Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Guidelines of the European Respiratory Society and the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons for the management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaA Scherpereel
Dept of Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology, Hopital Calmette, CHRU of Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Eur Respir J 35:479-95. 2010..Because of limited data on the best combination treatment, we emphasise that patients who are considered candidates for a multimodal approach should be included in a prospective trial at a specialised centre...
- Loss of Endocan tumorigenic properties after alternative splicing of exon 2Florence Depontieu
INSERM U774, Lille 59019, France
BMC Cancer 8:14. 2008..In the present study we identified, and functionally characterized, the alternative spliced product of the endocan gene: the exon 2-deleted endocan, called endocanDelta2...
- Fatal interstitial lung disease associated with oral erlotinib therapy for lung cancerDemosthenes Makris
Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology Department, CHRU of Lille, Lille, France
BMC Cancer 7:150. 2007..The authors report the first histologically confirmed case of fatal ILD associated with erlotinib therapy...
- Endocan, a new endothelial marker in human sepsisArnaud Scherpereel
INSERM Unit 416, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Crit Care Med 34:532-7. 2006....
- [Other thoracic cancers. Malignant pleural mesothelioma: biology and diagnosis]A Scherpereel
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hopital Calmette, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Rev Mal Respir 25:3S183-90. 2008....
- Exposure to methyl methacrylate and hypersensitivity pneumonitis in dental techniciansA Scherpereel
Clinique des Maladies Respiratoires, Hopital Calmette, 1 rue du Pr Leclerc, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Allergy 59:890-2. 2004
- [Malignant mesothelioma]Arnaud Scherpereel
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hopital Calmette, CHRU de Lille, faculté de médecine Henri Warembourg, Universite de Lille II, unité Inserm 774, Lille
Rev Prat 59:751-5. 2009..The management of MPM is now better defined by the guidelines from the experts Conference of the Société de Pneumologie de Langue Française in 2005, actualised this year by the European Respiratory Society...
- Guidelines of the French Speaking Society for Chest Medicine for management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaArnaud Scherpereel
INSERM Unit 774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Respir Med 101:1265-76. 2007....
- Soluble mesothelin-related peptides in the diagnosis of malignant pleural mesotheliomaArnaud Scherpereel
INSERM Unit 774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:1155-60. 2006..Diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma is a challenging issue. Potential markers in mesothelioma diagnosis include soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRPs) and osteopontin, but no subsequent validation has been published yet...
- Human endothelial-cell specific molecule-1 binds directly to the integrin CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1) and blocks binding to intercellular adhesion molecule-1D Bechard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 416, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Immunol 167:3099-106. 2001....
- [Malignant pleural mesothelioma: diagnosis and treatment]J Delourme
Service de Pneumologie et d Oncologie Thoracique, Hopital Calmette, CHRU de Lille, boulevard Professeur Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 69:26-35. 2013..Finally, numerous research studies presently assess the value of targeted therapies and biomarkers in MPM, opening new perspectives in the management of this cancer...
- Endocan is a novel chondroitin sulfate/dermatan sulfate proteoglycan that promotes hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor mitogenic activityD Bechard
INSERM U416, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 Rue du Dr A Calmette, 59019 Lille, France
J Biol Chem 276:48341-9. 2001..Endocan regulates HGF/SF-mediated mitogenic activity and may support the function of HGF/SF not only in embryogenesis and tissue repair after injury but also in tumor progression...
- [Should elevated beta-HCG levels be an exclusion criteria in clinical trials? A case report of paraneoplastic secretion associated with lung adenocarcinoma]J Taverne
Service de Pneumologie et Oncologie thoracique, Hopital Calmette, CHRU de Lille, boulevard du Pr Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 69:36-40. 2013..Usefulness of serial measurements of beta HCG for monitoring NSCLC has yet to be demonstrated, but its use as a criterion for inclusion in clinical trials needs to be questioned...
- [Feasibility of assessing EGFR mutation and others using samples obtained by EBUS transbronchial needle aspiration]S Boulanger
Service d Endoscopie respiratoire, Clinique de Pneumologie, Hopital Calmette, Pôle cardiovasculaire et pulmonaire, CHRU de Lille, 59000 Lille, France
Rev Mal Respir 30:351-6. 2013..The aim of this study was to confirm the feasibility of molecular mutation analysis in cytologic specimens obtained by endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA)...
- Clinical utility of diagnostic markers for malignant pleural mesotheliomaB D Grigoriu
INSERM, U774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 71:31-8. 2009..There is still a strong need for research is this area both in order to discover new markers as well as to correct the positioning of each existing molecule (alone or in combination) is the evaluation of the patients with a mesothelioma...
- [Castleman's disease: unusual presentation of Castleman's disease and review of literature]A Baranzelli
Service de Pneumologie et d Oncologie Thoracique, CHRU de Lille, boulevard Professeur Jules Leclercq, 59000 Lille, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 69:55-9. 2013..They underlie the difficulty of surgical resection due to the tumor vascularization. Other diagnosis hypothesis and associated diseases will also be discussed (HIV, Kaposi's sarcoma, POEMS syndrome)...
- Valproate-doxorubicin: promising therapy for progressing mesothelioma. A phase II studyA Scherpereel
Dept of Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology, CHRU de Lille and University of Lille II, Lille, France
Eur Respir J 37:129-35. 2011..Valproic acid, an HDACi, plus doxorubicin appeared an effective chemotherapy regimen in good PS (80-100) patients with refractory or recurrent MM, for which no standard therapy was available...
- Effect of tiotropium on health-related quality of life as a primary efficacy endpoint in COPDA B Tonnel
Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire CHRU de Lille, Service de Pneumologie et Immuno Allergologie, Lille Cedex, France
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 3:301-10. 2008..01 +/- 0.02 L; between-group difference: 0.10 +/- 0.03 L, p = 0.0001) and reduced exacerbations vs placebo. Maintenance treatment with tiotropium provided significant and clinically relevant improvements in HRQoL, as measured by the SGRQ...
- Utility of osteopontin and serum mesothelin in malignant pleural mesothelioma diagnosis and prognosis assessmentBogdan Dragos Grigoriu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM U774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Clin Cancer Res 13:2928-35. 2007..We compared diagnostic and prognostic values of mesothelin and osteopontin in 172 patients suspected of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) and in a control group of 112 asymptomatic asbestos-exposed subjects...
- Biomarkers for mesotheliomaArnaud Scherpereel
Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology Department, Hopital Calmette, Lille, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:339-443. 2007..Large series evaluating the use of novel candidate markers have recently been published...
- [New diagnostic markers for malignant pleural mesothelioma]Bogdan Dragos Grigoriu
INSERM U774, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Bull Cancer 95:177-84. 2008..Despite a good sensitivity, osteopontin has a low specificity for mesothelioma diagnosis. However, there is not enough data yet to propose guidelines on the use of these markers in a day to day practice...
- [Endocrine and pulmonary histiocytosis: a case diagnosed through stereotoxic biopsy]C Fournier
Clinique des Maladies Respiratoires, CHRU de Lille, France
Rev Mal Respir 21:141-5. 2004..Despite intensive investigation, the pulmonary lesions of Langerhans cell histiocytosis can sometimes prove difficult to yield a diagnosis of this potentially multi-focal disease...
- Allergic rhinitis due to house dust mites: evaluation of the efficacy of specific sublingual immunotherapyA B Tonnel
Service de Pneumologie et Immuno Allergologie, CHRU, Lille, France
Allergy 59:491-7. 2004..The efficacy and safety of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in patients with chronic rhinitis related to sensitization to house dust mites are still controversial...
- Characterization of the secreted form of endothelial-cell-specific molecule 1 by specific monoclonal antibodiesD Bechard
INSERM U416, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
J Vasc Res 37:417-25. 2000..ESM-1 may represent a new marker of endothelial cell activation, and may have a functional role in endothelium-dependent pathological disorders...
- Kinetics of soluble mesothelin in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma during treatmentBogdan D Grigoriu
INSERM Unit 774, Institut Pasteur of Lille, Lille, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:950-4. 2009..Previous data suggested that serum levels of soluble mesothelin (SM) are related to tumor size and may have prognostic significance in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Endocan expression and relationship with survival in human non-small cell lung cancerBogdan Dragos Grigoriu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Reserche Médicale U774, Lille, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:4575-82. 2006....
- Overexpression of endocan induces tumor formationArnaud Scherpereel
INSERM U416, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Cancer Res 63:6084-9. 2003....
- Serum mesothelin has a higher diagnostic utility than hyaluronic acid in malignant mesotheliomaBogdan Grigoriu
INSERM Unit 774, Institut Pasteur de Lille, rue du Professeur Calmette, 59000 Lille, France
Clin Biochem 42:1046-50. 2009..We assessed comparatively the diagnostic value of two potential malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) markers: hyaluronic acid (HA) and soluble mesothelin...
- Peroxynitrite decomposition catalysts prevent myocardial dysfunction and inflammation in endotoxemic ratsSteve Lancel
EA 2689, Universite de Lille 2, Faculte de Medecine, Lille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2348-58. 2004..The aim of this study was to test whether peroxynitrite neutralizers would reduce peroxynitrite accumulation and improve myocardial contractile dysfunction and inflammation in endotoxin-treated rats...
- [Quincke's edema and anaphylaxis]Arnaud Scherpereel
Service de pneumo immuno allergologie, Hopital Calmette, CHRU de Lille, 59037 Lille
Rev Prat 53:1245-51. 2003
- Calpain inhibitors improve myocardial dysfunction and inflammation induced by endotoxin in ratsStephanie Tissier
Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
Shock 21:352-7. 2004..In conclusion, calpain inhibitors improved endotoxin-induced cardiac dysfunction, which may be attributed to the modulation of endothelium leukocyte interactions in the inflamed vasculature...
- Aberrant splicing and protease involvement in mesothelin release from epithelioid mesothelioma cellsCarole Sapede
INSERM U601, Département de Recherche en Cancérologie, Institut de Biologie CHU, 44093 Nantes, France
Cancer Sci 99:590-4. 2008..Our results indicate that both mechanisms could be implicated in soluble mesothelin production by epithelioid mesothelioma cells...
- PECAM-directed delivery of catalase to endothelium protects against pulmonary vascular oxidative stressMelpo Christofidou-Solomidou
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6068, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L283-92. 2003..g., for augmentation of antioxidant defense in the pulmonary endothelium and treatment of ALI...
- Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUVmax) measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a systematic review and meta-analysis (MA) by the European LuThierry Berghmans
Department of Intensive Care Unit and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Bruxelles, Belgium
J Thorac Oncol 3:6-12. 2008..Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUV) has been studied as a potential prognostic factor for survival. However, the sample sizes are limited leading to conduct a meta-analysis to improve the precision in estimating its effect...
- Systemic polyethylene glycol-modified (PEGylated) superoxide dismutase and catalase mixture attenuates radiation pulmonary fibrosis in the C57/bl6 mouseMitchell Machtay
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, Thomas Jefferson University Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiother Oncol 81:196-205. 2006..Since oxidative injury is implicated in radiation-induced tissue damage to the lung, we studied systemically administered polyethylene glycol (PEGylated) antioxidant enzymes (AOEs) as pulmonary radioprotectors in mice...
- Accuracy of pleural biopsy using thoracoscopy for the diagnosis of histologic subtype in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaLaurent Greillier
Division of Thoracic Oncology, Federation of Pulmonary Diseases and Thoracic Surgery, University of the Mediterranean Sea, Ste Marguerite Hospital, Marseille, France
Cancer 110:2248-52. 2007..The aim of the current study was to analyze retrospectively the accuracy, sensitivity, and specificity of preoperative thoracoscopy for diagnosis of the histologic subtype of MPM...
- Pulmonary manifestations of Pyoderma gangrenosumBachar Chahine
Service de Pneumologie et Immuno Allergologie, Hôpital universitaire Calmette, Lille
Presse Med 36:1395-8. 2007..Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon ulcerative cutaneous disorder. Extracutaneous localizations are rare. Respiratory system involvement has been described in a few cases, but the pulmonary features reported were highly variable...