Affiliation: CHU de Clermont-Ferrand
- [Iron overload and chronic liver diseases]Armand Abergel
Centre d hépato gastroentérologie, Hotel Dieu, 63058 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1
Rev Prat 56:2130-4. 2006..These studies will help to better define the role of venesection and iron chelators in patients with chronic liver diseases...
- Ledipasvir plus sofosbuvir for 12 weeks in patients with hepatitis C genotype 4 infectionArmand Abergel
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Estaing, Universite d Auvergne, UMR CNRS 6284, Clermont Ferrand, France
Hepatology 64:1049-56. 2016..None of the patients who relapsed had cirrhosis. The most common adverse events were asthenia, headache, and fatigue. No patients experienced a serious adverse event...
- Ledipasvir-sofosbuvir in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 5 infection: an open-label, multicentre, single-arm, phase 2 studyArmand Abergel
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Estaing, Universite d Auvergne, UMR CNRS 6284, Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 16:459-64. 2016..We assessed the efficacy and safety of combination therapy with the NS5A inhibitor ledipasvir and the NS5B polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir in patients with HCV genotype 5...
- The epidemiology and virology of hepatitis C virus genotype 5 in central FranceA Abergel
CHU de Clermont Ferrand, Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1437-46. 2007..We previously reported high prevalence of hepatitis C virus genotype 5a (HCV 5) (14%) in Central France...
- Growth arrest and decrease of alpha-SMA and type I collagen expression by palmitic acid in the rat hepatic stellate cell line PAV-1Armand Abergel
Unité des Maladies Métaboliques et Micro nutriments, Equipe Vitamines, INRA de Clermont Fd Theix, 63122 Saint Genès, Champanelle, France
Dig Dis Sci 51:986-95. 2006..We also established that the association of both compounds strongly decreased collagen type I expression. Our results suggest the potential use of palmitic acid alone or in combination with retinol to induce HSC deactivation...
- Histological response in patients treated by interferon plus ribavirin for hepatitis C virus-related severe fibrosisArmand Abergel
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1219-27. 2004..Studies of viral hepatitis C have suggested that fibrosis can regress, at least in patients with sustained virological response. A recent study suggested that cirrhosis was reversible in sustained and non-virological responders...
- Peginterferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C with severe fibrosis: a multicentre randomized controlled trial comparing two doses of peginterferon alpha-2bA Abergel
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Viral Hepat 13:811-20. 2006....
- Effectiveness of telaprevir or boceprevir in treatment-experienced patients with HCV genotype 1 infection and cirrhosisChristophe Hezode
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Universite Paris Est, INSERM U955, Creteil, France
Gastroenterology 147:132-142.e4. 2014..We investigated the effectiveness of the protease inhibitors peginterferon and ribavirin in treatment-experienced patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 infection and cirrhosis...
- Treatment of the rat hepatic stellate cell line, PAV-1, by retinol and palmitic acid leads to a convenient model to study retinoids metabolismPatrick Sauvant
INRA Unité des maladies métaboliques et micronutriments, Equipe Vitamines, Clermont Ferrand Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Biol Cell 94:401-8. 2002..In conclusion, our study shows that PAV-1 cells treated with retinol and palmitic acid is a sound and convenient model for studying vitamin A mobilisation, a fundamental physiological event occurring in HSC...
- Daily or three times per week interferon alpha-2b in combination with ribavirin or interferon alone for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to previous interferon aloneVictor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Hepatol 36:819-26. 2002....
- Usefulness of EUS-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in the diagnosis of suspected or recurring lymphoproliferative disordersLaurent Poincloux
Department of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Diseases, CHU Estaing de Clermont Ferrand, F 63003 Clermont Ferrand, France UMR Université d Auvergne CNRS 6284 ISIT, Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Surg Oncol 25:459-465. 2016..EUS-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (EUS-FNAB) of deep-seated lymphadenopathy is proposed to identify lymphoproliferative disorders when no superficial lesion is accessible...
- The Clinical Outcome in Patients Treated With a Newly Designed SEMS in Cervical Esophageal Strictures and FistulasLaurent Poincloux
Digestive Diseases Department Clinical Research Unit, NHE University Hospital Auvergne University Research Unit CNRS 6284 ISIT Image Sciences for Innovations Techniques Biostatistics Unit, DRCI, Gabriel Montpied University Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Clin Gastroenterol 50:379-87. 2016..Using a self-expandable metallic stent (SEMS) in the cervical esophagus is controversial due to an increased risk of complications. Here we assessed a new type of SEMS purpose-designed for the cervical esophagus area...
- Triple therapy in treatment-experienced patients with HCV-cirrhosis in a multicentre cohort of the French Early Access Programme (ANRS CO20-CUPIC) - NCT01514890Christophe Hezode
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Universite Paris Est, INSERM U955, Creteil, France
J Hepatol 59:434-41. 2013..We report the week 16 safety and efficacy analysis in a cohort of compensated cirrhotics treated in the French Early Access Programme...
- Evolutionary history of hepatitis C virus genotype 5a in France, a multicenter ANRS studyCecile Henquell
CHU de Clermont Ferrand, Centre de Biologie, Laboratoire de Virologie, F 63003 Clermont Ferrand, France
Infect Genet Evol 11:496-503. 2011..Phylodynamic analyses give a plausible reconstruction of the evolutionary history of HCV genotype 5a in France, suggesting the concomitant roles of transfusion, iatrogenic route and intra-familial transmission in viral diffusion...
- [Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis]Corinne Bonny
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hotel Dieu, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, BP 69, 63 003 Clermont Ferrand, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:735-41. 2002..Radiofrequency is an effective therapeutic modality for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. However few data are available with regard to the complication rate, the feasibility and long term survival...
- Temporary placement of a covered duodenal stent can avoid riskier anterograde biliary drainage when ERCP for obstructive jaundice fails due to duodenal invasionFelix Goutorbe
Department of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Diseases, NHE University Hospital of Clermont Ferrand, 1 Place Lucie et Raymond Aubrac, 63003, Clermont Ferrand, France
Surg Endosc . 2016....
- Impact of medication reconciliation at discharge on continuity of patient care in FranceMélanie Van Hollebeke
Pharmacy Department, University Hospital of Clermont Ferrand, 63000, Clermont Ferrand, France
Int J Clin Pharm 38:1149-56. 2016..A pre-project study is needed to define which service departments and patients groups should be given priority for this process initiative. ..
- PAV-1, a new rat hepatic stellate cell line converts retinol into retinoic acid, a process altered by ethanolPatrick Sauvant
INRA Unité des Maladies Métaboliques et Micronutriments Equipe Vitamines, Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, Clermont Ferrand, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:1017-29. 2002....
- [Polycystic liver disease and its main complications]Ludovic Rosenfeld
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hotel Dieu, CHU, Clermont Ferrand, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:1097-106. 2002
- High prevalence of hepatitis C virus type 5 in central France evidenced by a prospective study from 1996 to 2002Cecile Henquell
Laboratoire de Virologie, Faculte de Medecine, 28 Place Henri Dunant, 63001 Clermont Ferrand cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:3030-5. 2004..Its apparent confinement to a restricted area raises the question of how it emerged and underscores the need for further studies of HCV type prevalence, routes of transmission, pathogenicity, and responses to treatment...
- Non-lethal Right Liver Atrophy After TIPS Occlusion in A Cirrhotic Patient: Introducing The Hepatic BiembolizationBertrand Le Roy
Department of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Estaing Hospital, CHU Clermont Ferrand, 1 Place Lucie et Raymond Aubrac, 63003, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Gastrointest Surg 20:1671-2. 2016..Secondary obstruction of the shunt is a classic but potentially lethal complication...
- Pancreatic intubation facilitated by methylene blue injection decreases the risk for postpapillectomy acute pancreatitisLaurent Poincloux
Departments of aDigestive Diseases bPathology cClinical Research Unit dBiostatistics Unit, DRCI, University Hospital of Clermont Ferrand eJean Perrin Centre, Clermont Ferrand, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:990-5. 2014....
- A randomized controlled trial of endoscopist vs. anaesthetist-administered sedation for colonoscopyLaurent Poincloux
Clermont University, Auvergne University, Clermont Ferrand, France
Dig Liver Dis 43:553-8. 2011..Endoscopist-administered propofol sedation for colonoscopy has not been compared to anaesthetist-administered deep sedation in clinical trials. Our aim was to compare patients' satisfaction and safety during these two sedation modalities...
- Endoscopic treatment of benign esophageal strictures: a literature reviewLaurent Poincloux
a Department of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Diseases, Estaing University Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:53-64. 2017..By contrast, long-term outcome with endoprosthetic treatment is disappointing, and stent placement should be carefully considered and individualized...
- Comparison of two transarterial chemoembolization strategies for hepatocellular carcinomaJerome Tavernier
Department of Pharmacy, University Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
Anticancer Res 34:7247-53. 2014..This retrospective study aimed to compare the efficacy of and tolerance to two center-related conventional transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) strategies in the management of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Cisplatin pharmacokinetics in nontumoral pig liver treated with intravenous or transarterial hepatic chemoembolizationPascal Chabrot
Pôle de Radiologie, CHU Clermont Ferrand, 58 rue Montalembert, 63000, Clermont Ferrand, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 35:1467-74. 2012..To evaluate cisplatin (CDDP) pharmacokinetics after its intravenous (IV) or intrahepatic arterial administration (IHA) in healthy pigs with or without embolization by absorbable gelatine...
- Iron absorption in dysmetabolic iron overload syndrome is decreased and correlates with increased plasma hepcidinMarc Ruivard
Service de Medecine Interne, Hotel Dieu, CHU de Clermont Ferrand, 63058 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
J Hepatol 50:1219-25. 2009..The dysmetabolic iron overload syndrome (DIOS) is a common disorder but its origin remains unclear...
- Randomized controlled trial of tamoxifen in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJean Claude Barbare
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier, 8 avenue Henri Adnot, 60321 Compiègne, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4338-46. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of tamoxifen administration in improving overall survival of patients with advanced HCC...
- Managing drug-drug interactions with new direct-acting antiviral agents in chronic hepatitis CSarah Talavera Pons
Service de Pharmacie Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Clermont Ferrand, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol . 2016..The key to interpret DDI data is a good understanding of the pharmacokinetic profiles of the drugs involved. Their ability to inhibit CYP450-3A4 and transporters (hepatic and/or intestinal) can have significant clinical consequences...
- Unusual presentation of severe intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy leading to fetal deathNathalie Favre
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Féedération de Gynécologie Obstétrique, the Department of Hepatology, Hotel Dieu, and the UMR CNRS 6247 GReD, Clermont Universite, Clermont Ferrand, France
Obstet Gynecol 114:491-3. 2009..We report an unusual presentation of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy complicated by fetal death and associated with homozygous bile salt export pump polymorphism...
- [Mesenteric venous thrombosis. A retrospective study of 23 cases]Virginie Rieu
Fédération de médecine interne, Maladies Infectieuses et Hématologie Clinique, CHRU, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:133-8. 2003..Mesenteric venous thrombosis is uncommon. Diagnosis is difficult and much remains to be learned about clinical aspects, etiology and treatment options...
- The antibody response to hepatitis B virus vaccination is negatively influenced by the hepatitis C virus viral load in patients with chronic hepatitis C: a case-control studyVincent Leroy
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Grenoble, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:485-9. 2002..65, P < 0.0001), weight < 75 kg (OR = 1.99, P < 0.035), and age < 50 years (OR = 1.58, P < 0.082). Our results suggest that viral load seems to negatively influence the response to HBV vaccine...
- Antiviral effect of ribavirin in early non-responders to interferon monotherapy assessed by kinetics of hepatitis C virus RNA and hepatitis C virus core antigenFrancoise Lunel
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie virologie, CHU Angers, Angers Cedex, France
J Hepatol 39:826-33. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy of ribavirin, given in second intention in non-responders to interferon alone, by studying viral kinetics...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in patients unresponsive to interferon. Interest of re-treatment combining interferon induction therapy and ribavirin (a multicenter pilot study)Xavier Causse
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHR La Source, BP 6709, 45067 Orleans Cedex 2
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:117-21. 2005....
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Multistix 8 SG reagent strip in diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitisJean Baptiste Nousbaum
Services d Hépato Gastroentérologie de, Brest, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 45:1275-81. 2007..04). Using a threshold of 2+ for positivity of the reagent strip, sensitivity was 45.3% for the diagnosis of SBP, specificity was 99.2%, positive predictive value was 77.9%, and negative predictive value was 96.9%...
- HCV genotype 5: epidemiology and spread of an uncommon genotypeJannick Verbeeck
Laboratory of Clinical and Epidemiological Virology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Virol 41:170-1. 2008
- [Medical practices and expectations of general practitioners in relation to hepatitis C virus infection in the Auvergne region]Corinne Bonny
Réseau hépatite C, Auvergne
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:1021-5. 2003..To determine the medical practices and expectations of general practitioners concerning screening and management of hepatitis C in the Auvergne region...
- [Updating of the management of anorectal stromal tumors]Ludovic Rosenfeld
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:612-3. 2004
- Terlipressin in patients with cirrhosis and type 1 hepatorenal syndrome: a retrospective multicenter studyRichard Moreau
INSERM U 481 et Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 122:923-30. 2002..Although the administration of terlipressin improves renal function, its effect on survival is unknown. This study investigated predictive factors of survival in patients with type 1 HRS treated with terlipressin...