Affiliation: CHU de Nantes
- Excessive trading, a gambling disorder in its own right? A case study on a French disordered gamblers cohortMarie Grall-Bronnec
CHU de Nantes, Clinical Investigation Unit Behavioral Addictions Complex Affective Disorders, Addictology and Psychiatry Department, Nantes, France Université de NANTES, EA 4275 Biostatistics, Pharmacoepidemiology and Subjective Measures in Health Sciences, Nantes, France Electronic address
Addict Behav 64:340-348. 2017..Indeed, traders can get professionally involved in high-risk types of trading as if it were gambling. This research explores whether excessive trading can be conceptualized as a subset of gambling disorders...
- Study protocol: the JEU cohort study--transversal multiaxial evaluation and 5-year follow-up of a cohort of French gamblersGaëlle Challet-Bouju
Clinical Investigation Unit BALANCED BehaviorAL AddictioNs and ComplEx mood Disorders, Department of Addictology and Psychiatry, University Hospital of Nantes, 85 rue de Saint Jacques, Nantes Cedex 1, 44093, France
BMC Psychiatry 14:226. 2014....
- Clinical profiles as a function of level and type of impulsivity in a sample group of at-risk and pathological gamblers seeking treatmentMarie Grall-Bronnec
Centre de référence sur le jeu excessif Pôle Universitaire d Addictologie et de Psychiatrie, Hopital Saint Jacques, 85 rue Saint Jacques, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Gambl Stud 28:239-52. 2012..The results confirm both the complexity of the multi-dimensional concept of impulsivity and the reason why the UPPS is of interest for a more in-depth study of the subject...
- [Emergency situations concerning eating disorders]Marie Grall-Bronnec
Service d Addictologie, Hopital Saint Jacques, 44093 Nantes 1
Rev Prat 58:161-5. 2008..When a life is at risk, emergency hospitalization is a must. In this way, hospitalization requested by a third party must remain an exception...
- [Socio-demographic and clinical assessment, and trajectory of a sample of French pathological gamblers]M Grall-Bronnec
Service d Addictologie, centre de référence sur le jeu excessif, pavillon Louis Philippe, Hopital Saint Jacques, 85, rue Saint Jacques, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Encephale 36:452-60. 2010....
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder among pathological and at-risk gamblers seeking treatment: a hidden disorderMarie Grall-Bronnec
Reference Centre for Excessive Gambling, Department of Addictology, Nantes, France
Eur Addict Res 17:231-40. 2011....
- Marked Body Shape Concerns in Female Patients Suffering from Eating Disorders: Relevance of a Clinical Sub-GroupLucie Gailledrat
Clinical Investigation Unit Behavior Addictions Complex Affective Disorders, Addictology and Psychiatry Department, Nantes University Hospital, Hopital Saint Jacques, 85 rue Saint Jacques, 44 093 Nantes cedex 1, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0165232. 2016..73), and a high score on the item "loss of control over behavior, thoughts and emotions" from the dissociation questionnaire (OR = 10.74). These results are consistent with previous studies, and highlight the importance of denial...
- A shorter and multidimensional version of the Gambling Attitudes and Beliefs Survey (GABS-23)Gaëlle Bouju
Department of Addictology, Reference Centre for Excessive Gambling, Behavioral Addictions Federative Institute, University Hospital of Nantes, Nantes, France
J Gambl Stud 30:349-67. 2014..The five-factor model of the GABS-23 is discussed based on the theory of locus of control. ..
- Dependence on prescription benzodiazepines and Z-drugs among young to middle-aged patients in FranceMarylène Guerlais
1CHU de Nantes, Clinical Pharmacology Department, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, Nantes, France
Subst Use Misuse 50:320-7. 2015..Benzodiazepines (BZD) and nonbenzodiazepines hypnotics (z-drugs) are recognized as one of the most widely prescribed medications in the world...
- Online gambling's moderators: how effective? Study protocol for a randomized controlled trialJulie Caillon
Clinical Investigation Unit BALANCED BehaviorAL AddictioNs and ComplEx mood Disorders, Addictology and Psychiatry Department, Nantes University Hospital, 85 rue de Saint Jacques, 44093, Nantes Cedex 1, France
BMC Public Health 15:519. 2015..Moreover, no empirical research has yet studied the impact of bonuses on gambling behaviors...
- Pathological Gambling Associated With Aripiprazole or Dopamine Replacement Therapy: Do Patients Share the Same Features? A ReviewMarie Grall-Bronnec
From the Clinical Investigation Unit, Behavioral Addictions Complex Affective Disorders, Department of Addictology and Psychiatry, CHU Nantes EA 4275 Biostatistics, Pharmacoepidemiology, and Subjective Measures in Health Sciences, Université Nantes Departments of Pharmacology, and Neurology, CHU Nantes, Nantes, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 36:63-70. 2016..Dopamine replacement therapy and ARI share a dopamine agonist action. Our work aimed at comparing patients with PG according to their treatment with DRT or ARI...
- Use of psychotropic drug urine test strips in opiate maintenance therapy: A clinical assessment of its advantagesCaroline Victorri-Vigneau
a Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Center for Evaluation and Information on Pharmacodependence, Nantes University Hospital, Nantes, France
Subst Abus 37:584-590. 2016..This work aims at evaluating changes in the therapeutic strategy brought by the systematic use of urine strips for detecting drug consumptions...
- Gambling among European professional athletes. Prevalence and associated factorsMarie Grall-Bronnec
a Clinical Investigation Unit BALANCED BehaviorAL AddictioNs and ComplEx mood Disorders, Addictology and Psychiatry Department, Nantes University Hospital, Nantes, France
J Addict Dis 35:278-290. 2016..5, CI95% [1.3-1.7]) were associated with gambling problems, current or past, among professional athletes. Professional athletes are particularly exposed to both gambling and problem gambling...
- Cognitive distortions and ADHD in pathological gambling: A national longitudinal case-control cohort studyLucia Romo
1 EA 4430 CLIPSYD CLInique PSYchanalyse Développement, University of Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, Paris, France, and Unité Inserm U894, CPN, Paris, France
J Behav Addict . 2016..The instauration of an abstinence period of at least 1 month under medical supervision could be a promising therapeutic lead for reducing gambling-related erroneous thoughts and for improving care strategies of pathological gamblers...
- [Behavioral addictions]Morgane Guillou-Landreat
Institut fédératif des addictions comportementales, Service d Addictologie, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Presse Med 41:1271-5. 2012..There is indeed a significant risk of switching addiction. The relapse prevention must consider this risk and be inclusive...
- [To take into account addicted patients' motivation to seek treatment. About a case report of a disordered gambler]Emeline Eyzop
CHU de Nantes, Hopital Saint Jacques, service d addictologie et de psychiatrie de liaison, 85, rue Saint Jacques, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France Electronic address
Presse Med 45:1147-1153. 2016..Motivation enhancement promotes alliance and therapeutic compliance. Therapeutic goals should be discussed with the patient. It is important to diagnose the psychiatric and addictive comorbid disorders, which are frequent...
- Benzodiazepines consumption: does dependence vary with age?Marie Gérardin
1Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital of Nantes, Nantes, France
Subst Use Misuse 49:1417-25. 2014..35.2% of Seniors are dependent on benzodiazepines versus 49.8% of Adults...