Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- An "accidental" acute psychosis with ecstasy useG Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, CHRU de Lille, Universite de Lille II, France
J Psychoactive Drugs 33:95-8. 2001....
- Effect of telephone contact on further suicide attempts in patients discharged from an emergency department: randomised controlled studyGuillaume Vaiva
University Hospital of Lille, School of Medicine, France
BMJ 332:1241-5. 2006..To determine the effects over one year of contacting patients by telephone one month or three months after being discharged from an emergency department for deliberate self poisoning compared with usual treatment...
- [Prescriptions in psychiatric emergencies]Guillaume Vaiva
Clinique de psychiatrie et Centre d accueil et de crise CHU de Lille and INSERM U513 Traitement des urgences 59037 Lille
Rev Prat 53:1209-13. 2003..Therapeutic prescriptions are led by two cases which are not reciprocally exclusive non exclusive...
- [When should psychological trauma be treated?]Guillaume Vaiva
Pôle de Psychiatrie and Pôle des urgences, CHU de Lille, Hôpital Michel Fontan, F 59037 Lille, France
Presse Med 37:894-901. 2008..Posttraumatic stress disorders that have lasted several years become resistant to treatment (pharmacological and psychotherapeutic)...
- Fright (effroi) and other peritraumatic responses after a serious motor vehicle accident: prospective influence on acute PTSD developmentGuillaume Vaiva
University of Lille II, INSERM U513, France
Can J Psychiatry 48:395-401. 2003..We prospectively examined the relation between various peritraumatic responses (that is, fear, helplessness, horror, amnesia, and fright) and the development of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) 2 months after a trauma...
- [Prevalence of trauma-related disorders in the French WHO study: Santé mentale en population générale (SMPG)]G Vaiva
Secteur des urgences psychiatriques, pôle des urgences, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Encephale 34:577-83. 2008..Moreover, very few epidemiologic studies among the general population have been conducted in Europe, notably in France...
- SPECT imaging, clinical features, and cognition before and after low doses of amisulpride in schizophrenic patients with the deficit syndromeGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, University of, Lille, France
Psychiatry Res 115:37-48. 2002..The psychometric and cerebral perfusion changes were no different in the two groups...
- Treatment of comorbid opiate addiction and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (residual type) with moclobemide: a case reportGuillaume Vaiva
Crisis Center, School of Medicine, Lille University Hospital, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:609-11. 2002..The positive clinical response shown suggests that moclobemide may have a particular interest in the treatment of drug-dependent patients with current ADHD...
- Regional cerebral blood flow in deficit/nondeficit types of schizophrenia according to SDS criteriaGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lille, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:481-5. 2002..These results suggest a decrease in prefrontal perfusion at rest, which corresponds with neuropsychological data...
- Relationship between posttrauma GABA plasma levels and PTSD at 1-year follow-upGuillaume Vaiva
Hôpital Michel Fontan CHRU de Lille, rue André Verhaeghe, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Psychiatry 163:1446-8. 2006..The authors examined the association between low posttrauma plasma GABA levels and long-term PTSD...
- Low posttrauma GABA plasma levels as a predictive factor in the development of acute posttraumatic stress disorderGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, Clinique Michel Fontan, University of Lille II, 6 rue du Professeur Laguesse, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Biol Psychiatry 55:250-4. 2004..We hypothesized that individuals with low plasma GABA levels may be more prone to develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the aftermath of trauma exposure...
- [Recourse to psychotropic medication in the Nord - Pas-de-Calais Region (France)]Laurent Plancke
Fédération régionale de recherche en santé mentale F2RSM Nord Pas de Calais, Lille, France
Therapie 64:279-87. 2009..Men were treated more frequently for alcoholism and heroin dependency; the proportion taking medication initially increased with age (up to 40-49 years for alcohol dependency and 30-39 years for OST), before falling thereafter...
- ALGOS: the development of a randomized controlled trial testing a case management algorithm designed to reduce suicide risk among suicide attemptersGuillaume Vaiva
Département Universitaire de Psychiatrie and Pole de l Urgence, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
BMC Psychiatry 11:1. 2011..Suicide attempts (SA) constitute a serious clinical problem. People who attempt suicide are at high risk of further repetition. However, no interventions have been shown to be effective in reducing repetition in this group of patients...
- [Prescription of psychotropic medicines to pregnant women in Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France]Thierry Danel
Fédération régionale de Recherche en Santé mentale Nord Pas de Calais, Lille, France
Therapie 68:31-6. 2013..Prescription of psychotropic medicines carries risks to pregnancy. It is therefore appropriate to measure the prescription rate of these compounds in pregnant women...
- Temporal analysis of heart rate variability as a predictor of post traumatic stress disorder in road traffic accidents survivorsAbeer Shaikh Al Arab
Clinical Investigation Center, CIC 9301 Inserm CHU, Lille, France
J Psychiatr Res 46:790-6. 2012..The aim of the present study was to determine whether early heart rate variability (HRV) measurement, a biomarker of the ANS function, could act as a predictor of PTSD development after a RTA...
- Immediate treatment with propranolol decreases posttraumatic stress disorder two months after traumaGuillaume Vaiva
Clinical School of Psychiatry, University of Lille II, Lille, France
Biol Psychiatry 54:947-9. 2003..This study investigated the efficacy of propranolol prescribed shortly after trauma exposure in the prevention of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms and diagnosis...
- Catatonia and consultation-liaison psychiatry study of 12 casesOlivier Cottencin
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Department, Psycho Oncology Department, University of Lille 2, University Hospital of Lille, FONTAN Hospital, Rue Verhaeghe 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1170-6. 2007..The treatment of the catatonia must be a priority and remain symptomatic, to allow in parallel the specific treatment for the somatic disorder or the psychiatric disorder...
- Mortality of people suffering from mental illness: a study of a cohort of patients hospitalised in psychiatry in the north of FranceClaire Lise Charrel
Federation of Mental Health Research, 3 rue Malpart, 59000, Lille, France
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 50:269-77. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess the all-cause mortality in psychiatric patients covering all diagnostic groups...
- The impact of discontinuing methylphenidate on weight and eating behaviorVictoire Benard
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Department of Psychiatry, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Int J Eat Disord 48:345-8. 2015..Such risks should warrant further studies, as they could be particularly increased in patients with ADHD, who share common vulnerability factors with both obesity and eating disorders...
- [Influential factors in regular and intensive use of psychoactive drugs]Laurent Plancke
Fédération régionale de recherche en santé mentale F2RSM Nord Pas de Calais, Lille, France
Therapie 64:371-81. 2009..The observed regularity of the recourse to benzodiazepines does not conform with the current recommendations...
- [From stress to post traumatic stress disorder]Francois Ducrocq
CUMP Samu 59, pôle des urgences et clinique universitaire de psychiatrie, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex
Rev Prat 60:796-800. 2010..Nevertheless, PTSD is an anxious disorder which etiology, development, clinical recognition and dimensioning are well controlled and for which the strategies of care are relatively consensual...
- [Hypersexuality in Parkinson's disease. Advantage of the presence of the entourage for medical assessment]Pierre Grandgenevre
CHRU de Lille, Hôpital Fontan, Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, 59037 Lille Cedex, France Université du Droit et de la Santé de Lille, EA 4559, 59000 Lille, France Electronic address
Presse Med 44:e51-8. 2015..If hypersexuality is a classic form of impulse control disorder (ICD) observed in PD, its rate is certainly underestimated...
- Morningness-eveningness and treatment response in major depressive disorderEmmanuelle Corruble
Paris XI University, INSERM U 669, Department of Psychiatry, Bicetre University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94230 Le Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Chronobiol Int 31:283-9. 2014..Once thought to be a trait variable, morningness-eveningness is a potential treatment target that should be systematically assessed in MDE patients. ..
- [Predominant polarity, mixed states and suicide]Michel Maron
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Service de Psychiatrie, pôle de psychiatrie, Médecine Légale et Médecine en milieu pénitentiaire, Hôpital Michel Fontan, rue André Verhaeghe, Lille Cedex, France
Encephale 38:S155-9. 2012....
- Increased prevalence of psychotic disorders among third-generation migrants: results from the French Mental Health in General Population surveyAli Amad
Univ Lille Nord de France, CHRU de Lille, F 59000 Lille, France
Schizophr Res 147:193-5. 2013..70, p<0.01). These results are consistent with the socio-developmental model and the psychosis continuum hypothesis...
- The multiple neural networks of familiarity: A meta-analysis of functional imaging studiesMathilde Horn
Universite de Lille, CNRS UMR 9193, Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives SCALab, Lille, France
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 16:176-90. 2016..To aid the exploration of the neural correlates of familiarity in future studies, the strengths and weaknesses of these experimental procedures are critically discussed. ..
- [Clinical criteria of involuntary psychiatric treatment: a literature review and a synthesis of recommendations]Baptiste Pignon
CHRU de Lille, Hôpital Fontan, Service de psychiatrie de l adulte, 59037 Lille Cedex, France Electronic address
Presse Med 43:1195-205. 2014..Personality disorders are severity factors of emergency psychiatric states which can result in IPC. They are not criteria for IPC by themselves. For patients with dementia, mostly behavioural disturbances can require IPC...
- [What can we do to prevent the suicide re-attempts?]Guillaume Vaiva
pôle de psychiatrie, Universite Lille Nord de France, CHRU de Lille, Hôpital Michel Fontan, 59037 Lille Cedex
Rev Prat 61:202-3, 206-7. 2011....
- Catatonia and liver transplantOlivier Cottencin
Psychosomatics 43:338-9. 2002
- [Suicide behavior in adolescents and adults]Laurent Layet
Clinique universitaire de psychiatrie CHRU de Lille, université Lille II, 59037 Lille
Rev Prat 53:423-8. 2003