J F Colombel
Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Efficacy and safety of adalimumab for the treatment of Crohn's disease in adultsJean Frederic Colombel
Hopital Huriez, Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, CHU Lille, rue Polonovski, 59037 Lille, Cedex, France
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:163-76. 2008..This article reviews the efficacy and safety of adalimumab in the treatment of adult patients with CD and discusses the role of adalimumab in the current and future management of CD...
- Interleukin 10 (Tenovil) in the prevention of postoperative recurrence of Crohn's diseaseJ F Colombel
Gastroenterology Unit, Hopital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Gut 49:42-6. 2001..We also assessed the effect of Tenovil in preventing endoscopic recurrence 12 weeks after surgery...
- The CARD15 (also known as NOD2) gene in Crohn's disease: are there implications for current clinical practice?Jean Frederic Colombel
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille and Registre EPIMAD, Hopital Calmette, Lille, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:5-9. 2003
- Infliximab, azathioprine, or combination therapy for Crohn's diseaseJean Frederic Colombel
Hôpital Claude Huriez and Centre d Investigation Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
N Engl J Med 362:1383-95. 2010..The comparative efficacy and safety of infliximab and azathioprine therapy alone or in combination for Crohn's disease are unknown...
- Comparison of two adalimumab treatment schedule strategies for moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease: results from the CHARM trialJean Frederic Colombel
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1170-9. 2009....
- [Inflammatory bowel diseases: a disease of the century]Jean Frederic Colombel
Service d hépato gastro entérologie et Inserm EPI 01 14, Hopital Claude Huriez, 59037 Lille
Rev Prat 55:941-2. 2005
- Genotypic analysis of thiopurine S-methyltransferase in patients with Crohn's disease and severe myelosuppression during azathioprine therapyJ F Colombel
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Huriez, CHRU Lille, France
Gastroenterology 118:1025-30. 2000..We investigated the distribution of mutant alleles associated with TPMT deficiency in patients with CD and myelosuppression during azathioprine/6-mercaptopurine therapy...
- Natalizumab: a promising treatment for Crohn's diseaseJean Frederic Colombel
Hopital Huriez, Service d Hépato Gastro Entérologie Rue Polonovski 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2:677-89. 2006..This article reviews the properties of natalizumab and addresses its potential benefits and risks in the treatment of CD...
- Adalimumab for maintenance of clinical response and remission in patients with Crohn's disease: the CHARM trialJean Frederic Colombel
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
Gastroenterology 132:52-65. 2007....
- Adalimumab for the treatment of fistulas in patients with Crohn's diseaseJ F Colombel
Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Rue Michel Polonovski, Lille, France
Gut 58:940-8. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy of adalimumab in the healing of draining fistulas in patients with active Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Adalimumab safety in global clinical trials of patients with Crohn's diseaseJean Frederic Colombel
Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:1308-19. 2009....
- Successful induction of tolerance to infliximab in patients with Crohn's disease and prior severe infusion reactionsC Duburque
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, CHRU of Lille, Lille Cedex, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:851-8. 2006..To appraise the tolerance and efficacy of an induction of tolerance protocol to infliximab permitting the re-administration of the drug to patients with Crohn's disease having had infusion reactions requiring suspension of treatment...
- Low ileal interleukin 10 concentrations are predictive of endoscopic recurrence in patients with Crohn's diseaseB Meresse
Equipe Propre Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médical 0114 sur la Physiopathologie des Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales, CHU Lille, France
Gut 50:25-8. 2002..Abnormal intestinal production of pro- (interleukin (IL)-1 beta, tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha)) and anti- (IL-10) inflammatory cytokines has been associated with severe outcome in experimental models of colitis...
- Switch from systemic steroids to budesonide in steroid dependent patients with inactive Crohn's diseaseA Cortot
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Gut 48:186-90. 2001..Steroid dependent patients with Crohn's disease are at high risk of developing glucocorticosteroid induced side effects...
- Environmental risk factors in paediatric inflammatory bowel diseases: a population based case control studyS Baron
Registre des Maladies Inflammatoires Chroniques de l Intestin EPIMAD, Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Hopital Calmette, Lille, France
Gut 54:357-63. 2005..Environmental exposures in early life have been implicated in the aetiology of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Mu opioid receptor expression is increased in inflammatory bowel diseases: implications for homeostatic intestinal inflammationD Philippe
INSERM, Lille, France
Gut 55:815-23. 2006....
- CD28+ intraepithelial lymphocytes with long telomeres are recruited within the inflamed ileal mucosa in Crohn diseaseB Meresse
Service d'Immunologie, EA 2686, Lille, France
Hum Immunol 62:694-700. 2001..Such perturbation of the IEL population within the ileal mucosa could contribute to the inflammation in Crohn disease...
- Eosinophilic gastroenteritis: ultrastructural evidence for a selective release of eosinophil major basic proteinG Torpier
Unité Mixte INSERM U 167 CNRS 624, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Clin Exp Immunol 74:404-8. 1988..The diffusion of one granule protein from the granules to the exterior of the cells favours the view of a selective release of eosinophil mediators...
- Interleukin 3, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, and interleukin 5 in eosinophilic gastroenteritisP Desreumaux
Clinique des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Lille, France
Gastroenterology 110:768-74. 1996..The aim of this study was to examine the immunoreactivity for IL-3, GM-CSF, and IL-5 within the duodenal and colonic mucosa of 10 patients with EG...
- Parallel interleukin 5 synthesis by eosinophils in duodenal and skin lesions of a patient with dermatitis herpetiformisP Desreumaux
Clinique des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire CHRU, Lille, France
Gut 37:132-5. 1995..It is suggested that duodenal and cutaneous eosinophils can synthesise IL5 and then participate in small bowel and skin lesions...
- Nodular regenerative hyperplasia in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with azathioprineG Vernier-Massouille
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, CH et U de Lille, France
Gut 56:1404-9. 2007....
- Early vascular changes in Crohn's disease: an endoscopic fluorescence studyV Maunoury
Dept of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Lille, France
Endoscopy 32:700-5. 2000..The aim of this study was use fluorescence endoscopy to evaluate the mucosal microcirculation of the neoterminal ileum in relation to endoscopic recurrence in patients who had undergone ileocolonic resection for Crohn's disease...
- [Desensitisation to infliximab in patients with Crohn's disease]J Lelong
Service de pneumo allergologie, Clinique des Maladies Respiratoires, Hopital Albert Calmette, CHRU, Lille, France
Rev Mal Respir 22:239-46. 2005..Infliximab infusions have been associated both with immediate and delayed reactions...
- Inflammation increases sufentanil requirements during surgery for inflammatory bowel diseasesA Guidat
Hopital Claude Huriez, Département d Anesthésie Réanimation 2, Lille, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:957-62. 2003..Sufentanil requirements were assessed during surgery...
- [Infliximab therapy for Crohn's disease anoperineal lesions]A Ouraghi
, CHU, Lille, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:949-56. 2001..CONCLUSION: Remicade is rapidly effective and well tolerated in anoperineal Crohn's lesions, but the high relapse rate stresses the need for long term therapeutic strategies in these patients...
- Pre-operative management is associated with low rate of post-operative morbidity in penetrating Crohn's diseaseP Zerbib
Department of Digestive Surgery and Transplantation, Univ Lille Nord de France, CHU Lille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:459-65. 2010..Ileocaecal resection for penetrating Crohn's disease is still challenging with a high rate of post-operative morbidity and faecal diversion...
- Mucin gene expression in intestinal epithelial cells in Crohn's diseaseM P Buisine
Unité Inserm no 377, Lille, France
Gut 49:544-51. 2001..Crohn's disease (CD) is a chronic relapsing inflammatory bowel disease of unknown origin. It is characterised by chronic mucosal ulcerations which affect any part of the intestine but most commonly are found in the ileum and proximal colon...
- Attenuation of colon inflammation through activators of the retinoid X receptor (RXR)/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) heterodimer. A basis for new therapeutic strategiesP Desreumaux
Equipe Propre Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale 0114 sur la Physiopathologie des Maladies Inflammatoires Intestinales, CHU Lille 59037, France
J Exp Med 193:827-38. 2001....
- Opposite evolution in incidence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in Northern France (1988-1999)F Molinie
Registre des Maladies Inflammatoires Chroniques de l Intestin EPIMAD, Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Hopital Calmette, CHR and U de Lille, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gut 53:843-8. 2004..Northern France was characterised by a high incidence of Crohn's disease (CD) and a low incidence of ulcerative colitis (UC) according to the first inquiry undertaken in the late 1980s...
- Health-related quality of life in Crohn's disease: a prospective longitudinal study in 231 patientsF Blondel-Kucharski
, CHU, Lille, France
Am J Gastroenterol 96:2915-20. 2001..CONCLUSION: Patients' QoL is impaired by CD and is underestimated by doctors. Tobacco, hospitalization, and use of corticoids have a negative impact on QoL. Conversely, the use of immunosuppressors is associated with a better QoL...
- Qualitative study of fecal alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor in normal subjects and patients with Crohn's diseaseC Mizon
Laboratoire de Biochimie, , Lille, France
Clin Chem 34:2268-70. 1988..In contrast, alpha 1 PI of Mr 51,000 was detected in fecal extracts from eight patients with active Crohn's disease (CDAI = 287, SEM 39). We conclude that fecal alpha 1 PI can be considered a marker of intestinal disease activity...
- Bacteriome and Mycobiome Interactions Underscore Microbial Dysbiosis in Familial Crohn's DiseaseG Hoarau
Inserm U995 Team 2, Universite Lille 2, Faculté de Médecine H Warembourg, Pole Recherche, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
MBio 7:. 2016..S. marcescens used fimbriae to coaggregate or attach with C. tropicalis/E. coli, while E. coli was closely apposed with C. tropicalis Specific interkingdom microbial interactions may be key determinants in CD...
- Role of mannose-binding lectin in intestinal homeostasis and fungal eliminationL Choteau
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Mucosal Immunol 9:767-76. 2016..This study shows that MBL expression is induced in the gut in response to C. albicans sensing and is required for intestinal homeostasis and host defense against C. albicans. ..
- Systematic review: fertility in non-surgically treated inflammatory bowel diseaseN Tavernier
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, University Lille Nord de France, CHRU Lille, Lille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:847-53. 2013..Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) typically affect young patients during the reproductive years, and reproductive issues are of key concern to them...
- Antibodies against glucan, chitin, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae mannan as new biomarkers of Candida albicans infection that complement tests based on C. albicans mannanB Sendid
INSERM U799, Universite Lille 2, Lille, France
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1868-77. 2008..Future trials are necessary to assess the value of these tests in multiparametric analysis, as well as their pathophysiological relevance...
- Simple gas chromatography analysis of faecal butyrate: application to patients at risk of pouchitisG Renom
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, Lille, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:15-9. 2001..We also observed a noticeable reduction in the concentration of butyrate in patients who went on to develop a pouchitis...
- Alpha-chain disease: analysis of alpha-chain protein and secretory component in jejunal fluidD Lucidarme
Laboratoire d Explorations Fonctionelles Digestives, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, Lille, France
Gastroenterology 104:278-85. 1993..This was studied in a 23-year-old Mauritanian man in whom alpha-chain disease was diagnosed localized to the duodenum and jejunum, nasopharynx, and bone marrow...