Affiliation: CHU de Nantes
- [Herpes as viewed by the French: result of a survey conducted on 10,000 persons]Brigitte Dreno
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:436-9. 2002..Among patients with genital herpes only 34% indicated a sexual relationship and a mode of contamination. The interference with sexual and social life is important. Development of information and communication on herpes appears crucial...
- Erythromycin-resistance of cutaneous bacterial flora in acneB Dreno
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, Hotel Dieu, Pl A Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Eur J Dermatol 11:549-53. 2001..However, zinc combined with erythromycin in vitro did not modify the erythromycin MIC. This first French study on bacterial resistance to erythromycin in acne patients confirms the results of studies performed in other countries...
- Multicenter randomized comparative double-blind controlled clinical trial of the safety and efficacy of zinc gluconate versus minocycline hydrochloride in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgarisB Dreno
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, France
Dermatology 203:135-40. 2001..CONCLUSION: Minocycline and zinc gluconate are both effective in the treatment of inflammatory acne, but minocycline has a superior effect evaluated to be 17% in our study...
- Bacterial resistance in French acne patientsG Dumont-Wallon
CHU Nantes, Clinique Dermatologique, Hotel Dieu, Nantes Cedex, France
Int J Dermatol 49:283-8. 2010..Numerous series of cases have been published on European populations of acne patients, but at the moment we still have very few data regarding France...
- Development and evaluation of a Global Acne Severity Scale (GEA Scale) suitable for France and EuropeB Dreno
Department of Cancero Dermatology, Hotel Dieu, Nantes Cedex, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:43-8. 2011..Many acne grading methods exist; however, there is no agreed-upon standard. Our objective was to create and validate a reproducible acne assessment scale for rating the severity of juvenile facial acne suitable for use in France and Europe...
- Profile of vemurafenib-induced severe skin toxicitiesL Peuvrel
Department of Dermatology, Nantes University Hospital, INSERM U892 CNRS U6299, CIC biothérapie INSERM 0503, Nantes, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 30:250-7. 2016..Vemurafenib, a BRAF inhibitor, is commonly associated with skin toxicity. The impact of severe forms is unknown...
- Heredity: a prognostic factor for acneF Ballanger
Department of Dermatology, Hotel Dieu, FR 44035 Nantes, France
Dermatology 212:145-9. 2006..The role of heredity in acne severity and therapeutic response remains unclear...
- Development of brain metastases in patients with metastatic melanoma while receiving ipilimumabC Frenard
Department of Dermatology, Skin Cancer Unit, Nantes University Hospital, INSERM 892, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093, Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Neurooncol 126:355-60. 2016..Ipilimumab is a monoclonal antibody blocking the inhibitory molecule CTLA4 expressed by activated T lympocytes, used for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Recent studies have shown its potential efficacy on brain metastases...
- Addition of zinc and manganese to a biological dressingI Tenaud
UTCG, CHU Nantes, Institut de Biologie, Nantes Cedex, France
J Dermatolog Treat 20:90-3. 2009..In addition, at the clinical level, a dressing of keratinocytes suspended in a fibrin glue has been proposed for the treatment of chronic wounds...
- [Dacarbazine: deticene]G Quereux
Service de Dermatologie, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:1001-3. 2007
- Prognostic value of tyrosinase reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in metastatic melanomaG Quereux
Department of Dermatology, CHU, Nantes, France
Dermatology 203:221-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: The prognostic value of this method could be improved by combining it with PCR of other melanoma markers (Melan A, Mage 3) or assays of serum markers (S 100 protein or lactate dehydrogenase)...
- Prospective study of risk factors of relapse after treatment of acne with oral isotretinoinG Quereux
Department of Dermatology, Hotel Dieu, Nantes University Hospital, Place Alexis Recordeau, FR 44035 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Dermatology 212:168-76. 2006..The effectiveness of oral isotretinoin against acne is undeniable. However, few data on the maintenance of effect after treatment termination have been published...
- Evaluation of a 1-h exposure time to mechlorethamine in patients undergoing topical treatmentP Foulc
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44035 Nantes cedex 1, France
Br J Dermatol 147:926-30. 2002..Reducing the concentration to avoid this side-effect has been only modestly successful...
- Combination therapy with adapalene-benzoyl peroxide and oral lymecycline in the treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind controlled studyB Dreno
Hopital Hotel Dieu, Department of Dermato Oncology, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Br J Dermatol 165:383-90. 2011..Oral antibiotics in association with a topical retinoid with or without benzoyl peroxide (BPO) are the recommended first-line option in the treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris...
- Effect of selenium intake on the prevention of cutaneous epithelial lesions in organ transplant recipientsB Dreno
CHU Nantes, Clinique Dermatologique, Hotel Dieu, BP 1005, 44305 Nantes Cedex, France
Eur J Dermatol 17:140-5. 2007..This was demonstrated by the high rate of epithelial lesions detected, which was more than twice the rate usually reported in the literature...
- Algorithm for dermocosmetic use in the management of cutaneous side-effects associated with targeted therapy in oncologyB Dreno
Department of Cancero Dermatology, Hotel Dieu, CHU Nantes, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 27:1071-80. 2013..Due to the current lack of clinical evidence, only a review of published recommendations including suggestions for concomitant cosmetic use was conducted. ..
- Modulatory effects of selenium and strontium salts on keratinocyte-derived inflammatory cytokinesP Celerier
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Eur J Dermatol 12:LVI-LVIII. 2002
- Interest of the association retinaldehyde/glycolic acid in adult acneB Dreno
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:529-32. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tolerance and the efficiency of RAL (0.1%)/GA (6%) in adult women with acne when used alone or in combination with their usual acne products except retinoids...
- Induction of toll-like receptors by Propionibacterium acnesS Jugeau
INSERM U601, CHU, Pl A Ricordeau, 44095 Nantes, France
Br J Dermatol 153:1105-13. 2005..Recent studies have found that keratinocytes express toll-like receptors (TLRs) implicated in immediate immunity. No studies have, to date, been carried out on the action of P. acnes upon TLR activation in keratinocytes...
- [Clinical and psychological correlation in acne: use of the ECLA and CADI scales]B Dreno
Departement de Dermatologie, CHU Nantes, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:451-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to use both of these scales in individual applications in order to determine whether or not any correlation exists between the two specific tools and to determine the two groups of patients affected by acne...
- [Acne, pregnant women and zinc salts: a literature review]B Dreno
Clinique Dermatologique, Hotel Dieu, CHU de Nantes, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44035 Nantes, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:27-33. 2008....
- Topical retinaldehyde with glycolic acid: study of tolerance and acceptability in association with anti-acne treatments in 1,709 patientsB Dreno
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, Nantes, France
Dermatology 210:22-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tolerance of Diacneal used by 1,709 acne patients in combination with their usual acne products except retinoids...