Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Divided attention in major depressionP Thomas
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire, University of Lille II, France
Psychiatry Res 81:309-22. 1998..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that attentional regulation is impaired in major depression...
- The stable patient with schizophrenia--from antipsychotic effectiveness to adherencePierre Thomas
Hospital M Fontan CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:S115-22. 2007..In contrast, STAR demonstrated a favourable weight profile for aripiprazole, with a mean weight loss of 0.41 kg. Results from these naturalistic trials help define the effectiveness of atypical antipsychotics for long-term treatment...
- Psychosocial and economic issues related to physical health in psychiatric illnessPierre Thomas
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital M Fontan CHRU de Lille, 6, rue Veraeghe, 59037 Lille, France
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:S115-20. 2008..It is hoped that by increasing awareness of the psychosocial consequences of physical health impairment, we can move towards reducing the burden that patients face...
- Are there specific care requirements for patients with schizophrenia and diabetes or with a risk of diabetes?P Thomas
FRE CNRS 2627 Psychiatry Department, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:S358-63. 2005..It was not considered that there was sufficient data available to orientate treatment choices between individual antipsychotic drugs according to the potential risk of developing diabetes...
- The many forms of bipolar disorder: a modern look at an old illnessP Thomas
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Lille ll, Centre Hospitalier Regional and Universitaire, 6 Rue de Pr Laguesse, Lille, France
J Affect Disord 79:S3-8. 2004..Particularly important are recent data indicating reduced mortality with a variety of psychopharmacologic agents including, but not limited to, lithium and valproate...
- Amisulpride plus valproate vs haloperidol plus valproate in the treatment of acute mania of bipolar I patients: a multicenter, open-label, randomized, comparative trialPierre Thomas
Department of Psychiatry, Fontan Hospital CHRU Lille, University of Lille 2 France
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 4:675-86. 2008..4%) than in the amisulpride group (66.1%). In conclusion, the valproate-amisulpride combination was as effective as the valproate - haloperidol combination in bipolar I patients, with a better safety profile...
- Management of patients presenting with acute psychotic episodes of schizophreniaPierre Thomas
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lille Medical School, Lille, France
CNS Drugs 23:193-212. 2009..The long-term goal should be to minimize the risk of psychotic relapse through adequate treatment adherence...
- Attentional resources in major depressionP Thomas
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire University of Lille II
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:79-85. 1999..This pattern of results exhibits differential sensitivity between two effortful tasks. Depressives may be able to mobilize resources to complete effortful tasks as far as decision processing is not required...
- Clinical features of latent inhibition in schizophreniaC Rascle
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Lille II, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, 6 Rue du Pr Laguesse, 59037 Cedex Lille, France
Schizophr Res 51:149-61. 2001..This correlation is found in acute and chronic schizophrenics. It suggests that the variations of LI may be an indicator of adaptive strategies to a cognitive dysfunction specific to schizophrenia...
- [Metabolic side effects of risperidone in early onset schizophrenia]J L Goeb
Service de psychiatrie de l enfant et de l adolescent Pr Pierre Delion, pôle régional des troubles du développement neuropédiatrie, pédopsychiatrie, CHU de Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Encephale 36:242-52. 2010..Hence, sex- and age-adjusted BMI percentiles and BMI Z scores are crucial to assess weight gain in children and adolescents...
- [Therapeutic alliance, a stake in schizophrenia]A Charpentier
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte, Universite Lille 2, droit et santé, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Encephale 35:80-9. 2009..Adherence to medication is generally defined as the extent to which patients take medications as prescribed by their health care providers. There is no consensus to define an acceptable compliance...
- [Managing agitation in acute psychotic episodes of schizophrenia]P Thomas
Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital M Fontan CHRU de Lille, 6, rue Veraehghe, 59037 Lille
Encephale 32:S12-3. 2006
- The multimodal connectivity of the hippocampal complex in auditory and visual hallucinationsA Amad
1 Univ Lille Nord de France, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France 2 Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies LNFP, Universite Droit and Sante Lille UDSL, Lille, France 3 Psychiatry and Pediatric Psychiatry Department, University Medical Centre of Lille CHULille, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry 19:184-91. 2014..Together, these results suggest that there are distinct connectivity patterns in patients with schizophrenia that depend on the sensory-modality, with specific involvement of the HC in visual hallucinations...
- Directed forgetting in PTSD: a comparative study versus normal controlsO Cottencin
Department of Psychiatry, FONTAN Hospital, University of Lille II, School of Medicine, Rue Verhaeghe, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
J Psychiatr Res 40:70-80. 2006..There seems to be a deficit in the inhibitory processes in the memory in PTSD...
- Transition protein 1 mRNA expression is not related to pregnancy rate in azoospermic men undergoing TESE-ICSIV Mitchell
Spermiologie, hôpital A Calmette, CHRU Faculté de Médecine, Lille, France
Andrologia 39:124-7. 2007....
- [Clinical study and prognosis of 56 cases of vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia]P Deruelle
Clinique de gynécologie et d obstétrique, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, 1, rue Eugène Avinée, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:755-61. 2005..To study main clinical characteristics of patients with vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia 3 (VIN3). To investigate the long-term outcome and risk factors associated with recurrence or progression to invasive carcinoma...
- Directed forgetting in depressionO Cottencin
Department of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, University of Medicine Paris 5, AP HP, European Georges Pompidou Hospital, France
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:895-9. 2008..A control experiment suggested that these results could not be accounted for by a differential effect of depression on memory encoding...
- [Chronic lupus erythematosus presenting as acneiform lesions]R Deruelle-Khazaal
Clinique Dermatologique, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:883-5. 2002..We report on a patient with lesions of acne leading to the diagnosis of chronic lupus erythematosus, and who subsequently developed systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Catatonia and consultation-liaison psychiatry study of 12 casesOlivier Cottencin
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Department, Psycho Oncology Department, University of Lille 2, University Hospital of Lille, FONTAN Hospital, Rue Verhaeghe 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1170-6. 2007..The treatment of the catatonia must be a priority and remain symptomatic, to allow in parallel the specific treatment for the somatic disorder or the psychiatric disorder...
- Impact of midwives' training on postnatal depression screening in the first week post delivery: a quality improvement reportRenaud Jardri
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department, University Hospital Centre of Lille, Lille, France
Midwifery 26:622-9. 2010..Professional screening techniques were evaluated and compared with reference screening techniques [Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS), Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview (MINI-DSM-IV)]...
- Comparison of desipramine and citalopram treatments for depression in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyDavid Devos
Department of Neurology, IFR114, Institute of Predictive Medicine and Therapeutic Research, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
Mov Disord 23:850-7. 2008..A predominantly noradrenergic tricyclic antidepressant induced a more intense short-term effect on parkinsonian depression than did an SSRI. However, desipramine's lower tolerability may outweigh its slight short-term clinical advantage...
- Neural functional organization of hallucinations in schizophrenia: multisensory dissolution of pathological emergence in consciousnessRenaud Jardri
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, CNRS UMR 8160, Hopital Roger Salengro, Universite Lille Nord de France, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Conscious Cogn 18:449-57. 2009..The results shed light on the functional architecture of the hallucinatory processes, in which unimodal information from different modalities is strongly functionally connected to higher-order integrative areas...
- Clinical practice of rTMS reveals a functional dissociation between agency and hallucinations in schizophreniaRenaud Jardri
Universite Lille Nord de France, CNRS UMR 8160, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Neuropsychologia 47:132-8. 2009....
- Fetal cortical activation to sound at 33 weeks of gestation: a functional MRI studyRenaud Jardri
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, CNRS UMR 8160, Universite Lille 2, CHRU de Lille, France
Neuroimage 42:10-8. 2008..5%. This study shows that it is possible to use fMRI to detect early fetal brain function, but also confirms that sound processing occurs beyond the reflexive sub-cortical level, at the beginning of the third trimester of pregnancy...
- Pain as a confounding factor in postnatal depression screeningRenaud Jardri
Perinatal Psychiatry Unit, Department of Adult Psychiatry, Lille University Medical Centre, FONTAN Hospital, Lille F 59037, France
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 31:252-5. 2010..Pain following childbirth has been proposed as a possible risk-marker for later depressive disorder. We tested this assumption and explored the possible link between pain and overestimation of PND risk in routine clinical screenings...
- Catatonia recognition and treatmentOlivier Cottencin
Department of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, AP HP European Georges Pompidou Hospital, University of Medicine, Paris, France
Med Sci Monit 15:CS129-31. 2009..A case of catatonia is reported which occurred after alcohol withdrawal...
- Self awareness and speech processing: an fMRI studyRenaud Jardri
UMR CNRS 8160, Laboratoire Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, université Lille II, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, France
Neuroimage 35:1645-53. 2007..Overall, these results support the idea that self-awareness is present when distinguishing between speech production and speech listening situations, and may depend on these two different parieto-frontal networks...
- Regional cerebral blood flow in deficit/nondeficit types of schizophrenia according to SDS criteriaGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lille, France
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:481-5. 2002..These results suggest a decrease in prefrontal perfusion at rest, which corresponds with neuropsychological data...
- SPECT imaging, clinical features, and cognition before and after low doses of amisulpride in schizophrenic patients with the deficit syndromeGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, University of, Lille, France
Psychiatry Res 115:37-48. 2002..The psychometric and cerebral perfusion changes were no different in the two groups...
- [Latex allergy]Pierre Thomas
Clinique Dermatologique, Centre hospitalier régional et universitaire de Lille Hôpital Claude Huriez 59037 Lille
Rev Prat 52:1420-3. 2002..But eczema reaction of type IV hypersensitivity to latex rubber adding (anti-oxidant, preservative, accelerator) is also observed...
- Low posttrauma GABA plasma levels as a predictive factor in the development of acute posttraumatic stress disorderGuillaume Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, Clinique Michel Fontan, University of Lille II, 6 rue du Professeur Laguesse, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Biol Psychiatry 55:250-4. 2004..We hypothesized that individuals with low plasma GABA levels may be more prone to develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the aftermath of trauma exposure...
- Relationship between posttrauma GABA plasma levels and PTSD at 1-year follow-upGuillaume Vaiva
Hôpital Michel Fontan CHRU de Lille, rue André Verhaeghe, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Psychiatry 163:1446-8. 2006..The authors examined the association between low posttrauma plasma GABA levels and long-term PTSD...
- Cortical activations during auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia: a coordinate-based meta-analysisRenaud Jardri
CNRS, University Lille North of France, France
Am J Psychiatry 168:73-81. 2011..The authors' aim was to perform a robust quantitative review of existing functional data in order to elucidate consistent patterns observed during the emergence of AVHs and to orient new pathophysiological models of hallucinations...
- Increased overlap between the brain areas involved in self-other distinction in schizophreniaRenaud Jardri
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Fonctionnelles et Pathologies, EA 4559, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17500. 2011..Such an increased overlap between self and non-self cortical maps might be considered a neuro-physiological signature of the well established self-awareness impairment in people suffering from schizophrenia...
- Attentional capture in schizophrenia: failure to resist interference from motion signalsM G Ducato
Lab Neurosciences Fonctionnelles and Pathologies, CNRS Université Lille, Lille, France
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 13:185-209. 2008..We designed a paradigm to assess whether sensitivity to distraction and dorsal stream dysfunction are related in schizophrenia...
- An "accidental" acute psychosis with ecstasy useG Vaiva
Department of Psychiatry, CHRU de Lille, Universite de Lille II, France
J Psychoactive Drugs 33:95-8. 2001....
- [Value of a consultation center and crisis intervention in addressing psychiatric disorders in the perinatal period]G Vaiva
Service de Psychiatrie Générale, CHRU de Lille, Clinique Fontan, 6, rue du Professeur Laguesse, 59037 Lille
Encephale 28:71-6. 2002....
- Attentional capture in schizophrenia and schizotypy: effect of attentional loadMaria Giovanna Ducato
Lab Neurosciences Fonctionnelles and Pathologies CNRS UMR 8160 Université Lille, Lille, France
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 13:89-111. 2008..On the basis of the ''resource limitations hypothesis'' in schizophrenia, we propose that attentional capture by an irrelevant distractor will be differentially affected by the attentional load for patients and healthy controls...
- [Penaly ordered care in France: principles of procedures and caregiver's role]N Zouitina
Service d Addictologie, pôle de psychiatrie, hôpital Fontan 2, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 61:269-75. 2013..Penaly ordered care constitutes a type of legal penalty and a form of special care, linking health and legal environments, and as such is a difficult exercise for the various parties involved...
- Activation of bilateral auditory cortex during verbal hallucinations in a child with schizophreniaR Jardri
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Lille, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry 12:319. 2007
- Predictive validation study of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale in the first week after delivery and risk analysis for postnatal depressionRenaud Jardri
Hôpital Michel Fontan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille 59 037, Lille, France
J Affect Disord 93:169-76. 2006..Postnatal depression is a major public health problem. The aim of this study is to validate the use of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) in the early postpartum, and to identify the markers for risk of postnatal depression...
- Depressive disorder with psychotic symptoms as psychiatric presentation of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: a case reportRenaud Jardri
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department, Michel Fontan Clinic, rue André Verhaeghe, Lille University Hospital Centre, 59 037 Lille cedex, France
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:452-4. 2006....
- A pre-reflective indicator of an impaired sense of agency in patients with SchizophreniaVirginie Bulot
Service de Psychiatrie Adulte Unité 72, Hopital Andre Mignot, 177 route de Versailles, 78150 Le Chesnay, France
Exp Brain Res 183:115-26. 2007..The abnormal judgments previously reported in schizophrenia for self-recognition abilities might be the consequence of a low order deficit of a pre-reflective sense of agency...
- Chronic graft-versus-host disease revealed by lichenoid vulvar lesions successfully treated with thalidomideDelphine Staumont-Sallé
Acta Derm Venereol 83:302-3. 2003
- Self-induced stretch syncope of adolescence: a video-EEG documentationMichel Mazzuca
IPMC Sophia Antipolis, CNRS UMR6097 UNSA, Valbonne, France
Epileptic Disord 9:413-7. 2007..Dynamic angiogram of the vertebral arteries was normal. Hypotheses concerning the physiopathology are discussed. [Published with video sequences]...
- Physical health considerations in psychiatry: european views on recognition, monitoring and managementAndrea Fagiolini
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:iii. 2008
- Attention for movement production: Abnormal profiles in schizophreniaYvonne Nathalie Delevoye-Turrell
Schizophr Res 84:430-2. 2006
- Psychiatric disorders in juvenile myoclonic epilepsyPhilippe Gelisse
Epilepsia 48:1032-3. 2007
- Long-term behavioural alterations in female rats after a single intense footshock followed by situational remindersHélène Louvart
Laboratory of Perinatal Stress, JE 2365, University of Lille 1, Bat SN4 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:316-24. 2005..Our findings suggest that this paradigm could provide a useful animal model of PTSD...
- Psychophysical assessment of magno- and parvocellular function in schizophreniaSandrine Delord
Equipe de Psychologie Cognitive, laboratoire de psychologie EA 3662, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Vis Neurosci 23:645-50. 2006..Magnocellular dysfunction, if present in schizophrenia, must concern more integrated processes, possibly at levels at which parvocellular and magnocellular paths interact...
- Catatonia and liver transplantOlivier Cottencin
Psychosomatics 43:338-9. 2002
- A case of fMRI-guided rTMS treatment of coenesthetic hallucinationsRenaud Jardri
Am J Psychiatry 165:1490-1. 2008
- Persistence of ictal activity after functional hemispherectomy in Rasmussen syndromePierre Thomas
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
Neurology 60:140-2. 2003..EEG and SPECT may complement studies of these in seizure-free surgically treated patients in whom clinical follow-up may be unrevealing...