Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Corticosteroids for alcoholic hepatitis--what's next?Philippe Mathurin
Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie Hôpital Claude Huriez 2 ème étage Est, Avenue Michel Polonovski, CHRU Lille 59037, France
J Hepatol 43:526-33. 2005
- Early switch to pentoxifylline in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis is inefficient in non-responders to corticosteroidsAlexandre Louvet
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Huriez, rue Polonovski, Lille, France
J Hepatol 48:465-70. 2008..A two-step strategy was evaluated consisting of early withdrawal of corticosteroids and a switch to pentoxifylline for 28 additional days in non-responders identified using early change in bilirubin level...
- Meta-analysis: evaluation of adjuvant therapy after curative liver resection for hepatocellular carcinomaP Mathurin
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hôpital Claude Hurriez, CHRU Lille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1247-61. 2003..To evaluate adjuvant modalities after curative resection for hepatocellular carcinoma using a meta-analysis of randomized and non-randomized controlled trials...
- [Cirrhosis: new concepts and great therapeutic progresses]Philippe Mathurin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex
Rev Prat 55:1525-6. 2005
- [Managing the complications of cirrhosis]Pierre Deltenre
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex
Rev Prat 55:1555-63. 2005..The apparition of these complications constitutes a major event for the patient. In addition to the etiological treatment, take charge of complications can improve the prognosis of the patients...
- The evolution of severe steatosis after bariatric surgery is related to insulin resistancePhilippe Mathurin
Service Maladie de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 130:1617-24. 2006..Our aim was to determine whether insulin resistance (IR) influences the histologic effects induced by bariatric surgery...
- A patient with alcoholic liver failure referred for liver transplantationPhilippe Mathurin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Liver Transpl 13:S83-6. 2007
- Fibrosis progression occurs in a subgroup of heavy drinkers with typical histological featuresP Mathurin
Service Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Huriez, CHRU de Lille, Lille, and ISERM 0114, Univ de Lille, Lille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:1047-54. 2007..Studies using consecutive liver biopsies constitute an attractive approach to gaining insight into the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver disease...
- Prospective study of the long-term effects of bariatric surgery on liver injury in patients without advanced diseasePhilippe Mathurin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHRU de Lille, Universite Lille 2, France
Gastroenterology 137:532-40. 2009..We performed a 5-year prospective study to evaluate fibrosis and nonalcoholic steatosis (NASH) in severely obese patients after bariatric surgery...
- Infection in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with steroids: early response to therapy is the key factorAlexandre Louvet
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 137:541-8. 2009....
- [Acute alcoholic hepatitis. Management practices for 2007]P Mathurin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille, Avenue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:S179-81. 2008
- [Alcohol and the liver]P Mathurin
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU, 59000 Lille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:840-9. 2009..Only abstainers are considered as candidates for liver transplantation. The recent development of non invasive methods opens up new perspectives for the screening of cirrhosis in subjects with heavy drinking...
- Treatment of severe forms of alcoholic hepatitis: where are we going?Philippe Mathurin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hôpital Huriez Lille, Lille, France
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:S60-2. 2008..Progress in understanding the pathogenesis of AH is opening up an exciting new era and is lending impetus to future evaluation of new drugs targeting the tumor necrosis factor pathways...
- Usefulness of viral kinetics for early prediction of a sustained virological response in HCV-1 non-responders re-treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirinPierre Deltenre
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
J Hepatol 55:989-95. 2011..The aim of this study was to identify, in HCV-1 non-responders and relapsers to IFN or Peg-IFN and ribavirin, the earliest and most accurate predictor of failure to respond to a new treatment combining Peg-IFN and ribavirin...
- Impact of viral eradication on mortality related to hepatitis C: a modeling approach in FranceSylvie Deuffic-Burban
CTRS INSERM U795, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
J Hepatol 49:175-83. 2008..In France, two recent studies enabled modeling of the impact of viral eradication on HCV mortality...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma screening in patients with compensated hepatitis C virus (HCV)-related cirrhosis aware of their HCV status improves survival: a modeling approachAbbas Mourad
INSERM U995, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France IAME, UMR 1137, INSERM, Paris, France, Univ Paris Nord Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Hepatology 59:1471-81. 2014..0002); 3) the combination of an increased rate of access and optimal effectiveness of HCC screening would increase LE by 31 months and decrease HCC mortality at 5 years by 20% (P < 0.0001)...
- The Lille model: a new tool for therapeutic strategy in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with steroidsAlexandre Louvet
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Avenue Michel Polonovski, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Hepatology 45:1348-54. 2007..Early identification of subjects with substantial risk of death according to the Lille model will improve management of patients suffering from severe AH and will aid in the design of future studies for alternative therapies...
- Predicted effects of treatment for HCV infection vary among European countriesSylvie Deuffic-Burban
ATIP AVENIR INSERM Unité 995, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 143:974-85.e14. 2012..We also assessed the effects of treatment with pegylated interferon and additional effects of triple therapy with protease inhibitors...
- Prednisolone with vs without pentoxifylline and survival of patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis: a randomized clinical trialPhilippe Mathurin
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, Lille, France
JAMA 310:1033-41. 2013..Prednisolone or pentoxifylline is recommended for severe alcoholic hepatitis, a life-threatening disease. The benefit of their combination is unknown...
- Impact of pegylated interferon and ribavirin on morbidity and mortality in patients with chronic hepatitis C and normal aminotransferases in FranceSylvie Deuffic-Burban
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U795, Faculte de Medecine, Pole Recherche, Lille, France
Hepatology 50:1351-9. 2009..If N-ALT patients are treated at the same proportions as those with E-ALT, morbidity and mortality could be further reduced by 1400 cases of cirrhosis (13%, 1200-2200), 600 complications (9%, 600-1000), and 500 deaths (9%, 500-800)...
- Early liver transplantation for severe alcoholic hepatitisPhilippe Mathurin
Hopital Claude Huriez, Services Maladies de l Appareil Digestif and INSERM Unité 995, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, de Lille and Université Nord de France, Lille
N Engl J Med 365:1790-800. 2011..Patients whose hepatitis is not responding to medical therapy have a 6-month survival rate of approximately 30%. Since most alcoholic hepatitis deaths occur within 2 months, early liver transplantation is attractive but controversial...
- Impact of insulin resistance on sustained response in HCV patients treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin: a meta-analysisPierre Deltenre
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
J Hepatol 55:1187-94. 2011..We aimed to confirm the role of IR assessed by the homoeostasis model assessment (HOMA-IR) on SVR and to determine its magnitude...
- Validation of noninvasive biomarkers (FibroTest, SteatoTest, and NashTest) for prediction of liver injury in patients with morbid obesityGuillaume Lassailly
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Université Lille2, CHRU de Lille, Université Lille2, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:499-506. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the diagnostic utility of noninvasive markers of fibrosis (FibroTest), steatosis (SteatoTest), and steatohepatitis (NashTest, ActiTest) in these patients...
- Impact of hepatitis C triple therapy availability upon the number of patients to be treated and associated costs in France: a model-based analysisSylvie Deuffic-Burban
ATIP AVENIR Inserm U995, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Gut 61:290-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to estimate the number of G1 patients to be treated in France in 2012 and associated costs...
- Evaluation of amantadine in chronic hepatitis C: a meta-analysisPierre Deltenre
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, France
J Hepatol 41:462-73. 2004..The benefit of amantadine combination therapy, either with interferon (IFN) alone (double therapy) or with ribavirin and IFN (triple therapy) is unknown...
- Impact of impaired aerobic capacity on liver transplant candidatesSebastien Dharancy
Service des maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Hopital Claude Huriez, France
Transplantation 86:1077-83. 2008....
- Progenitor cell expansion and impaired hepatocyte regeneration in explanted livers from alcoholic hepatitisLaurent Dubuquoy
INSERM, UMR995 LIRIC, Lille, France Univ Lille, UMR995 LIRIC, Lille, France CHRU Lille, Service des maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Hopital Huriez, Lille, France
Gut 64:1949-60. 2015..The unique opportunity of using explanted livers from patients with AH having undergone salvage liver transplantation allowed to perform more in-depth molecular translational studies...
- Bariatric Surgery Reduces Features of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis in Morbidly Obese PatientsGuillaume Lassailly
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Universite Lille 2, France Unité Inserm U 995, Universite Lille 2, France
Gastroenterology 149:379-88; quiz e15-6. 2015..We performed a prospective study to determine the biological and clinical effects of bariatric surgery in patients with NASH...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass versus adjustable gastric banding to reduce nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a 5-year controlled longitudinal studyRobert Caiazzo
General and Endocrine Surgery, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France Inserm U 859, European Genomic Institute for Diabetes, Lille University, Lille, France Hepathology, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France Inserm U 995, Lille, France Pathology, Lille University Hospital, INSERM U 837, Lille, France Nutrition, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France
Ann Surg 260:893-8; discussion 898-9. 2014..To compare the long-term benefit of gastric bypass [Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB)] versus adjustable gastric banding (AGB) on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in severely obese patients...
- Neutrophil migration during liver injury is under nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 1 controlSebastien Dharancy
INSERM U995, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 138:1546-56, 1556.e1-5. 2010..Our aim was to explore the role of NOD1 in PMN-induced liver injury...
- [Effects of bariatric surgery on the liver]Florent Gonzalez
Services des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif et de la Nutrition, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:280-6. 2005
- Impact of emerging hepatitis C virus treatments on future needs for liver transplantation in France: a modelling approachSylvie Deuffic-Burban
INSERM U995, University of Lille Nord de France, Lille, France Inserm ATIP AVENIR, Denis Diderot University, Paris, France
Dig Liver Dis 46:157-63. 2014....
- [Problems with therapeutic acetaminophen use in excessive drinkers]Alexandre Louvet
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hôpital Huriez CHRU, Lille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:769-74. 2006
- Phase II trial of docetaxel therapy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaMohamed Hebbar
Unité d Oncologie Médicale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Lille, France
Oncology 70:154-8. 2006..We assessed the safety and efficacy of docetaxel, a microtubule inhibitor, in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Drug-Eluting Beads Loaded With Doxorubicin (DEBDOX) Chemoembolisation Before Liver Transplantation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: An Imaging/Histologic Correlation StudyXavier Pauwels
Department of Digestive Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, CHRU Lille, Hopital Claude Huriez, rue Michel Polonoski, 59037, Lille Cedex, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 38:685-92. 2015..We sought to assess the imaging-histologic correlation after DEBDOX chemoembolisation...
- Combining Data From Liver Disease Scoring Systems Better Predicts Outcomes of Patients With Alcoholic HepatitisAlexandre Louvet
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, Lille, France Unité INSERM U995, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 149:398-406.e8; quiz e16-7. 2015..We aimed to combine features of all of these models to develop a better method to predict outcomes of patients with alcoholic hepatitis...
- Comparison of two techniques of transarterial chemoembolization before liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control studySebastien Dharancy
Service des maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Hopital Huriez, CHU Lille, France
Liver Transpl 13:665-71. 2007..This study observed trends toward improvement in the disease-free survival of patients with uninodular HCC < or =5 cm. Future studies focusing on such patients are warranted...
- [Daily life, pregnancy, and quality of life after liver transplantation]Amélie Cannesson
Maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Pôle de médecine Huriez, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Presse Med 38:1319-24. 2009..The global perception of quality of life increases after liver transplantation, but remains lower than in healthy subjects...
- Anticoagulation therapy may reverse biliary abnormalities due to acute portal thrombosisAlexandre Louvet
Services de Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hôpital Claude Huriez 2émeétage Est, Lille, France
Dig Dis Sci 51:11-7. 2006
- Assessing bone status in patients awaiting liver transplantationCécile Wibaux
Service de Rhumatologie, Département Universitaire de Rhumatologie, Université Nord de France, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
Joint Bone Spine 78:387-91. 2011..Osteoporosis is common in liver transplant recipients as a result of both iatrogenic factors and preexisting hepatic osteodystrophy...
- Impaired expression of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha during hepatitis C virus infectionSebastien Dharancy
Equipe Mixte INSERM 0114, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 128:334-42. 2005....
- [Membranous glomerulonephritis complicating hepatocellular carcinoma]Frederic Texier
Maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU Lille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:605-7. 2004..The patient's course was temporarily stabilized with loop diuretics and dialysis but the patient died of hemoperitoneum from a ruptured tumor...
- Corticosteroids improve short-term survival in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis: meta-analysis of individual patient dataPhilippe Mathurin
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Hopital Huriez, rue Polonovski, F 59037 Lille, France
Gut 60:255-60. 2011..This approach overcomes limitations associated with the use of literature data and improves the relevance of the study and estimates of effect size...
- Are targeted treatment recommendations in chronic hepatitis C tailored to diagnostic methods of fibrosis?Sylvie Deuffic-Burban
INSERM, LIRIC UMR995, Lille, France Univ Lille, Lille, France INSERM, IAME, UMR 1137, Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France Electronic address
J Hepatol . 2016..The goal of the present study was to evaluate the consequences of targeted and universal therapy for HCV-related morbidity-mortality based on the use of non-invasive diagnostic tests in France, Italy and the UK...
- Relevance of the ISGLS definition of posthepatectomy liver failure in early prediction of poor outcome after liver resection: study on 680 hepatectomiesCécile Skrzypczyk
Departments of Digestive Surgery and Transplantation Statistical Analysis Medical Oncology Critical Care Medicine Hepato Gastroenterology, CHU, Univ Nord de France, Lille, France
Ann Surg 260:865-70; discussion 870. 2014....
- [Treatment of chronic hepatitis C and alcohol consumption]Philippe Mathurin
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, CHRU de Lille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:B248-51. 2002
- Conversion to sirolimus: a useful strategy for recalcitrant cutaneous viral warts in liver transplant recipientSebastien Dharancy
Service des maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Lille, France
Liver Transpl 12:1883-7. 2006..Conversion to sirolimus was followed by a rapid improvement of cutaneous state suggesting that this strategy may be useful for recalcitrant cutaneous viral warts in transplant recipient...
- Perspectives on Treatment for Nonalcoholic SteatohepatitisGuillaume Lassailly
Lille Inflammation Research International Center, University of Lille, Lille, France INSERM U995, Lille, France Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire CHRU, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 150:1835-48. 2016..We review the pathogenic mechanisms of NASH and therapeutic options, as well as strategies that are being developed for the treatment of injury to the liver and other organs. ..
- Immediate vs. delayed treatment in patients with acute hepatitis C based on IL28B polymorphism: a model-based analysisSylvie Deuffic-Burban
Inserm ATIP AVENIR Modélisation, aide à la décision et coût efficacité en maladies infectieuses, Lille Paris, France
J Hepatol 57:260-6. 2012....
- Ultrasonographic surveillance of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis: a randomized trial comparing 3- and 6-month periodicitiesJean Claude Trinchet
AP HP, Hopital Jean Verdier, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Bondy, F 93140, France
Hepatology 54:1987-97. 2011..002). No difference in either HCC incidence (P = 0.13) or in prevalence of tumors ≤30 mm in diameter (79% versus 70%, P = 0.30) was observed between the randomized groups...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in HCV-related infectionSebastien Dharancy
Unité INSERM 795, Universite Lille 2, Service des maladies de l appareil digestif et de la nutrition, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
PPAR Res 2009:357204. 2009..The available nonhepatotoxic agonists of PPARs may constitute a progress in the therapeutic management of patients chronically infected with HCV...
- Multicenter prospective validation of the Baveno IV and Baveno II/III criteria in cirrhosis patients with variceal bleedingDominique Thabut
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, UPMC, Paris, France
Hepatology 61:1024-32. 2015..65 for Baveno IV versus Baveno II/III and Baveno V criteria (P=0.001 for both). ABRI did not improve the diagnostic performance of the Baveno IV criteria. The Baveno IV, but not Baveno II/III, criteria independently predicted survival...
- Early change in bilirubin levels is an important prognostic factor in severe alcoholic hepatitis treated with prednisolonePhilippe Mathurin
Sce d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hôpital Claude Hurriez, and Inserm EPI 0114 Lille, Paris, France
Hepatology 38:1363-9. 2003..In conclusion, ECBL is a very simple predictive factor for identifying nonresponders. A recommendation to discontinue corticosteroids after 7 days in patients without ECBL, suggested by our results, awaits additional confirmation...
- NOD2: a potential target for regulating liver injuryMathilde Body-Malapel
INSERM U795, Lille, France
Lab Invest 88:318-27. 2008..Taken together, our results indicate that NOD2 may represent a new therapeutic target in liver diseases...
- Effect of terlipressin (Glypressin) on hepatorenal syndrome in cirrhotic patients: results of a multicentre pilot studyChantal Halimi
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier de Senlis, Paris, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:153-8. 2002..Promising results have been shown with this drug. The purpose of this multicentre retrospective study was to evaluate the effects of terlipressin on renal function and survival of patients with HRS...
- Liver Transplantation for Alcoholic Liver DiseaseGiovanni Addolorato
1 Alcohol Use Disorders Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy 2 Liver Center, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Departments of Medicine and Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 3 Multivisceral Transplant Unit, Gastroenterology Department of Surgery, Oncology and Gastroenterology, Padova University Hospital, Padova, Italy 4 Starzl Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 5 Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University of Innsbruck and Academic Teaching Hospital Hall, Innsbruck, Austria 6 Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Teaching Hospital Hall, Austria 7 Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, WI 8 Service des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Huriez, Lille, France 9 Liver Unit, King s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom 10 Département d Hépatogastroenterologie et Transplantation, CHU Saint Eloi, Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier, France 11 Liver Transplantation and Hepatology Unit, La Fe University Hospital, Ciberehd and Valencia University, Valencia, Houston
Transplantation 100:981-7. 2016..ilts.org) with the final recommendations graded for level of evidence. The writing group membership is expected to remain active for 5 years, reviewing the guideline annually, and updating the online version when appropriate. ..
- Alcoholic liver disease: mechanisms of injury and targeted treatmentAlexandre Louvet
Service des Maladies de L appareil Digestif et Unité INSERM 995, Hopital Huriez, rue Polonovski, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:231-42. 2015..This Review discusses the main pathways associated with the progression of liver disease, as well as potential therapeutic strategies targeting these pathways. ..
- A comparison of fibrosis progression in chronic liver diseasesThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, et UPRESA 8067 CNRS, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Hepatol 38:257-65. 2003..No study has compared the liver fibrosis progression rates among chronic liver diseases and the risk factors in order to better organize screening strategies...
- Modelling the past, current and future HCV burden in France: detailed analysis and perspectivesSylvie Deuffic-Burban
CTRS INSERM U795, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Stat Methods Med Res 18:233-52. 2009..The models offered a useful tool to assess public health policy scenarios in planning healthcare responses to the HCV epidemic...
- A double-blind randomized controlled trial of infliximab associated with prednisolone in acute alcoholic hepatitisSylvie Naveau
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Hepatology 39:1390-7. 2004..In conclusion, three infusions of 10 mg/kg of infliximab in association with prednisolone may be harmful in patients with severe AAH because of the high prevalence of severe infections...
- The immunology of fibrogenesis in alcoholic liver diseaseAntonio Chedid
Department of Pathology, Rosalind Franklin University Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Ill 60064, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:1230-8. 2004..During the past decade, several animal models and human studies have attributed fibrogenesis in the liver to the role played by hepatocytes, Kupffer cells, endothelial cells, and especially stellate cells...
- Is alcoholic hepatitis an indication for transplantation? Current management and outcomesPhilippe Mathurin
Service d Hépatogastroentérologie Hôpital Claude Huriez and Equipe mixte INSERM 0114, CHU Lille, France
Liver Transpl . 2005..5. Therefore, a reasonable approach would be to carry out only pilot studies on only a small cohort of patients to determine whether transplantation improves survival in patients with severe AH...
- Corticosteroids improve short-term survival in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitis (AH): individual data analysis of the last three randomized placebo controlled double blind trials of corticosteroids in severe AHPhilippe Mathurin
Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
J Hepatol 36:480-7. 2002....
- [Interview: questions to Philippe Mathurin]Philippe Mathurin
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:560-2. 2006
- [Alcohol, metabolic syndrome and obesity: impact on treatment efficacy]Lawrence Serfaty
INSERM U680, Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S40-3. 2007..Efficacy of insulin sensitizing agents on virological response in patients treated with bi-therapy is under investigation in randomized controlled trials...
- Polymorphonuclear neutrophils are a source of hepatocyte growth factor in patients with severe alcoholic hepatitisJulien Taieb
Hepatology Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651, Cedex 13, Paris, France
J Hepatol 36:342-8. 2002..As AH is accompanied by inflammation, neutrophilia and polymorphonuclear neutrophil (PMN) infiltration of the liver, we postulated that PMN could be a source of HGF in such patients...
- Alcoholic liver injury and apoptosis--synopsis of the symposium held at ESBRA 2001: 8th Congress of the European Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism, Paris, September 16, 2001Manuela G Neuman
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Room E235, 2075 Bayview Ave, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Toronto, Canada
Alcohol 28:117-28. 2002
- Prothrombin index decrease: a useful and reliable marker of extensive fibrosis?Jean Francois Cadranel
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Laennec, BP 72, 60109 Creil Cedex, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1057-9. 2002..Among those serum markers, we focused on prothrombin index, which seems to be a reliable and non-expansive marker for the diagnosis of extensive fibrosis...
- [Celiac disease and liver involvement]Thierry Thevenot
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier de Cambrai
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:28-42. 2003
- [Non alcoholic steatohepatitis: the future in hepatology?]Philippe Mathurin
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:471-2. 2002
- [Inflammatory bowel disease and latent thrombocythemia: a novel cause of hepatic vein thrombosis?]Thomas Decaens
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hôpital Antoine Béclere France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:394-7. 2004..Moreover, this case-report suggests that administration of heparin at the onset of the thrombosis may induce a complete regression of the thrombus in hepatic veins...
- [Alcoholic hepatitis: pathophysiological data and therapeutic perspectives]Philippe Mathurin
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:D103-11. 2004
- Usefulness of routine analysis of ascitic fluid at the time of therapeutic paracentesis in asymptomatic outpatients. Results of a multicenter prospective studyRémy Romney
Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie et Diabétologie, Centre Hospitalier Laennec, Creil
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:275-9. 2005..The aim of the study was to evaluate the prevalence of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis and culture-negative neutrocytic ascites in a large population of consecutive asymptomatic cirrhotic ascitic ambulatory patients...
- Mass spectrometric approach for screening modifications of total serum N-glycome in human diseases: application to cirrhosisWilly Morelle
Unité Mixte de Recherche CNRS USTL 8576, Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, Université des Sciences et Technologis de Lille 1, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Glycobiology 16:281-93. 2006..The study of total serum N-glycome modifications is a preliminary for the discovery of new noninvasive diagnostic or prognostic biomarkers resulting from the variations of the N-glycan metabolism during diseases...
- Uncovered transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for refractory ascitesPierre Deltenre
Gastroenterology 130:1372-3; author reply 1373. 2006
- micro-Opioid receptor activation prevents acute hepatic inflammation and cell deathDania Chakass
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U795, University of Lille 2, Digestive Tract Diseases and Nutrition Department, 59037, Lille Cedex, France
Gut 56:974-81. 2007....
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Multistix 8 SG reagent strip in diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitisJean Baptiste Nousbaum
Services d Hépato Gastroentérologie de, Brest, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 45:1275-81. 2007..04). Using a threshold of 2+ for positivity of the reagent strip, sensitivity was 45.3% for the diagnosis of SBP, specificity was 99.2%, positive predictive value was 77.9%, and negative predictive value was 96.9%...
- Hepatitis C virus therapy to dateGraham Foster
Queen Mary Hospital, University of London, London, UK
Antivir Ther 13:3-8. 2008....
- [Acute recurrent pancreatitis in a composite CFTR heterozygote and Spink1 heterozygote patient]Frederic Texier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:630-1. 2006