F M, V D, T T LaBRI, UMR 5800, PICTURA, Talence, France P C Center for Neurological Imaging, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA C R G G CHU de Bordeaux, Unité Neurovasculaire, Bordeaux, France S S, P R, S D, M P, Department of Physiology
Stroke 47:1053-9. 2016..The contribution of imaging metrics to predict poststroke motor recovery needs to be clarified. We tested the added value of early diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) of the corticospinal tract toward predicting long-term motor recovery...
- Subacute default mode network dysfunction in the prediction of post-stroke depression severitySaioa Lassalle-Lagadec
Université Bordeaux2, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Radiology 264:218-24. 2012....
- Stroke Location Is an Independent Predictor of Cognitive OutcomeFanny Munsch
From the Université de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France F M, C R G, V D, I S, T T Neuroimagerie diagnostique et thérapeutique F M, A B, V D, T T, Unité neurovasculaire S S, S D, M P, P R, I S, and Pôle de santé publique, Unité de Soutien Méthodologique à la Recherche Clinique et Epidémiologique J A, P P, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France INSERM, U862, Neurocentre Magendie, Bordeaux, France F M, V D, T T Center for Neurological Imaging, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA C R G and INCIA, Bordeaux, France I S
Stroke 47:66-73. 2016..We investigated whether stroke location may contribute independent prognostic value to multifactorial predictive models of functional and cognitive outcomes...
- Normal cerebrovascular reactivity in Stroke-like Migraine Attacks after Radiation Therapy syndromeKarim Farid
CHU de Bordeaux, Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Bordeaux, France
Clin Nucl Med 35:583-5. 2010..These findings do not support a vascular mechanism in SMART syndrome. Postradiation neuronal dysfunction may be the underlying mechanism. Further investigations on larger series are needed to confirm this hypothesis...
- Interest of Antiplatelet Drug Testing after an Acute Ischemic StrokeCyrielle Coignion
Universitx00E9 de Bordeaux, Hx00F4 pital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Eur Neurol 74:135-9. 2015..Stroke occurrence despite chronic antiplatelet drug (APD) treatment is frequent. We aimed at evaluating the relevance of platelet aggregation testing in the identification of stroke etiology in this context...
- Rheumatologic and neurological events in an elderly patient with tricho-rhino-phalangeal syndrome type IMarjory Rué
Pôle des Neurosciences Cliniques, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Eur J Med Genet 54:e405-8. 2011..Here, we described a 64-year-old woman with molecularly proved TRPS I and several atypical late-onset rheumatologic and neurological symptoms...
- Brain dopaminergic modulation associated with executive function in Parkinson's diseaseKarim Farid
CNRS UMR 5231, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 24:1962-9. 2009..These results support the idea of a critical role for dopamine in the control of executive functions in patients with PD...
- Reliability of the ECASS radiological classification of postthrombolysis brain haemorrhage: a comparison of CT and three MRI sequencesP Renou
APHP, Urgences Cérébro Vasculaires, Université UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 29:597-604. 2010..However, little is known about the reliability of this classification and its extension to MRI. Our objective was to compare the inter- and intraobserver reliability of this classification on CT and 3 MRI sequences...
- Marchiafava-Bignami disease: diffusion-weighted MRI in corpus callosum and cortical lesionsP Menegon
Service de Neuroradiologie, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 65:475-7. 2005..They show that apparent diffusion coefficient restriction of the corpus callosum and cortical lesions were associated with a higher mortality rate and more severe cognitive sequelae...
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Previous Intracerebral HemorrhagePauline Renou
Department of Neurology, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis . 2016..This study aimed to assess the safety and efficacy of LAAC followed by single antiplatelet therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Affective Prosody and Depression After Stroke: A Pilot StudyMarie Villain
From the Université de Bordeaux, INCIA, CNRS UMR5287, Talence, France M V, C C, J S, I S, W M Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris, France M V, C C, J S CHU Bordeaux, Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France B G, I S and CESP, Universite Paris Sud, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France S B
Stroke 47:2397-400. 2016..In individuals with major depression, several studies have demonstrated an alteration of affective prosody. The aim of this study is to identify prosodic markers that may be predictive of PSD...
- Circadian sleep/wake rhythm abnormalities as a risk factor of a poststroke apathyCharlotte Cosin
Service de Neuroimagerie et Cognition Humaine, INCIA CNRS UMR 5287, EPHE Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Int J Stroke 10:710-5. 2015..Poststroke apathy affects 19-55% of patients following stroke and has a negative impact on functional recovery, general health, and quality of life, as well as being a source of significant burden for caregivers...
- Postprandial recurrent hemiplegiaKarim Farid
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Clin Nucl Med 35:80-2. 2010..Postprandial hemodynamic disturbances have been previously described. We report a case of postprandial transient ischemic attacks...
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease mimicking radiologic posterior reversible leukoencephalopathyI Sibon
Service de Neurologie A, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neurology 65:329. 2005
- Language features in the acute phase of post-stroke severe aphasia could predict the outcomeBertrand Glize
Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Unit, EA4136, Bordeaux University Hospital, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med . 2016..The features of impaired verbal communication which are the basis for cognitive-linguistic diagnosis and treatment could be part of prediction of recovery from aphasia...
- Erdheim-Chester Disease: An Unusual Cause of Intracranial Vasculitis and Progressive LeukoencephalopathySharmila Sagnier
Unite Neuro Vasculaire, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Université Bordeaux Segalen, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 25:e63-5. 2016..Brain postmortem evaluation confirmed the diagnosis of ECD. This diagnosis should be evoked in patients with cryptogenic stroke, progressive leukoencephalopathy, and infiltration of the arterial wall. ..
- Vascular parkinsonismIgor Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Curr Opin Neurol 17:49-54. 2004..Here we review recent epidemiological, clinical, electrophysiological, morphological and functional brain imaging and pathological studies on 'vascular parkinsonism'...
- Long-term cure of Tolosa-Hunt syndrome after low-dose focal radiotherapyAlexandra Foubert-Samier
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, Neurology, Bordeaux, France
Headache 45:389-91. 2005..We report a case of long-term improvement (8 years) of THS after low-dose (20 Gy) radiotherapy in a patient with recurrences and corticodependence...
- [Cerebral infraction by calcified embolism: a spontaneous complication of calcified aortic stenosis]S Debruxelles
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:582-4. 2004..We report two patients who experienced stroke induced by spontaneous calcic emboli from a calcified aortic valve and underline the importance of brain CT scan...
- High sensitivity C reactive protein, fibrinogen levels and the onset of major depressive disorder in post-acute coronary syndromeMarianne Lafitte
CHU de Bordeaux, Centre d exploration, de Prévention et de Traitement de l Athéroclérose, CEPTA, Hopital Cardiologique du Haut Leveque, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, F 33000, Bordeaux, France
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 15:23. 2015..Growing evidence suggests that there is an intricate interplay between atherosclerosis, inflammation and depression. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of atherosclerosis-induced inflammation in the mediation of MDD...
- Endovascular Embolization of a Nondominant Vertebral Artery Compressed by an Osteophyte to Prevent Recurrence of Vertebrobasilar InfarctionsBenjamin Thomas
Department of Neurology, Bordeaux University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 24:e257-9. 2015..The most common treatment is surgical decompression. However, in most cases, a dominant vertebral artery is involved, and its dynamic extrinsic compression is demonstrated on angiography...
- [Actinomycosis: an unusual cause of spinal cord compression. Case report and review of the literature]S Jeannin
Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:733-8. 2008..Data from the literature indicate that actinomycosis is a potential cause of several neurological manifestations. Unusual but treatable, actinomycosis is a potential alternative when the main etiologies have been ruled out...
- Diffusion MRI in spinal dural arterio-venous fistula: a case reportI Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Spinal Cord 44:315-7. 2006..Case report...
- A 64-year-old woman with progressive dementia and leukoencephalopathyAnne Vital
Brain Pathol 17:117-8, 121. 2007..This observation illustrates "lymphomatosis cerebri," a recently described entity, which has to be considered in the differential diagnosis of rapidly progressive dementia in adults...
- Semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase in annulo-aortic ectasia disease: relation to elastic lamellae-associated proteinsIgor Sibon
INSERM U441, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33600 Pessac, France
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1459-66. 2004..However, in advanced IAAED, the deficit in SSAO expression could be secondary to the decrease and fragmentation of elastic fibers and/or to vascular smooth muscle cell dedifferentiation...
- MRI versus CT in acute strokeWassilios Meissner
Lancet 369:1342. 2007
- L-type calcium channels and NMDA receptors: a determinant duo for short-term nociceptive plasticityPascal Fossat
INSERM E 358, Physiopathologie des réseaux neuronaux médullaires, Universite Bordeaux 2, Institut Francois Magendie, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Neurosci 25:127-35. 2007..Altogether, our results suggest that, in vivo, windup also depends on the amplification properties of spinal neurons, the triggering of which requires previous activation of NMDA receptors...