Affiliation: CHU de Nantes
- Oncogenesis of multiple myeloma: 14q32 and 13q chromosomal abnormalities are not randomly distributed, but correlate with natural history, immunological features, and clinical presentationHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory and Clinical Department of Hematology, University Hospital, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Blood 99:2185-91. 2002..The strong correlations we found might be the basis for a novel genetic classification of MM, as has been previously demonstrated for leukemias and lymphomas. Furthermore, our study supports different models for MM oncogenesis...
- Role of genetics in prognostication in myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, and INSERM, U601, University Hospital, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 20:625-35. 2007..However, even in these genetically defined subgroups, an outcome heterogeneity is observed, suggesting the role of other factors (genetic or otherwise) in disease evolution...
- Long-term analysis of the IFM 99 trials for myeloma: cytogenetic abnormalities [t(4;14), del(17p), 1q gains] play a major role in defining long-term survivalHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Clin Oncol 30:1949-52. 2012..However, all of these predict shorter survival. To identify patients with a longer life expectancy, we updated the data of patients treated in the IFM (Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome) 99-02 and 99-04 trials...
- The dChip survival analysis module for microarray dataSamir B Amin
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard School of Public Health, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:72. 2011..However, there is no software that can perform survival analysis using SNP array data or draw survival curves interactively for expression-based sample clusters...
- Impact of high-risk cytogenetics and prior therapy on outcomes in patients with advanced relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma treated with lenalidomide plus dexaméthasoneH Avet-Loiseau
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unite 892, Nantes, France
Leukemia 24:623-8. 2010....
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone induction improves outcome of patients with t(4;14) myeloma but not outcome of patients with del(17p)Herve Avet-Loiseau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4630-4. 2010..Patients presenting with either t(4;14) or del(17p) are known to have a short event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival (OS). Some preliminary data suggest that bortezomib is able to overcome these prognostic parameters...
- Ultra high-risk myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:489-93. 2010..However, focusing on fit patients with ISS 3, high proliferation, and poor-risk genetic changes, these patients should probably benefit from dose-dense and prolonged therapeutic schemas, ideally within prospective trials...
- Genetic abnormalities and survival in multiple myeloma: the experience of the Intergroupe Francophone du MyélomeHerve Avet-Loiseau
INSERM Unité 601, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes, France
Blood 109:3489-95. 2007..In myeloma, the genomic aberrations t(4;14) and del(17p), together with beta2-microglobulin level, are important independent predictors of survival. These findings have implications for the design of risk-adapted treatment strategies...
- Achievement of at least very good partial response is a simple and robust prognostic factor in patients with multiple myeloma treated with high-dose therapy: long-term analysis of the IFM 99-02 and 99-04 TrialsJean Luc Harousseau
Centre René Gauducheau Bd Jacques Monod 44850 St Herblain, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5720-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to analyze the prognostic impact of very good partial response (VGPR) in patients treated with high-dose therapy...
- Bortezomib plus dexamethasone versus reduced-dose bortezomib, thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction treatment before autologous stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 118:5752-8; quiz 5982. 2011..001). vtD, including reduced doses of bortezomib and thalidomide, yields higher VGPR rates compared with VD and can be considered a new effective triplet combination before HDT/ASCT...
- Long-term disease-free survival after gemtuzumab, intermediate-dose cytarabine, and mitoxantrone in patients with CD33(+) primary resistant or relapsed acute myeloid leukemiaPatrice Chevallier
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 26:5192-7. 2008..To determine the antitumor activity and safety of a combination of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO), intermediate-dose cytarabine, and mitoxantrone (MIDAM) in patients with refractory or relapsed CD33(+) acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Recurrent 14q32 translocations determine the prognosis of multiple myeloma, especially in patients receiving intensive chemotherapyPhilippe Moreau
Clinical Hematology Department and the Hematology Laboratory, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 100:1579-83. 2002..These data emphasized the interest in analyzing these two translocations by fluorescence in situ hybridization in prospective therapeutic trials in order to consider these translocations as distinct entities...
- CD38 expression and secondary 17p deletion are important prognostic factors in chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaPatrice Chevallier
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Institut de Biologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
Br J Haematol 116:142-50. 2002..In conclusion, CD38 expression and secondary 17p deletion are important poor prognostic indicators, especially in Binet stage A CLL...
- Melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide versus melphalan and prednisone alone or reduced-intensity autologous stem cell transplantation in elderly patients with multiple myeloma (IFM 99-06): a randomised trialThierry Facon
Service d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
Lancet 370:1209-18. 2007..We assessed whether the addition of thalidomide to this combination, or reduced-intensity stem cell transplantation, would improve survival...
- Light-chain only multiple myeloma is due to the absence of functional (productive) rearrangement of the IgH gene at the DNA levelFlorence Magrangeas
Laboratory of Hematology, Clinical Hematology Department, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 103:3869-75. 2004..Furthermore, it showed that this defect did not prevent the activation of the switch process because most of 14q32 translocations observed in LC MM occurred at switch regions...
- Patients with CD45 negative multiple myeloma receiving high-dose therapy have a shorter survival than those with CD45 positive multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
Department of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Haematologica 89:547-51. 2004..The aims of this study were to confirm this hypothesis and to test the prognostic value of CD45 expression in newly diagnosed MM patients...
- 14q32 Translocations discriminate IgM multiple myeloma from Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemiaHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Semin Oncol 30:153-5. 2003..Especially in IgM MM, the search for t(11;14) might be useful in difficult cases to discriminate with WM...
- Achievement of VGPR to induction therapy is an important prognostic factor for longer PFS in the IFM 2005-01 trialPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 117:3041-4. 2011..This study is registered with EudraCT (https://eudract.ema.europa.eu; EUDRACT 2005-000537-38) and http://clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00200681)...
- Phase 1/2 study of carfilzomib plus melphalan and prednisone in patients aged over 65 years with newly diagnosed multiple myelomaPhilippe Moreau
Hematology Department, University Hospital Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Blood 125:3100-4. 2015..The combination of CMP was observed to be effective in elderly patients with newly diagnosed MM. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT01279694 (Eudract identifier 2010-019462-92)...
- Chromosomal abnormalities are major prognostic factors in elderly patients with multiple myeloma: the intergroupe francophone du myélome experienceHerve Avet-Loiseau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Toulouse, France
J Clin Oncol 31:2806-9. 2013..However, this has been especially demonstrated in patients age < 66 years treated with intensive approaches. The goal of this study was to address this issue in elderly patients treated with conventional-dose chemotherapy...
- VTD is superior to VCD prior to intensive therapy in multiple myeloma: results of the prospective IFM2013-04 trialPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 127:2569-74. 2016..Our data support the preferential use of VTD rather than VCD in preparation for ASCT. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT01564537 and at EudraCT as #2013-003174-27. ..
- Prognostic significance of copy-number alterations in multiple myelomaHerve Avet-Loiseau
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U892, Universite de Nantes, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, Nantes, 44093, France
J Clin Oncol 27:4585-90. 2009..Chromosomal aberrations are a hallmark of multiple myeloma but their global prognostic impact is largely unknown...
- Gene expression profiling of multiple myeloma reveals molecular portraits in relation to the pathogenesis of the diseaseFlorence Magrangeas
INSERM U463, Department of Clinical Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 101:4998-5006. 2003..This study shows that DNA microarrays enable us to perform a molecular dissection of the bioclinical diversity of MM and provide new molecular tools to investigate the pathogenesis of malignant plasma cells...
- Translocation t(11;14)(q13;q32) is the hallmark of IgM, IgE, and nonsecretory multiple myeloma variantsHerve Avet-Loiseau
Laboratory of Hematology, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 101:1570-1. 2003..Thus, for unknown reasons, t(11;14) is the hallmark of IgM, IgE, and NS MM, (but not IgD MM), with a 5-fold increase of its incidence compared to that of IgG and IgA MM...
- Current trends in autologous stem-cell transplantation for myeloma in the era of novel therapiesPhilippe Moreau
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nantes, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1898-906. 2011....
- Prediction of survival in multiple myeloma based on gene expression profiles reveals cell cycle and chromosomal instability signatures in high-risk patients and hyperdiploid signatures in low-risk patients: a study of the Intergroupe Francophone du MyélomOlivier Decaux
L Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, U892, University of Nantes, University, Hospital, Hematology Laboratory, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 26:4798-805. 2008..We used gene expression profiles of myeloma cells obtained at diagnosis to identify broadly applicable prognostic markers...
- Stem-cell transplantation in multiple myelomaJean Luc Harousseau
Department of Hematology, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:603-18. 2005..The results of allogeneic SCT remain disappointing due to a high transplant mortality. Strategies combining ASCT and reduced-intensity allogeneic SCT are currently being studied...
- CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed in a subset of MGUS and multiple myeloma with unexpectedly good prognosisRegis Bataille
INSERM UMR 601, Institute of Biology, Nantes, France
Leuk Res 32:379-82. 2008..In conclusion, CD117 (c-kit) is aberrantly expressed on a subset of MGUS and MM with a more indolent presentation and is functionally antinomic to CD221 (IGF-1R). CD117 expression could be related to a specific oncogenic pathway in MM...
- Translocation t(14;16) and multiple myeloma: is it really an independent prognostic factor?Herve Avet-Loiseau
Hematology Laboratory, University Hospital, and Inserm U892, Nantes, France
Blood 117:2009-11. 2011..28). Moreover, in multivariate analyses, the t(14;16) was not prognostic (P = .39). In conclusion, our data do not support the use of t(14;16)-specific probes in the diagnostic panels of multiple myeloma...
- Mutations in TP53 are exclusively associated with del(17p) in multiple myelomaLaurence Lodé
Laboratoire d Hematologie, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Haematologica 95:1973-6. 2010..In conclusion, we showed that 37% of the myeloma patients with del(17p) present a TP53 mutation versus 0% in patients lacking the del(17p). The prognostic significance of these mutations remains to be evaluated...
- Chromothripsis identifies a rare and aggressive entity among newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patientsFlorence Magrangeas
INSERM U892, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
Blood 118:675-8. 2011..3% of samples. Moreover, this catastrophic event confers a poor outcome. Because chromothripsis appears to occur in a single crisis, our results suggest that high-risk MM patients use this novel way of cancer evolution...
- Prognostic value of HER2 expression in meningiomas: an immunohistochemical and fluorescence in situ hybridization studyDelphine Loussouarn
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Nantes, France
Hum Pathol 37:415-21. 2006..Some meningiomas exhibit HER2 protein overexpression in part induced by gene amplification. However, only HER2 overexpression could represent an independent prognostic factor in meningiomas...
- Serum free light chains should be the target of response evaluation in light chain multiple myeloma rather than urinesThomas Dejoie
University Hospital Nantes, Nantes, France
Blood . 2016..We conclude that improved sensitivity and prognostic value of serum over urine measurements provide a strong basis for recommending the former for monitoring LCMM patients...
- A Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies a Novel Locus for Bortezomib-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in European Patients with Multiple MyelomaFlorence Magrangeas
INSERM UMR 892, CNRS UMR 6299, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
Clin Cancer Res 22:4350-5. 2016..Painful peripheral neuropathy is a frequent toxicity associated with bortezomib therapy. This study aimed to identify loci that affect susceptibility to this toxicity...
- Understanding the role of hyperdiploidy in myeloma prognosis: which trisomies really matter?Marie Lorraine Chrétien
Department of Hematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Dijon, France
Blood 126:2713-9. 2015..This finding could be important for routine assessment of prognosis in myeloma, and some high-risk patients with a traditional evaluation could in fact be standard-risk patients. ..
- Administration of mylotarg 4 days after beginning of a chemotherapy including intermediate-dose aracytin and mitoxantrone (MIDAM regimen) produces a high rate of complete hematologic remission in patients with CD33+ primary resistant or relapsed acute myePatrice Chevallier
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 9 quai Moncousu, BP1005, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Leuk Res 29:1003-7. 2005..The MIDAM protocol appears to be highly effective especially in patients with poor risk cytogenetic and/or refractory disease...
- Four-color flow cytometry bypasses limitations of IG/TCR polymerase chain reaction for minimal residual disease detection in certain subsets of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNelly Robillard
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Nantes, France
Haematologica 90:1516-23. 2005..We aimed at defining whether flow cytometry (FC) techniques can bypass limitations of PCR for MRD determination...
- The impact of genomics on the management of myelomaJill Corre
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Universite, Toulouse, France
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 9:1200-6. 2011..The use of some of these techniques is now mandatory for the management of patients. Although risk-adapted therapy is not yet a routine practice in myeloma, these molecular changes are essential for the definition of the prognosis...
- ABT-737 is highly effective against molecular subgroups of multiple myelomaLinda Bodet
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche_S892, Institut de Recherche Thérapeutique de l Université de Nantes, Nantes, France
Blood 118:3901-10. 2011....
- CD20 is associated with a small mature plasma cell morphology and t(11;14) in multiple myelomaNelly Robillard
Laboratory of Hematology and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U463, Institute of Biology, Nantes, France
Blood 102:1070-1. 2003..0001). In conclusion, CD20 expression is associated with small mature plasma cell morphology and with t(11;14) in patients with MM...
- Genetics of multiple myeloma: another heterogeneity level?Jill Corre
Unit for Genomics in Myeloma, L Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse Oncopole, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Toulouse, France Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Toulouse Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U1037, Toulouse, France
Blood 125:1870-6. 2015....