Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Medical significance of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorsJ Vamecq
INSERM Neuropaediatrics Department of Professor Jean Pierre Nuyts, CHU Lille, France
Lancet 354:141-8. 1999....
- [Childhood epilepsy syndromes and diseases]L Vallee
Service de Neuropediatrie, Hôpital Roger Salengro Lille, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:4S9-14. 2002..Identification of epileptic syndromes genetically determined and genetic diseases becoming complicated by epilepsy, allow a complementary approach in the comprehension and diagnosis of childhood epilepsy...
- ["Conservative" treatment in the multiply handicapped child]L Vallee
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille, France
Arch Pediatr 9:60s-65s. 2002..The ethical consequences of the various processing are analysed by developing the motivations of the caring teams, the concepts of quality of life and its dualism with dignity of life...
- [Usefulness of neurological examination]L Vallee
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 11:564-5. 2004
- Potent mammalian cerebroprotection and neuronal cell death inhibition are afforded by a synthetic antioxidant analogue of marine invertebrate cell protectant ovothiolsJoseph Vamecq
INSERM UNIV 045131, Neuropaediatrics Department of Professor Louis Vallée, Salengro University Hospital, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Eur J Neurosci 18:1110-20. 2003..recycling (thiol-disulphide exchange) properties of the oxidized form of an antioxidant compound are as important as the antioxidant potential exhibited by a bioactive reduced antioxidant in certain neuroprotective processes...
- [A practical diagnostic approach to mental deficiency in 2002]V Des Portes
Service de Neuropediatrie, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 9:709-25. 2002..The SFNP's proposal points out the necessity of a comprehensive clinical process including cautious neurodevelopmental assessment, reliable cognitive and adaptive skills evaluation, and collaboration between different specialists...
- Comparison of use of cerebrospinal fluid, serum, and throat swab specimens in diagnosis of enteroviral acute neurological infection by a rapid RNA detection PCR assayL Andreoletti
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 36:589-91. 1998..Compared with PCR in systemic specimens, detection of enterovirus RNA in throat swabs showed a sensitivity of 62.5% and a specificity of 75.6%...
- 'Cap myopathy': case report of a familyJ M Cuisset
Service de Neuropediatrie, Centre hospitalier régional universitaire et faculté de médecine, 59037 Lille, France
Neuromuscul Disord 16:277-81. 2006..These two entities could therefore, perhaps, be regarded as 'Z-line disorders' possibly caused by defective myofibrillogenesis...
- Clinical features of primary headache in children: a multicentre hospital-based study in FranceJ C Cuvellier
Division of Paediatric Neurology, Department of Paediatrics, Lille Faculty of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Lille, France
Cephalalgia 28:1145-53. 2008..8) or excellent (kappa > 0.8). We conclude that migraine was predominant with regard to headache diagnoses repartition and that the ICHD-II seems usable in practice for evaluation of primary headache in French children and adolescents...
- [Antiepileptic drugs in pediatric migraine]J C Cuvellier
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Boulevard du Professeur Leclerq, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 15:1693-9. 2008..Most of antiepileptic drugs used in pediatric preventive therapy are well tolerated. The most common adverse events are asthenia and somnolence...
- [Chronic daily headache in children and adolescents]J C Cuvellier
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU de Lille, Boulevard du Professeur Leclerq, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 15:1805-14. 2008..Successful approaches to treatment include reassurance, education, use of preventative medication, avoidance of analgesics, and helping the child return to a functional daily routine and a regular school schedule...
- The prevalence of premonitory symptoms in paediatric migraine: a questionnaire study in 103 children and adolescentsJ C Cuvellier
Division of Paediatric Neurology, Department of Paediatrics, Lille Faculty of Medicine and Children s Hospital, 59037 Lille, France
Cephalalgia 29:1197-201. 2009..In conclusion, premonitory symptoms are frequently reported by children and adolescents with migraine. Face changes seem to be a premonitory symptom peculiar to paediatric migraine...
- [Characteristics of tuberous sclerosis in children]A Riquet
Service de Neuropediatrie, pôle enfant, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, rue du Professeur Emile Laine, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 17:1338-45. 2010..The knowledge of age-dependent clinical features of tuberous sclerosis can provide an earlier diagnosis and improve the management of these patients with a special role for multidisciplinary consultation...
- [MR imaging in mental retardation]G Soto-Ares
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU Lille, France
J Neuroradiol 32:224-38. 2005..Their role in the pathogenesis of mental retardation is under evaluation...
- [Neuropediatric approach to autism]J M Cuisset
Service de Neuropediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 12:1734-41. 2005..The identification of an associated medical condition to autism is primordial in prospect of genetic counselling, and by the change induced in familial perception of autism...
- Report of eight cases of occipital dermal sinus: an update, and MRI findingsG Soto-Ares
Department of Neuroradiology, Hospital Roger Salengro, CHRU, Lille, France
Neuropediatrics 32:153-8. 2001..We report our experience with 8 patients who were ultimately diagnosed as having occipital dermal sinuses. Clinical presentation, imaging findings and outcome are discussed, along with a review of the literature...
- Late shunt infection: incidence, pathogenesis, and therapeutic implicationsM Vinchon
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, CHRU de Lille, France
Neuropediatrics 33:169-73. 2002..SI represents a life-long threat after shunting, and may be unrelated to shunt surgery...
- [A study of 100 consecutive children presenting with learning disabilities]J C Cuvellier
Service de Neuropediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Hopital Salengro, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 11:201-6. 2004..To determine the impact of a neuropediatrician view on diagnosis and management of learning disabilities...
- [Drug treatment of migraine in children: state of the art]J C Cuvellier
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Arch Pediatr 11:449-55. 2004..g. amitriptyline), or suggest inefficacy (e.g. clonidine, tryptophane). Most of the drugs used in the treatment of migraine in children are well tolerated. The most common adverse effects are drowsiness and bodyweight gain...
- [Pharmacologic treatment of acute migraine attack in children]J C Cuvellier
Service de Neuropediatrie, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 12:316-25. 2005..Among the different triptans, it is the sumatriptan nasal spray whose efficacy has been best demonstrated. The most frequent adverse event is transitory unpleasant taste...
- [Chiari type I malformation in children: presentation in 34 cases]A Chartier
Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, 2, Avenue Oscar Lambret, 59037 Lille, France
Arch Pediatr 9:789-96. 2002..Incidental diagnoses of Chiari I malformation are more and more frequent in pauci or asymptomatic children. The value of neurophysiological investigations for surgical indications is discussed...
- [Multidisciplinary management of children with disabling chronic pain in a French pediatric rehabilitation center: Current management and perspectives]N Roessler
Service de Neuropediatrie, Hopital Salengro, CHRU de Lille, Rue Emile Laine, 59037 Lille, France Electronic address
Arch Pediatr 23:806-14. 2016..To our knowledge, there are no French studies on this topic; therefore, our aim was to describe a French program. We hypothesized that the program would be effective in reducing chronic pain and its impact...
- [Muscle biopsy in children: Usefulness in 2012]J M Cuisset
Service de Neuropediatrie, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU, rue du Professeur Emile Laine, 59037 Lille Cedex, France Centre de référence des maladies neuromusculaires, CHRU, 2, rue André Verhaeghe, 59037 Lille Cedex, France Electronic address
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:632-9. 2013..Based on the results from this series, muscle biopsy can provide a precise orientation in 45% of patients, leading to a genetic hypothesis. ..
- [Status epilepticus in a 2-month-old infant]J Avez-Couturier
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Hopital Salengro, CHRU de Lille, rue du Professeur Emile Laine, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 13:1540-2, 1525. 2006
- [Myoclonus and epilepsy: diagnosis and pathophysiology]S Auvin
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU de Lille, boulevard Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:3-11. 2008..In myoclonic epileptic syndromes, more useful information can probably be obtained from studies grouping several patients with a same epileptic syndrome than from single case reports...
- [The ketogenic diet and its variants: state of the art]N Porta
Service de Neurologie Pediatrique, Hopital Roger Salengro, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:430-9. 2009..Furthermore, 10 to 20 grams carbohydrates are allowed per day to increase patient tolerability and palatability. New data suggest that ketogenic diet and its variants should not be considered like a "last chance" treatment...
- The value of electromyography in the aetiological diagnosis of hypotonia in infants and toddlersE Cetin
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, Lille University Hospital, André Verhaghe street, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Phys Rehabil Med 52:546-55. 2009..We propose to assess the sensitivity of electroneuromyography (ENMG) in the aetiological diagnosis of hypotonia of neuromuscular origin in infants and toddlers...