Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Viruses and thyroiditis: an updateRachel Desailloud
Laboratoire de Virologie UPRES EA3610 Faculté de Médecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Centre de Biologie Pathologie et Parc Eurasanté, 59037 Lille, France
Virol J 6:5. 2009..Further studies are needed to clarify the relationship between viruses and thyroid diseases, in order to develop new strategies for prevention and/or treatment...
- Circulating and cell-bound antibodies increase coxsackievirus B4-induced production of IFN-alpha by peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with type 1 diabetesDidier Hober
Laboratory of Virology, UPRES EA Viral Pathogenesis of Diabetes Type 1, University Hospital, and University Lille 2, 59037 Lille, France
J Gen Virol 83:2169-76. 2002..These studies demonstrate that CVB4, through interactions with circulating and/or cell-bound IgGs, can strongly induce the production of IFN-alpha by PBMCs from patients with type 1 diabetes...
- [Mechanisms of imiquimod indirect antiviral activity]D Hober
Service de Virologie, Upres EA3610 CHRU, Lille, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 63:155-63. 2005..Thus imiquimod appears to be an original antiviral compound, because it does not act directly on the virus itself...
- Antibody-dependent enhancement of coxsackievirus B4 infectivity of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells results in increased interferon-alpha synthesisD Hober
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
J Infect Dis 184:1098-108. 2001..Thus, CVB4 can infect monocytes by an antibody-dependent mechanism through interactions between the virus, antiviral antibodies, and specific receptors that result in IFN-alpha production...
- Soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor type II (sTNFRII) in HIV-infected patients: relationship with the plasma level of HIV-1 RNAD Hober
Laboratoire de Virologie, Institut Gernez Rieux, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire, Lille, France
Immunol Lett 67:91-4. 1999..The plasma level of sTNFRII do not appear as a valuable surrogate marker of the plasma level of HIV-1 RNA in patients. Further investigations are needed to define the mechanism of the raised level of sTNFRII in HIV-1 infected patients...
- Inhibition of coxsackievirus B4 replication in stably transfected cells expressing human MxA proteinV Chieux
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHRU, Institut Gernez-Rieux, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Virology 283:84-92. 2001..These results indicate that the antiviral activity of MxA extends to CVB4 and that its replication cycle is inhibited at an early step in Vero/MxA cells...
- Human antibodies isolated from plasma by affinity chromatography increase the coxsackievirus B4-induced synthesis of interferon-alpha by human peripheral blood mononuclear cells in vitroW Chehadeh
Laboratoire de Virologie, , Institut Gernez-Rieux, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
J Gen Virol 82:1899-907. 2001..This study shows that CVB4-induced synthesis of IFN-alpha by PBMCs can be enhanced by an antibody-dependent mechanism through interactions between the virus, non-neutralizing antivirus antibodies, FcgammaRII and III and CAR...
- Persistent infection of human pancreatic islets by coxsackievirus B is associated with alpha interferon synthesis in beta cellsW Chehadeh
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHRU, Institut Gernez Rieux, 59037 Lille, France
J Virol 74:10153-64. 2000..Thus, human beta cells can harbor a persistent CVB infection, and CVB-induced IFN-alpha plays a role in the initiation and/or maintenance of chronic CVB infection in human islets...
- Experimental CVB3-induced chronic myocarditis in two murine strains: evidence of interrelationships between virus replication and myocardial damage in persistent cardiac infectionL Andreoletti
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier, Lille, France
J Med Virol 52:206-14. 1997..The results indicate that the cardiac persistence of enteroviral RNAs can be observed without chronic cardiomyopathy, which could be explained by a defective viral positive RNA replication...
- Coxsackievirus B4 and type 1 diabetes pathogenesis: contribution of animal modelsH Jaidane
Laboratoire de Virologie UPRES EA3610 Pathogenèse virale du diabète de type 1, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU Lille, Centre de Biologie Pathologie et Eurasanté, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:591-603. 2009....
- Comparison of use of cerebrospinal fluid, serum, and throat swab specimens in diagnosis of enteroviral acute neurological infection by a rapid RNA detection PCR assayL Andreoletti
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 36:589-91. 1998..Compared with PCR in systemic specimens, detection of enterovirus RNA in throat swabs showed a sensitivity of 62.5% and a specificity of 75.6%...
- [When an enterovirus emerges]B Kairis
Laboratoire de virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculte de Medecine, Centre de Biologie Pathologie, Universite Lille 2, CHRU de Lille, Bâtiment P Boulanger, Boulevard du Pr Jules Leclercq, 59037 Lille, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 57:258-67. 2009..There is no specific treatment to fight this virus, but innovative strategies, especially based on interfering RNA, are under investigation...
- Enhanced TNF alpha production by monocytic-like cells exposed to dengue virus antigensD Hober
Laboratoire de Virologie, Bât IRFPPS, CHU, Lille, France
Immunol Lett 53:115-20. 1996..Our results demonstrate that exposure of monocytes/macrophages to DV particles or virus proteins derived from DV may be responsible for the enhanced production of TNF alpha in DV-infected patients...
- Role of coxsackievirus B4 in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetesH Jaidane
Laboratoire de virologie UPRES EA3610, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, CHRU de Lille, Centre de Biologie Pathologie et Parc Eurasanté, 59037 Lille, France
Diabetes Metab 34:537-48. 2008....
- A respiratory syncytial virus isolate enables the testing of virucidal productsThomas Thevenin
Laboratory of Virology EA3610, University Lille 2, Faculty of Medecine, CHRU Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Int J Hyg Environ Health 215:293-6. 2012..Thanks to this isolate, the virucidal effects of two products, a hand rub solution and a surface disinfectant, were conveniently tested according to the EN 14476:2007-02 procedure...
- Increased levels of antiviral MxA protein in peripheral blood of patients with a chronic disease of unknown etiologyV Chieux
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHRU, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
J Med Virol 65:301-8. 2001..Altogether these results demonstrate that there is an activation of the IFN-alpha/MxA system in MS patients, which is consistent with the hypothesis that a viral infection may be associated with MS...
- [Role of N-linked glycans in the functions of hepatitis C virus envelope glycoproteins]A Goffard
Service de Virologie, UPRES EA3610, CHRU Lille, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, Lille, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:237-46. 2007..Some N-linked glycans of E2 were involved in interactions with CD81, a putative cellular receptor for HCV. It appeared that N-linked glycans of E1 and E2 played an important role of in the viral entry...
- [Emergent viruses: SARS-associate coronavirus and H5N1 influenza virus]A Goffard
Service de Virologie, UPRES EA3610, CHRU Lille, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Lille 2, Bâtiment P Boulanger, Lille
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 64:195-208. 2006..In french laboratories of medical virology, procedures are ready to diagnose the first case of A/H5N1 virus infection and cases of reemerging SARS virus infection...
- Isolation and replication in human fibroblast cells (MRC-5) of a microsporidian from an AIDS patientL Bocket
Laboratoire de bactériologie Virologie B, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
Microb Pathog 12:187-91. 1992..This parasite has been involved in hepatitis, myositis and malabsorption syndromes in AIDS patients. Its diagnosis is difficult and this is the first time that its replication has been reported in human diploid cells in vitro...
- [Development of duplex real-time RT-PCR for detection of influenza virus A and B]A Goffard
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA3610, Faculte de Medecine, CHRU CBP et Eurasanté, Universite de Lille 2, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 56:482-6. 2008..Thus, our method is adapted to diagnosis of flu infections. Nevertheless, our duplex RT-PCR will be tested during a flu outbreak...
- [Congenital human cytomegalovirus infection: value of human cytomegalovirus DNA quantification in amniotic fluid]O Nedelec
Service de Virologie, CHRU de Lille, bâtiment Paul Boulanger 59037 Lille, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:201-7. 2002..105 to > 107 cop/mL) and no difference was observed between symptomatic and asymptomatic foetuses. Further evaluation on larger samples is needed to define more precisely the pronostic value of HCMV DNA quantification in amniotic fluid...
- [Meetings on virology: 7th edition Lille, 4-5 October 2006. Viruses, markers of infection and diseases of unknown etiology]S Fronval
Service de Virologie, UPRES EA 3610, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Lille 2, CHRU Lille, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:335-41. 2007