Genomes and Genes
CHU de Grenoble
Organization: CHU de Grenoble
- [Surgical and/or endoscopic treatment of acquired tracheal stenosis in adult patients]O Cuisnier
Clinique ORL, Service ORL du Pr Reyt, CHU Michallon, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 121:3-13. 2004..Our goals were to study their epidemiology, changes in the surgical technique with the cervical or endoscopic approach, and the recent contribution of endoprotheses...
- Agreement of four competing guidelines on prevention of venous thromboembolism and comparison with observed physician practices: a cross-sectional study of 1,032 medical inpatientsJose Labarere
Unite d Evaluation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, France
J Gen Intern Med 19:849-55. 2004....
- Intervention targeted at nurses to improve venous thromboprophylaxisJose Labarere
Unite d Evaluation Medicale, Pavillon Taillefer, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Int J Qual Health Care 19:301-8. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of an intervention targeting both physicians and nurses vs. physicians only in improving venous thromboprophylaxis for older patients...
- [Malaria: from genetic and molecular biology to disease control]Pierre Ambroise-Thomas
Interactions Cellulaires Parasite Hôte, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble
J Soc Biol 198:181-5. 2004....
- Overdrive atrial pacing does not improve obstructive sleep apnoea syndromeJ L Pepin
Sleep Laboratory, Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 25:343-7. 2005..Overdrive pacing changed none of the respiratory indices, or sleep fragmentation or sleep structure parameters. In conclusion, atrial overdrive pacing has no significant effect on obstructive sleep apnoea...
- [Prediction of falls with performance on Timed "Up-and-Go" and one-leg-balance tests and additional cognitive tasks]J Vaillant
Laboratoire de sport et performance motrice, Universite Joseph Fourier Grenoble I, Grenoble, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 49:1-7. 2006..This study aimed to determine whether ordinary clinical performance on the timed "up-and-go" and one-leg-balance tests varied with additional cognitive tasks and the predictive value of this combination for future falls...
- [Sneddon syndrome with anti-mitochondrial type M5 antibodies]C Seinturier
Unité de médecine vasculaire 10 C, Département Pluridisciplinaire de Médecine, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 La Tronche Cedex
Presse Med 34:1011-2. 2005..Antimitochondrial type M5 antibodies (AMA-M5) are among the immunological abnormalities associated with Sneddon syndrome...
- Monitoring the capillary-alveolar leakage in an A.R.D.S. model using broncho-alveolar lavageRaphael Briot
Laboratoire TIMC, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5525 du Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Microcirculation 15:237-49. 2008..We developed a modified broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL) technique in order to perform repeated measurements of capillary-alveolar leakage of a macromolecule in oleic acid (OA)-induced lung injury...
- [What treatment for a patient of PS 2-3 with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer?]D Moro-Sibilot
PMAC pneumologie, CHU A Michallon, BP217X, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:6S120-4. 2007....
- Is interferon gamma one key of metastatic potential increase in human bladder carcinoma?Pierre Champelovier
Laboratoire de Cytologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Clin Cancer Res 9:4562-9. 2003..Because it acts in the anticancer process, we studied its cellular and molecular mechanisms of action on human bladder cancer cell lines...
- [Two cases of iatrogenic cutis and subcutis calcinosis after calcium-containing heparin injection]L Bonnecarrère
Service d anatomie pathologique et cytologique, Pôle Pluridisciplinaire de Médecine, clinique universitaire de dermato vénérologie, photobiologie et allergologie, Hopital Albert Michallon, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Mal Vasc 34:366-71. 2009..Subcutis calcinosis, characterized by abnormal calcium deposition in the skin, is a rare side effect of calcium containing heparins...
- Carbon monoxide poisoning monitoring network: a five-year experience of household poisonings in two French regionsNathalie Fouilhé Sam-Laï
Unité de Toxicologie Clinique, département de veille sanitaire, Centre Hospitalier, Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:349-53. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess the epidemiological situation of household poisonings in two French regions where a regional toxicovigilance network was active...
- Use of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring data to predict left ventricular mass in hypertensionJ P Baguet
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Blood Press Monit 6:73-80. 2001..Many studies have shown definite but weak correlations between 24h blood pressure and left ventricular mass in hypertension...
- Cervical joint position sense in rugby players versus non-rugby playersNicolas Pinsault
Ecole de kinésithérapie du CHU de Grenoble, France TIMC IMAG laboratory AFIRM and AGIM3 teams, UMR UJF CNRS 5525, Grenoble, France
Phys Ther Sport 11:66-70. 2010..To determine whether cervical joint position sense is modified by intensive rugby practice...
- Complement C4 monitoring in the follow-up of chronic hepatitis C treatmentC Dumestre-perard
Laboratoire d Immunologie JE 2236, CHU Grenoble, France
Clin Exp Immunol 127:131-6. 2002..Specific C4 monitoring appears to be a valuable tool for the follow-up of chronic hepatitis C treatment, together with the other conventional investigations...
- CD4(+), CD56(+) DC2 acute leukemia is characterized by recurrent clonal chromosomal changes affecting 6 major targets: a study of 21 cases by the Groupe Français de Cytogénétique HématologiqueDominique Leroux
Laboratoire d hématologie cellulaire et moléculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Michallon, Grenoble, France
Blood 99:4154-9. 2002..In conclusion, the present study documents for the first time the existence of a characteristic cytogenetic profile for this novel disease entity...
- [Neoadjuvant treatments in digestive cancer]C Rebischung
Pôle de Cancérologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble Grenoble, France
J Chir (Paris) 144:393-7. 2007..It allows surgical resection of lesions that where not resectable at diagnosis. The new standards of neoadjuvant treatments in gastrointestinal oncology are described in this article...
- Can the sentinel lymph node technique affect decisions to offer internal mammary chain irradiation?Jean Cyril Bourre
Nuclear Medicine Department, Grenoble University Hospital, La Tronche, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:758-64. 2009....
- [Contribution of radiology to the diagnosis of appendicitis in children]C Durand
Service de Radiopediatrie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09
Arch Pediatr 15:556-8. 2008
- Internal carotid false aneurysm after thermocoagulation of the gasserian ganglionSebastien Schmerber
Joseph Fournier University, Grenoble, France
Otol Neurotol 29:673-5. 2008..To identify petrous internal carotid bleeding aneurysm as a complication of gasserian ganglion thermocoagulation...
- EDUC'AVK: reduction of oral anticoagulant-related adverse events after patient education: a prospective multicenter open randomized studyGilles Pernod
Department of Vascular Medicine, CHU Grenoble, Grenoble, France
J Gen Intern Med 23:1441-6. 2008..Insufficient patient education is linked to poorly controlled anticoagulation. However the impact of a specific educational program on anticoagulation related morbidity remains unknown...
- [Impact of nociceptive stimuli on cervical kinesthesia]J Vaillant
Centre de recherche et d innovation en kinésiologie, kinésiopathologie et kinésithérapie, institut universitaire professionnalisé en ingénierie de la santé, BP 217, 38049 Grenoble cedex 09, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 51:257-62. 2008..The goal of this study was to evaluate the impact of nociceptive stimuli upon the cervical proprioception ability...
- Programmed health surveillance and detection of emerging diseases in occupational health: contribution of the French national occupational disease surveillance and prevention network (RNV3P)Vincent Bonneterre
EPSP Research Team Environment and Health Prediction in Populations, TIMC IMAG Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Joseph Fourier University, Domaine de la Merci, La Tronche Cedex, France
Occup Environ Med 67:178-86. 2010..The aim of this work is to demonstrate the contribution of RNV3P to national health surveillance...
- Correction of a severe pouter pigeon breast by triple sternal osteotomy with a novel titanium rib bridge fixationPierre Yves Brichon
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hôpital Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Ann Thorac Surg 90:e97-9. 2010..Multiples chondrotomies allowed to flatten the cartilage part. The reconstruction was firmly hardened with a STRATOS titanium device. The cosmetic result was satisfactory...
- [Duodenal ulcer and helicobacter pylori]Xavier Roblin
Département d hépatogastroentérolologie, Centre Hospitalier Albert Michallon, Grenoble
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1119-20; quiz 1121-3. 2007
- Epigenetic acquisition of inducibility of type III cytotoxicity in P. aeruginosaDidier Filopon
GREPI EA 2938 CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
BMC Bioinformatics 7:272. 2006..As suggested by the presence of a positive feedback circuit in the regulatory network controlling TTSS expression, it may be due to an epigenetic switch allowing heritable phenotypic modifications without genotype's mutations...
- DPP-4 inhibitors and GLP-1 analogues: for whom? Which place for incretins in the management of type 2 diabetic patients?S Halimi
Department of Endocrinology Diabetology Nutrition, University Hospital Grenoble, F 38043 Grenoble, France
Diabetes Metab 34:S91-5. 2008..Their efficacy, safety and their cost vs. older strategies, will be really evaluated by physicians in the real daily practice and by large and long term systematic surveys, as recently shown in other therapeutic fields...
- [The patient with uncontrolled chronic hepatitis B]J P Zarski
Clinique universitaire d hepato gastroentérologie, pôle DIGI DUNE, Centre de recherche INSERM UJF U823 IAPC, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S7-11. 2008....
- [Retrospective study of complications and imperfections in superior pedicle breast reduction: 100 cases]J Loury
CHU de Grenoble, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 55:187-94. 2010..Result imperfections were related to areola and nipple, and to scars. Two patients requested a scar revision. The results match reported data. Technical modifications are suggested to reduce complications or imperfections...
- Home exercise training with non-invasive ventilation in thoracic restrictive respiratory disorders: a randomised studyJean Christian Borel
INSERM ERI 0017, HP2 Laboratory, Joseph Fourier University, 38043 Grenoble, France
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 167:168-73. 2009....
- Quality of life in patients aged 80 or over after ICU dischargeAlexis Tabah
Medical Surgical ICU, Saint Joseph Hospital Network, 185 rue Raymond Losserand, 75014 Paris, France
Crit Care 14:R2. 2010..Our objective was to describe self-sufficiency and quality of life one year after intensive care unit (ICU) discharge of patients aged 80 years or over...
- Neurological pictures. Vascular hemiparkinsonism sensitive to levodopaO Veran
Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1244. 2008
- Comparison of electrical and magnetic stimulations to assess quadriceps muscle functionSamuel Verges
Joseph Fourier University, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:701-10. 2009..46-0.82, P = 0.001-0.03). We conclude that ENS and MNS provide similar quadriceps muscle function assessment, while Fpaired(10:100) is a better index than T2(10:100) of low- to high-frequency fatigue of the quadriceps in vivo...
- Quality specifications for the determination of copper, zinc, and selenium in human serum or plasma: evaluation of an approach based on biological and analytical variationJosiane Arnaud
Département de Biologie Intégrée, pole de biologie, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Clin Chem 54:1892-9. 2008..However, monitoring of participant performance varies according to the scheme and can lead to conflicting conclusions...
- Pathogenesis of lung cancer signalling pathways: roadmap for therapiesE Brambilla
Dept of Pathology, Institut Albert Bonniot, INSERM U823, University Joseph Fourier, CHRU Grenoble Hôpital Michallon, Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 33:1485-97. 2009..The genetic and epigenetic pathways involved in lung tumorigenesis differ between smokers and nonsmokers, and are tools for cancer diagnosis, prognosis, clinical follow-up and targeted therapies...
- [Circumscribed telangiectasic lesions of the upper limb: unilateral nevoid telangiectasia syndrome?]S Blaise
Clinique de médecine vasculaire, Service de Dermatologie, CHU Michallon, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Mal Vasc 34:272-4. 2009..Unilateral nevoid telangiectasia is a rare entity to be recognized. The underlying pathogenic mechanism remains to be elucidated...
- [Fluoroquinolones in ophthalmology: indications and current use]C Chiquet
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Michallon, Universite J Fourier, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble
J Fr Ophtalmol 31:803-8. 2008..Fluoroquinolones are useful in 2008 given their antibacterial spectrum, good ocular penetration, and the potential benefit of intravitreal injection...
- Influenza and pneumococcal vaccine coverages in geriatric health care settings in franceGaetan Gavazzi
Département de Médicine Gériatrique et Communautaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Gerontology 53:382-7. 2007..However, in France, influenza and pneumococcal vaccination coverage in senior citizens living in long-term care facilities has not been comprehensively evaluated...
- [Failure rate and revision surgery in ossiculoplasty with Kurz titanium prosthesis]D Q Nguyen
CHU Grenoble, Service ORL, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 125:157-62. 2004..Despite its excellent biocompatibility, failures and in particular extrusion of the prosthesis have been described in ossiculoplasty with titanium prosthesis...
- [Systemic air embolism after CT-guided transthoracic biopsy using a cutting needle]G Ferretti
service de radiologie et imagerie médicale, CHU Grenoble
J Radiol 85:1067-9. 2004..Radiologists must be aware of this extremely rare but potentially severe complication to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment...
- 2-Arachidonoyl glycerol induces contraction of isolated rat aorta: role of cyclooxygenase-derived productsFrançoise Stanke-Labesque
University of Medicine, Laboratory HP2, F 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
Cardiovasc Res 63:155-60. 2004..Endocannabinoids have been shown to play a role in the regulation of vascular tone. The effects of 2-arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG) on induced-tone were examined in rat aortic rings in vitro...
- Emerging parasite zoonoses: the role of host-parasite relationshipP Ambroise-Thomas
Interactions Cellulaires Parasite Hôte ICPH, ER CNRS 2014, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Joseph Fourier, 38043, Grenoble, France
Int J Parasitol 30:1361-7. 2000..In this case also, the unbalanced host-parasite relationship is largely responsible but it can not be dissociated from other causes, especially environmental and nutritional...
- [Pancreatic trauma]C Arvieux
Departement de chirurgie digestive et de l urgence, CHU A Michallon, Grenoble
J Chir (Paris) 140:261-9. 2003....
- [Practice guidelines for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in elderly patients hospitalized in subacute care and rehabilitation facilities (short text). Association for the Promotion of Hospital Angiology]J L Bosson
Médecine vasculaire et méthodologie, CHU de Grenoble
J Mal Vasc 28:209-18. 2003
- [Outcomes of children after bronchial foreign body inhalation]I Wroblewski
Service de médecine néonatale et réanimation infantile, CHU, BP 217, Grenoble, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 22:668-70. 2003..Rigid bronchoscopy is the only procedure that allows diagnosis and removal of the foreign body...
- [Flexor tendon pulley system: anatomy, pathology, treatment]F Moutet
SOS Main Grenoble, unité de chirurgie réparatrice de la main et des brûlés, Hopital A Michallon, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble, France
Chir Main 22:1-12. 2003..A2 and A4 repair is always indicated. The best reconstruction material is an extensor retinaculum graft. But its poor surface available often draws to use conventional palmaris longus free graft...
- [Imaging in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome]G Ferretti
Service Central de Radiologie et Imagerie Médicale Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble BP 217 F 38043 Grenoble, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 157:S78-81. 2001....
- [Physiological approach to reading chest radiography. Clinical application]M Coulomb
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, Hopital Albert Michallon, Service Central de Radiologie et Imagerie Medicale, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9
J Radiol 82:1091-105. 2001..Many pitfalls are identified: egalisation of the ratio apex/basis; enlargement of the vascular pedicle; enlargement of the azygos vein...
- [Tigecycline: a new antibiotic in ongoing clinical development]J P Stahl
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU de Grenoble, BP217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Med Mal Infect 35:62-7. 2005....
- Disseminated toxoplasmosis with pulmonary involvement after heart transplantationH Fricker-Hidalgo
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Chentre Hospitalo Universitaire, Grenoble, France
Transpl Infect Dis 7:38-40. 2005..However, the patient survived thanks to early diagnosis confirmed by polymerase chain reaction on blood and by serological techniques, and early treatment...
- Postoperative radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: a randomised controlled trial (EORTC trial 22911)Michel Bolla
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire A Michallon, Grenoble, France
Lancet 366:572-8. 2005..We did a randomised controlled trial to compare radical prostatectomy followed by immediate external irradiation with prostatectomy alone for patients with positive surgical margin or pT3 prostate cancer...
- [Real-time PCR in the diagnosis of toxoplasmosis: the way to standardisation?]D Maubon
Parasitologie Mycologie, Département des Agents Infectieux, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble, Cedex 09, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 55:304-11. 2007..Reducing number of procedures and more systematic external quality control should be considered, in order to improve reliability in PCR results, which has undoubtedly become a major tool in toxoplasmosis diagnosis...
- [Coronary risk related to sport]J Machecourt
Service de cardiologie et urgences cardiologiques, CHU A Michallon, 38043 Grenoble
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:1003-6. 2006..This article also discusses which risk factors aggravate the risk in known coronary patients and what advice should be given to coronary patients who want to benefit from the effects of regular physical exercise...
- [Influence of CPAP in inflammation and nasal obstruction]J L Pepin
Laboratoire du Sommeil, Laboratoire HP2, Inserm ESPRI 0017, Universite Joseph Fourier, 621, av Centrale, 38400 Saint Martin d Hères
Rev Mal Respir 23:7S137-7S139. 2006
- Perception and use of the results of patient satisfaction surveys by care providers in a French teaching hospitalLaurent Boyer
Centre Hospitalier Grenoble, Unite d Evaluation Medicale, Grenoble, France
Int J Qual Health Care 18:359-64. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess clinical staff's opinions on the results of in-patient satisfaction surveys and their use within the quality improvement process...
- Angioedema and oral contraceptionL Bouillet
Département Pluridisciplinaire de Médecine, Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Sud, CHU de Grenoble, France
Dermatology 206:106-9. 2003..Oral contraceptives can precipitate attacks of hereditary angioedema (ANE) or induce acquired forms...
- [Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrom during pregnancy: prevalence of main symptoms and relationship with Pregnancy Induced-Hypertension and Intra-Uterine Growth Retardation]D Calaora-Tournadre
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU La Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 27:291-5. 2006..To investigate the frequency of main symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrom (OSAS) and their relationship with Pregnancy Induced-Hypertension (PIH) as well as Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IGR) as suggested by recent studies...
- Right ventricular function after coronary surgery with or without bypassMichel Durand
Department of Anaesthesia, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
J Card Surg 21:11-6. 2006..Myocardial protection during aortic clamp period may sometimes be inadequate, especially for the right. The aim of this study was to compare right ventricle function after cardiac surgery with or without bypass...
- Open the intensive care unit doors to HIV-infected patients with sepsisJean Francois Timsit
Group of Epidemiology of Cancer and Severe Diseases, INSERM U 578, Medical ICU, University Hospital, Albert Michallon, 38000 Grenoble, France
Crit Care 9:629-30. 2005..This strategy should be used in HIV/AIDS patients with severe sepsis...
- Pelvic anatomy for colorectal surgeonsJ L Faucheron
Colorectal Unit, Department of Surgery, Albert Michallon Hospital, Grenoble, France
Acta Chir Belg 105:471-4. 2005..Doing this, the surgeon has the best chance to preserve the autonomic pelvic nerves that comprise the superior hypogastric plexus, the right and left hypogastric nerves and the right and left inferior hypogastric plexuses...
- [Significance of the exercise test in hypertensives]J M Mallion
CHU de Grenoble, Cardiologie et Hypertension Arterielle, Grenoble
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:1002-7. 2005..The diagnostic applications of this exercise measurement reveal these prognostic data, and exercise blood pressure measurement is to be recommended in subjects who experience regular significant physical effort...
- Determination of isoprostaglandin F2alpha type III in human urine by gas chromatography-electronic impact mass spectrometry. Comparison with enzyme immunoassayJ Bessard
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Grenoble University Hospital, France
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 754:333-43. 2001..Our results suggest that GC-MS and EIA do not measure the same compounds. As a consequence, comparison of clinical results using GC-MS and EIA should be avoided...