Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Baclofen for alcohol dependence: Relationships between baclofen and alcohol dosing and the occurrence of major sedationBenjamin Rolland
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, F 59037 Lille, France Department of Pharmacology, Inserm U 1171, Univ Lille, F 59045 Lille, France Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 25:1631-6. 2015..96-1.29) in AWAC=1-35, and 0.95 (95%CI, 0.76-1.19) in AWAC=0. The level of sedation observed in patients using baclofen for alcohol dependence appears to directly depend on the immediate doses of both the baclofen and the alcohol...
- Aripiprazole for treating cannabis-induced psychotic symptoms in ultrahigh-risk individualsBenjamin Rolland
PRES Nord de France and Department of Psychiatry, Paediatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:98-9. 2013..Treating CIPSs in ultrahigh risk individuals who cannot stop or refuse stopping cannabis might fit a harm-reduction strategy by preventing transition into psychosis...
- [Abstinence in alcohol-dependence: critical and updated approach of the 2001 national guidelines]Benjamin Rolland
CHU Lille, Service d Addictologie, 59037 Lille, France
Presse Med 42:19-25. 2013..Better knowledge about these subgroups of patients could allow the diversifying and personalising of care schemes, including in some cases temporary abstinence or controlled-drinking patterns...
- A case of de novo seizures following a probable interaction of high-dose baclofen with alcoholBenjamin Rolland
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Hopital Calmette, Av du Pr Leclercq, F 59037 Lille, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:577-80. 2012..Although baclofen is considered to be quite safe at low doses, the possible interactions between HDB and alcohol have not been precisely studied...
- Pharmaceutical approaches of binge drinkingBenjamin Rolland
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1333-42. 2011..Furthermore, these schemes also mention harm-reductive neuroprotective and hepatoprotective strategies, which could be included in the arsenal of possible medications for BD in the near future...
- Shared vulnerability between seizures and psychosis in cocaine addiction?Benjamin Rolland
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Epilepsy Behav 22:596-8. 2011....
- Safety and drinking outcomes among patients with comorbid alcohol dependence and borderline personality disorder treated with high-dose baclofen: a comparative cohort studyBenjamin Rolland
aCAMTEA, Supervised Off label Prescribing System in Addiction Medicine Departments of bAddiction Medicine cBiostatistics dPharmacovigilance eCSAPA, CHU Lille Departments of fPharmacology, EA 1046 gNeurosciences, LNFP, EA 4559, Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille hDepartment of Adult Psychiatry, CH Douai, Douai, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 30:49-53. 2015..2 vs. 8.6%; P<10E-4) were significantly higher in BPD. The benefit/risk balance of HDB appears to be unfavorable in comorbid BPD patients compared with nonpsychiatric patients. ..
- [A system of prescriptions without drug approval: example of baclofen]Benjamin Rolland
Service d Addictologie, Universite Lille Nord de France, CHRU, Lille, France
Therapie 65:511-8. 2010..If this proves to be successful with baclofen, it is possible to extend the use of CAMTEA to other drugs without AMM approval in addictologic pathologies...
- Baclofen-induced manic symptoms: case report and systematic reviewPierre Alexis Geoffroy
The University of Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France Department of Psychiatry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille CHRU, F 59037 Lille, France Electronic address
Psychosomatics 55:326-32. 2014..However, this precise adverse drug reaction has never been assessed using either a validated causality algorithm or a scale for manic symptoms...
- Resting-state functional connectivity of the nucleus accumbens in auditory and visual hallucinations in schizophreniaBenjamin Rolland
LNFP, EA4559, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Department of Psychiatry, Pediatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Schizophr Bull 41:291-9. 2015..Moreover, these findings suggest that future clinical and neurobiological studies of hallucinations should evaluate not only the global severity of symptoms but also their sensorial features. ..
- [Somatic consequences of cannabis use]Olivier Cottencin
CHRU de Lille, hôpital Michel Fontan 2, Service d Addictologie, France
Rev Prat 63:1430-2. 2013....
- Catatonia and cannabis withdrawal: A case reportMathieu Caudron
a Pôle de Psychiatrie, University of Lille, CNRS, CHU Lille, UMR9193 PsychiC SCALab, Lille, France
Subst Abus 37:188-9. 2016..Catatonia is a severe motor syndrome found in approximately 10% of all acute psychiatric hospital admissions. It can occur in various psychiatric diseases. The authors report the first case report of catatonia during cannabis withdrawal...
- Off-Label Prescribing of Antipsychotics in Adults, Children and Elderly Individuals: A Systematic Review of Recent Prescription TrendsLouise Carton
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, INSERM U1171, Univ Lille, F 59045 Lille, France, 1 place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex
Curr Pharm Des 21:3280-97. 2015..We aimed to identify the recent trends in the OLP of antipsychotics. We conducted a literature review based on three different populations: adult, pediatric, and elderly patients...
- [Baclofen and liver cirrhosis: literature review and safety precautions implemented within the system CAMTEA]Benjamin Rolland
Dispositif CAMTEA, CHU Lille, Lille, France Service d addictologie, CHU Lille, Lille, France Université Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Therapie 69:143-7. 2014..These precautions notably consist of a protocolized process for declaring adverse events, and a hepatologic follow-up associated with the usual multidisciplinary care system set up within CAMTEA. ..
- [Temporary recommendation for use on off-label baclofen: viewpoint of Prescribers of the CAMTEA system]Benjamin Rolland
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Service d addictologie, hôpital Fontan 2, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Therapie 70:235-8. 2015....
- Pharmacology of hallucinations: several mechanisms for one single symptom?Benjamin Rolland
Department of Addictionology, CHU Lille, 59037 Lille, France Department of Pharmacology, Univ Lille Nord de France, EA 1046, 59000 Lille, France
Biomed Res Int 2014:307106. 2014....
- Early relapse in alcohol dependence may result from late withdrawal symptomsNicolas Simioni
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Med Hypotheses 79:894-5. 2012..Thus, we hypothesize that early relapses are more the consequence of late symptoms of PD than AA. From this standpoint, we propose that prolonged treatment with benzodiazepines may reduce the first-month relapse rate...
- Catatonia and alcohol withdrawal: a complex and underestimated syndromePierre Alexis Geoffroy
Univ Lille Nord de France, France
Alcohol Alcohol 47:288-90. 2012..We think that this co-occurrence could be underestimated in clinics because alcohol withdrawal symptoms may distract from its identification...
- Are gait initiation parameters early markers of Huntington's disease in pre-manifest mutation carriers?Arnaud Delval
Department of Neurology, Regional University Hospital, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gait Posture 34:202-7. 2011..However, two such parameters (stride-to-stride variability and first step duration under ST conditions) already appear to be sufficiently reliable diagnostic tools for differentiating between PMCs and HCs...
- [Cannabis use: what to do in general practice?]Victoire Benard
CHU de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Service d Addictologie, 59000 Lille, France
Presse Med 44:707-15. 2015..The GP has also to spot the different physical and psychiatric complications of cannabis use, in order to coordinate care between the different specialists...
- [Bipolar disorder in children and adolescents: a difficult diagnosis]Pierre Alexis Geoffroy
Universite Lille Nord de France, 59000 Lille, France CHRU de Lille, Service de Pédopsychiatrie, 59000 Lille, France INSERM, U955, Psychiatrie Génétique, 94000 Creteil, France AP HP, Hôpital A Chenevier, Centre Expert Bipolaire, 94000 Creteil, France Electronic address
Presse Med 43:912-20. 2014....
- [Supportive care in the management of treatment-resistant and chronic anorexia nervosa]Inès Bauwens
CHU de Lille, Service d Addictologie, 59000 Lille, France
Presse Med 43:263-9. 2014..The goals of care would be shifted at this point to active comfort measures and better quality of life. ..
- Assessing alcohol versus baclofen withdrawal syndrome in patients treated with baclofen for alcohol use disorderBenjamin Rolland
From the PRES Nord de France, Univ Lille Nord de France and Departmentsof Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, Pharmacology and Pharmacovigilance, and Resuscitation Care, CHU Lille, Lille, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 34:153-6. 2014..Moreover, further research should investigate to what extent GABA-A and GABA-B induce shared or distinct neuroadaptation processes and withdrawal syndromes...
- Therapeutic prospects of PPARs in psychiatric disorders: a comprehensive reviewBenjamin Rolland
Department of Pharmacology, EA 1046, Univ Lille Nord de France, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Curr Drug Targets 14:724-32. 2013..At the time of the emerging concept of psychoneuroimmunology, PPARs open original therapeutic prospects for the psychiatric research...
- [Clinical alcohology]Olivier Cottencin
UDSL, EA4559, 59000 Lille, France
Presse Med 41:1248-58. 2012..It combines hydration, benzodiazepines and thiamine. Strategies against alcoholism relapse use better evaluated psychotherapies (as behavioral and cognitive therapies) and the development of new pharmacological treatments...
- Interventions for Increasing Alcohol Treatment Utilization Among Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders from Emergency Departments: A Systematic ReviewNicolas Simioni
Service d Addictologie, CHRU Lille, F 59037 Lille, France CSAPA, EPSM Val de Lys Artois, 155 rue d Annezin, 62400 Bethune, France Electronic address
J Subst Abuse Treat 58:6-15. 2015..Thus we conducted a systematic review to determine efficacious interventions for increasing subsequent alcohol treatment from EDs...
- Supervised injection services: what has been demonstrated? A systematic literature reviewChloé Potier
Department of Addiction Medicine, CHRU de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59037 Lille, France University of Lille 2, Faculty of Medicine, F 59045 Lille, France Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 145:48-68. 2014..Nevertheless, SISs have also been accused of fostering drug use and drug trafficking...
- The impact of discontinuing methylphenidate on weight and eating behaviorVictoire Benard
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Department of Psychiatry, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Int J Eat Disord 48:345-8. 2015..Such risks should warrant further studies, as they could be particularly increased in patients with ADHD, who share common vulnerability factors with both obesity and eating disorders...
- GABAergic and glutamatergic modulation in binge eating: therapeutic approachDewi Guardia
Service d Addictologie CHRU de Lille Hôpital Calmette, Bd du Pr Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Curr Pharm Des 17:1396-409. 2011..Limitations of these studies are discussed. In view of these data, first- and second-line pharmacological interventions are proposed...
- The PPARα Agonist Fenofibrate Reduces Prepulse Inhibition Disruption in a Neurodevelopmental Model of SchizophreniaBenjamin Rolland
Département de Pharmacologie médicale, EA 1046, Universite Lille Nord de France, 1 place de Verdun, 59000 Lille, France
Schizophr Res Treatment 2012:839853. 2012..We notably found a significant difference (P < 0.05) in PPIm between groups KN and KF at PND56, which supposes that fenofibrate could be worthy of interest for early neuroprotection in schizophrenia...
- Off-label baclofen prescribing practices among French alcohol specialists: results of a national online surveyBenjamin Rolland
Société Française d Alcoologie, Issy les Moulineaux, France Service d addictologie, CHU Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 9:e98062. 2014..e., the French Alcohol Society, the proportion of physicians who prescribed off-label baclofen for alcohol use disorders (AUDs). The secondary objective was to depict the features of individual prescribing and monitoring practices...