Affiliation: CHU de Poitiers
- [Automobile driving among patients with dementia. Survey in the Poitou-Charentes region]Marc Paccalin
Departement de Geriatrie, CHU La Miletrie, Poitiers
Presse Med 34:919-22. 2005..To determine the characteristics of drivers with dementia and analyze their driving habits...
- Impairment of autophagy in the central nervous system during lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory stress in miceArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, Poitiers F 86073, France
Mol Brain 7:56. 2014..Therefore, this study monitored autophagy markers after acute and chronic lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammatory stress in mice...
- Longitudinal follow-up of autophagy and inflammation in brain of APPswePS1dE9 transgenic miceArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, 1 rue Georges Bonnet, 86073 Poitiers, TSA 51106, Cedex 9, France
J Neuroinflammation 11:139. 2014..Therefore, a longitudinal study was performed in APPswePS1dE9 transgenic mice at three, six and twelve months of age...
- Involvement of interleukin-1β in the autophagic process of microglia: relevance to Alzheimer's diseaseArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, Poitiers F 86022, France
J Neuroinflammation 10:151. 2013..However, the links between autophagy and inflammation in AD remain to be determined...
- The validation of a French-language version of the Aging Perceptions Questionnaire (APQ) and its extension to a population aged 55 and overIsabelle Ingrand
Pôle Biologie, Pharmacie et Santé Publique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Poitiers, Universite de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
BMC Geriatr 12:17. 2012..The secondary objective was to study the stability of the dimensions of this instrument among participants aged 55 to 64...
- Prevention of the β-amyloid peptide-induced inflammatory process by inhibition of double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase in primary murine mixed co-culturesJ Couturier
Research Group on Brain Aging, GReViC EA 3808, 6 rue de la Milétrie BP 199, 86034 Poitiers Cedex, France
J Neuroinflammation 8:72. 2011..This led us to study the effect of a specific inhibitor of PKR on the Aβ42-induced inflammatory response in primary mixed murine co-cultures, allowing interactions between neurons, astrocytes and microglia...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in patients with retinal venous occlusionM Paccalin
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital La Miletrie, Poitiers, France
Thromb Res 117:365-9. 2006..We conducted a prospective study to determine the prevalence and the prognosis of antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) in patients with retinal venous occlusion (RVO)...
- Activated mTOR and PKR kinases in lymphocytes correlate with memory and cognitive decline in Alzheimer's diseaseMarc Paccalin
Brain Aging Research Group EA 3808, University of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:320-6. 2006..In AD increased susceptibility of lymphocytes to apoptosis has been reported...
- Lack of correlation between nutritional status and seroprotection against influenza in a long term care facilityMarc Paccalin
Geriatrics Department, University Hospital of Poitiers, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Scand J Infect Dis 38:894-7. 2006..Virologic diagnosis was assessed using viral isolation, polymerase chain reaction and serology for all patients with a flu-like syndrome. Albumin, vitamins and trace elements were also measured...
- Peripheral p70S6k levels and emotional memory in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMarc Paccalin
Research Group on Brain Aging EA3808, University of Poitiers, Poitiers University Hospital, France
Neurosci Lett 410:162-4. 2006..The decline of emotional memory in AD patients is reflected by the decrease of p70S6k levels...
- [Adequacy between prescriptions and CHADS(2) score recommendations in geriatric patients]Nolya Haïda
Département de gériatrie Pôle médecine
Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 9:39-44. 2011..But such therapy remains underused particularly among elderly patients. The aim of our study was to evaluate the adequacy between prescriptions and CHADS(2) recommendations in geriatric hospitalised patients with AF...
- [Primary thyroid lymphoma: report of 8 cases]M Paccalin
Service de médecine interne endocrinologie, CHU La Miletrie, rue de la Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers, France
Rev Med Interne 22:934-8. 2001..Primary thyroid lymphoma (PTL) is a rare disease. Few patients are reported in the literature. We report eight new cases of PTL with long-term follow-up...
- [A diagnosis paved with good intentions!]M Paccalin
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU La Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 25:S261-2. 2004
- Central venous catheter-related infection due to Comamonas testosteroni in a woman with breast cancerG Le Moal
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, , Poitiers, France
Scand J Infect Dis 33:627-8. 2001..This germ seems to be a rare pathogen; as reported in the literature, it is mostly encountered in patients with predisposing factors...
- [Late diagnosis of Dandy-Walker syndrome revealed by gait disorders in an elderly]D Forestier
Pôle de gériatrie, Hopital La Miletrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Poitiers, 2, rue de la Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers, France
Rev Med Interne 29:421-3. 2008..We report a case in an elderly hospitalised for gait disorders and recurrent falls. Cerebral MRI revealed hydrocephalus and posterior fossa cyst. The patient improved after ventriculocisternostomia...
- Effects of a physical training programme on cognitive function and walking efficiency in elderly persons with dementiaGilles Kemoun
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University Hospital of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 29:109-14. 2010..To study the effects of physical stimulation based on walking exercises, equilibrium and endurance on cognitive function and walking efficiency in patients with dementia...
- A case of emphysematous cystitisDavid Forestier
Departement de Geriatrie, CHU La Miletrie, Poitiers, France
Gerontology 50:259. 2004
- Usefulness of the short IQCODE for predicting postoperative delirium in elderly patients undergoing hip and knee replacement surgeryMathieu Priner
Departement de Geriatrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Gerontology 54:116-9. 2008....
- [Pelvic embryonal tumor]C Landron
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital La Miletrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, rue de la Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 24:266-7. 2003
- Clinical and laboratory characteristics of infective endocarditis when associated with spondylodiscitisG Le Moal
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, CHU La Miletrie, Avenue J Coeur, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:671-5. 2002..IE should be included in the differential diagnosis in patients with infectious spondylodiscitis and risk factors for endocarditis. In such patients, echocardiography should be performed routinely...
- [Vaccine coverage against influenza and pneumococcal infections in patients aged 65 and over: a survey on 299 outpatients]A S Delelis-Fanien
Pôle de gériatrie, CHU La Miletrie, 2, rue de la Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 30:656-60. 2009..There is no compulsory vaccination in the adult population. Therefore, vaccine coverage appears heterogeneous...
- mTOR/p70S6k signalling alteration by Abeta exposure as well as in APP-PS1 transgenic models and in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseClaire Lafay-Chebassier
Department of Pharmacology, Poitiers University Hospital, France
J Neurochem 94:215-25. 2005....
- PKR, a cognitive decline biomarker, can regulate translation via two consecutive molecular targets p53 and Redd1 in lymphocytes of AD patientsMilena Damjanac
Research Group on Brain Aging EA 3808, University of Poitiers, Poitiers, Cedex, France
J Cell Mol Med 13:1823-32. 2009..PKR represents a cognitive decline biomarker able to dysregulate translation via two consecutive targets p53 and Redd1 in AD lymphocytes...
- [I love you, but not anymore...]C Landron
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU La Miletrie, Poitiers, France
Rev Med Interne 26:S203-5. 2005
- [Do not take lanterns for bladders!]P Roblot
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, CHU La Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 25:S285. 2004
- [Diagnosis and epidemiological surveillance of influenza and respiratory syncytial virus infections: interest of multiplex PCR]C Plouzeau
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU de Poitiers, 2, rue de la Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 37:728-33. 2007..We evaluated multiplex PCR used for the diagnosis and the epidemiological surveillance of influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections...
- Evidence of molecular links between PKR and mTOR signalling pathways in Abeta neurotoxicity: role of p53, Redd1 and TSC2Milena Morel
Research Group on Brain Aging, GReViC EA 3808, University of Poitiers, 6 rue de la Milétrie BP 199, 86034 Poitiers Cedex, France
Neurobiol Dis 36:151-61. 2009..The PKR gene silencing in SH-SY5Y cells prevented these alterations. p53, Redd1 and TSC2 could represent the molecular links between PKR and mTOR in Abeta neurotoxicity. PKR could be a critical target in a therapeutic program of AD...
- Interaction of double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase (PKR) with the death receptor signaling pathway in amyloid beta (Abeta)-treated cells and in APPSLPS1 knock-in miceJulien Couturier
Research Group on Brain Aging, GReViC EA 3808, University of Poitiers, 6 rue de la Miletrie, BP 199, 86034 Poitiers Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 285:1272-82. 2010..The contribution of PKR in neurodegeneration through the death receptor signaling pathway may support the development of therapeutics targeting PKR to limit neuronal death in AD...
- [Treatment of high-grade, disseminated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in elderly patients]M Paccalin
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU La Miletrie, rue de la Miletrie, 86021 Poitiers, France
Rev Med Interne 23:632-7. 2002..Potential interest of chemotherapy and associated immunotherapy is on study. Without any influence on survival duration, haematopoietic growth factors seem to improve the tolerance of the treatment...
- Cat-scratch disease simulating a malignant process of the chest wallF Millot
Service d Hématologie et Oncologie Médicale, CHU Jean Bernard, La Miletrie, Poitiers, France
Eur J Pediatr 158:403-5. 1999..Serological investigations were positive for Bartonella species. The symptoms and the lesions disappeared after oral antibiotic therapy (ciprofloxacin) was started. The patient remained symptom-free 12 months later...
- Images in gerontology: a case reportR Coudroy
Pôle de gériatrie, CHU La Miletrie, Poitiers, France
Gerontology 56:39-40. 2010..Left ventricular aneurysm can complicate acute myocardial infarction. Clinical and electrocardiogram features are not specific. We describe a case with asymptomatic left ventricular aneurysm diagnosed by computerized-tomography angiography...
- Localized amyloidosis: a survey of 35 French casesMarc Paccalin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Jean Bernard, BP 577, 86021, Poitiers Cedex, France
Amyloid 12:239-45. 2005..Such patients should be referred to specialist centers for further evaluation. Management requires close follow-up to exclude recurrence and to determine the appropriate symptomatic treatment...
- The relation between p70S6k expression in lymphocytes and the decline of cognitive test scores in patients with Alzheimer diseaseMarc Paccalin
Arch Intern Med 165:2428-9. 2005
- Acute tubular necrosis due to rhabdomyolysis resulting from influenza A infectionChristine Pradère
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:725. 2006
- Dissociation of Akt/PKB and ribosomal S6 kinase signaling markers in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseMilena Damjanac
Research Group on Brain Aging EA 3808 University of Poitiers, 6 rue de la Milétrie BP 199, 86034 Poitiers, Cedex, France
Neurobiol Dis 29:354-67. 2008..These findings demonstrate a clear dissociation between Akt and ribosomal S6K signaling markers in these mice which could be involved in the AD pathological process...