Jean Michel Klossek
Affiliation: CHU de Poitiers
- Update on treatment guidelines for acute bacterial sinusitisJ M Klossek
Jean Bernard Hospital, 86021 Poitiers, France
Int J Clin Pract 59:230-8. 2005....
- [Current management of acute pediatric rhinosinusitis in France]J M Klossek
Service ORL, Hopital Jean Bernard, CHU, Poitiers, France
Med Mal Infect 37:127-52. 2007..The adequate medical management, particularly the place and the type of antibiotics, is analyzed and discussed, and guidelines for practical situations are suggested...
- [Patient preference survey on the lack of taste and odor of Nasonex nasal spray. Which impact on compliance to treatment?]J M Klossek
CHU Hôpital la Milleterie, Service ORL, 86000 Poitiers, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 129:35-41. 2008..About 60% of patients stated that the lack of odor will led them to be more compliant to their treatment...
- [Rhino-sinus polyposis]J M Klossek
Service ORL et chirurgie cervicofaciale CHU hôpital Jean Bernard, Poitiers
Rev Prat 50:1543-7. 2000..Recent studies lead to a better understanding of the pathophysiology of this pathology and to propose a better long term management including an information for the patient due to the chronicity of the disease...
- Epistaxis and its management: an observational pilot study carried out in 23 hospital centres in FranceJean Michel Klossek
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Poitiers, BP 577 86021, Poitiers Cedex, France
Rhinology 44:151-5. 2006..The purpose of this study is to describe the treatment of epistaxis in hospital emergency departments and to identify the principal risk factors for more severe episodes of bleeding...
- [The sleep apnea syndrome nose: the factor of poor compliance with CPAP]J M Klossek
CHU de Poitiers, 2, rue de la Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex
Rev Mal Respir 23:7S134-7S136. 2006
- [Acute rhinosinusitis in children]Jean Michel Klossek
Service ORL, Hopital Jean Bernard, 86021 Poitiers
Rev Prat 57:1785-90. 2007..In other cases, management includes symptomatic treatment and obvious informations on the different modalities of evolution...
- [Lavage of the nasal cavity]Jean Michel Klossek
Service ORL, Hopital Jean Bernard, 86021 Poitiers
Rev Prat 57:1802. 2007
- [Efficacy and safety of mometasone furoate nasal spray in the treatment of sinusitis or acute rhinosinusitis]J M Klossek
Hôpital La Mileterie, Service ORL, 86000 Poitiers, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 128:187-92. 2007..These results lead also to think over its interest in the treatment of uncomplicated common forms of sinusitis, where antibiotics are still widely prescribed in daily practice...
- [Diagnosis and management of ENT conditions responsible for acute community acquired bacterial meningitis]J M Klossek
Service ORL, Hopital Jean Bernard, CHU de Poitiers, 350, avenue Jacques Coeur, 86000 Poitiers, France
Med Mal Infect 39:554-9. 2009..In case of a CSF leak, closure of the defect is performed according to its location and size after evaluation by imaging (CT scan, MRI)...
- PNIF measurement in a healthy French population. A prospective study about 234 patientsJean Michel Klossek
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Poitiers, Poitiers Cedex, France
Rhinology 47:389-92. 2009..A prospective study in a healthy French population to evaluate the normal range of PNIF...
- Presentation and treatment of acute maxillary sinusitis in general practice: a French observational studyJ M Klossek
ENT and Head and Neck Department, University Hospital Jean Bernard Service, ORL, Poitiers Cedex, France
Rhinology 49:84-9. 2011..2%). The diagnosis and management patterns of acute maxillary sinusitis among general practitioners in France are generally consistent with the 2007 European Position Paper on Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyps (EP3OS) guidelines...
- [Epidemiology of seasonal spring-time allergic rhinitis in adults in France]Jean Michel Klossek
Département ORL et chirurgie cervico maxillo faciale, CHU de Poitiers, 86021 Poitiers
Presse Med 34:348-52. 2005..Describe the profile of patients consulting a general practitioner or allergologist for seasonal spring-time allergic rhinitis (SAR) in France...
- Frontal sinus irrigation: indications, results, and complicationsJ M Klossek
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hopital Jean Bernard, Medical University Hospital of Poitiers, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 34:91-100. 2001..The frontal irrigation is suggested as a useful adjunct during the endonasal approach to locate the frontal drainage...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of moxifloxacin and trovafloxacin for the treatment of acute, bacterial maxillary sinusitis in adultsJ M Klossek
ENT and Maxillo facial Department, Hopital Jean Bernard, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Poitiers, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
J Laryngol Otol 117:43-51. 2003..Overall, moxifloxacin was at least as effective clinically and bacteriologically as trovafloxacin and better tolerated...
- [Treatment of functional signs of acute maxillary rhinosinusitis in adults. Efficacy and tolerance of administration of oral prednisone for 3 days]J M Klossek
Service ORL, Hôpital Jean Bernard la Miléterie, Poitiers
Presse Med 33:303-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy and tolerance to prednisone administered for 3 days in addition to antibiotherapy in patients presenting with an AMRS...
- Experimental model of fungal sinusitis: a pilot study in rabbitsXavier Dufour
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Medical Center of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 114:167-72. 2005..The present model of experimental fungal sinusitis seems to be reproducible and suitable for further studies of the development of fungal sinusitis...
- Diffuse nasal polyposis and endonasal endoscopic surgery: long-term results, a 65-case studyXavier Dufour
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Poitiers, France
Laryngoscope 114:1982-7. 2004..To analyze the efficacy of a standardized surgical procedure in patients with nasal polyposis...
- Paranasal sinus fungus ball and surgery: a review of 175 casesXavier Dufour
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Centre, Hospitalo Universitaire, Poitiers, BP 577 86021 Poitiers, France
Rhinology 43:34-9. 2005..To analyze the surgical results after Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) in patients with paranasal sinus fungus ball...
- [INSTANT: national survey of allergic rhinitis in a French adult population based-sample]Jean Michel Klossek
Service ORL, Hopital Jean Bernard, CHU Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Presse Med 38:1220-9. 2009....
- Chronic invasive fungal rhinosinusitis: two new cases and review of the literatureXavier Dufour
Departments of Ear, Nose, and Throat and Maxillofacial Surgery, C H University Poitiers, Poitiers Cedex, France
Am J Rhinol 18:221-6. 2004..Chronic invasive fungal rhinosinusitis is rare in the immunocompetent patient. Few cases have been published except for in a specific geographic area (Sudan, India)...
- Primary cancer of the sphenoid sinus--a GETTEC studyPierre Olivier Vedrine
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Nancy, France
Head Neck 31:388-97. 2009..Primary involvement of the sphenoid sinus occurs in 2% of all paranasal sinus tumors and is associated with dismal prognosis. Optimal management remains debatable...
- [ERAP, a pharmaco-epidemiologic survey on perennial allergic rhinitis in every day medical practice in France]Pascal Demoly
Service des Maladies Respiratoires, INSERM U454 IFR3, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, CHU de Montpellier, 34
Presse Med 32:1066-73. 2003..In order to gain knowledge on the management of perennial allergic rhinitis by the practitioners in France, a survey (Enquête épidémiologique sur la rhinite allergique per-annuelle en pratique quotidienne--ERAP) was developed...
- Nasal polyposis in France: impact on sleep and quality of lifeElie Serrano
ENT Department, University Hospital of Toulouse, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Laryngol Otol 119:543-9. 2005..In addition to the discomfort and lowered QOL experienced by patients with this disease, a significant increase in sleep disorders was shown, suggesting a risk of suffering further chronic diseases and complications...
- Evaluation of a diagnostic questionnaire for nasal polyposis: an observational, cross-sectional studyAbdelkader El Hasnaoui
Laboratoire Glaxo SmithKline, Marly le Roi, France
Rhinology 42:1-7. 2004..These diagnostic questionnaire and algorithm, although not substitutable to a clinical diagnosis, should be very useful for population-based studies...