Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Twenty-Four-Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring to Predict and Assess Impact of Renal Denervation: The DENERHTN Study (Renal Denervation for Hypertension)Philippe Gosse
From the Hopital Saint André, University Hospital of Bordeaux, France P G, A C Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Centre d Investigations Cliniques 1418, Paris, France H P, G C, M A Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Hypertension Unit, Paris, France G B, M M, M A Paris Descartes University, Paris, France G C, M A Service de médecine Interne et Hypertension artérielle Pole Cardiovasculaire et métabolique, University Hospital Rangueil, Toulouse, France B C Cardiology Department, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, F 69004, Lyon, France P Y C Hôpital Cardiologique, Service de Médecine Vasculaire et HTA, University Hospital Lille, France P D, P L, C M V Arthur Gardiner Hospital, Dinard, France T D University Hospital of Rennes, France C D Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Nice, France E F Unité de Prévention Cardio Vasculaire
Hypertension . 2017..Our results show that denervation lowers ambulatory BP homogeneously over 24 hours in patients with resistant hypertension and suggest that nighttime systolic BP and variability are predictors of the BP response to denervation...
- Prognostic value of the extent of left ventricular hypertrophy and its evolution in the hypertensive patientPhilippe Gosse
Cardiology Hypertension Department, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 30:2403-9. 2012..Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is a marker of cardiovascular risk. However, the progression of the risk as a function of the course of the LVH has only been the subject of few studies...
- Arterial stiffness from monitoring of timing of korotkoff sounds predicts the occurrence of cardiovascular events independently of left ventricular mass in hypertensive patientsPhilippe Gosse
Department of Cardiology and Hypertension, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Hypertension 62:161-7. 2013..Thus, AS has an independent prognostic value in the hypertensive, whether measured before or after the administration of antihypertensive treatment. This prognostic value persists after taking LVM into account...
- ECG detection of left ventricular hypertrophy: the simpler, the better?Philippe Gosse
Cardiology Hypertension Department, Hôpital Saint André, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 30:990-6. 2012..We compared a number of common criteria in hypertensive patients by taking as references left ventricular mass (LVM) measured by echocardiography and prediction of incident CVE...
- Evolution of ambulatory measurement of blood pressure and parameters of arterial stiffness over a 1-year period in patients with systemic sclerosis: ERAMS studyP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie et Hypertension Artérielle et Service de Médecine Interne et Pathologie Vasculaire, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:627-30. 2002..So far the 100 patients have been recruited from 14 participating centres and 48 were re-evaluated after 1 year. QKD(100-60) was highly reproducible: 201 +/- 6 vs202 +/- 18 msec, standard deviation of difference = 13 msec...
- Serial echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular mass: how blinded should readers be?Philippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, groupe hospitalier Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 22:1813-8. 2004..A priori, this method of reading has the potential of decreasing measurement variability...
- Blood pressure surge on risingPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 22:1113-8. 2004....
- A review of telmisartan in the treatment of hypertension: blood pressure control in the early morning hoursPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension art6éielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:195-201. 2006..This supposition is being tested in the ONgoing Telmisartan Alone and in combination with Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial (ONTARGET) programme...
- Can ambulatory blood-pressure monitoring provide reliable indices of arterial stiffness?Philippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 20:831-8. 2007....
- Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy: should we echo echo?Philippe Gosse
Cardiologie Hypertension Artérielle, Hôpital Saint André, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Am J Hypertens 21:373. 2008
- [Biochemical detection of Conn's adenoma: definition of criteria and reference values]P Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, Burguet, Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:181-5. 2005..45 ng/ml/h, supine aldosteronaemia >417 pmol/l, and erect aldosterone/renin >1180...
- Left ventricular hypertrophy as a predictor of cardiovascular riskPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hôpital St André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens Suppl 23:S27-33. 2005..Further high-quality studies are needed to define how LVH predicts cardiovascular risk, which agents are most effective at eliciting LVH regression and how such reversal can affect cardiovascular outcome...
- Arterial stiffness evaluated by measurement of the QKD interval is an independent predictor of cardiovascular eventsPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 18:470-6. 2005..The objective of this longitudinal study was to examine the relationship between arterial stiffness assessed by this method and the occurrence of cardiovascular complications in a cohort of initially untreated hypertensive patients...
- Arterial stiffness and plasma creatinine in untreated hypertensive patientsPhilippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, Hospital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 18:1140-5. 2005..We wanted to study this relationship in a population of newly recognized hypertensive subjects with preserved renal function using another method to assess arterial stiffness and to see whether it was independent of 24-h BP...
- [Prognostic value of QKD interval corrected by QRS duration in hypertensive patients]P Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:747-50. 2005..This indice of arterial stiffness has been shown to be linked to future cardiovascular (CV) events, independently of 24 h BP. However this interval may be abnormally prolonged in case of left bundle branch blocks (LBBB)...
- Left ventricular hypertrophy--the problem and possible solutionsP Gosse
Cardiology Service Arterial Hypertension, Hospital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Int Med Res 33:3A-11A. 2005..Within this class of anti-hypertensive agents, pharmacological differences may mean that some agents afford greater cardioprotection than others...
- Early morning blood pressure surgePhilippe Gosse
Service de cardiologie, Hypertension Arterielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:584-9. 2006....
- Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy with echocardiography: some lessons from the LIVE studyPhilippe Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Hypertens 21:217-21. 2003..Such a trial, the LIVE study, gave us the opportunity to examine the influence of the mode of reading of the echo tracings on results and to underline the value of two initial recordings performed at entry...
- [Is arterial hypertension in women different from that in men? Example of the relationship between arterial pressure and left ventricular mass]P Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, 33075 Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 95:709-12. 2002..73 vs 0.58, p < 0.01). In multivariate analysis, the variable showing the higher correlation to LVM is 24 h SBP in males, weight in females. For a similar increase in BP, males hypertensive show a higher increase in LVM than females...
- Efficacy of very low dose perindopril 2 mg/indapamide 0.625 mg combination on left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients: the P.I.C.X.E.L. study rationale and designP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hop Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:653-9. 2002....
- Atrioventricular conduction in the hypertensive patient: influence of aging, pulse pressure, and arterial stiffnessPhilippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, Hôpital Saint André, University Hospital of Bordeaux, 1 rue Jean Burguet, Bordeaux, France
Rejuvenation Res 14:405-10. 2011..Because this link was observed during follow-up, it is possible that increased arterial stiffness favors the increase in the PR interval with age...
- Impact of malignant arterial hypertension on the heartPhilippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Saint Andre Hospital, 1 rue Jean Burguet, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 29:798-802. 2011..To assess the consequences of malignant hypertension and its evolution with antihypertensive treatment...
- Prevalence of clinical and ambulatory hypertension in a population of 65-year-olds: the PROOF studyPhilippe Gosse
Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, France
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 12:160-5. 2010..This study shows a significant proportion of hypertensive patients, whether treated or not, with high ambulatory blood pressure, especially in those with hyperglycemia who have a higher risk of complications...
- Does eplerenone have a future in the management of hypertension in Europe?P Gosse
Cardiologie Hypertension Artérielle, Hypertension Unit Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux University, 1 rue Jean Burguet, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 20:829-32. 2006
- Relationship of cardiac involvement with arterial stiffness in a general population of 65-year-olds in the PROOF studyPhilippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 28:389-94. 2010..The cohort of the Prognostic Indicator of Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Events study is a representative population of 65-year-old individuals in which this relation can be examined...
- Ambulatory or home measurement of blood pressure?Philippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 11:234-7. 2009..Physicians involved in the management of hypertensive patients should be aware of its value in order to assist patients in their care...
- Prognostic significance of blood pressure measured on risingP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hospital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Hum Hypertens 15:413-7. 2001....
- Long-term decline in renal function is linked to initial pulse pressure in the essential hypertensivePhilippe Gosse
Unité Cardiologie Hypertension Artérielle, Hôpital Saint André, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 27:1303-8. 2009..Several recent studies, essentially cross-sectional, point to a role for an increase in arterial stiffness and its corollary, the increased pulse pressure (PP), in barotrauma of the renal glomerulus...
- Long-term influence of antihypertensive treatment on arterial stiffness assessed by ambulatory measurement of the QKD intervalPhilippe Gosse
Cardiology Department, Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Hypertens Res 32:265-9. 2009..The existence of diabetes appeared to have a negative influence on this improvement. Furthermore, an increase in arterial stiffness may be a factor of resistance to the action of antihypertensive medication...
- Preparation for surgery of phaeochromocytoma by blockade of alpha-adrenergic receptors with urapidil: what dose?P Gosse
Department of Cardiology, Hypertension Unit, Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 23:605-9. 2009..Our findings indicate the value of aggressive blockade of alpha-1 receptors in preparation for surgery of phaeochromocytoma...
- Blood pressure should be measured in both arms on the first consultationPhilippe Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 20:1045-6. 2002
- Components of arterial stiffness in a population of 65-year-old subjects: PROOF studyPhilippe Gosse
Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 26:1138-46. 2008..Study of the PROOF cohort supplied further information by analysis of subjects of identical age using a method that eliminates the immediate influence of blood pressure on pulse wave velocity...
- Perindopril/indapamide combination in the first-line treatment of hypertension and end-organ protectionPhilippe Gosse
Cardiologie Hypertension Artérielle Hopital, Saint André, CHU Bordeaux, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075, Bordeaux, France
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 4:319-33. 2006....
- Autonomic nervous system activity is independently associated with the risk of shift in the non-dipper blood pressure patternVirginie Dauphinot
Neurology Unit D, University Medical Hospital, University of Lyon, Lyon, France
Hypertens Res 33:1032-7. 2010..Our results suggest that impaired ANS activity precedes an insufficient decrease in nocturnal BP independent of hypertension status...
- Ambulatory blood pressure in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy: efficacy of first-line combination perindopril/indapamide therapyRoland Asmar
Institut cardiovasculaire, Paris, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:371-80. 2007..Ambulatory blood pressure (BP) is more sensitive than office BP and is highly correlated with the left ventricular mass (LVM) of hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)...
- Determination of central blood pressure by a noninvasive method (brachial blood pressure and QKD interval): a noninvasive validationAntoine Cremer
aCardiology and Hypertension Unit, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France bAustralian School of Advanced Medicine cCardiology Unit, Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Hypertens 31:1847-52. 2013..We validated against invasive measurements a measure of central SBP based on the QKD interval. The present objective is a comparison to the SphygmoCor device...
- Adherence to Antihypertensive Treatment and the Blood Pressure-Lowering Effects of Renal Denervation in the Renal Denervation for Hypertension (DENERHTN) TrialMichel Azizi
From Paris Descartes University, France M A, P F P, V J, M S, G C Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Hypertension Unit, France M A, G B, P F P INSERM, CIC1418, Paris, France M A, H P, G C Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Clinical Research Unit, France H P, G C Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Department of Pharmacology, France I H, V J Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, Cardiology Hypertension Department, France P G Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France M M Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire de Lille, Hopital Cardiologique, Médecine vasculaire et HTA, France P D, C M V Hôpital Croix Rousse, Cardiology Department, European Society of Hypertension Excellence Centre
Circulation 134:847-57. 2016..We report the influence of adherence to antihypertensive treatment on blood pressure control...
- The effect of telmisartan and ramipril on early morning blood pressure surge: a pooled analysis of two randomized clinical trialsPhilippe Gosse
Hypertension Unit, Saint Andre Hospital, Bordeaux, France philippe gosseechu bordeaux fr
Blood Press Monit 12:141-7. 2007..We compared telmisartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker with a trough-to-peak ratio >90%, with ramipril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor with a trough-to-peak ratio of around 50%...
- Determination of central blood pressure by a noninvasive method (brachial BP and QKD interval)Antoine Cremer
Cardiology Arterial Hypertension Unit, Hôpital Saint André, University Hospital, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 30:1533-9. 2012..A possible explanation lies in the different effects of the treatments on BPc. We propose a new noninvasive method for the automatic measurement of BPc based on the QKD interval, an arterial stiffness marker...
- Efficacy of morning and evening dosing of amlodipine/valsartan combination in hypertensive patients uncontrolled by 5 mg of amlodipineRoland Asmar
Foundation Medical Research Institutes, Paris, France
Blood Press Monit 16:80-6. 2011..This study compared the effects of morning and evening dosing of amlodipine/valsartan combination on 24-h blood pressure (BP) in patients uncontrolled by amlodipine (5 mg)...
- C-reactive protein implications in new-onset hypertension in a healthy population initially aged 65 years: the Proof studyVirginie Dauphinot
Memory Research Center Lyon, University Medical Hospital, Lyon, France
J Hypertens 27:736-43. 2009..Because inflammation is known to be related with several cardiovascular diseases, we sought to determine whether C-reactive protein (CRP) might precede the onset of hypertension...
- Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients treated with indapamide SR 1.5 mg versus enalapril 20 mg: the LIVE studyP Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, groupe hospitalier Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 18:1465-75. 2000..To compare the efficacy of indapamide sustained release (SR) 1.5 mg and enalapril 20 mg at reducing left ventricular mass index (LVMI) in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)...
- Ambulatory measurement of the QKD interval normalized to heart rate and systolic blood pressure to assess arterial distensibility--value of QKD(100-60)P Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Blood Press Monit 6:85-9. 2001..This study was designed to examine the relationship between QKD and QKD(100-60) on heart rate and systolic function of the left ventricle, the two parameters governing the pre-ejection time which is part of the QKD interval...
- Reduction in arterial distensibility in hypertensive patients as evaluated by ambulatory measurement of the QKD interval is correlated with concentric remodeling of the left ventricleP Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 12:1252-5. 1999..The concentric character of the LVH of the hypertensive patient was thus linked to the reduction in arterial distensibility...
- Impaired baroreflex sensitivity and the risks of new-onset ambulatory hypertension, in an elderly population-based studyVirginie Dauphinot
Memory Research Center Lyon, Hôpital des Charpennes, Hospices Civils de Lyon, University Medical Hospital, Lyon, France Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:4010-4. 2013..We sought to assess the relationship between heart rate variability and baroreflex sensitivity parameters and ambulatory hypertension in a community-dwelling elderly cohort...
- Arterial stiffness predicts severe progression in systemic sclerosis: the ERAMS studyJoel Constans
Vascular and Internal Medicine Unit, CHU Bordeaux, Paris, France
J Hypertens 25:1900-6. 2007..The ERAMS study addressed the value of arterial stiffness in predicting the severity of systemic sclerosis...
- [Assessment of arterial distensibility by ambulatory monitoring of QKD interval. Reproducibility of the method]P Gosse
Service de cardiologie, , Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:975-7. 1996..Standard deviation of differences for QKD100-60 was 12 ms, the coefficient of variation 6% and the coefficient of repeatibility 24 ms. So QKD100-60 shows a good reproducibility in the same range that 24 h blood pressure means...
- Acoustic videodensitometric parameters correlate with abnormalities of left ventricular filling in hypertensive patients assessed via Doppler Tissue ImagingPaul Coulon
Service de cardiologie, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
J Clin Ultrasound 35:430-6. 2007....
- Real-time heart rate variability and its correlation with plasma catecholamines during laparoscopic adrenal pheochromocytoma surgeryMusa Sesay
Department of Anesthesiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Anesth Analg 106:164-70, table of contents. 2008....
- Effects of perioperative alpha1 block on haemodynamic control during laparoscopic surgery for phaeochromocytomaP Tauzin-Fin
Department of Anaesthesia, Pellegrin University Hospital, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Br J Anaesth 92:512-7. 2004..The aim was to block the alpha(1) adrenergic receptors before any acute catecholamine release, to prevent any severe rise in blood pressure...
- [Can regression of left ventricular hypertrophy be proposed as a substitute criterion in trials of morbidity/mortality in hypertension?]P Gosse
Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Hôpital Saint André, 1, rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:1435-40. 2000..It fulfils most of the conditions of a substitute criterion. However, the relationship between its reduction with treatment and the reduction of risk, independently of the change in blood pressure, remains to be shown...
- [Measurement of arterial distensibility by the QKd method a new vascular marker]J Constans
Service de médecine interne et pathologie vasculaire, Hôpital Saint André, 1, rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
Rev Med Interne 23:308-11. 2002..Distensibility is the ability of large elastic arteries to increase in diameter from diastole to systole. Pulse wave velocity (PWV) is one of the ways to measure this parameter. Several techniques, including QKd, are able to measure PWV...
- [Ambulatory measurement of Korotkoff sounds timing (QKD interval) in a normal population]P Gosse
CHU Bordeaux, , Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1083-6. 1994..Results are presented for each 10 years age group (mean +/- SD)...
- Ambulatory measurement of the timing of Korotkoff sounds in a group of normal subjects: influence of age and heightP Gosse
Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 12:231-5. 1999..This effectively eliminates the influence of height, which reflects the length of the arterial segment under investigation...
- Optimum and stepped care standardised antihypertensive treatment with or without renal denervation for resistant hypertension (DENERHTN): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trialMichel Azizi
Paris Descartes University, Paris, France Hypertension Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM, Centre d Investigations Cliniques 1418, Paris, France Electronic address
Lancet 385:1957-65. 2015....
- Increased arterial stiffness is an independent predictor of atrial fibrillation in hypertensive patientsAntoine Cremer
Cardiology Hypertension Department, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, Bordeaux, France
J Hypertens 33:2150-5. 2015..The possible relationship between arterial stiffness and atrial fibrillation is insufficiently documented and is probably complex. We tested these relations in a cohort of hypertensive patients...
- Left ventricular mass is better correlated with arising blood pressure than with office or occasional blood pressureP Gosse
, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 10:505-10. 1997..A marked abrupt daily elevation in blood pressure on arising, then maintained for a certain time, could contribute to the development of left ventricular hypertrophy and may constitute a trigger for cardiovascular complications...
- Daytime and nighttime ambulatory blood pressures should be calculated over the true sleep/waking cycle and not over arbitrary periodsP Gosse
, Bordeaux, France
Am J Hypertens 9:269-72. 1996....
- SFE/SFHTA/AFCE primary aldosteronism consensus: Introduction and handbookLaurence Amar
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Unité d hypertension artérielle, 75098 Paris cedex 15, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 77:179-86. 2016..If PA is non-lateralized or the patient refuses surgery, spironolactone is administered as first-line treatment, replaced by amiloride, eplerenone or calcium-channel blockers if insufficiently effective or poorly tolerated. ..
- [Detection of left ventricular hypertrophy in arterial hypertension]P Gosse
Service de cardiologie, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:27-9. 1995..The intensive research into this problem, further stimulated by the encouraging results of the HYCAR study, should help define the role and value of echocardiography in the future management of hypertension...
- Successful laparoscopic operation of bilateral pheochromocytoma in a patient with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeL Bemurat
Hôpital Saint André, Service de Cardiologie Hypertension arterielle, Bordeaux, France
J Hum Hypertens 16:281-4. 2002..It provides further support for a genetic anomaly in this condition. Our case also indicates the interest of laparoscopy for the surgical treatment of adrenal pheochromocytoma, even in bilateral tumors...
- Determinants of arterial compliance in patients treated by hemodialysisC Level
, , Bordeaux, France
Clin Nephrol 56:435-44. 2001....
- HY-Quest, standardized patient questionnaire to be completed at home before a first visit for hypertension: a validation study in specialized centres in FranceNicolas Postel-Vinay
aAssistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, Hypertension Unit bUniversité Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 cAssistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Tenon Hospital, Internal Medicine Department dCHU Poitiers, Cardiology Department eUniversité Poitiers, Poitiers fDepartment of Cardiology, University Hospital gBioclinic Radiopharmaceutics Laboratory, INSERM U1039, Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble hCardiology Hypertension Department, Saint Andre Hospital, CHU Bordeaux iUniversité Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, France
J Hypertens 32:693-8. 2014..To evaluate a patient questionnaire (HY-QUEST) to be completed at home before consulting in a hypertension clinic for the first time...
- Effect of telmisartan vs. ramipril on 'dipping' status and blood pressure variability: pooled analysis of the PRISMA studiesPhilippe Gosse
Cardiology Hypertension Department, Saint Andre Hospital, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Hypertens Res 37:151-7. 2014..These findings need to be confirmed in long-term prospective trials and observational studies. ..
- Myocardial tissue characterization in echocardiography with videodensitometry: evaluation of a new semi-automatic software applied on a population of hypertensive patientsR Lasserre
Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Echocardiogr 4:292-9. 2003..The aim was to determine parameters differentiating healthy and hypertrophic myocardium in hypertensive patients...
- Domestic activities after myocardial infarction. Their impact is underestimatedS Gosse
Department of Cardiology, Saint Andre Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 47:1-8. 2011..Although aptitude for resumption of work is usually evaluated after myocardial infarction, the return home often entails significant daily obligations whose cardiovascular implications are poorly described and may well be underestimated...
- [Value of protocol using standardised activities of daily living for the programming of rate responsive pacing]J Clementy
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Cardiologique, Universite de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1031-8. 1993..This study confirms the value of using everyday activities for programming rate responsive pacemakers, the limitations of automatic adjustment and the need for personalized programming...
- Different effects of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring on subjective and objective sleep qualityAnne Isabelle Tropeano
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Blood Press Monit 11:315-20. 2006..To determine whether ambulatory blood pressure monitoring affects objective and subjective sleep quality in patients tested at home...
- Perindopril/indapamide combination more effective than enalapril in reducing blood pressure and left ventricular mass: the PICXEL studyBjorn Dahlof
Goteborg University, Sweden
J Hypertens 23:2063-70. 2005..The PICXEL study compared the efficacy of a strategy based on first-line combination with perindopril/indapamide versus monotherapy with enalapril in reducing left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) in hypertensive patients...
- The prospective, randomized investigation of the safety and efficacy of telmisartan versus ramipril using ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (PRISMA I)Bryan Williams
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester School of Medicine, Leicester, UK
J Hypertens 24:193-200. 2006..To compare the efficacy and safety of once-daily telmisartan and ramipril on blood pressure (BP) reductions during the last 6 h of the dosing interval...
- Validation of a two-axis accelerometer for monitoring patient activity during blood pressure or ECG holter monitoringMarie Laure Wetzler
Novacor, 4 passage Saint Antoine, 92508 Rueil Malmaison, France
Blood Press Monit 8:229-35. 2003..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficiency of a position/activity monitoring system based on a dual-axis accelerometer strapped to the subject's thigh and a position sensor located within a monitor placed on the subject's belt...